The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
My goodness you and michelleq are hard!

Yes, Fergie has made some blunders, but we all make mistakes and most of us have the good fortune to be able to keep ours relatively secret. I can think of a number of things I've done that I would certainly not want to have published on the front page of newspapers all over the world. Sarah seems a likeable and warm-hearted woman to me, and she and Andrew have raised two wonderful young women who seem to adore both of them.

If Sarah and Andrew want to remarry I wish them great happiness.
100% behind this thought!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 1h
Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York via @Telegraph http://fw.to/YCxt4KC

Wedding with Andrew and Sarah?
I don't believe that they will ever re-marry, but I also don't believe that they should have ever divorced. They were extremely immature when they wed in 1986, but unlike the Prince and Princess of Wales they were a true love match. They have been excellent parents to the children they brought into the world. Beatrice and Eugenie seem not to have any emotional baggage from their parents messy divorce and Sarah's often unseemly behavior since.

IF they do manage to pull off a miracle and end up reuniting, I do not think life will be easy for them within the BRF. The DoE cannot abide Sarah, and Charles reportedly has no use for her either. Sarah has been a loose cannon and probably will not be granted "HRH" again.

I have read that when Sarah and Andrew divorced, she kept all her homes as virtual shrines to him with his photos all over the place.

True love never dies, but that doesn't necessarily always mean that you can make a successful marriage with it.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Andrew never remarried l and remained loyal to Sarah through many nasty headlines and circumstances. Perhaps it is LOVE?! And, if it is, so be it and I hope they will be very happy together.

As for the story in The Telegraph --- as a PR professional, I think it's the Palace floating a trial balloon to get a gauge on public opinion regarding a remarriage. I do think it will take place and I think it will take place BEFORE the DOE passes, not after.
Well, I would be happy if Andrew and Sarah remarried, and I've been expecting it for a long time. But the Telegraph article doesn't have much new information, so I wonder why it was even published? Your theory about a PR trial is interesting. At the least, the public now knows that the Queen accepts Sarah, because of the Balmoral visit earlier this month.

I also think a wedding for Beatrice is in the wings, though.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Bother! this is being discussed on more than one thread and Im on both!

Confused or what!

Old 08-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I watched their wedding live, and I have never forgotten how beautiful it was and how happy they seemed. They were almost floating on air.

Then they royally blew it-no pun intended.

The rational part of me says they can never put it back together again.

My heart says they should go for it, and God bless!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm old enough to remember how they looked at one another when they were first together. You could tell they "got" one another in a very special way. They were naughty - but there was also this undercurrent of fun and appreciation for one another. Youtube probably has some old video of them. They were such a breath of fresh air...
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 08-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
There are choices here

Remarry with royal consent and A&S do royal duties
Remarry with royal consent and only Andrew does royal duties
Remarry without royal consent - Andrew drops out of public life
I can see Andrew and Sarah doing royal duties together. I think Sarah would be much more "stable" if Andrew was at her side as much as possible. I also think Andrew would be much more interesting if Sarah were at his side (I like Andrew, but his speeches always tend to come across as a bit dry and boring, to me).
Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I don't believe that they will ever re-marry, but I also don't believe that they should have ever divorced. They were extremely immature when they wed in 1986, but unlike the Prince and Princess of Wales they were a true love match. They have been excellent parents to the children they brought into the world. Beatrice and Eugenie seem not to have any emotional baggage from their parents messy divorce and Sarah's often unseemly behavior since.

IF they do manage to pull off a miracle and end up reuniting, I do not think life will be easy for them within the BRF. The DoE cannot abide Sarah, and Charles reportedly has no use for her either. Sarah has been a loose cannon and probably will not be granted "HRH" again.

I have read that when Sarah and Andrew divorced, she kept all her homes as virtual shrines to him with his photos all over the place.

True love never dies, but that doesn't necessarily always mean that you can make a successful marriage with it.
How true!

Also true that no matter what you may think of Andrew and Sarah, they do seem to have raised some wonderful daughters - just goes to show that the public does not always get the whole picture of a person.

In any event, Sarah's visit to Balmoral will only become clear in hindsight.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Joe Little is one of those royal article writers who deals in facts. It'll be very interesting to watch this story develop. The Duke is far enough down the line of succession now that I don't think it would matter if they remarried; but I think that they'd have to promise to live very quiet lives if it becomes official. Sarah isn't cut out for full-time Royal life, although occasional appearances might be okay.

I can't access this article because I've used up my 10 free articles for this month.
THIS. If it was to ever happen, Sarah would have to agree to stay as far in the shadows as possible which I am not sure she is capable of doing.

Just wondering...would they have to have another CoE ceremony or just a civil ceremony? Has the CoE changed it's policy on divorce?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

They did, do love one another. They shouldn't worry about anything except how they feel and want to live out their lives.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Because of limited access - Mermaid1962 refers to it - here is a summary

Friends claim that the couple are so close that they will eventually formalise their reunion.

“Mark my words, they will remarry,” said one friend. “It is only a matter of time.”

Another said: “It wouldn’t surprise me at all. They are a wonderful couple together and, better still, pretty amazing parents.”

The couple have remained close since they divorced in 1996 and both live at Royal Lodge, the former country home of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, in Berkshire.
They joined Beatrice, 25, and her sister, Princess Eugenie, 23, for the weekend at Balmoral, the Queen’s Scottish retreat, earlier this month.

In little-noticed comments in 2009, Prince Andrew, said “Do we have to be married? Well, let’s put it another way, I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility. We have two great children. We still look after them.”

The Duke has been linked to a string of women over the years, but none of the relationships has endured. The Duchess's friendships have, similarly, faltered.
Prince Andrew has never criticised his ex-wife and has provided financial support when she has needed it.

A spokesman for the Duchess declined to comment. END

I dont remember a "string of women" !

Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
They did, do love one another. They shouldn't worry about anything except how they feel and want to live out their lives.
well said! they should never have divorced IMO.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah and Andrew and their girls are not media darlings, but there is something about the Yorks and their bulldog determination to keep their family unit intact even after scandal, divorce and ostracizement that has kept me rooting for them.

It will be a tough road for them if they ever do remarry. Sarah is persona non grata in the highest levels of British society. Only Andrew and their girls have remained unshakeably loyal to her.

But as messy as it is, theirs is a true love story-one of the few genuine ones in the BRF, imo. That alone is worth trying to salvage perhaps.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

People here called this a couple of years back (whenever Sarah's rehab special was on TV).

Looks like it works. It was probably PR that was standing between them and true love all these years.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The DoE cannot abide Sarah, and Charles reportedly has no use for her either. Sarah has been a loose cannon and probably will not be granted "HRH" again.
There is no need to 'grant' it as it is automatic - the wife of a male HRH is HRH under the 1917 LPs.

It would actually have to be a formal stripping her of the right of every woman in the land to take the titles and rank of her husband. It would have to be done by an act of parliament and not anything else - as was made clear in 2005 in the Camilla situation whereby the then PM made it clear that an Act of Parliament would be needed to strip her of her right to be Queen and that she was the Princess of Wales even though she chose not to use that title.

She may chose not to use it - but it would be her automatic right as the wife of a son of the monarch - unless the Queen was to issue LPs to stop ALL wives of sons, or at least younger sons, of monarchs that styling so stripping it from Sophie, Brigitte, Katherine and Marie-Christine and denying it to Harry's future wife as well.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
THIS. If it was to ever happen, Sarah would have to agree to stay as far in the shadows as possible which I am not sure she is capable of doing.

Just wondering...would they have to have another CoE ceremony or just a civil ceremony? Has the CoE changed it's policy on divorce?
The CoE's attitude on divorce changed many years ago to allow for divorced persons to marry in a CoE service so long as the new partner didn't substantially contribute to the break up of the former marriage so Charles and Camilla didn't have a CoE service as people saw Camilla as a cause of the break-up of Charles' first marriage, rightly or wrongly but that is a discussion for another forum. As Andrew and Sarah would be remarrying, with no intervening marriage, there would be no bar to them remarrying in the CoE. It could even be argued that they don't need The Queen's consent under the RMA as she gave that back in 1986.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Serene Highness

They will remarry.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd be happy to see them re-marry, personally.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Commoner

All I could think about this is--Buckle up folks, it is going to be a bumpy ride.

My father remarried his ex and I have a friend who did as well. Neither worked. There are reasons that you divorce. Unless you do lots of therapy to find out why and fix the problems. The problems are still there in the end and you will revert to the former miserable state that you were before, only to kick yourself for not learning the lesson the first time!

After Sarah's Oprah "performance" where she had all the help anyone could hope for to start moving in the right direction, she doesn't understand that she is a messed up NARCISSIST. Andrew is so co-dependent it is sad. He has dated some nice ladies who could have helped him in so many ways. All I can say is sad. Really sad. I wish I could be happy for them, but they haven't fixed their independent issues, so this isn't going to go well, I fear.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Cynderella, you make some great points especially about Sarah's "Oprah" appearances. AWFUL.

But how do we know about the quality of Andrew's post divorce relationships? How can we be sure these were "nice" women he was involved with?

And most important of all, how do we know that A/S have not recently gotten some intensive and private counseling to iron out and "fix" their problems?

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york