The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Also, must we bring Sarah into a discussion of an appearance Beatrice and Eugenie made without Sarah? Don't we have enough to discuss about Sarah when she actually makes an appearance? I know she holds their hands, but...sometimes I feel like people come to these threads with the main intention of taking a dig at Sarah, and I find this irritating.
When something is so obvious as a difference of style and attitude that it is noted, then yes, it is necessary. It may not reflect well on Sarah but that is not the point.

I might also point out that this is a public forum and people have as much right as you to voice their opinions of any of the Yorks, regardless of how irritating you find it.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duke of York and the Duchess of York today, September 9, attended Princess Beatrice's
graduation ceremony at Goldsmiths College in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

And here are some pics with Beatrice:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife ** gettyimages gallery 2 ** IBL gallery **

** express.co: PRINCESS BEATRICE GRADUATES AS PROUD ANDREW AND FERGIE LOOK ON **

** dailymail: Proud Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson unite to watch Princess Beatrice graduate Goldsmiths **

Old 09-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Courtier

I see nothing in the body language of these two people that leads me to believe that they are "close" in any way. Neither at the recent funeral of Christopher Shale OR here. They could be two people that do not even know one another who just happen to be walking in the same direction. It's also time for Sarah to contain her hair a bit if she insists on leaving it long. IMO ... of course.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Very well done to Beatrice, a 2:1 is a fantastic achievement. I hope to be as good as Beatrice in History.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I see nothing in the body language of these two people that leads me to believe that they are "close" in any way.
True - although I noticed Prince Andrew eyeing the photographers here.http://i53.tinypic.com/2rh8qhx.jpg I have seen him glaring at photographers out of the corner of his eye on other occasions, too. IMO Sarah and Andrew keep their distance from each other publicly because they know there are photographers around.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
True - although I noticed Prince Andrew eyeing the photographers here.http://i53.tinypic.com/2rh8qhx.jpg I have seen him glaring at photographers out of the corner of his eye on other occasions, too. IMO Sarah and Andrew keep their distance from each other publicly because they know there are photographers around.
So the very fact that they aren't photographed close together provides evidence that they are together? That's a bit of a reach, IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------

And the graduation! A proud moment in any parent's life, and a toast to the new graduate on that accomplishment.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Just as the point that Sarah and Andrew are not standing next to each other doesn't prove that they don't have any "relationship" at all other than two proud parents. A couple of snapshots that are taken for a couple seconds doesn't prove anything either way IMO.

Can't we just enjoy Beatrice's accomplishment without any Sarah digs?

--------------

Congrats to Beatrice! I like the statement from BP...it sounds like a very open ended statement (she can either go into business, charity or royal duties) or a mixture of all three.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Just as the point that Sarah and Andrew are not standing next to each other doesn't prove that they don't have any "relationship" at all other than two proud parents. A couple of snapshots that are taken for a couple seconds doesn't prove anything either way IMO.
Exactly my point, Zonk! Exactamundo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Congrats to Beatrice!
Yeah, it's a pretty groovy thing.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Gentry

Very well done to Beatrice, especially considering she's overcome dyslexia to earn herself a very good 2:1 in a subject that surely requires much reading and writing.

Sarah and Andrew both look happy and most importantly, they are demonstrating family unity which is certainly preferable to any other way a divorced couple could behave.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

This is a really happy family occasion - I agree Loyal Royal, one aspect of Sarah & Andrew's relationship to admire is their joint parenting. If there have been strong disagreements about parenting matters, they have done very well in keeping these private.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
Very well done to Beatrice, especially considering she's overcome dyslexia to earn herself a very good 2:1 in a subject that surely requires much reading and writing.

Sarah and Andrew both look happy and most importantly, they are demonstrating family unity which is certainly preferable to any other way a divorced couple could behave.
I totally agree - it's a wonderful achievement, especially, as you say, considering her dyslexia!

I think the point about family unity is a very important one too. One of the things I most admire in the Yorks is how they stick together as a family. When I graduated, my parents were also divorced, and my father refused to be in the same room as my mother. It ruined what should have been a memorable occasion, and I'm glad Beatrice doesn't have to go through that.
People will always speculate about the precise nature of Sarah and Andrew's relationship, but the most important thing is that they have always shown a united front as parents.

Once again, congratulations to Beatrice for all her hard work, and for an achievement that deserves to be celebrated!
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

I am glad to hear Beatrice's news, and also glad to hear that "royal duties" is still one of her options. I hope she gets to take some time choosing how to construct the next phase of her life, there's a lot one can do with a degree in history and there's probably a deeper personal reason why she chose that field. I'm guessing she knows a good deal about the history of her nation by now, as well as more than most young people about the history of the rest of the world.

Looking forward to hearing more about Beatrice.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Royal Highness

MYROYALS: PR

WHAT is going on with Sarah's face?!?!?!?! IT also looks like she's put on a few pounds - comfort eating perhaps?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

A very long and loud Standing Ovation to Princess Beatrice on her Graduation from Goldsmiths. As someone here said, considering her learning disability, to go after and achieve a degree/diploma (I don't know how things work in GB at University/College, but I'll get to that...) in an area/field where there had to be an awful lot of reading is very impressive indeed.

Now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Very well done to Beatrice, a 2:1 is a fantastic achievement. I hope to be as good as Beatrice in History.
As I said, I have no idea how things work in GB when it comes to University/College. Here in Ontario, College is more practical, hands on learning and usually for two years. At the end of that, you acheive a Diploma in whatever you applied for. Which is why I say I have a Diploma in Broadcast Journalism from the Program I graduated from at the College I attended in Eastern Ontario.

University is different where it's four years, mostly theory and book work and you come out at the end of it all w/a Degree of some sort. Such as William and Kate both have BA's IIRC, right?

So what did Beatrice achieve, other than graduating obviously, when it says she graduated w/a 2:1 in History? Does she have a Degree or is it more a Diploma?

Sorry for asking what looks like stupid questions, but Mom asked me what her Degree was in and I couldn't tell her, because I didn't understand it myself. Thanks in advance Gang!!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Bea earned her BA (history) degree with honours
Old 09-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Bea earned her BA (history) degree with honours
That couldn't have been easy for Beatrice, given the media interest in her family during much of her time at Uni, plus her learning disability. Good for her, the BRF must all be so proud. I hope this bodes well for her future career and that she will have as much success in whatever she chooses to work at as she did in school.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to Beatrice. I hope she finds a job she really likes.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to Beatrice & her family! The BRF must be so proud of her and I too hope that she finds a job that will love.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

University is different where it's four years, mostly theory and book work and you come out at the end of it all w/a Degree of some sort. Such as William and Kate both have BA's IIRC, right?

So what did Beatrice achieve, other than graduating obviously, when it says she graduated w/a 2:1 in History? Does she have a Degree or is it more a Diploma?
University degrees in the UK are usually 3 years, 4 depending on the course and 5, 6 or more if you're doing Medicine depends on the university. Beatrice got a 2:1 BA (Hons) in History and History of Ideas.

William got an MA upper second class honours which is also a 2:1 in Geography. His is an MA because he studied in Scotland. Catherine recieved an MA (2:1 Hons) in the History of Art.

BA stands for Bachelor of Arts and MA stands for Master of Arts.

In the UK, diploma can refer to several different types of academic qualification. The Diploma of Higher Education is a higher education award below the standard of a bachelor's degree. The term can also refer to a Postgraduate Diploma or to the new 1419 Diploma that was introduced in England in September 2008. Postgraduate Diploma award is higher than the Bachelor's degree.

Whereas a degree, means different things to different people.
Academic degree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to Beatrice and I sincerely wish her all the best with her future plans. Andrew, Sarah and Beatrice all looked happy and proud, and I hope that at least for one day they were able to forget all their recent troubles and woes and enjoyed a very happy and special day.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york