The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Courtier

What's up with that «no make-up» appearance policy? Sarah is missing the boat with me as I absolutely don't feel sorry for her. No make-up to look pitiful because of the Turkish thing??? Come on Sarah, put some foundation and some blush on. Good grief most women your age are aging way more gracefully! Not only is she useless with finance but also with skin care products and makeup.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

There is nothing wrong with how Sarah looks. Make up, no make up, it's still Sarah. She is at "that certain age" where things emotionally, biological, hormonally are at play. She's dressed nicely. She may have, like I did, decide not to wear makeup any more. I hope she is OK.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Courtier

I respect your position but believe that someone like Sarah who wants to be known as royal ( and anyone else in the public eye for that matter) should dress the part and it means not letting everything go for the sole reason that you are 50+. I'll (unfortunately) reach that horrible milestone this SPring and have absolutely no intention of letting things go south or elsewhere!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

Sarah is still looking a bit wan. Beatrice looks great - her hair is really shiny and well cut.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Sarah needs to wear makeup she is not a natural beauty and she hasn't aged well. I do think she is playing up the poor me angle and this is part of it. I can't think of any other public female who would dream of going out without makeup on. It makes her look ill and like there is something wrong. If she really was that worried she wouldn't be going out to dinner. Wearing all black doesn't help things either. Just cause your over 50 doesn't mean you let things go in fact most women I know who are over 50 look way better then Sarah does but then they put the effort in to continue looking good. By not wearing any makeup Sarah is drawing even more attention and do think she is doing it for a reason.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Wearing all black doesn't help things either.
Seems to work for Lee Radziwill. . . . .

Old 02-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Aristocracy

I would have thought that if Sarah was that worried, unhappy or depressed that Beatrice would have looked upset or at least concerned. Instead, Beatrice looked quite happy to me. Maybe you're on to something Meadow. Sarah has been photographed before without much makeup so she is well aware of how photos of her are going to look.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Heir Apparent

It seems to me that Sarah's been going without makeup--except on high-profile occasions--for quite awhile now. But dressing in all-black seems to be a newer thing. She used to wear at least a colourful scarf until recently.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Just thinking that there is only about 10-12 years of difference between her and crown Princess Mary of Denmark. Cannot imagine Mary looking that run down in 10 years. Sarah should pick herself up.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Sarah, Duchess of York have been in their
skiing holidays in Verbier, Switzerland again!

Here are some pics of last Saturday, February 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
Old 02-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Courtier

wow just look at Andrew's smile
Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Courtier

Sarah not too worried about traveling then! Didn't think she would give up her ski trip. Andrew looks happy and so do the girls so guess there not stressed about the turkey thing either.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Majesty

I think this decision to travel to Switzerland might be because of Switzerland's own extradition laws which include: Extradition is also refused if proceedings abroad contradict the principles of the European Convention on Human Rights, or if they are carried out to prosecute or punish a person on account of their political opinion, their membership of a certain social group or nationality, their race or religion.

Extradition

I suppose it could be argued that Sarah's actions are based on:
1. her political opinion e.g. Turkey doesn't take care of its orphans and thus Sarah is safe in Switzerland as they won't extradite someone based on that person's political opinions,
2. her actions could be to highlight Turkey's abuse of the Human Rights of the children and thus she has protection because Switzerland won't extradite because the actions of Turkey could be seen to contradict Sarah's Human Rights and

In 2008 Switzerland refused to extradite members of the PKK - an organisation in Turkey classed as terrorist so they do have a history of not extraditing to Turkey far more serious offenders than Sarah.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Commoner

Those photos of them skiing are from last year. The gallery says Feb 2011 in the description and I found similar photos on Zimbio from the same day dated Feb 2011 too.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Aristocracy

Good eye zepdec. Thanks for noticing and posting.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Sarah, Duchess of York have been in their

Well it is nice to see the Princess' wearing helmets what with the passing of Natasha Richardson and her accident on the slopes. (no matter what year the pics) Does anyone know how well the Princesses' ski? I do know Fergie's a black diamond kinda gal and PA isn't a sloucher on the slopes.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

really their look like a happy family, of course they are divorced but she look happy togheter
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Very Very Nice Pictures Prince Andrew look Very Nice & Princess Beatrice Look Nice Too It Seems Nice Holidays
Old 02-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Majesty

I am confused.

The links say these pictures are 4th February 2011 but Iceflower has said they were last Saturday - which was the 4th February 2012.

Can we get some sort of confirmation about when these pictures were taken - 2011 or 2012?
Old 02-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I am confused.

The links say these pictures are 4th February 2011 but Iceflower has said they were last Saturday - which was the 4th February 2012.

Can we get some sort of confirmation about when these pictures were taken - 2011 or 2012?
This is the first post with pictures in from last year, seems they went on the same date last year too. There are certain similarities to the pictures, same clothes, same ski's but it seems to be sunnier and in one picture Eugenie has her hair back whereas in last years pictures she didn't. However the ones from "2012" could just be from a different day last year.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york