York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these people nuts or what???? :eek:

From what I read (totally ignoring the snarkiness), the party sounds like it was a good time and a lot of fun for people dressing up.

A party I would've loved to attend. I like the creativity of this party.

It just seems like they attended a costume type party. No big deal.

A party I would've loved to attend. I like the creativity of this party.

I do too! It seems like the wedding party in Africa was an African themed party so it makes sense that the party in the UK was themed to the lore of the woods it was held in. From what I read, a lot of the same things happened as at the original wedding party.

Kind of nice to perhaps host a similar party in the UK for those friends and family that perhaps didn't get to attend the African one.

Yep. Looks like a fun dress-up party to me, with a local folk-lore theme. I love the girls' outfits. And does Dave ever not smile widely? :lol:

It does sound like a lot of fun, and nice to see such creative costumes. I think everyone looks great in that pic.

One thing it mentions in the article is that Eugenie is working in art auctioning. Does anyone know if this is an internship or a permanent job, or any other details on it?
It seems like a good area for her to go into. She is clearly very interested in art, and part of her degree was in History of Art.

Sarah cannot leave those girls alone can she. Shame.

Sarah cannot leave those girls alone can she. Shame.

They are her daughters; why is it a "shame" they attend the same events? I would imagine that it was an invitation-only function and that she didn't just "crash" it.

The idea that Sarah may have been invited for herself seems to elude some people.

They are her daughters; why is it a "shame" they attend the same events? I would imagine that it was an invitation-only function and that she didn't just "crash" it.

Never said she did "crash" it. It's been reported several times that they apparently have a close mother-daughter relationship, however IMO Sarah should learn when to leave alone. Accompanying her daughters and their boyfriends to club openings, nights out? That'd be embarrasing for me. Sarah should grow old gracefully and she just can't seem to be able to do that.

The idea that Sarah may have been invited for herself seems to elude some people.

Seeing as I am the only one to comment on Sarah's attendance your wording of "some people", is amusing. It hasn't eluded me at all, but a quiet night away from the camera seems impossible for Sarah to accomplish.

Never said she did "crash" it. It's been reported several times that they apparently have a close mother-daughter relationship, however IMO Sarah should learn when to leave alone. Accompanying her daughters and their boyfriends to club openings, nights out? That'd be embarrasing for me. Sarah should grow old gracefully and she just can't seem to be able to do that.

Seeing as I am the only one to comment on Sarah's attendance your wording of "some people", is amusing. It hasn't eluded me at all, but a quiet night away from the camera seems impossible for Sarah to accomplish.

This might come as a shock to you but I read other things besides RF and therefore am able to say 'some people' - that you read that as only pertaining to you says to me that you assume that I only read here rather than read widely enough to see you point of view expressed by many other people on many other forums and in papers etc.

Grow old gracefully? Why? :lol:

I seem to recall seeing Richard Branson at functions with his children. I don't think it is unusual for children to mix socially with their parents, and enjoy it. It depends on the family, and whether the members have common interests and enjoy each other's company. For all their follies and foibles, Andrew and Sarah have raised two pretty fine girls and I think the relationship they share is something to be admired, and in fact envied.

This might come as a shock to you but I read other things besides RF and therefore am able to say 'some people' - that you read that as only pertaining to you says to me that you assume that I only read here rather than read widely enough to see you point of view expressed by many other people on many other forums and in papers etc.

Actually I assumed, as you were responding on this thread, in this forum, you were actually talking about the comments on this thread and this forum as you eluded to nothing else. How shocking of me to assume so.

Grow old gracefully? Why? :lol:

I seem to recall seeing Richard Branson at functions with his children. I don't think it is unusual for children to mix socially with their parents, and enjoy it. It depends on the family, and whether the members have common interests and enjoy each other's company. For all their follies and foibles, Andrew and Sarah have raised two pretty fine girls and I think the relationship they share is something to be admired, and in fact envied.

I'm not sure how you can compare Richard Branson to Sarah Ferguson, I think the only thing I can link between them is that they were born in the UK. I have never seen Richard go clubbing with his children, have you? Considering both Sam and Holly work for the company I believe, it rather makes sense for them to be seen out together at company events despite being family.

Indeed Beatrice and Eugenie seemed to have turned out "just fine", whether that comes down to parenting is a matter we shall never know. I certainly don't envy Beatrice and Eugenie for having a mother like Sarah or Airmiles Andy for a father, but that has more to do with Andrew and Sarah than Beatrice and Eugenie.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Sarah and the girls out together and enjoying themselves. I think they know that it may look strange to others but I really don't think they care about what others think.

Lamutqueen: You acknowledge that Beatrice and Eugenie have "turned out fine" but then cast aspersions on their parents.

In my view, a person's parents and upbringing are almost always the primary influence in that person's life and character (perhaps especially when one is still early to mid 20s, without the time to develop in a radically different direction from parental upbringing). These formative years are when you learn the values by which you live, and no one, in my view, has a bigger role in developing these values than the parents.

I would suggest that if the York princesses are indeed honest, decent young ladies with the right attitude to life (as most people, at least on this site, would probably agree), this has to be very largely down to the parenting of Sarah and Andrew.

Actually I assumed, as you were responding on this thread, in this forum, you were actually talking about the comments on this thread and this forum as you eluded to nothing else. How shocking of me to assume so.

As I used a plural term - people - clearly I was referring to more than a single person.

As you were the only person to whom I could be referring on this board and I didn't either refer to you, or about you directly, but used a generic term and a plural term at that, I assume that the meaning is clear - I was referring to more than one person.

To assume that we only ever refer to people on this board and to this board is a rather narrow view of the discussions I have seen here over the years.

What were the 'girls' doing there?

It appears that most of the other attendees were closer in age to Sarah than to her daughters.

Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie attended the 'Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live' Concert at Twickenham Stadium on June 1, 2013. Chime For Change is a global campaign for girls' and women's empowerment founded by Gucci with a founding committee comprised of Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini, Salma Hayek Pinault and Beyonce Knowles-Carter.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** gettyimages: GBR: Royal Box At "Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live" Concert **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Royal Box Arrivals At "Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live" Concert **

Do the York girls have a protective officer when they go nightclubbing?

I think Andrew pays for their security now, I'm not sure though. I imagine the appearance of protection officers are down to if the girls want or need them.

It is normal for only invited guests to attend a 21st birthday party so I assume that Sarah was invited and decided to attend.

I don't know about that; usually when someone is said to tag along, it means they were not specifically invited but decide to go along as an afterthought.

Fergie seems very clingy.

Last edited:
I don't know about that; usually when someone is said to tag along, it means they were not specifically invited go along as an afterthought.

The DM reported it that way but that doesn't mean that is the case and it would be the height of bad manners to just turn up to a 21st birthday without an invitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom