The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Nobility

Isn't this engagement near Eugenie's school?

They have both done engagements with their father. Eugenie's just happen to be quite recent.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Majesty

Eugenie has is in her final year at university. She will graduate next summer.

Maybe Beatrice has started one of the internships that it has been reported that she is going to do, or had a job interview etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
Isn't this engagement near Eugenie's school?

They have both done engagements with their father. Eugenie's just happen to be quite recent.

Yes it is - she is at university in Newcastle.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope I didn't give the impression that I was calling Eugenie "fat." I think that she has a nice figure; but when she wears her clothes too tight, sometimes they emphasize her shape too much. Too tight can sometimes equal "cheap."

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Eugenie is not model slim and that's fine by me.
She might always be an average woman, size wise.
I don't know why people are so rude as to always comment on her being what they feel is over weight. Would those people comment on their own daughter or niece in the same way?
The black dress has wonderful capped sleeves and she looks confident and happy.
I remember Princess Eugenie taking part in another royal occasion that took place near her university, but I can't remember who it was with.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Eugenie and the Duke of York made a visit to the Newburn Activity Centre in Newburn,
Newcastle, October 14, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** PA: Eugenie meets community workers **
On the same day, Eugenie and Andrew were about 20 minutes from my university.
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9308..._York_studios/
Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Eugenie looks really beautiful in this dress. She's a beautiful girl anyway, but this dress--the cut and the colouring--look really great on her.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Nobility

Queen backs plan to let daughter of Prince William and Kate Middleton to accede to the throne - Telegraph

If this article is correct, then the line of succession would be - Anne -4th, Peter - 5th, his children 6th and 7th (current pregnancy,) Zara 8th, Andrew 9th, Beatrice 10th and Eugenie 11th, etc.. If this has been in the works for awhile that the change would be with descendants of the Queen rather than descendants of Prince Charles, it may explain the suggestions that the York girls will not perform royal duties and certainly adds fuel to the fire that they should not have protection as Peter and Zara never have. Anne certainly has been a very dedicated and hard working royal. But to make the change starting at Prince Charles and his descendants seems so much easier as he has 2 sons and thus no one now alive has their position changed.
If I've put this comment in the wrong place - sorry, but it seems to be news impacting the York family.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Nobility

See it's strange because, from what I've read, the change would only apply to those not yet born, leaving the current line untouched. Part of this makes sense, while no one would argue that Andrew would make a better king that Anne, if the line did drop past the Wales' you'd have Peter and Zara behind their mother, two people completely unprepared for such roles. What works against the Yorks is the obvious distaste for the parents and the down right outcry that would occur if Andrew and, especially, Fergie got anywhere near the throne.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

The proposed changes to the Act of Settlement will only apply to the order of succession when Charles becomes King.

The York's are doomed to never touch the throne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Queen backs plan to let daughter of Prince William and Kate Middleton to accede to the throne - Telegraph

If this article is correct, then the line of succession would be - Anne -4th, Peter - 5th, his children 6th and 7th (current pregnancy,) Zara 8th, Andrew 9th, Beatrice 10th and Eugenie 11th, etc.. If this has been in the works for awhile that the change would be with descendants of the Queen rather than descendants of Prince Charles, it may explain the suggestions that the York girls will not perform royal duties and certainly adds fuel to the fire that they should not have protection as Peter and Zara never have. Anne certainly has been a very dedicated and hard working royal. But to make the change starting at Prince Charles and his descendants seems so much easier as he has 2 sons and thus no one now alive has their position changed.
If I've put this comment in the wrong place - sorry, but it seems to be news impacting the York family.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Please note that any discussion regarding the potential changes to the laws of succession, as it does and does not pertain to the Yorks should be made here Proposal for Equal Primogeniture Succession.

Thanks!

Zonk

Old 11-07-2011, 03:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I wasn't sure where to put this, and so I posted it here. That these names were even considered is strange.

Theatre 're-thinks' naming Beatrice and Eugenie 'the ugly sisters' - Telegraph
Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I wasn't sure where to put this, and so I posted it here. That these names were even considered is strange.

Oh that's just about the nastiest thing that could be done to the York princesses. The scorn levelled against them, the family as a whole but the daughters specifically, is beyond the pale.

They won't do it, but I'd sue for defamation.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post

Oh that's just about the nastiest thing that could be done to the York princesses. The scorn levelled against them, the family as a whole but the daughters specifically, is beyond the pale.

They won't do it, but I'd sue for defamation.
Nasty doesn't even begin to cover it. As if those girls have not spent the majority of their lives, from the time they entered their teens, as the butt of cruel jokes and vicious gossip.

I suppose the writer and producer thought themselves terribly, terribly funny when they wrote and produced this farce, but really it is just plain, old-fashioned bullying and someone need to put a stop to it. Leaving it to the company is much like setting the fox to guard the chickens . . . they are the perpetrators and as such should be vilified in the press for what they are . . . . Vicious Bullies!

Perhaps their new cousin-in-law could make it part of her anti-bullying campaign. Charity begins at home and in this case I think they should take legal action!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Courtier

I think the ugly sisters already have names anyway. Renaming them is just cruel and stupid. Not sure if they could sue them or would bother too. The attention it would bring wouldn't be worth it. Over Halloween plenty of people dressed up as Wills and Kate and one american program dressed up as and made fun of most of the Royals including the two girls and the Queen. They call it harmless fun. Besides the theatre is getting attention just by talking about it!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Commoner

I'm looking forward to the next Bea and Eug sighting on Christmas Day at Sandringham:)

I liked this recap of their previous outfits: The Walk to Church at Sandringham on Christmas Day ~ The York Girls Part One « The Royal Post
Old 12-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Nobility

Good Lord, cobwebs and tumbleweeds everywhere!

Why Princess Beatrice said no to the Queen's pre-Christmas lunch | Mail Online
Old 12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
The commentary seems to find their choice a big mistake, if they ever hope for a role in the RF. None of the other royals attended the Branson event, so it seems like a replay of the Ecclestone wedding. I bet Andrew is livid!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
The commentary seems to find their choice a big mistake, if they ever hope for a role in the RF. None of the other royals attended the Branson event, so it seems like a replay of the Ecclestone wedding. I bet Andrew is livid!
They attended a friends wedding, what is so wrong about that? William and Harry have both attended friends weddings before, or perhaps it's because those wedding were in churches in the UK.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Majesty

I think it is wonderful that they went to their friend's wedding. The fact that the Queen would have had to give them permission to miss a family event says a lot about how she sees them - as young people who will hopefully only get one chance to attend Holly's wedding while they have already had 20+ Christmas dinners with the entire royal family and no doubt will have 60+ more of them (assuming Charles and William continue this tradition).
Old 12-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Nobility

It's not like they are actually going to miss THE Christmas dinner/lunch. Basically, they won't see their grandmother's cousins (and their children). The rest they will see at Sandringham. I don't think I've even met any of my grandparents' cousins.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I think it is wonderful that they went to their friend's wedding. The fact that the Queen would have had to give them permission to miss a family event says a lot about how she sees them - as young people who will hopefully only get one chance to attend Holly's wedding while they have already had 20+ Christmas dinners with the entire royal family and no doubt will have 60+ more of them (assuming Charles and William continue this tradition).
I couldn't agree more. Presumably their friend will only have one wedding day and it would have been a shame for them to miss it when they will see most of their family in a couple of days at Sandringham.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york