The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

First she brokered access to HRH, her ex, now she does it probably for TRH her daughters... At least that was the first thing mentioned in articles about the wedding: that real (aka British) Royalty was present for Petra Ecclestone's wedding. I guess this still means something for rich, but unfortunately not wellborn (or so I assume) Mr. Ecclestone. Probably his wedding gift to his daughter...

Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Courtier

This thread seems to be the suitable place to post this article, since the entire York family attended:

David Cameron pays last respects to Christopher Shale | Mail Online

Old 09-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Eugenie, Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attended the "Freddy for a Day" 65th birthday anniversary
at The Savoy Hotel on September 5, 2011 in London.
Queen fans around the world celebrate the event called ''Freddy for a Day'' to honour singer Freddy Mercury
and raise awareness about AIDS.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

! They both look incredible in the Freddy for a day pictures. Just beautiful and happy.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Eugenie, Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attended the "Freddy for a Day" 65th birthday anniversary
at The Savoy Hotel on September 5, 2011 in London.
Queen fans around the world celebrate the event called ''Freddy for a Day'' to honour singer Freddy Mercury
and raise awareness about AIDS.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Thanks so much for posting those links, Iceflower! This is absolutely the best I have ever seen both York Princesses look and don't they look gorgeous! Beatrice is absolutely glowing and Eugenie is stunning and her dress is well-fitted and show-cases her beautiful curves. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to learn one's sense of personal style with the whole world watching and the Yorks have certainly made their (entirely normal) share of mistakes. But I have noticed a steady improvement since the hat debacle of William's wedding and they haven't, IMHO, put a foot wrong in the last month. Good for both of them, I don't think they have an easy life with the media's treatment of their family - and it is lovely to see both of them looking not only fashionably pretty but also very happy and confident.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Courtier

Both girls look lovely. The secret seems to be to 'keep things simple'. Simple style dress in a bold colour, straightforward accessories and no wild touches!

I don't follow the popular press too closely, but wasn't there a story doing the rounds to the effect that Beatrice and Eugenie were now employing a stylist?

And, if I may say so without causing offence, isn't it nice to see the sisters out without their mother holding their hands?

Alex
Old 09-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Majesty

Eugenie definitely needs to follow her sister's example and lose some weight. She also needs to wear dresses that don't show all her bulges - she, as usual, looks awful.

Bea has looked better in the past. Certainly this isn't the worst I have seen her look but it certainly isn't good.

They have got it right a few times this year but on this wasn't one of them.

If they do have a stylist then they need to sack her and get one who can actually give them some advice - but I doubt that they would take it anyway.

I like the girls but they are a joke when it comes to their clothes - they are young and will make mistakes but they aren't stupid and should look at what gets them good reviews and build on that rather than take one step forward and then another backwards fashion wise.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post

And, if I may say so without causing offence, isn't it nice to see the sisters out without their mother holding their hands?

Alex
Totally agree, i was surprised when I didn't see Sarah at this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Eugenie definitely needs to follow her sister's example and lose some weight. She also needs to wear dresses that don't show all her bulges - she, as usual, looks awful.

Bea has looked better in the past. Certainly this isn't the worst I have seen her look but it certainly isn't good.

They have got it right a few times this year but on this wasn't one of them.

If they do have a stylist then they need to sack her and get one who can actually give them some advice - but I doubt that they would take it anyway.

I like the girls but they are a joke when it comes to their clothes - they are young and will make mistakes but they aren't stupid and should look at what gets them good reviews and build on that rather than take one step forward and then another backwards fashion wise.
Wow - don't go over board on the harsh now.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Courtier

This was a sort of 'rock-show business' London based-event as I understand it, and therefore I think that the girls look appropriately dressed for the occasion - bright blocks of colour plus a bit of sparkle. I think that they 'blended in' properly with the other attendees. [It was apparently a fundraiser - heavily show business-based rather that 'Society' based, commemorating the flamboyant Freddie Mercury] B + E look nicely groomed - brushed, shining hair [something, if I may say so, that their mother has recently fallen-down on] and their make up seems appropriate.

If the occasion had been a more-formal Society type of Charity function, then I think that their style of dressing might not have been appropriate, but in the circumstances I think they were appropriately dressed.

Only my humble opinions,

Alex
Old 09-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
This thread seems to be the suitable place to post this article, since the entire York family attended:

David Cameron pays last respects to Christopher Shale | Mail Online

I have been away for the weekend [Burghley] and am just catching up on what I have missed here.

Looking at that photo of Sarah, is that ANOTHER one of those expensive Birkin bags she is carrying? Perhaps some clever fashionista can look at this and venture an opinion?

Thank you

Alex
Old 09-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am not sure I am actually writing this but I LIKE Princess Eugenie's dress...I think it's the colour I like mainly. I am not loving Beatrice's outfit though...not really sure what happened with that outfit...
Old 09-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Courtier

I actually think both girls look fine. Not keen on the style of Bea's dress but love the colour of the dress not sure what the point of the black is. I think Eugenie looks great and she is a girl who seems comfortable with her figure so if she is happy she doesn't need to lose any weight. Glad they both brushed their hair and even happier that Sarah isn't around. Like Diarist I find it a little creepy when she stands there and holds their hands. Good to see them out and about and even Dave got to go along. I thought Eugenie had a bloke? Or is she single now?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I actually think both girls look fine. Not keen on the style of Bea's dress but love the colour of the dress not sure what the point of the black is. I think Eugenie looks great and she is a girl who seems comfortable with her figure so if she is happy she doesn't need to lose any weight. Glad they both brushed their hair and even happier that Sarah isn't around. Like Diarist I find it a little creepy when she stands there and holds their hands. Good to see them out and about and even Dave got to go along. I thought Eugenie had a bloke? Or is she single now?
I think they look like they prop Fergie up; truly, the woman clings like a limpet! I believe Eugenie split from her boyfriend (Jack?) but I don't think they were that serious anyway. She's very young, now is the time to date casually. Red is a wonderful color for her.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Aristocracy

Has Eugenie lost weight? She looks slimmer to me.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I think so too, and perhaps her hair is a bit lighter as well. That could be from the summer sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
Has Eugenie lost weight? She looks slimmer to me.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I have been away for the weekend [Burghley] and am just catching up on what I have missed here.

Looking at that photo of Sarah, is that ANOTHER one of those expensive Birkin bags she is carrying? Perhaps some clever fashionista can look at this and venture an opinion?

Thank you

Alex

Yup. A good $9K worth of handbag. Altho the dress is recycled from her US press tour touting "Finding Sarah." So that's a whopping $400 or so saved by re-using it. New belt.

I thought both York daughters looked wonderful at the Freddie Mercury event; note-perfect for their surroundings, and what's with the rude remarks about Eugenie's weight? She looks perfectly healthy if not as tiny as Bea is these days, but have the harpies snittering about her weight noticed that there is a distinctly different body type for each of them, starting with the very basics of height? Fortunately, I can't see all posts here.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Courtier

I think Eugenie is better looking then Beatrice and her weight is fine for her height and she can carry it off. It wasn't that long ago that Beatrice was bigger clearly she wasn't comfortable and she lost it. By no means is Eugenie fat, she is volumptious and I think it's great she hasn't gone the same way as Beatrice. Some people are comfortable the way they are and not everyone looks good really thin. When I got really skinny everyone thought I was ill I'm a curvy girl and so is Eugenie. Too each his own, I have always thought Eugenie is far prettier then Beatrice some think Beatrice is stunning, something I just don't see with her at all.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Both girls look lovely. The secret seems to be to 'keep things simple'. Simple style dress in a bold colour, straightforward accessories and no wild touches!

I don't follow the popular press too closely, but wasn't there a story doing the rounds to the effect that Beatrice and Eugenie were now employing a stylist?

Alex
I couldn't agree more, for once both girls look lovely, I just hope they keep it up,if they have got a stylist she is doing well.
It is a delightful change to see them without their clinging mother. She has her place in their lives but not in every photo and every social event they attend, holding their hands has become a tad annoying too. It sometimes seems she holds their hands more now than when they were little children
Old 09-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
I couldn't agree more, for once both girls look lovely, I just hope they keep it up,if they have got a stylist she is doing well.
It is a delightful change to see them without their clinging mother. She has her place in their lives but not in every photo and every social event they attend, holding their hands has become a tad annoying too. It sometimes seems she holds their hands more now than when they were little children
I think the girls tend to dress with far more individual style and generally behave with a far greater degree of confidence and self-assurance when they are not with their mother. When she is with them they seem to spend all their time running interference for her rather than just being their normal, happy selves.

As to Sarah clinging and holding their hands? I am beginning to think that the girls are the ones doing the holding. Not as a clingy thing but more as a way of protecting her, keeping her out of trouble, under control and trying to protect her and them, from herself.

That protection seems to extend to being more concerned about how their mother looks than how they do. Either that or she acts as their stylist and they don't want to hurt her feelings. Either way, their general standard of dress and deportment is far superior when they are on their own.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Yup. A good $9K worth of handbag. Altho the dress is recycled from her US press tour touting "Finding Sarah." So that's a whopping $400 or so saved by re-using it. New belt.
I've seen Sarah recycle clothing often, wearing the same outfit in public 3 or 4 times or more. This is more than the senior royals normally recycle clothes. Now, it's also a lot less than the rest of us recycle clothes, and maybe these clothes are too expensive to begin with; but I'm just pointing out that Sarah doesn't always try to live like a royal or one of the super-rich.

I have to disagree with Iluvbertie on Beatrice's and Eugenie's appearances: I thought they looked great. Beatrice's dress was a little flashy, but it looked good on her. Eugenie does look slimmer, and does anyone think that she has strawberry highlights to her hair in the summer? I remember when she was a baby, she actually had reddish hair.

Also, must we bring Sarah into a discussion of an appearance Beatrice and Eugenie made without Sarah? Don't we have enough to discuss about Sarah when she actually makes an appearance? I know she holds their hands, but...sometimes I feel like people come to these threads with the main intention of taking a dig at Sarah, and I find this irritating.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york