The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Majesty

I agree, I think the the Yorks work very well together in supporting great causes. Sarah seems to work very hard for her patronages.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sarah seems to work very hard for her patronages.

I don't think she has patronages any more, does she?

(I know she has certain charities but are those the same as patronages?)

Old 02-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes she is - you dont have t be a member of the BRF to be a patron.

Here is the full list from Wiki. The first one is the charity mentioned in tbhe post above.

1990, The Duchess became patron of The Teenage Cancer Trust and has since opened most of the charities various units, including those at Middlesex Hospital, University College London, St James’s University Hospital, Cardiff University Hospital and Royal Marsden Hospital

1993, The Duchess founded Children in Crisis a children’s charity focused on education and grant making to international programs. The Duchess serves as Founder and Life President.

2003, The Duchess joined the American Cancer Society at a congressional briefing. Sarah, Duchess of York, was a founding supporter of The American Cancer Society’s Great American Weigh In, an annual campaign (modelled after the Society’s Great American Smoke Out) aimed at raising awareness of the link between excess weight and cancer.

2006, The Duchess established The Sarah Ferguson Foundation based in Toronto, which derives funds from Sarah's commercial work and private donations with the aim of supporting charities internationally that serve children and families in dire need. Included under this umbrella organisation is her patronage of several British charities, including Mental Disability Rights International, the Teenage Cancer Trust,[55] Tommy's, and the Motor Neurone Disease Association
2008, The Duchess became patron of Humanitas, a charity focused on providing children with education, healthcare and family support

2010, The Duchess became a supporter of The Mullany Fund, whose aim is to support UK students wishing to study medicine or physiotherapy.

2011, The Duchess became the global ambassador for Not For Sale, a charity focused on human slavery

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think she has patronages any more, does she?

(I know she has certain charities but are those the same as patronages?)
Yes, Sarah still have her patronages that she supports. She became patron of The Teenage Cancer Trust in 1990. She's Founder and Life President of Children in Crisis since 1993. Sarah is also patron of the Mental Disability Rights International and the Motor Neurone Disease Association. In 2008, Sarah became patron of Humanitas, a charity focused on providing children with education, healthcare and family support. In 2010, she became a supporter of The Mullany Fund, whose aim is to support UK students wishing to study medicine or physiotherapy and in 2011, Sarah became the global ambassadorfor Not For Sale, a charity focused on human slavery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah,_Duchess_of_York
Old 03-01-2013, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Sarah and Beatrice were pictured leaving Loulou's in London on February 28, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 AM
Aristocracy

According to The DM, Beatrice and Eugenie will today be attending the wedding of Sam Branson and Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe in South Africa.

The nearly Royal wedding: The bride turned down Wills for Branson's son. Her sister's dating Harry. And Eugenie and Bea are the couple's best pals | Mail Online
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 03-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Yes she is - you dont have t be a member of the BRF to be a patron.

Here is the full list from Wiki. The first one is the charity mentioned in tbhe post above.

1990, The Duchess became patron of The Teenage Cancer Trust and has since opened most of the charities various units, including those at Middlesex Hospital, University College London, St James’s University Hospital, Cardiff University Hospital and Royal Marsden Hospital

1993, The Duchess founded Children in Crisis a children’s charity focused on education and grant making to international programs. The Duchess serves as Founder and Life President.

2003, The Duchess joined the American Cancer Society at a congressional briefing. Sarah, Duchess of York, was a founding supporter of The American Cancer Society’s Great American Weigh In, an annual campaign (modelled after the Society’s Great American Smoke Out) aimed at raising awareness of the link between excess weight and cancer.

2006, The Duchess established The Sarah Ferguson Foundation based in Toronto, which derives funds from Sarah's commercial work and private donations with the aim of supporting charities internationally that serve children and families in dire need. Included under this umbrella organisation is her patronage of several British charities, including Mental Disability Rights International, the Teenage Cancer Trust,[55] Tommy's, and the Motor Neurone Disease Association
2008, The Duchess became patron of Humanitas, a charity focused on providing children with education, healthcare and family support

2010, The Duchess became a supporter of The Mullany Fund, whose aim is to support UK students wishing to study medicine or physiotherapy.

2011, The Duchess became the global ambassador for Not For Sale, a charity focused on human slavery
While I certainly appreciate your info, and Sarah's patronages, may I strongly object to your referring Sarah as "The Duchess".
She is not "The Duchess" anymore, since the year she came out of BRF (divorced).
"Duchess of York" is just her style, in simple words, a surname since doesnt have one (a marital one). It is not a title she enjoys anymore..
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Administrator

For goodness sake.

We know she isn't The Duchess anymore, it looks like the information was taken directly from Wikipedia, so whomever provided the information to Wikipedia used the Big T instead of the little T. And cepe copied and pasted the information to answer a question on what patronages Sarah supported in the past and those she continues to support now.

You are more than welcome to edit the information in Wikipedia, but I am afraid its a losing battle. This reminds me of the time when someone posted some pics of Sarah in a Current Events thread, and Getty Images referred to Sarah's title incorrectly, and the discussion it created at the time. All the member did was cut and paste what Getty called Sarah nothing more and nothing less, and you would think that Sarah, the member and Getty were in some super conspiracy to get Sarah's official title back!

The BRF doesn't claim her. The British press refers to her correctly, so do the people who follow royalty and understand the schematics of styles and titles.

What do you expect when the general public (or at least the press) refer to Kate Middleton, Camilla Parker Bowles and Sophie Rhys Jones instead of their correct titles?

Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Commoner

The Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, and Sarah, Duchess of York attended a Chinese New Year party hosted by Sir David Tang. Sir David Tang's Chinese New Year party - Tatler
Beatrice and Eugenie's boyfriends, Dave Clark and Jack Brooksbank, were also in attendance.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Majesty

Very nice to see them all at the party.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

Who are these people?????
Old 03-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Courtier

It seems that half of London attended -- the Tom Parker-Bowles, the Linleys, Lord Astor, the Blairs, and about a dozen of other titled sorts :)
Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tang's chinese new year party is always like that, sustav
Old 03-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
While I certainly appreciate your info, and Sarah's patronages, may I strongly object to your referring Sarah as "The Duchess".
She is not "The Duchess" anymore, since the year she came out of BRF (divorced).
"Duchess of York" is just her style, in simple words, a surname since doesnt have one (a marital one). It is not a title she enjoys anymore..
I think this us something you will have to take up with Sarah directly because when she signs her name/autograph she writes "Sarah The Duchess of York". Now whilst she ought not do so, and should omit the The when signing her name, I have no objection to her doing it and I'm a terrible stickler for following protocol.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Yup, and even in Twitter, she calls herself "Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess Of York", which is an utter disregard to the traditions and spirit of monarchy, but still she lives off selling her "once upon a royal life", and blaming "that life" for destroying her. And still she needs shelter of her ex-husband, which he himself got by virtue of being a royal. I have never seen such a hypocrite (not getting a more exact term, but its definitey far more than a hypocrite).
And Zonk, it is not just about Wiki/media/general public, she herself always calls her in some sort of "perfect combination", which will suit her both as a royal and at the same time fits well into her commercial profile.
Anyways, nothing can be done regd. this, and lets leave it to her own wisdom/conscience.
She is so damn lucky to have a wonderful ex-husband and wonderful ex-in-laws who graciously take care of her unconditionally whenever she is in trouble (and its a different thing she manipulates this kindness also into a forever-in-love-separated-by-vily-Windsors saga..)
Good for her.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Majesty

I really don't care how she sogns her name. She's Sarah, Duchess of York. I think it's okay for her to sign as Sarah The Duchess of York. She just can't sign as HRH The Duchess of York anymore. Infact, some of the royal correspondents still refer to her as The Duchess of York in their reports. I really don't think people get all wrapped up in the titles as some others do.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Courtier

It is not just "the way she signs autographs or the way media calls her".
For me it shows a lot about her sincerity and conviction and regard she shows for the principles of monarchy.
And now dont tell me she is out of monarchy now.
Technically she may be, morally she was never out of that.. Selling books, reality shows, crying on TV, in interviews, everything about her life in BRF, calling herself "The Duchess", living in a house given to her husband at a throw-away price by Crown Estate.. And still playing victim forever..
And Dman, it is not OK to sign as Sarah The Duchess of York..
Old 03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
It is not just "the way she signs autographs or the way media calls her".
For me it shows a lot about her sincerity and conviction and regard she shows for the principles of monarchy.
And now dont tell me she is out of monarchy now.
Technically she may be, morally she was never out of that.. Selling books, reality shows, crying on TV, in interviews, everything about her life in BRF, calling herself "The Duchess", living in a house given to her husband at a throw-away price by Crown Estate.. And still playing victim forever..
And Dman, it is not OK to sign as Sarah The Duchess of York..
Well, I don't any of that is a big deal as others may make it out to be. My guess is The Queen is okay with how things are. I don't consider their private living arrangements my business anyway.

Sarah, has her own journey to go through. From what I see, she's got a lot of love around her and she gives the love right back.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like Sarah and you'll often see me defending her, but I'm a stickler for detail and I don't think there's any excuse for her including "The" in her signature or when describing herself. She should know the correct form and she should adhere to it. She'd be criticised less if she did.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Majesty

She knows the correct title form and I think the way she sign things is approved.

Sarah gets criticised for breathing, so a change in her signatures won't stop it.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york