The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Majesty

Actually in Australia you are able to take leave after less than 12 months - at a pro-rata rate - and at the boss's discretion.

The UK has 6 weeks annual holiday - not 4 like we have - or anywhere else.

The ski trip was the regular annual week and could easily have been agreed to before she started working.

The other trips to the south of France were weekends.

Until Ascot week the only times she wasn't available for work was the ski week and the two day trip to Germany which was on behalf of the government - and for which she had to use two days of her leave.

She is a wealthy young lady who has a good degree, done further study, got some work experience and is now looking for another job.

Of course there will always be those who see that much as an example of her being lazy and not being interested in a career - while others choose to see it for what it is - a young person who, like many other young people in the world today will have a number of jobs and career changes in their lifetimes.

She doesn't need to work financially so if she doesn't like the job then she can afford to leave it and try something or somewhere else.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
And that means she can't have another job?
She can, but will she?

Time will tell. But it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that she is busy planning a wedding and won't take another job until after that (if ever).
And who leaves a job before having another lined up?

It is really up to Beatrice whether she works or not; she is fortunate in that she can afford not to. I just don't see the point in saying she is focusing on her career when it's obvious that she isn't.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Majesty

We really don't know what Beatrice is doing at the moment. Beatrice is young and can take some time to figure out what she will do. She could be interested in another job or thinking about another career path. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duchess Fergie was exceptionally invited in Balmoral (when Prince Philip was not ) to discuss with HM the Queen about the future engagement of Princess Beatrix.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Presumably, DoE will attend his grand children's wedding; as, Presumably, their mother will. Phillip will just have to man up, IMHO, or have some 'unfortunately timed poor health' and not go.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Can someone explain the history between Philip and Sarah a little more? I understand he doesn't like her which I can understand.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Duchess Fergie was exceptionally invited in Balmoral (when Prince Philip was not ) to discuss with HM the Queen about the future engagement of Princess Beatrix.
That has not been confirmed, just speculation.

As for the comments about, who leaves job without another one to go to..... 1000's of people!

It could have been an internship - so time limited; she may have needed certain grades and didn't get them; she may have hated it.

Job hunting in August in the city is a waste of time. September onwards.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

If my dad had as much money has Bea's dad; I wouldn't work either. why does everyone feel a woman has to have a career? Kate and now Bea...
Old 08-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
If my dad had as much money has Bea's dad; I wouldn't work either. why does everyone feel a woman has to have a career? Kate and now Bea...
Frankly, and no offence personally, IMO that's an awful attitude to life. I think anyone woman or man should have some form of career, long term job in their lifetime and not live off their parents.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Commoner

Oh my GOSH! WHY would a woman NOT want to make her own money and be responsible for herself? A woman that lives off (mooches) off another is just pathetic. No one HAS to have a career, but why would they not WANT to do something to earn their own keep? At least until they win the lottery or invent a life changing gadgent that makes them gazillions. Not being indebted to another is the most awesome feeling in the world. And any Royal born Princess out there that does so is A #1 in my book. I may not be rich, but I owe no one and I have nothing but I am HAPPY. xoxo
Old 08-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

Beatrice has more than likely inherited enough money to be independently wealthy if she's careful and makes good financial choices. Not everyone needs a career, and a ton of people find no personal fulfillment in what they do for a living.

It's fine if she wants to work for a few years and then focus on charitable activities. It really comes down to what will make her happy
Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We really don't know what is going through Beatrice's mind right now or what she feels it takes to make her life a happy one and fulfilled. I don't think its solely earning a paycheck that makes a woman successful and able to be independent but I do think for the majority of women, it is what it takes in today's world.

Perhaps she is seeking out different employment. Perhaps she's looking to be a homemaker and raise her children while working with charities and patronages that mean something to her. Perhaps her life's ambition is to scale Mt. Everest. We really don't know. She is just fortunate in that she has her own financial freedom to allow her to explore and find out just what her niche in life is.

One thing I do know is that a lot of us would love/have loved to have the opportunities that she does.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Frankly, and no offence personally, IMO that's an awful attitude to life. I think anyone woman or man should have some form of career, long term job in their lifetime and not live off their parents.
I just want a person to live for a purpose in their present life. (That doesn't mean you have to make money, or a 9 to 5 job or live off your parents.)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I have a job, I do earn a paycheck, however it is not a career. I have a career at home raising my children. are you saying that is not self respecting?
Old 08-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is all very nice. But none of the queens children earn a living. Don't tell me about the Duchy of Cornwall. It was given to Charles, he didn't earn it, apply and try to get it. They all live off the "queen's dole", so to speak. Yes, in other royal families, today, they actually have real jobs. The late Prince Friso worked for Goldman Sachs. Prince Constantine of the Netherlands has a job in Brussels. Those are "real jobs". No that they needed them or could get fired.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
This is all very nice. But none of the queens children earn a living. Don't tell me about the Duchy of Cornwall. It was given to Charles, he didn't earn it, apply and try to get it. They all live off the "queen's dole", so to speak. Yes, in other royal families, today, they actually have real jobs. The late Prince Friso worked for Goldman Sachs. Prince Constantine of the Netherlands has a job in Brussels. Those are "real jobs". No that they needed them or could get fired.
You sure never have posted anything positive or have you?
Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
I am afraid you will have to learn to accept that different monarchies have different traditions regarding the non regnant, non heir, members of their royal families and what they expect of them in terms of supporting the monarch and representing the nation.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post

I have a job, I do earn a paycheck, however it is not a career. I have a career at home raising my children. are you saying that is not self respecting?
If you read what I said, my main point was not to live off your parents. I personally don't respect that.
I never mentioned anything about respecting careers. However personally, I wouldn't call raising a family a career, I would call it a lifestyle choice.

Back to Beatrice, if she wants to holiday all her life and live off Bank of Grandma and Dad that's her choice, however I will take any notice of her. If she chooses to join the firm, I will respect her decision because frankly opting in on such on such a life as 24/7 press intrusion would never be my cup of tea.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 1h
Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York via @Telegraph http://fw.to/YCxt4KC

Wedding with Andrew and Sarah?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Majesty

I've always have my fingers cross for those two.

Dr. Maya Angelou

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york