York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that half of London attended -- the Tom Parker-Bowles, the Linleys, Lord Astor, the Blairs, and about a dozen of other titled sorts :)

Tang's chinese new year party is always like that, sustav

While I certainly appreciate your info, and Sarah's patronages, may I strongly object to your referring Sarah as "The Duchess".
She is not "The Duchess" anymore, since the year she came out of BRF (divorced).
"Duchess of York" is just her style, in simple words, a surname since doesnt have one (a marital one). It is not a title she enjoys anymore..

I think this us something you will have to take up with Sarah directly because when she signs her name/autograph she writes "Sarah The Duchess of York". Now whilst she ought not do so, and should omit the The when signing her name, I have no objection to her doing it and I'm a terrible stickler for following protocol.

:previous: Yup, and even in Twitter, she calls herself "Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess Of York", which is an utter disregard to the traditions and spirit of monarchy, but still she lives off selling her "once upon a royal life", and blaming "that life" for destroying her. And still she needs shelter of her ex-husband, which he himself got by virtue of being a royal. I have never seen such a hypocrite (not getting a more exact term, but its definitey far more than a hypocrite).
And Zonk, it is not just about Wiki/media/general public, she herself always calls her in some sort of "perfect combination", which will suit her both as a royal and at the same time fits well into her commercial profile.
Anyways, nothing can be done regd. this, and lets leave it to her own wisdom/conscience.
She is so damn lucky to have a wonderful ex-husband and wonderful ex-in-laws who graciously take care of her unconditionally whenever she is in trouble (and its a different thing she manipulates this kindness also into a forever-in-love-separated-by-vily-Windsors saga..)
Good for her.

Last edited:
I really don't care how she sogns her name. She's Sarah, Duchess of York. I think it's okay for her to sign as Sarah The Duchess of York. She just can't sign as HRH The Duchess of York anymore. Infact, some of the royal correspondents still refer to her as The Duchess of York in their reports. I really don't think people get all wrapped up in the titles as some others do.

Last edited:
It is not just "the way she signs autographs or the way media calls her".
For me it shows a lot about her sincerity and conviction and regard she shows for the principles of monarchy.
And now dont tell me she is out of monarchy now.
Technically she may be, morally she was never out of that.. Selling books, reality shows, crying on TV, in interviews, everything about her life in BRF, calling herself "The Duchess", living in a house given to her husband at a throw-away price by Crown Estate.. And still playing victim forever..
And Dman, it is not OK to sign as Sarah The Duchess of York..

Last edited:
It is not just "the way she signs autographs or the way media calls her".
For me it shows a lot about her sincerity and conviction and regard she shows for the principles of monarchy.
And now dont tell me she is out of monarchy now.
Technically she may be, morally she was never out of that.. Selling books, reality shows, crying on TV, in interviews, everything about her life in BRF, calling herself "The Duchess", living in a house given to her husband at a throw-away price by Crown Estate.. And still playing victim forever..
And Dman, it is not OK to sign as Sarah The Duchess of York..

Well, I don't any of that is a big deal as others may make it out to be. My guess is The Queen is okay with how things are. I don't consider their private living arrangements my business anyway.

Sarah, has her own journey to go through. From what I see, she's got a lot of love around her and she gives the love right back.

I like Sarah and you'll often see me defending her, but I'm a stickler for detail and I don't think there's any excuse for her including "The" in her signature or when describing herself. She should know the correct form and she should adhere to it. She'd be criticised less if she did.

She knows the correct title form and I think the way she sign things is approved.

Sarah gets criticised for breathing, so a change in her signatures won't stop it.

She knows the correct title form and I think the way she sign things is approved.

Sarah gets criticised for breathing, so a change in her signatures won't stop it.

I agree. I think the only people who criticize her for it are the media(who just want to have a story or a reason to further the hate towards her) and people on the forums. No one else really cares...

I think it's a ridiculous thing to complain and criticize someone over and to waste a good post correcting someone on it using people specifically ask what her title is. It's not that serious.

For goodness sake.

We know she isn't The Duchess anymore, it looks like the information was taken directly from Wikipedia, so whomever provided the information to Wikipedia used the Big T instead of the little T. And cepe copied and pasted the information to answer a question on what patronages Sarah supported in the past and those she continues to support now.

You are more than welcome to edit the information in Wikipedia, but I am afraid its a losing battle. This reminds me of the time when someone posted some pics of Sarah in a Current Events thread, and Getty Images referred to Sarah's title incorrectly, and the discussion it created at the time. All the member did was cut and paste what Getty called Sarah nothing more and nothing less, and you would think that Sarah, the member and Getty were in some super conspiracy to get Sarah's official title back!

The BRF doesn't claim her. The British press refers to her correctly, so do the people who follow royalty and understand the schematics of styles and titles.

What do you expect when the general public (or at least the press) refer to Kate Middleton, Camilla Parker Bowles and Sophie Rhys Jones instead of their correct titles?

Anyone want to carefully re-read the gentle warning from Zonk a few posts back about this title crap?

I came across some photos of Sarah and Princess Eugenie in Jodhpur earlier this week. They are at an Indian hospital, playing with physically challenged children. Since Andrew and Sarah were there for an event, maybe Eugenie joined her parents later on.

I think it just goes to show again that the Yorks do charitable things that don't get reported on by the wider media:

SOLARIS IMAGES ::

Those are such lovely photos; thanks for posting!

I totally agree with your comment about the Yorks' charitable works being entirely ignored by the media, but certainly for those with eyes to see, actions speak for themslves, and once again we see Sarah and Eugenie leading and inspiring with their compassion and their determination to help others! Good for them!

Just came across this article about the auction in India that was mentioned by several people above, and which Sarah and Andrew attended.

Star-studded and auction-packed | Deccan Chronicle

If you scroll down the page, you can see a picture of Sarah doing "as in Rome" and looking very beautiful in a sari! Sadly, it's not a great quality pic - I'd love to see more pictures of her in this outfit!

Some more information and some great pictures from Heather Kerzner's party from the DM. Apparently Sarah's present was a print from Winnie the Pooh.

One of the photo captions made me laugh. Quote: "The Princess and the pauper: Jack Brooksbank's job as a bartender doesn't affect Eugenie's love for him". Er, is this the same Jack Brooksbank who has an earl and a vicount in his family tree? And I think he works at some posh venue in Chelsea, not the Nag's Head!

Fergie and Princess Beatrice attend Heather Kerzner's birthday bash with sister Eugenie and boyfriend Jack Brooksbank | Mail Online

I don't get it. Why does Sarah seem to be at every single occasion that her daughter's are at?? And why are they all constantly hanging on to each other? What am I missing? :whistling:

I don't get it. Why does Sarah seem to be at every single occasion that her daughter's are at?? And why are they all constantly hanging on to each other? What am I missing? :whistling:

Personally I think Sarah tags along with her daughters and imposes every chance she gets because of the publicity. She's that type of hanger on person.

They just like going out together. What's wrong with that? I think they have a very close bond.

They just like going out together. What's wrong with that? I think they have a very close bond.

Every single time the girls are in the paper on a night out, their mother is with them. Close bond or not a daughter of that age has, at some point, got to be annoyed by a tag a long mum.

It's embarrassing to watch personally, I feel sorry for them.

Well, Sarah isn't always with Beatrice & Eugenie. There are nights where the sisters are out and about with each other or with their boyfriends.

I know to some, it's not cool for the older mother to hang out with her daughters and I'm sure Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie knows how this may look to the outside world but I really don't think they care what other people think. I don't think Sarah is a "hanger on" or whatever. She and the girls seem to enjoy having their girls night out when they can. I think it's beautiful to see a mother and her daughters do things together. There are some children out there who don't have a relationship with their parents and wish they had the opportunity to spend some quality time with their mother, father or guardian.

I think what we're seeing isn't something to feel sorry about but I think it's beautiful and touching.

I know some people have this built up dislike for Sarah but I think it's wrong to look down on her for enjoying some time out with her children and accusing her of using her children and making it seem like Beatrice & Eugenie is in a very bad position for being around their mother.

Also, I think the girls linking arms is just what they do. Sometimes when Beatrice & Eugenie are out and about, they often link arms or hold each others hands. I've seen Chelsy and her friends do the samething and even I've seen Catherine & Pippa do it too. It's like they are showing their love and bond for each other. I also think they hold on to each other to get through the paps while they are walking.

Last edited:
It seems to me that we mostly see Sarah and her daughters when they're attending some sort of charity function. As the girls are not official working royals for the firm, this keeps all three women active in the charity circles. Sarah seems to have been keeping her act straight and if only $1 was raised for a charity they attended, then its all the better for the charity.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with doing this. Its when Beatrice and Eugenie are out doing things that 20 somethings do and mom tags along that I'd have a problem with it.

Well, I would think that Sarah is more likely to be the friend of the 44-year-old Mrs. Kerzner than are her 20-something daughters. One might wonder why the 'girls' are at a party for a middle-aged woman. It looks like a very mixed-age group- and I won't even comment on Ron Wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom