The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think it's a nice card and that they still sign it as a family.
Well, someone (female by the looks of it) certainly wrote all of their names on the card.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Well, someone (female by the looks of it) certainly wrote all of their names on the card.
Sarah has been known as a person that writes note and thank you notes to people a lot so it wouldn't surprise me if Sarah has kept up the job of sending out the family cards each year. Personally I think its great that there is such a sense of family unity even with the parents being divorced.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

Bea and Eug, are very beautiful girls.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 AM
Majesty

An old picture of The Duke & Duchess of York:
brighten my day - funny! / Duke and Duchess of York... too good not to post!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman
Ha! That's fantastic. I think they really did love each other. No wonder they're still friendly.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I came across this pic of the festive card the York's sent out this year.
Very nicely done.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Alliebrid...4967826434?p=v
Alison, you're crossed off the York's Christmas card list
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Thanks for posting such a lovely picture. Sarah looks so innocent.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There's no joint thread for the girls and they're both doing an event so I thought I'd post it here. The girls will be in Berlin on Thursday, driving a Great Britain-branded Mini through the city. They'll also be attending some fashion and technology events to promote GB.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
There's no joint thread for the girls and they're both doing an event so I thought I'd post it here. The girls will be in Berlin on Thursday, driving a Great Britain-branded Mini through the city. They'll also be attending some fashion and technology events to promote GB.
They will also visit Hannover on Friday and attend among others the opening of the rebuild Herrenhausen Castle.
Hut ab für Hannovers Schloss! Aus der Stadt Hannover / HAZ - Hannoversche Allgemeine

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
They will also visit Hannover on Friday and attend among others the opening of the rebuild Herrenhausen Castle.
Hut ab für Hannovers Schloss! Aus der Stadt Hannover / HAZ - Hannoversche Allgemeine

So happy that Beatrice and Eugenie will be representing their country. Official event or not ... who cares! What matters is that they have been asked and have accepted the invitation.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It's really lovely to see Beatrice and Eugenie at work. Hope their engagements will get some coverage in the UK.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to go on first overseas engagement | Royal | | Daily Express

This is an article from the Daily Express. You will read that they are very clear about the distribution of costs.

Although here on the Forums this is being greeted positively, there will be some negative comments about costs, particularly security.

Richard Palmer, who wrote the article, has already had some negative comments on his Twitter account (@Royal Reporter) which he has dealt with promptly. IT will be interesting to see how the rest of the UK press handle this.

I think it is interesting that politicians have requested this and, presumably, HMQ has approved.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They were asked to go on the trip by David Cameron, and the foreign office have mentioned that this might be the start of future engagements for the pair.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Courtier

How dare they promote the UK. (sarcasm)
Old 01-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They were asked to go on the trip by David Cameron, and the foreign office have mentioned that this might be the start of future engagements for the pair.
Where did you read about the possibility of further engagements?

Slightly off topic but this is a coincidence as we have been discussing how the smaller BRF would have problems coping with demand

Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Where did you read about the possibility of further engagements?

Slightly off topic but this is a coincidence as we have been discussing how the smaller BRF would have problems coping with demand
Rebecca English tweeted and I imagine it's in her DM article.

"@RE_DailyMail: Foreign Office tell me Princesses Beatrice&Eugenie now ready to conduct more public engagements.Interesting development http://t.co/HyP1BMCI"
Old 01-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

2 other articles from Telegraph and Times. General statements apart from the link to following in their father's footstep and reference to "Airmiles Andy". So before they even do anything, these 2 papers not being positive.

Beatrice and Eugenie promote Britain in a Mini | The Times

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to work as UK trade ambassadors - Telegraph

This headline is interesting as it infers an on-going role but BP have said not a full time royal role.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Majesty

I think it's great that Beatrice & Eugenie will do these engagements. They may not be official fulltime royals but I have expected them to do some engagements. I think they have learened the ropes from their parents and grandparents.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 AM
Courtier

I thought Beatrice had started a full time job in October? Between Christmas her annual ski holiday with the family and now this it is an awful lot of time off for someone who has just started work. Normally you need to work a year before you get any leave. I'm sure the other workers will be thrilled cause someone is doing her job while she is away. And this is not a Royal engagement it sounds like something Prince Andrew has pushed for I just don't think they are really top on Number 10's list of who to send on a Trade mission. If they aren't careful this is so going to backfire. I don't think this is a good idea at all it seem more like Prince Andrew pushing to get his daughters into Royal Duties he is even paying for it himself which kind of makes you wonder since according the report Number 10 asked them to do it. Sorry I dont think this is a very good idea on Prince Andrews part.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's not Andrew's idea Beatrice and Eugenie were asked to go by our PM David Cameron. As for holiday, I can't remember her job but most people I know got two weeks holiday over Christmas and some didn't go back to work until the 7th January. This visit is a two day thing, I doubt her boss will have issue with two day off. As for the cost, who else is supposed to pick up the bill? It's not a royal engagement, and the government can't pay.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york