The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrice has more than likely inherited enough money to be independently wealthy if she's careful and makes good financial choices. Not everyone needs a career, and a ton of people find no personal fulfillment in what they do for a living.

It's fine if she wants to work for a few years and then focus on charitable activities. It really comes down to what will make her happy

Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We really don't know what is going through Beatrice's mind right now or what she feels it takes to make her life a happy one and fulfilled. I don't think its solely earning a paycheck that makes a woman successful and able to be independent but I do think for the majority of women, it is what it takes in today's world.

Perhaps she is seeking out different employment. Perhaps she's looking to be a homemaker and raise her children while working with charities and patronages that mean something to her. Perhaps her life's ambition is to scale Mt. Everest. We really don't know. She is just fortunate in that she has her own financial freedom to allow her to explore and find out just what her niche in life is.

One thing I do know is that a lot of us would love/have loved to have the opportunities that she does.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Frankly, and no offence personally, IMO that's an awful attitude to life. I think anyone woman or man should have some form of career, long term job in their lifetime and not live off their parents.
I just want a person to live for a purpose in their present life. (That doesn't mean you have to make money, or a 9 to 5 job or live off your parents.)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Frankly, and no offence personally, IMO that's an awful attitude to life. I think anyone woman or man should have some form of career, long term job in their lifetime and not live off their parents.
I have a job, I do earn a paycheck, however it is not a career. I have a career at home raising my children. are you saying that is not self respecting?
Old 08-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is all very nice. But none of the queens children earn a living. Don't tell me about the Duchy of Cornwall. It was given to Charles, he didn't earn it, apply and try to get it. They all live off the "queen's dole", so to speak. Yes, in other royal families, today, they actually have real jobs. The late Prince Friso worked for Goldman Sachs. Prince Constantine of the Netherlands has a job in Brussels. Those are "real jobs". No that they needed them or could get fired.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
This is all very nice. But none of the queens children earn a living. Don't tell me about the Duchy of Cornwall. It was given to Charles, he didn't earn it, apply and try to get it. They all live off the "queen's dole", so to speak. Yes, in other royal families, today, they actually have real jobs. The late Prince Friso worked for Goldman Sachs. Prince Constantine of the Netherlands has a job in Brussels. Those are "real jobs". No that they needed them or could get fired.
You sure never have posted anything positive or have you?
Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
I am afraid you will have to learn to accept that different monarchies have different traditions regarding the non regnant, non heir, members of their royal families and what they expect of them in terms of supporting the monarch and representing the nation.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post

I have a job, I do earn a paycheck, however it is not a career. I have a career at home raising my children. are you saying that is not self respecting?
If you read what I said, my main point was not to live off your parents. I personally don't respect that.
I never mentioned anything about respecting careers. However personally, I wouldn't call raising a family a career, I would call it a lifestyle choice.

Back to Beatrice, if she wants to holiday all her life and live off Bank of Grandma and Dad that's her choice, however I will take any notice of her. If she chooses to join the firm, I will respect her decision because frankly opting in on such on such a life as 24/7 press intrusion would never be my cup of tea.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 1h
Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York via @Telegraph http://fw.to/YCxt4KC

Wedding with Andrew and Sarah?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Majesty

I've always have my fingers cross for those two.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Joe Little is one of those royal article writers who deals in facts. It'll be very interesting to watch this story develop. The Duke is far enough down the line of succession now that I don't think it would matter if they remarried; but I think that they'd have to promise to live very quiet lives if it becomes official. Sarah isn't cut out for full-time Royal life, although occasional appearances might be okay.

I can't access this article because I've used up my 10 free articles for this month.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

She is ok at royal duties, if she has Andrew with her.

He was away so much and she went off the rails; she then tried to make her own way in the world and got derailed again.

Within the confines of BRF, and wih Andrew with her, she would be ok.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

New article from the Telegraph: Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York - Telegraph
Old 08-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
already being discussed in "York Weddings" - join in!

Old 08-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Majesty

I think Sarah could handle royal life today better than she did in the late 80's and early 90's.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
already being discussed in "York Weddings" - join in!
Ha - okay, thanks!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Courtier

I always find that to me Sarah is good in small doses but if she started doing lost of engagemetns I'd worry she'd become more of a liability.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

She cannot manage "ordinary" life without Andrews help, so I cannot imagine her being able to handle the pressures of "royal" life even today. Best she finds some other man to support her, although I cannot imagine who that could possibly be.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:19 PM

It was interesting she was invited before Philips return to Balmoral, there was a purpose to this meeting, it is either one of the girls about to become engaged or maybe andrew and sarah themselves. It is also the point that this meeting could have taken place privately within buck palace, but no it has taken place where it would be noticed and commented on within the press. A bit of groundwork going on I think.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York

Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york