The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

Oh dear. Sarah looks hideous.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Courtier

I thought the same thing. She isn't wearing any makeup and she doesn't have the skin or looks to pull that off. Why go out to a fancy place to eat and not make any real effort? Her outfit seems to have become some sort of uniform and it doesn't work for her. Beatrice doesn't look that much better either.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Serene Highness

Frankly, I don't think either of them look that bad. Sarah was never any great beauty, imo, and she's aging, and this is what happens. Not everyone always wants to be 'on' for the cameras. Maybe she feels more comfortable without going out all the time piling on the make-up, so what? I'm sure there are plenty of photos of every person on this board that could be described as 'hideous', trust me, there's plenty of me. And I'm not being hounded by the papps at every turn. As for Pss B, I think she looks fine. Casual. Like countless young women her age. Really . . .
Old 06-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Sarah was never any great beauty, imo, and she's aging, and this is what happens. Not everyone always wants to be 'on' for the cameras. Maybe she feels more comfortable without going out all the time piling on the make-up, so what?
I'm aging and, like millions of women doing the same, I don't look that bad when I go to a restaurant!

We are talking about Sarah - so reading that not everyone always wants to be «on» for the cameras just made my day. Thank you so much for the laughs!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Courtier

I know plenty of women around Sarah's age who don't get papped going to dinner and they make far more effort then Sarah has. She isn't going to McDonalds and being surprised here. She and Beatrice are at a well known high end restaurant where they both would have a fair idea they would get snapped. I would never go out and eat looking this way and neither do most women I know. Sarah has been showing up without makeup a lot it makes me wonder if she thinks it makes her look less interested in getting attention. I don't trust Sarah she always has a reason when she does things.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

I think the point I was trying to make is that Sarah has lost interest in making an effort to look her best when out and about. We all have our "off" days, but it seems to be happening to her all the time.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie were pictured shopping together in London on June 12:

** Pic ** gallery **
Old 06-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Courtier

What are they wearing? Between Beatrice's thigh high suede looking black boots and Eugenie's black tights with white sneakers, green dress and black cardigan it's tough to say who looks worse. I know Beatrice thinks wearing black makes you look slimmer but it doesn't always look elegant and wearing those boots defeat the whole purpose anyway. You need to be really tall and wear certain types of clothes to get away with them and Beatrice doesn't have either. Beatrice didn't stay in Paris for long, I wonder if she is still working?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
What are they wearing? Between Beatrice's thigh high suede looking black boots and Eugenie's black tights with white sneakers, green dress and black cardigan it's tough to say who looks worse. I know Beatrice thinks wearing black makes you look slimmer but it doesn't always look elegant and wearing those boots defeat the whole purpose anyway. You need to be really tall and wear certain types of clothes to get away with them and Beatrice doesn't have either. Beatrice didn't stay in Paris for long, I wonder if she is still working?
From my own personal observations at my local mall they are wearing what most of their contemporaries wear for a casual day's shopping, for better or worse...
Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Nobility

For a casual day of shopping, I see nothing wrong with their outfits. They're dressing to blend in with the crowd. If Eugenie is anything like me, she's probably wearing sneakers in while in transit and has a better but less comfortable pair of shoes in her purse.

This pic is my favorite. I would have loved to know what they were talking about.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Serene Highness

Liked Beatrice's outfit (all in black) but didn't like what Eugenie was wearing. Looked strange to be wearing a green dress with a black jacket and then the white sneakers. Colors didn't go very good together.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Party princesses Beatrice and Eugenie make a splash in bright dresses at Chelsea bash last night
Quote:
They are often criticised for what some deem to be their over-the-top fashion sense. But last night Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie did not put a well-shod foot wrong as they arrived for a private party at Chelsea's Crosby Hall looking catwalk ready. The young royals both chose brightly coloured dresses that fitted their figures perfectly. For Beatrice, a screen-printed mini dress that revealed toned legs. For Eugenie, a vivid coral dress with cap sleeves, a fitted waistline and a deep V-neckline, all of which served to enhance her petite hourglass figure.

The girls look wonderful, especially Beatrice.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Aristocracy

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...na0vo1_500.jpg sarah and andrew when they were kids
Old 08-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Nobility

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fergie and Andrew.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	286360

I came across this nice picture of the Yorks. It seems recent enough, just wondering if anyone had seen it before. Did it appear on their Christmas card perhaps?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Aristocracy

The picture does appear towards the end of the book "Finding Sarah", although I'd imagine it was an already existing photo. On the photo acknowledgements bit at the end, it's listed as "courtesy of the author".
I can safely say it's not from the Yorks' Christmas cards of 2010 or 2011, which I have. Could be from earlier, but it does look a recent photo. Also, I believe their cards in recent years have not featured Sarah in the photos, just her signature (which is the case on the 2 recent ones). Hopefully that's of some help!
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar bobo Iv View Post
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...na0vo1_500.jpg sarah and andrew when they were kids
They already knew each other when kids? Sorry, I didn't know that... Can someone explain me better
Old 08-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
They already knew each other when kids? Sorry, I didn't know that... Can someone explain me better
Sarah's father Ronald Ferguson was Prince Charles (and maybe Phillip's?) polo manager
Old 08-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
The picture does appear towards the end of the book "Finding Sarah", although I'd imagine it was an already existing photo. On the photo acknowledgements bit at the end, it's listed as "courtesy of the author".
I can safely say it's not from the Yorks' Christmas cards of 2010 or 2011, which I have. Could be from earlier, but it does look a recent photo. Also, I believe their cards in recent years have not featured Sarah in the photos, just her signature (which is the case on the 2 recent ones). Hopefully that's of some help!
Thank you very much for your feedback FergieFan, really appreciated.
I can see why Sarah chose it for her book, it's a sweet photo.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Major Ronald Ferguson, Sarah's father, had close links with the Royal family through polo including a spell being the Prince of Wales polo manager.

When he died in 2003 both the Prince of Wales and Duke of York attended his funeral.

Hope this helps

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Sarah, Duchess of York and Princess Eugenie at the second annual 'Freddie For A Day' event in memory of Queen's late frontman Freddie Mercury, at the Savoy Hotel in London on September 3, 2012.

** gettyimages/wireimage gallery 1 ** gettyimages/wireimage gallery 2 **

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york