The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I always felt that that would happen even though I personally think he should kick her to the curb. She is a leech!

Old 08-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Courtier

If Andrew and Sarah actually do remarry and that is why she was invited to Balmoral ( For talks of Reconciliations) then good for then if they are in love and have work on all their problems and have put everything that happened in the pass behind them. Obviously something is going on as Sarah was invited to Balmoral and announcement could be coming soon but it could just be Beatrice is engage.

But as some have said on here and old thread I can't really see Andrew and Sarah remarrying, at least not anytime soon. If they do ever remarry it will not be during this current reign and it will mist likely be During Prince Charles Reign if they ever remarry that is if (the Future King) Charles accept Sarah back into the Royal Family doing Royals Duties.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
If Andrew and Sarah actually do remarry and that is why she was invited to Balmoral ( For talks of Reconciliations) then good for then if they are in love and have work on all their problems and have put everything that happened in the pass behind them. Obviously something is going on as Sarah was invited to Balmoral and announcement could be coming soon but it could just be Beatrice is engage.

But as some have said on here and old thread I can't really see Andrew and Sarah remarrying, at least not anytime soon. If they do ever remarry it will not be during this current reign and it will mist likely be During Prince Charles Reign if they ever remarry that is if (the Future King) Charles accept Sarah back into the Royal Family doing Royals Duties.
There are choices here

Remarry with royal consent and A&S do royal duties
Remarry with royal consent and only Andrew does royal duties
Remarry without royal consent - Andrew drops out of public life

Frankly, I am tired of the idea that royal wives get half a deal. I'm not happy that Camilla is Duchess of Cornwall and not Princess of Wales (and she definitely should be Queen) and I'd be fed up if Andrew wants to remarry Sarah and she doesn't get royal duties (ie barred from such).

It would be pathetic.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
It is not the first time she has been to Balmoral since the end of her marriage to Andrew so the visit may have had no hidden or secret meaning.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^
It is not the first time she has been to Balmoral since the end of her marriage to Andrew so the visit may have had no hidden or secret meaning.
I think the big difference this time is that Sarah actually stayed at the main castle whereas before she stayed in residences on the Balmoral ground.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Courtier

If this is t be true, I would expect a quiet under the radar wedding... Sooner than later ( maybe over the holidays). Something akin to Anne's second wedding. It won't be about the wedding, it will be about the York family. Putting forth a united family. The timing is perfect after the jubilee celebrations, just settling into this nice family unit for the next royal wedding probably to be announced next year. The royal family has learned a lot in the last 20 years about timing and planning. Andrew has been working on his pr very deliberately this past year .. Launching his website, the princesses dipping making appearances ( garden parties, etc). Obviously with the support of his mother. If he wants to reconcile publicly with Sarah, he is setting it up nicely.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
I always felt that that would happen even though I personally think he should kick her to the curb. She is a leech!

True, but she can't use him unless he permits it, and he's really been something of a doormat (at least where Fergie is concerned).
If they remarry, he'll deserve what he gets.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
True, but she can't use him unless he permits it, and he's really been something of a doormat (at least where Fergie is concerned).
This and Michelleqmpost are v harsh. We all can learn from our mistakes. Sarah and Andrew have brought their girls up v well.

So many people in the world hope for a 2nd chance - why not these 2?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Serene Highness

Andrew never remarried l and remained loyal to Sarah through many nasty headlines and circumstances. Perhaps it is LOVE?! And, if it is, so be it and I hope they will be very happy together.

As for the story in The Telegraph --- as a PR professional, I think it's the Palace floating a trial balloon to get a gauge on public opinion regarding a remarriage. I do think it will take place and I think it will take place BEFORE the DOE passes, not after.

Regardless of opinions regarding Sarah's behavior, she and Andrew have been incredible parents and have raised two fine young women. In the end -- that's the only measure that counts!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
My goodness you and michelleq are hard!

Yes, Fergie has made some blunders, but we all make mistakes and most of us have the good fortune to be able to keep ours relatively secret. I can think of a number of things I've done that I would certainly not want to have published on the front page of newspapers all over the world. Sarah seems a likeable and warm-hearted woman to me, and she and Andrew have raised two wonderful young women who seem to adore both of them.

If Sarah and Andrew want to remarry I wish them great happiness.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
My goodness you and michelleq are hard!

Yes, Fergie has made some blunders, but we all make mistakes and most of us have the good fortune to be able to keep ours relatively secret. I can think of a number of things I've done that I would certainly not want to have published on the front page of newspapers all over the world. Sarah seems a likeable and warm-hearted woman to me, and she and Andrew have raised two wonderful young women who seem to adore both of them.

If Sarah and Andrew want to remarry I wish them great happiness.
100% behind this thought!

Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 1h
Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York via @Telegraph http://fw.to/YCxt4KC

Wedding with Andrew and Sarah?
I don't believe that they will ever re-marry, but I also don't believe that they should have ever divorced. They were extremely immature when they wed in 1986, but unlike the Prince and Princess of Wales they were a true love match. They have been excellent parents to the children they brought into the world. Beatrice and Eugenie seem not to have any emotional baggage from their parents messy divorce and Sarah's often unseemly behavior since.

IF they do manage to pull off a miracle and end up reuniting, I do not think life will be easy for them within the BRF. The DoE cannot abide Sarah, and Charles reportedly has no use for her either. Sarah has been a loose cannon and probably will not be granted "HRH" again.

I have read that when Sarah and Andrew divorced, she kept all her homes as virtual shrines to him with his photos all over the place.

True love never dies, but that doesn't necessarily always mean that you can make a successful marriage with it.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Andrew never remarried l and remained loyal to Sarah through many nasty headlines and circumstances. Perhaps it is LOVE?! And, if it is, so be it and I hope they will be very happy together.

As for the story in The Telegraph --- as a PR professional, I think it's the Palace floating a trial balloon to get a gauge on public opinion regarding a remarriage. I do think it will take place and I think it will take place BEFORE the DOE passes, not after.
Well, I would be happy if Andrew and Sarah remarried, and I've been expecting it for a long time. But the Telegraph article doesn't have much new information, so I wonder why it was even published? Your theory about a PR trial is interesting. At the least, the public now knows that the Queen accepts Sarah, because of the Balmoral visit earlier this month.

I also think a wedding for Beatrice is in the wings, though.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Bother! this is being discussed on more than one thread and Im on both!

Confused or what!

Old 08-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I watched their wedding live, and I have never forgotten how beautiful it was and how happy they seemed. They were almost floating on air.

Then they royally blew it-no pun intended.

The rational part of me says they can never put it back together again.

My heart says they should go for it, and God bless!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm old enough to remember how they looked at one another when they were first together. You could tell they "got" one another in a very special way. They were naughty - but there was also this undercurrent of fun and appreciation for one another. Youtube probably has some old video of them. They were such a breath of fresh air...

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 08-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
There are choices here

Remarry with royal consent and A&S do royal duties
Remarry with royal consent and only Andrew does royal duties
Remarry without royal consent - Andrew drops out of public life
I can see Andrew and Sarah doing royal duties together. I think Sarah would be much more "stable" if Andrew was at her side as much as possible. I also think Andrew would be much more interesting if Sarah were at his side (I like Andrew, but his speeches always tend to come across as a bit dry and boring, to me).
Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I don't believe that they will ever re-marry, but I also don't believe that they should have ever divorced. They were extremely immature when they wed in 1986, but unlike the Prince and Princess of Wales they were a true love match. They have been excellent parents to the children they brought into the world. Beatrice and Eugenie seem not to have any emotional baggage from their parents messy divorce and Sarah's often unseemly behavior since.

IF they do manage to pull off a miracle and end up reuniting, I do not think life will be easy for them within the BRF. The DoE cannot abide Sarah, and Charles reportedly has no use for her either. Sarah has been a loose cannon and probably will not be granted "HRH" again.

I have read that when Sarah and Andrew divorced, she kept all her homes as virtual shrines to him with his photos all over the place.

True love never dies, but that doesn't necessarily always mean that you can make a successful marriage with it.
How true!

Also true that no matter what you may think of Andrew and Sarah, they do seem to have raised some wonderful daughters - just goes to show that the public does not always get the whole picture of a person.

In any event, Sarah's visit to Balmoral will only become clear in hindsight.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Joe Little is one of those royal article writers who deals in facts. It'll be very interesting to watch this story develop. The Duke is far enough down the line of succession now that I don't think it would matter if they remarried; but I think that they'd have to promise to live very quiet lives if it becomes official. Sarah isn't cut out for full-time Royal life, although occasional appearances might be okay.

I can't access this article because I've used up my 10 free articles for this month.
THIS. If it was to ever happen, Sarah would have to agree to stay as far in the shadows as possible which I am not sure she is capable of doing.

Just wondering...would they have to have another CoE ceremony or just a civil ceremony? Has the CoE changed it's policy on divorce?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

They did, do love one another. They shouldn't worry about anything except how they feel and want to live out their lives.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york