The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Let's not revist the breakdown of the York family or the Charles/Diana marriage.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah will always have supporters as well as detractors. William was, is, and probably always will be the golden boy of the BRF. IMO the tabloid story is designed to put William in the best light: he wished to invite Sarah, but was overruled! Bottom line, she wasn't there. Everyone is satisfied, no blame accrues to William, and he doesn't have to put up with her.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Once again...let's move on.

Off topic posts that have nothing to do with the York have been deleted. This thread is about the York family. Not William...not Catherine...not Diana.

The Yorks.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe this will help out?

What exactly is Eugenie studying and when will she be graduating? Mom asked me the other day when talking about Beatrice and her acheivements on graduating from Goldsmiths, but I hadn't a clue.

Thanks in advance!! :o)
Old 09-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know exactly which degree Eugenie is studying for, but I have read that her primary interest is politics. (That would make an interesting career for a princess!)
Old 09-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8
Maybe this will help out?

What exactly is Eugenie studying and when will she be graduating? Mom asked me the other day when talking about Beatrice and her acheivements on graduating from Goldsmiths, but I hadn't a clue.

Thanks in advance!! :o)
Eugenie began studying Combined Honours BA at Newcastle University in September 2009, combining Art History, English Literature and Politics.

She'll graduate next year.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Eugenie began studying Combined Honours BA at Newcastle University in September 2009, combining Art History, English Literature and Politics.

She'll graduate next year.
So it is a 3 year program? Because in Canada most BA degrees are 4 years. I can't remember if Beatrice's was 3 or 4 years...
Old 09-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286

So it is a 3 year program? Because in Canada most BA degrees are 4 years. I can't remember if Beatrice's was 3 or 4 years...
Most BA Degrees in this country are 3. Except for medicine, some Oxbridge courses and possibly child related studies. Also you can elect to do your course part time which makes it a 5 year course. And Beatrice studied for 3 years.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie attended the Boodles Boxing Ball at Park Plaza
Westminster Bridge Hotel on October 1, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** dailymail: Pippa Middleton, Chelsy Davy and Princes Beatrice clash... at the boxing (with a fashion faux-pas in the red corner at blue-blooded bout) **

** svenskdam.se gallery: Beatrice och Eugenie på boxningsgala ** zimbio gallery **
Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Courtier

What exactly is going on with the shoulders off Eugenies dress? Are they tiered because it so unflattering in fact the whole dress doesn't look good at all. The neck is too high and I don't know what the material is but it makes her look so much bigger then I have seen her. Beatrice's dress is pretty but I think a little too casual compared to what everyone else wore which seemed so much more sophisticated. Does Beatrice have her ears pierced? I notice she isn't wearing any and I think I've noticed it before. Lucky for both of them neither wore red!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm probably in the minority, but I like Beatrice's dress and think that the shoes are quite nice with it. I know that the dress isn't sleek and sophisticated, but there's something about Beatrice that's always struck me as being natural and unpretentious; this dress reflects that attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'm probably in the minority, but I like Beatrice's dress and think that the shoes are quite nice with it. I know that the dress isn't sleek and sophisticated, but there's something about Beatrice that's always struck me as being natural and unpretentious; this dress reflects that attitude.
I like it too, however Russo thinks it a might dipping too much in front. The color and the pattern of the dress really flatter Princess Beatrice, IMO.
Eug looks huge, IMO. Sorry to say. Black is NOT slimming for that poor girl.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, B.'s dress is very low-cut, which isn't a style that I like on anyone, really. But in spite of that, she's not hanging out of it. Agreed on Eugenie's dress. That dress really isn't flattering, because lately Eugenie was looking like she'd taken off a bit of weight. She tends to wear her dresses too tight, I've noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I like it too, however Russo thinks it a might dipping too much in front. The color and the pattern of the dress really flatter Princess Beatrice, IMO.
Eug looks huge, IMO. Sorry to say. Black is NOT slimming for that poor girl.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:10 AM
Gentry

Both girls look great.

Beatrice has the romantic warm colourings to really suit that floral gown.
She can afford to be a little 'Lady of Shalott' in her style.

Eugenie is not model slim and that's fine by me.
She might always be an average woman, size wise.
I don't know why people are so rude as to always comment on her being what they feel is over weight. Would those people comment on their own daughter or niece in the same way?
The black dress has wonderful capped sleeves and she looks confident and happy.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Courtier

I actually love Eugenie's curves but in that dress she looks far more more then curvy. So no it isn't a flattering dress for her figure and the neck is way too high and the shoulders are too heavy she just can't carry it off in my opinion. I'm not sure who would look good wearing that dress maybe someone older? It doesn't look like it's been fitted too her shape. Actually if my niece is dressed in something that makes her look bad and doesn't do her any justice or is just inappropriate (top too low, skirt way too high) then yes I do comment about it and she appreciates my honesty. Eugenie always looks confident and happy no matter what she is wearing anyway.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I actually love Eugenie's curves but in that dress she looks far more more then curvy. So no it isn't a flattering dress for her figure and the neck is way too high and the shoulders are too heavy she just can't carry it off in my opinion. I'm not sure who would look good wearing that dress maybe someone older? It doesn't look like it's been fitted too her shape. Actually if my niece is dressed in something that makes her look bad and doesn't do her any justice or is just inappropriate (top too low, skirt way too high) then yes I do comment about it and she appreciates my honesty. Eugenie always looks confident and happy no matter what she is wearing anyway.
I think we would all agree that there is a big difference in telling someone that an item of clothing is not appropriate (i.e. top too low, skirt too short) than telling them that they you think they are a bit over weight because their clothes are too tight. IMO that message needs to be conveyed a little more gently whether or not they appreciate your honesty. Something I deal with on a regular with my niece. Especially since she discounts my advice because her friends think it looks wonderful, cute or cool. I am apparently not hip (if I ever was) any more! So I think its hard for some kids to hear or listen to constructive criticism for their style of dress. They usually brush it off as something generational that you don't understand.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Eugenie and the Duke of York made a visit to the Newburn Activity Centre in Newburn,
Newcastle, October 14, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** PA: Eugenie meets community workers **
Old 10-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Interesting to note that Eugenie is accompanying her father on one of his official engagements........... it is almost as if he is preparing her for a life that will include Royal Engagements, despite various sources claiming that Charles wants to 'slim down' the list of 'performing Royals' in due course, so as to exclude Andrew's children.........

Alex
Old 10-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post

Interesting to note that Eugenie is accompanying her father on one of his official engagements........... it is almost as if he is preparing her for a life that will include Royal Engagements, despite various sources claiming that Charles wants to 'slim down' the list of 'performing Royals' in due course, so as to exclude Andrew's children.........

Alex
Is it me or does Eugenie go on more of these than Beatrice? Seems like whenever it's an engagement for Andrew and one of the girl's it's always Eugenie. A quick check of Beatrice's zimbio shows a TON of pictures, especially when compared to her sister, but, aside from something with the teenage cancer trust and the Chelsea flower show, they're events like weddings, sports, clubbing and fashion shows.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Courtier

I thought Eugenie had gone back to school? Andrew took Beatrice on a trip overseas I think last year but it wasn't for a charity it was in his role as trade representative. Maybe Andrew is trying to show the girls would do well? He has said he would like them to take some of the load of him. But it is really up to Charles he will be the one paying their bills. Not sure why Bea didn't go she hasn't a job and has said she wants to do charity work and if Andrew wanted to encourage Charles then I would think it's Bea who needs to show her skills more at this stage then Eugenie who has a few more years at school left. It is nice to see them together though!

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york