York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Eugenie and Sarah, Duchess of York were pictured leaving 5 Hertford Street at around midnight, London, November 13/14, 2012:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I don't like Eugenie's outfit.

Heather Kerzner Poses With Princess Beatrice And Sarah

Here are the Getty images.
Sigh, can someone explain Beatrice's decision to wear the black/floral jacket thing over what seems a lovely red dress? I don't get it, to my eyes someone whipped up a vaguely asian style short coat out of a horrid print fabric - in short it looks frumpy and like she grabbed what was handy from her closet w/out a thought to whether it worked w/ the dress. Am I just hopelessly old fashioned and Beatrice so avant garde that I'll never get her fashion mismatches? I don't mean to be unkind, I am just truly befuddled by the pairing.

I quite like the combo that Princess Beatrice is wearing here. Very much something my 20 yo daughter (design student) or either of my 2 sons' 20 something yo girlfriends (both also in creative arts) would wear. I'm not sure that the jacket is a cheap print. On my screen (plus experience sewing evening wear) I'm of the opinion that it's actually a silk brocade.

Last edited:

After having attended the British Fashion Awards 2012 (see here) Princess Beatrice went out for dinner with her mother Sarah at C London restaurant yesterday evening, November 27, 2012:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

That's great! Is this Beatrice's first patronage or does she have others I'm unaware of?

Sarah Ferguson‏@SarahTheDuchess
Looking forward to Eugenie and I opening the @TeenageCancer unit on Monday at Addenbroke's Hospital in Cambridge at 10:45am...

It's great to see Princess Eugenie involved with something like this, and she looks great!:flowers: However, I do wish that she had done the engagement without her mother. Sarah seems to be so front-and-center in the pictures, but Eugenie is the PRINCESS.:ermm:

Well, this was their joint engagement and is just her bubbly self. Sarah knows how to carryout these engagements. The girls usually allow their parents take the lead when they do engagements with them.

I'm not a Sarah-hater, however I don't know why she had to do this event with Princess Eugenie. BTW, Sarah seems to have gained alot of weight. :(

Well, I guess Sarah and her children have similar interest and are invited by these hospitals and other charities to open wards, wings and help bring some attention to these causes. I'm sure despite Sarah being an ex-HRH she still receive a great deal of request from these hospitals and they are involved in a lot of charities and organizations.

Sarah is getting older and weight is not all that easy to control. I'm experincing that myself as well as others. I think she looks great.

Sarah is an honorary patron of The Teenage Cancer Trust which is why she would have been there opening a new centre associated with this Trust.

It would have been strange to open this unit without one of the patrons of the Trust present and so Sarah was there as a patron of the TCT.

:previous: Thank you iluvbertie for the information.

So apparently Sarah didn't invite herself to an Eugenie engagement but rather Eugenie was invited to a Sarah engagement.

Exactly - too often I think people jump to the conclusion that Sarah tags along rather than remember that she is the patron of a couple of charities and the girls also support those charities as a result.

Seems like Sarah is really trying to get her daaughter's involved in these charities. You can see the plaque they unveiled included Princess Eugenie's name under Sarah's.

I think people tend to forget that Sarah is still royal patron of many charities and organizations and still carry out official engagements on behalf of these charities.

Royals join the ‘office’ knees-up

"After not much more than a mince pie with which to celebrate Christmas in recent years, servants at Buckingham Palace were understandably excited as they gathered last night for their first staff ball since 2008...
The Queen herself, along with Prince Philip, Prince Andrew and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, were due to lead the royal contingent."

^^^^
Mrs Swinburn?? Lady Swinburn surely. Even the DM should be able to get something that basic right.

I wonder if either of the girls' boyfriends attended this event.

If they are close to an engagement a family event like this would be a sort of indicator.

Not that non-attendance wouldn't be but attendance would show that they are being more and more into the family fold.

Maybe the boys stayed out of the way? Pretty sure David got to go to Kate and Williams wedding not sure about Eugenies though. I would expect they would have attended unless they were busy elsewhere.

Dave didn't attend William's wedding and Beatrice was upset that he wasn't even invited to the party in the evening.

He was invited to Zara's as was Eugenie's.

According to an article in the Daily Express Prince Andrew will be
away skiing over Christmas.
A Royal Family Christmas | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

This would be very much out of character for Andrew. I wonder if Andrew
isn't going to be there would that make it easier for the girls to spend the day with Sarah? Perhaps Andrew can't celebrate his birthday skiing in February as her normally does, and is going now instead?
I would be a bit surprised if Beatrice and Eugenie are spending Christmas day with neither their father or mother.

I think if this report was accurate it would be more widely reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom