York Family News and Pictures 2: September 2015

Arms of The British Royal Family

Welcome to The York Family's
News and Picture Thread, Part Two

Commencing September 14, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

As i cannot quote some posts who referred to my comments on the old thread, I would like to say something here.
I think I might be misunderstood. By no means, I wanted to say that "the little people" shouldn't have a career in the cinema or theatre on in every possible art path. What I meant is that I wuould be offended if someone piad me of perfoming the dwarf at his/her birthday party just because of my body. That' all. Being an actor, performer is another thing IMO, but entertaining one's private party with the theme of Snowhite to play the part of a dwarf would be insulting...

I don't kno why, but I got really angry about this matter of the Yorks's party...

Old 09-14-2015, 10:10 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I can understand where you're coming from on this but to me, I think if anyone one of those people thought that being hired to play Snow White's dwarves was in any way demeaning and/or insulting to them, they could very easily have refused to take the gig. Some people hire clowns for a party. These people were hired to play roles that only little people can successfully play. They were well paid and probably had a blast at the party too.

There are many actors and actresses that have certain traits or handicaps and use them to their advantage. Here in the States, there are even reality shows centered on lives of little people. The most famous of all little people in the entertainment business has to be the Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz. I've seen quite a few people with Down's Syndrome have successful careers in show business and Michael J. Fox has used the entertainment media to draw more attention to Parkinson's disease over time. Sometimes we're dealt with things in life that we can't change and the courage and ability to turn what could be a disadvantage into an advantage and makes the most out of it, to me, takes courage and character.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Princess Beatrice was at an event at St. James Palace tonight.

https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...39870606745604

https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...34894601920512
Old 11-03-2015, 03:21 AM
Administrator

I've moved your post over here as Andrew and Sarah were present at yesterday's Pitch@Palace entrepreneurial event as well:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 11-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

Oh my, they certainly picked some prime pictures of the Yorks to put in the gallery. I do not understand how Sarah can look so very nice on some occasions and then look like the 1000 year old woman on others. It is a puzzle???
Old 11-04-2015, 04:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Fergie and Princess Beatrice join Prince Andrew at Pitch@Palace entrepreneurial event | Daily Mail Online

Not thinking that Sarah looked very nice that evening...
Old 11-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Courtier

No Sarah doesn't look good. It's the makeup or lack of it. The faces she pulls don't help either. I thought Beatrice was back in New York? Guess she got some more time off she was just in the UK a week or so ago.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:56 AM
Majesty

The pictures of Sarah were horrible. I think they printed the worst ones they could find.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The pictures of Sarah were horrible. I think they printed the worst ones they could find.
They usually do - and the same for Beatrice. They can take tens of shots of them looking just fine, but always dig until they find the one or two where they're in the middle of speaking or laughing and their eyes or mouths are a little wider open than usual and those are the ones they use.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Courtier

I couldn't help noticing that both Sarah and Beatrice were clutching their cell phones. Were they going to interrupt a conversation to answer that phone or read a text? If not then tuck the phone into a clutch or pocket.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:50 PM
Royal Highness

Several people were holding their mobile phones.

They may have been exchanging info or they may have received the phones during the event. It could be a new product that was being showcased or a new app.

Quote:
15 budding business people made pitches to a gathering of investors in the hope of drumming up support and making vital connections.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Memorial service held for Miles Frost, the son of Sir David Frost | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Courtier

I’m not sure why Sarah, Beatrice, and Eugenie are posing for paparazzi like this is a red carpet event. Pretty tacky. At least Cressida, Jack Brooksbank, Jake Warren, James Meade, Lady Laura Meade, and Sophie Carter showed decorum.

Also, I wonder if Sarah and Manuel Fernandez have split. They haven’t been pictured together since September at Bob Geldof’s wedding. Before that they were attached at the hip and now nothing.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post

I’m not sure why Sarah, Beatrice, and Eugenie are posing for paparazzi like this is a red carpet event. Pretty tacky. .
Photos can be deceiving... Or maybe they were asked... Or maybe it was for a photo album for his mother or for another reason...and the DM only published a few of the people who posed.
It was a memorial service not a funeral.

The York family were not the ones.

Annabel Goldsmith
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4693171201.jpg

Philanthropist Sir Victor Blank, the former Chairman of Lloyds TSB, and his wife Lady Blank
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4693171146.jpg

Peter de Savary and his wife Lana
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4693171010.jpg

Chairman of The Football Association Greg Dyke (left) and former football executive David Dein (centre)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4693170690.jpg

Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber and his family
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4693170591.jpg

Former chairman of the BBC Michael Grade
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4693170674.jpg

PR man Alastair Campbell and his partner, journalist Fiona Millar
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4693170841.jpg

Ben Elliot and his wife Mary-Clare Winwood
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4693171056.jpg

Memorial for David Frost's son Miles attended by royals and celebrities | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Courtier

The other people I named didn't pose. I stand by my statement that it's tacky. I don't care if it's a funeral or a wedding or a memorial service, performing for the paparazzi is a bad look. That kind of stuff should be left for commercial events, definitely not religious ceremonies.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
The other people I named didn't pose.
It is possible the DM just did not publish those pictures.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
It is possible the DM just did not publish those pictures.
Indeed. That's why I went to getty images to double check. They didn't pose. Neither did Liam Neeson. He actually ducked his head to take away their money shot.

Let’s be real. Do you think if The Daily Mail had access to pictures of Liam Neeson and Cressida Bonas grinning and posing for the paps outside a memorial service that they would just decide not to publish them? Not only would they publish them they would probably be the heading pictures. Notice Cressida got first showing in the article and she didn’t pose.

I hope Beatrice and Eugenie noticed that their friends and boyfriend behaved much differently, so in the future they second guess following their mother’s lead. I don’t have much hope for Sarah. I remember her grinning at the paps at QEQM’s funeral, and at Margaret Thatcher’s funeral. Sarah is always going to march to the beat of her own drum, proper or not.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:06 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie attending the memorial service:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 02-27-2016, 03:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Fergie joins Prince Andrew for his 56th birthday bash in Mayfair | Daily Mail Online

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson