The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Joe Little is one of those royal article writers who deals in facts. It'll be very interesting to watch this story develop. The Duke is far enough down the line of succession now that I don't think it would matter if they remarried; but I think that they'd have to promise to live very quiet lives if it becomes official. Sarah isn't cut out for full-time Royal life, although occasional appearances might be okay.

I can't access this article because I've used up my 10 free articles for this month.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

She is ok at royal duties, if she has Andrew with her.

He was away so much and she went off the rails; she then tried to make her own way in the world and got derailed again.

Within the confines of BRF, and wih Andrew with her, she would be ok.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Courtier

New article from the Telegraph: Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York - Telegraph
Old 08-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
already being discussed in "York Weddings" - join in!

Old 08-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Majesty

I think Sarah could handle royal life today better than she did in the late 80's and early 90's.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
already being discussed in "York Weddings" - join in!
Ha - okay, thanks!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Courtier

I always find that to me Sarah is good in small doses but if she started doing lost of engagemetns I'd worry she'd become more of a liability.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

She cannot manage "ordinary" life without Andrews help, so I cannot imagine her being able to handle the pressures of "royal" life even today. Best she finds some other man to support her, although I cannot imagine who that could possibly be.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:19 PM

It was interesting she was invited before Philips return to Balmoral, there was a purpose to this meeting, it is either one of the girls about to become engaged or maybe andrew and sarah themselves. It is also the point that this meeting could have taken place privately within buck palace, but no it has taken place where it would be noticed and commented on within the press. A bit of groundwork going on I think.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York

Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York
Old 08-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I always felt that that would happen even though I personally think he should kick her to the curb. She is a leech!
Old 08-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Courtier

If Andrew and Sarah actually do remarry and that is why she was invited to Balmoral ( For talks of Reconciliations) then good for then if they are in love and have work on all their problems and have put everything that happened in the pass behind them. Obviously something is going on as Sarah was invited to Balmoral and announcement could be coming soon but it could just be Beatrice is engage.

But as some have said on here and old thread I can't really see Andrew and Sarah remarrying, at least not anytime soon. If they do ever remarry it will not be during this current reign and it will mist likely be During Prince Charles Reign if they ever remarry that is if (the Future King) Charles accept Sarah back into the Royal Family doing Royals Duties.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
If Andrew and Sarah actually do remarry and that is why she was invited to Balmoral ( For talks of Reconciliations) then good for then if they are in love and have work on all their problems and have put everything that happened in the pass behind them. Obviously something is going on as Sarah was invited to Balmoral and announcement could be coming soon but it could just be Beatrice is engage.

But as some have said on here and old thread I can't really see Andrew and Sarah remarrying, at least not anytime soon. If they do ever remarry it will not be during this current reign and it will mist likely be During Prince Charles Reign if they ever remarry that is if (the Future King) Charles accept Sarah back into the Royal Family doing Royals Duties.
There are choices here

Remarry with royal consent and A&S do royal duties
Remarry with royal consent and only Andrew does royal duties
Remarry without royal consent - Andrew drops out of public life

Frankly, I am tired of the idea that royal wives get half a deal. I'm not happy that Camilla is Duchess of Cornwall and not Princess of Wales (and she definitely should be Queen) and I'd be fed up if Andrew wants to remarry Sarah and she doesn't get royal duties (ie barred from such).

It would be pathetic.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
It is not the first time she has been to Balmoral since the end of her marriage to Andrew so the visit may have had no hidden or secret meaning.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^
It is not the first time she has been to Balmoral since the end of her marriage to Andrew so the visit may have had no hidden or secret meaning.
I think the big difference this time is that Sarah actually stayed at the main castle whereas before she stayed in residences on the Balmoral ground.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Courtier

If this is t be true, I would expect a quiet under the radar wedding... Sooner than later ( maybe over the holidays). Something akin to Anne's second wedding. It won't be about the wedding, it will be about the York family. Putting forth a united family. The timing is perfect after the jubilee celebrations, just settling into this nice family unit for the next royal wedding probably to be announced next year. The royal family has learned a lot in the last 20 years about timing and planning. Andrew has been working on his pr very deliberately this past year .. Launching his website, the princesses dipping making appearances ( garden parties, etc). Obviously with the support of his mother. If he wants to reconcile publicly with Sarah, he is setting it up nicely.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
I always felt that that would happen even though I personally think he should kick her to the curb. She is a leech!

True, but she can't use him unless he permits it, and he's really been something of a doormat (at least where Fergie is concerned).
If they remarry, he'll deserve what he gets.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
True, but she can't use him unless he permits it, and he's really been something of a doormat (at least where Fergie is concerned).
This and Michelleqmpost are v harsh. We all can learn from our mistakes. Sarah and Andrew have brought their girls up v well.

So many people in the world hope for a 2nd chance - why not these 2?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Courtier

Andrew never remarried l and remained loyal to Sarah through many nasty headlines and circumstances. Perhaps it is LOVE?! And, if it is, so be it and I hope they will be very happy together.

As for the story in The Telegraph --- as a PR professional, I think it's the Palace floating a trial balloon to get a gauge on public opinion regarding a remarriage. I do think it will take place and I think it will take place BEFORE the DOE passes, not after.

Regardless of opinions regarding Sarah's behavior, she and Andrew have been incredible parents and have raised two fine young women. In the end -- that's the only measure that counts!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
My goodness you and michelleq are hard!

Yes, Fergie has made some blunders, but we all make mistakes and most of us have the good fortune to be able to keep ours relatively secret. I can think of a number of things I've done that I would certainly not want to have published on the front page of newspapers all over the world. Sarah seems a likeable and warm-hearted woman to me, and she and Andrew have raised two wonderful young women who seem to adore both of them.

If Sarah and Andrew want to remarry I wish them great happiness.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york