The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Majesty

Oh, I'm not talking about actual holiday visits. I'm talking about visits during the summer and on other regular times.

Sarah used to stay at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate during the royal Christmas holidays, so she could be close to her daughters.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Oh, I'm not talking about actual holiday visits. I'm talking about visits during the summer and on other regular times.

Sarah used to stay at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate during the royal Christmas holidays, so she could be close to her daughters.
That is the saddest thing.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Majesty

Yeah I know. I'm just glad that Sarah is at least able to Balmoral again. You never know, she may even go and pay a private visit to The Queen at Windsor. Sarah lives next door at Royal Lodge.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
According to the Daily Express (generally reliable)

It is not the first time the Duchess has stayed at the Queens estate since her 1996 divorce she was there in 2005 and 2008.

Entire article

Sarah Ferguson flies in from the cold as Queen invites her to stay | Royal | News | Daily Express

The Daily Mail says the following

While she has visited Balmoral since her divorce, it is thought to be the first time she has been invited to stay in the main castle on the Queen's estate since her marriage ended in 1996.
Yes, but the Daily Mail took the majority of their article (and photos) from the Daily Express article. If you read on, the Daily Express is the first one to mention the castle:

Quote:
It is not the first time the Duchess has stayed at the Queens estate since her 1996 divorce she was there in 2005 and 2008.

However, a royal insider revealed that on those occasions Sarah wasnt invited to stay in the main castle, unlike this time.
I don't know who the royal insider is or how accurate the information is. If it's true, it's quite something...
Old 08-13-2013, 03:47 AM
Aristocracy

I found this article today. Quite interesting, I think.
Her Majesty requests... the presence of Fergie - Telegraph
Old 08-13-2013, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

When all is said and done, and when it comes to Andrew and Sarah an awful lot has been said and done, perhaps HM will acknowledge that for all they didn't handle manage their marriage well, they have handled their divorce in a truly exemplary way. They are wonderful parents and have lovely daughters and are, in short, a really terrific family. And that, if nothing else, deserves a bit of recognition.

And, let's face it, 20 years is a long time to be persona non grata. It smacks of the old accusations of a very dysfunctional House of Windsor. Although the fact that Harry was holidaying with them all for Andrews birthday earlier this year seems to show that the kids don't observe the "rules".
Old 08-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
When all is said and done,
I'm sure that's an ABBA song
Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Although the fact that Harry was holidaying with them all for Andrews birthday earlier this year seems to show that the kids don't observe the "rules".

It shows that Harry doesn't, but I'm not so sure about the others.

And in Harry's case, if he is dating Cressida Bonas and she is Eugenie's best friend, he may not have much choice without making things awkward and uncomfortable.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Ive never thought of Prince Philip as a forgive and forget person. But when the York girls marry, they will want Sarah to be part of it. So now would be the right time to close the door on the past, IMO.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Ive never thought of Prince Philip as a forgive and forget person. But when the York girls marry, they will want Sarah to be part of it. So now would be the right time to close the door on the past, IMO.
Yes - or at least get to the point where, when they share the same air, they politely acknowledge one another and then move on each their own with whom they choose to chat. It's only good manners after all. Successful avoidance of those who annoy one is a talent learned early and used as needed.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Aristocracy

Either way both the Queen & Andrew are in a hell of a quandary when it comes to Sarah. Both of these girls are maybe a few years from major events in their lives such as getting married & having babies of their own and most women want their mother to be apart of that. I know my mother's presence way vital to me at those times in my life. She should not be excluded and honestly when these major events occur Phillip should remember his granddaughter's feelings and sit down and shut his mouth and smile for the camera. The main thing is it needs to be made clear to Sarah that this is not leg up so to speak. Don't try and milk for all it's worth. If she is apart of these events publically and not try to capitalize on them given all that has happened that the true mark of a mother. Just my thought's
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Majesty

I think the media is making Prince Philip look like a very cold person here. I really don't think he would be disrespectful of Sarah and treat her badly, especially with his granddaughters around. I think he may not like past events but I'm sure when he's in Sarah's company, he's kind and respectful.

I really don't think will be any problems when the girls get married, have children or whatever. I don't think the other family members would be cold to Sarah either. They don't forget past events but I really don't think they are that cold either.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Nobility

Richard Kay is also reporting that Beatrice has left her job in finance.
The Yorks are currently on holiday in Sotogrande. Eugenie is heading to New York in the autumn.

Busy Bea's summer of non-stop fun: Princess Beatrice quietly left finance job and has spent weeks enjoying on holiday | Mail Online
Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Richard Kay is also reporting that Beatrice has left her job in finance.
The Yorks are currently on holiday in Sotogrande. Eugenie is heading to New York in the autumn.

Busy Bea's summer of non-stop fun: Princess Beatrice quietly left finance job and has spent weeks enjoying on holiday | Mail Online

It said that she plans to find another (job in finance) but I have the feeling that when the Queen returns from Balmoral, there'll be an announcement of Beatrice's engagement.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

It said that she plans to find another (job in finance) but I have the feeling that when the Queen returns from Balmoral, there'll be an announcement of Beatrice's engagement.
And that means she can't have another job?
Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Courtier

Beatrice wasn't there for a year even and this doesn't look good on a resume. She must be really looking hard for a job while laying around on a beach the last few weeks. If she really wanted a job she would be in London not on a extended holiday. Maybe she is planning on getting engaged and planning the wedding will be her full time job. Sorry I don't buy Beatrice is serious about any sort of real career not with all the holidays she has continued to have. Now we find out the name off where she worked too. I'm kind of wondering if she jumped or was she pushed.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Commoner

I would be so disappointed if she were one of "those" girls that had a job just long enough to snag a man and then quit when she finds one. I am really gonna hold out hope that this is not the case . I love to see young women that work and enjoy work and not be inebted to anyone. Well, you know what I mean. LOL!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Beatrice wasn't there for a year even and this doesn't look good on a resume. She must be really looking hard for a job while laying around on a beach the last few weeks. If she really wanted a job she would be in London not on a extended holiday. Maybe she is planning on getting engaged and planning the wedding will be her full time job. Sorry I don't buy Beatrice is serious about any sort of real career not with all the holidays she has continued to have.
Or maybe she was at her job the amount of time she was supposed to be at the job?
You don't seem to understand that it's summer and people take holidays in summer. The Queen is taking one at the meeting. It's quite hard to look for a job in the finance industry when the bosses are also on holiday.

I feel sorry for you that you can look at Beatrice and think she's the full time slacker, it's a real shame.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:39 AM
Majesty

Many of the listed 'holidays' were actually weekends so not holidays at all.

She is currently on holiday in an industry that is in 'holiday mode' at the moment and there are reports that she is at the 'interview' stage for a new job.

It sounds to me like a job where there is a set period of contract for experience and then you move onto another job to add to your experience in 9 month or yearly periods until you have enough experience across the industry where you can be appointed to a year round job. I don't know if this is the case with the finance industry in the UK but I suppose it is plausible.

August is very definitely 'holiday' season across Europe with many many people taking the entire month off every year. I also believe that in the UK 6 weeks leave is normal so it makes sense that she is taking some time out and will start a new job possibly in September or October in the same or similar field.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:17 AM
Courtier

I don't know maybe it's because all of the articles talk about it being a fulltime job and that she had to sit a test in October to do it normally a contract runs 6 or 12 months not 8. Secondly you don't get 6 weeks holiday working somewhere less then 1 year even here in Oz the most is 4 weeks AFTER 12 months of actual working. And the ski trip and a few others were longer then a weekend it was a week here and a week there. I feel sorry that some are so blinded by wanting to see such perfection they can't admit when something isn't true. Beatrice LEFT the job it never said her contract ended it has been said she RESIGNED. Just in time for summer holidays which is funny cause last Summer she made sure she got her holidays in then too. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...time will tell but so far Beatrice has shown she really likes her holidays her career not so much.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york