The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But it's impossible to get away from her.

If she would keep her distance when her daughters attend public events, it would be fine.
But many people perceive Fergie as clinging to her girls like a limpet, using them to attempt to wedge her way back into the RF (many of which loathe her and want nothing to do with her). I think it's a bit odd myself- how many fifty-something women go clubbing with their twenty-something daughters?

You can't tell me this doesn't impact on the York girls. It may be unfair, but it's the way of the world. (Harry is said to be close to his cousins, but when he was at the same Olympic event when they were there with Fergie, he was careful not to even acknowledge them).

Unfair? Maybe, but there it is!
me and my mother, we really enjoy each others company. she would actually like going to the same clubs that i liked going to. some days we would invite her friends to come with us, some days we would invite my friends to come with us. this stopped when i started having kids. my drinking buddy was also my babysitter. so it didnt work out to well. :)

the point of the story is...there are always 2 ways of looking at a picture. maybe the girls are going out with her. and Sarah just happens to enjoys the same clubs.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There's a time and a place however. Sarah might enjoy the same clubs or restaurants as her daughters, but that doesn't mean she has to be their at the same time her daughters are.
I can imagine the situation, Beatrice and Eugenie are planning on going out with their boyfriends, Sarah overhears and casually invites herself because who would say no to their own mother? Sarah should know her place, as a mother, but she doesn't.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:57 AM
Courtier

Did you and your mother walk around holding hands? Cause there are many pictures of Sarah still holding hands and it looks ridiculous for a 50 plus year old women holding hand of her twenty something daughters. Beatrice and Eugenie will need to be very careful a single foot wrong, silly outfit or reports of someone other then Andrew paying there way and the press will pounce and they will show even less mercy. This isn't a royal engagement it has nothing to do with BP or the Queen the Government for some bizarre reason asked them. I believe Andrew is behind it 2 young women just out of Uni with no economics degrees better known for their fashion and partying and a little charity work wouldn't be on the top of a lot of peoples list for this sort of role. Part of this is a reception with a discussion on economic issues as said in the report not too sure how either of these girls are going to do that neither studied it and Beatrice only started her job a couple of months ago. I wonder who will be helping them with everything? Andrews office or the government? People keep asking how will the RF cope with fewer people it makes sense that they will cut back on charities etc or find new ways to lend support. We may not know of Charles's plan until he takes the throne but it isn't a secret he wants a slim downed monarchy the palace and insiders have been saying so for years. It will be interesting to see how Germany react the thing about these sorts of things it's always hard to work out if it's successful or not.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
This isn't a royal engagement it has nothing to do with BP or the Queen the Government for some bizarre reason asked them. I believe Andrew is behind it 2 young women just out of Uni with no economics degrees better known for their fashion and partying and a little charity work wouldn't be on the top of a lot of peoples list for this sort of role.
Perhaps the Government has chosen them to represent Great Britain abroad, and to bring attention to the country. Makes perfect sense to me, Henry was used in pretty much the same way last year. I don't believe the girls are known for their fashion, they simple wear clothes, their outfits are talked about in the press because that is what they prefer to discuss instead of the event going on behind. Catherine's fashion is the first thing mentioned when she attends an event, it's not like it's exclusive to the York Girls.

Partying is a different matter, they go out like pretty much every 20 year old university students do. Look and Henry and William when they were in their twenties, hardly watch movie types on a saturday night.

"Little Charity Work" - Beatrice climbed Mont Blanc in support of her charity Big Change Charitable Trust. She ran the London Marathon in supprt of Children in Crisis, she's done events in support of The Teenage Cancer Trust and Springboard for Children. All whilst studying and completeing a degree in History and History of Ideas in which she recieved a 2:1 a fantastic achievement for anyone, and even greater for someone who suffers from dyslexia.

Eugenie, who by the way has just finished a 3 year university and achieveing a 2:1 like her sister has often done engagements with her sister in support of The Teenage Cancer Trust, and she began patron of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital redevelopment appeal in April 2012. The hospital that treated her for scoliosis.

Quote:
Part of this is a reception with a discussion on economic issues as said in the report not too sure how either of these girls are going to do that neither studied it and Beatrice only started her job a couple of months ago.
I have seen nothing about an economic discussion, could you point out an article for that?

Quote:
but it isn't a secret he wants a slim downed monarchy the palace and insiders have been saying so for years.
Because insiders know everything, we don't know what Charles actually wants and he's hardly going to tell us the truth. Cutting back on charities and engagements is going to annoy and hurt a lot of people and continue the crys of "taxpayers money".
Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thinks that beatrice and eugenie can stand the christmas with her mother if they want do. a couple years in the last it was imposible but now I think they can do it.
the girls would be royals their all lifes, some thing can changes when charles become in king, but the girls always will be royals and I think hat is great to the girls star to works to the firm, official or not. an d sarah always be their mother. I personally love sarah, I know her in person and is a very loverly lady, the firm have troubles with sarah not with the girls
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They've arrived in Berlin.

https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...00707836149762
Old 01-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It's a mini adventure for princesses Beatrice and Eugenie as they drive a car emblazoned with the Union Jack around Berlin to celebrate the best of British
Quote:
They are not usually considered the most stylish members of the Royal Family, but today princesses Beatrice and Eugenie looked elegant and on-trend as they arrived at the Berlin British school, the first stop on a whistle stop tour of the city that will include a visit to a high profile Berlin fashion fair. The sisters are acting as ambassadors to Britain in their first joint overseas engagement. They have travelled to Germany for a two-day tour promoting the UK as part of the Great Campaign - a global initiative to attract visitors, business and students to the UK.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
There's a time and a place however. Sarah might enjoy the same clubs or restaurants as her daughters, but that doesn't mean she has to be their at the same time her daughters are.
I can imagine the situation, Beatrice and Eugenie are planning on going out with their boyfriends, Sarah overhears and casually invites herself because who would say no to their own mother? Sarah should know her place, as a mother, but she doesn't.
It seems more likely that Sarah, Beatrice & Eugenie have their own girls night out and enjoy having a good time with their mum. I can see how it may look weird to everyone else to have a woman in her 50's hanging out with young girls in their 20's but I really don't think they care how it looks to everybody else.

Andrew very often join his daughters out on the town and I really don't see anyone complain about that. I just think they make sure they have their family time and don't mind the age difference
Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Did you and your mother walk around holding hands? Cause there are many pictures of Sarah still holding hands and it looks ridiculous for a 50 plus year old women holding hand of her twenty something daughters. Beatrice and Eugenie will need to be very careful a single foot wrong, silly outfit or reports of someone other then Andrew paying there way and the press will pounce and they will show even less mercy. This isn't a royal engagement it has nothing to do with BP or the Queen the Government for some bizarre reason asked them. I believe Andrew is behind it 2 young women just out of Uni with no economics degrees better known for their fashion and partying and a little charity work wouldn't be on the top of a lot of peoples list for this sort of role. Part of this is a reception with a discussion on economic issues as said in the report not too sure how either of these girls are going to do that neither studied it and Beatrice only started her job a couple of months ago. I wonder who will be helping them with everything? Andrews office or the government? People keep asking how will the RF cope with fewer people it makes sense that they will cut back on charities etc or find new ways to lend support. We may not know of Charles's plan until he takes the throne but it isn't a secret he wants a slim downed monarchy the palace and insiders have been saying so for years. It will be interesting to see how Germany react the thing about these sorts of things it's always hard to work out if it's successful or not.
The Yorks are not the only people that hold hands when out and about. I've seen Catherine & Pippa do the samething when out and about. The same goes for Chelsy and her friends and others. It seems like it's a way to show unity or possibly help each other through the the photographers that's ahead of them.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Majesty

I don't see the point of the DM bringing up Princess Beatrice's wedding hat. That's so 2011.

Very Nice Pictures of Princess Eugenie:
http://the-british-royal-family.tumb...-pupils-at-the

I think the castle opening will be broadcasted Live on Germany's NDR at 16:10 (CET)
Links:
http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/livestream217.html

http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=8784
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't see the point of the DM bringing up Princess Beatrice's wedding hat. That's so 2011.

Very Nice Pictures of Princess Eugenie:
About the British Royals, Princess Eugenie of York speaks to pupils at the...
For all of us, some things we do follow us around for life. It may not be fair - but it is true.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
For all of us, some things we do follow us around for life. It may not be fair - but it is true.
Yeah, but I think the DM is just doing that to get the colorful comments.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Eugenie is to drive the mini through the Brandenburg Gate.

http://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/stat...966144/photo/1
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Majesty

Princess #Beatrice makes speech encouraging German-British business partnerships:
Twitter / SkyNewsRoyal: #royal #GREAT Britain event: ...

I would love to hear Bea's speech.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Article from the Telegraph has the content of the speech.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie drive mini through Berlin streets - Telegraph

Can't help but think back on the fuss about DoC's speech - no fuss this time.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A nice large gallery with pics from today:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Princess Beatrice And Princess Eugenie Of York Launch GREAT Britain MINI Tour In Berlin **

** hellomagazine: Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie begin their drive for British trade ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** pp gallery: Beatrice et Eugenie d'York : Opération séduction à Berlin, leur première mission **
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Article from the Telegraph has the content of the speech.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie drive mini through Berlin streets - Telegraph

Can't help but think back on the fuss about DoC's speech - no fuss this time.
No, there's no fuss at all. I would like to hear it though, pehpas there will be a video.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, there's no fuss at all. I would like to hear it though, pehpas there will be a video.
There is a webpage for the GREAT campaign. IT might appear there soonish!

The GREAT campaign

Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
DM adds a video:
Eyebrows raised as Princess Eugenie drives through a stop sign on royal visit¿ but it¿s revealed police waved them through | Mail Online
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Video with speech -
Video: Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie drive a Mini through Berlin to promote Britain - Telegraph

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york