The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-29-2013, 04:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Sarah cannot leave those girls alone can she. Shame.
They are her daughters; why is it a "shame" they attend the same events? I would imagine that it was an invitation-only function and that she didn't just "crash" it.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:35 AM
Majesty

The idea that Sarah may have been invited for herself seems to elude some people.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
They are her daughters; why is it a "shame" they attend the same events? I would imagine that it was an invitation-only function and that she didn't just "crash" it.
Never said she did "crash" it. It's been reported several times that they apparently have a close mother-daughter relationship, however IMO Sarah should learn when to leave alone. Accompanying her daughters and their boyfriends to club openings, nights out? That'd be embarrasing for me. Sarah should grow old gracefully and she just can't seem to be able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The idea that Sarah may have been invited for herself seems to elude some people.
Seeing as I am the only one to comment on Sarah's attendance your wording of "some people", is amusing. It hasn't eluded me at all, but a quiet night away from the camera seems impossible for Sarah to accomplish.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Never said she did "crash" it. It's been reported several times that they apparently have a close mother-daughter relationship, however IMO Sarah should learn when to leave alone. Accompanying her daughters and their boyfriends to club openings, nights out? That'd be embarrasing for me. Sarah should grow old gracefully and she just can't seem to be able to do that.

Seeing as I am the only one to comment on Sarah's attendance your wording of "some people", is amusing. It hasn't eluded me at all, but a quiet night away from the camera seems impossible for Sarah to accomplish.

This might come as a shock to you but I read other things besides RF and therefore am able to say 'some people' - that you read that as only pertaining to you says to me that you assume that I only read here rather than read widely enough to see you point of view expressed by many other people on many other forums and in papers etc.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Grow old gracefully? Why?

I seem to recall seeing Richard Branson at functions with his children. I don't think it is unusual for children to mix socially with their parents, and enjoy it. It depends on the family, and whether the members have common interests and enjoy each other's company. For all their follies and foibles, Andrew and Sarah have raised two pretty fine girls and I think the relationship they share is something to be admired, and in fact envied.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
This might come as a shock to you but I read other things besides RF and therefore am able to say 'some people' - that you read that as only pertaining to you says to me that you assume that I only read here rather than read widely enough to see you point of view expressed by many other people on many other forums and in papers etc.
Actually I assumed, as you were responding on this thread, in this forum, you were actually talking about the comments on this thread and this forum as you eluded to nothing else. How shocking of me to assume so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Grow old gracefully? Why?

I seem to recall seeing Richard Branson at functions with his children. I don't think it is unusual for children to mix socially with their parents, and enjoy it. It depends on the family, and whether the members have common interests and enjoy each other's company. For all their follies and foibles, Andrew and Sarah have raised two pretty fine girls and I think the relationship they share is something to be admired, and in fact envied.
I'm not sure how you can compare Richard Branson to Sarah Ferguson, I think the only thing I can link between them is that they were born in the UK. I have never seen Richard go clubbing with his children, have you? Considering both Sam and Holly work for the company I believe, it rather makes sense for them to be seen out together at company events despite being family.

Indeed Beatrice and Eugenie seemed to have turned out "just fine", whether that comes down to parenting is a matter we shall never know. I certainly don't envy Beatrice and Eugenie for having a mother like Sarah or Airmiles Andy for a father, but that has more to do with Andrew and Sarah than Beatrice and Eugenie.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Majesty

I don't think there's anything wrong with Sarah and the girls out together and enjoying themselves. I think they know that it may look strange to others but I really don't think they care about what others think.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy

Lamutqueen: You acknowledge that Beatrice and Eugenie have "turned out fine" but then cast aspersions on their parents.

In my view, a person's parents and upbringing are almost always the primary influence in that person's life and character (perhaps especially when one is still early to mid 20s, without the time to develop in a radically different direction from parental upbringing). These formative years are when you learn the values by which you live, and no one, in my view, has a bigger role in developing these values than the parents.

I would suggest that if the York princesses are indeed honest, decent young ladies with the right attitude to life (as most people, at least on this site, would probably agree), this has to be very largely down to the parenting of Sarah and Andrew.
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Actually I assumed, as you were responding on this thread, in this forum, you were actually talking about the comments on this thread and this forum as you eluded to nothing else. How shocking of me to assume so.

As I used a plural term - people - clearly I was referring to more than a single person.

As you were the only person to whom I could be referring on this board and I didn't either refer to you, or about you directly, but used a generic term and a plural term at that, I assume that the meaning is clear - I was referring to more than one person.

To assume that we only ever refer to people on this board and to this board is a rather narrow view of the discussions I have seen here over the years.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Courtier

What were the 'girls' doing there?

It appears that most of the other attendees were closer in age to Sarah than to her daughters.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

The trio had dinner with Robbie Williams

A blue suede Robbie Williams joins Fergie, Princess Beatrice and Eugenie for dinner | Mail Online
Old 06-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie attended the 'Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live' Concert at Twickenham Stadium on June 1, 2013. Chime For Change is a global campaign for girls' and women's empowerment founded by Gucci with a founding committee comprised of Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini, Salma Hayek Pinault and Beyonce Knowles-Carter.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** gettyimages: GBR: Royal Box At "Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live" Concert **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Royal Box Arrivals At "Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live" Concert **
Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Majesty

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie miss Tamara Ecclestone’s wedding as Duke of Edinburgh recovers:
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie miss Tamara Ecclestone’s wedding as Duke of Edinburgh recovers - Telegraph

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have a night on the tiles... and mum came along too | Mail Online

Don't say that it's normal to go to friend's 21st birthday party with mum
Old 06-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post

Summed up perfectly!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Do the York girls have a protective officer when they go nightclubbing?
Old 06-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think Andrew pays for their security now, I'm not sure though. I imagine the appearance of protection officers are down to if the girls want or need them.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have a night on the tiles... and mum came along too | Mail Online

It is normal for only invited guests to attend a 21st birthday party so I assume that Sarah was invited and decided to attend.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It is normal for only invited guests to attend a 21st birthday party so I assume that Sarah was invited and decided to attend.

I don't know about that; usually when someone is said to tag along, it means they were not specifically invited but decide to go along as an afterthought.

Fergie seems very clingy.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't know about that; usually when someone is said to tag along, it means they were not specifically invited go along as an afterthought.

The DM reported it that way but that doesn't mean that is the case and it would be the height of bad manners to just turn up to a 21st birthday without an invitation.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york