York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the big deal is with Andrew using a private plane. Doesn't Charles and Camilla? Doesn't William, Kate, and family? How many times have we ever heard of any member of the royal family flying commercial -- few and far between! The Andrew obsession with some people is ridiculous.

Tack a moniker like "Air Miles Andy" onto Andrew and any means of transportation by him is suspect. Its the Fail's favorite hobby. :D

I don't know what the big deal is with Andrew using a private plane. Doesn't Charles and Camilla? Doesn't William, Kate, and family? How many times have we ever heard of any member of the royal family flying commercial -- few and far between! The Andrew obsession with some people is ridiculous.

I might be wrong but I think William and Harry fly commercial. Anyway as long as Andrew and Sarah pay their way it's fine

I am so sick of the continual bile poured on the Yorks. Sarah and Andrew clearly love each other deeply and for those who want to quantify forgiveness, whatever has she done to any of us that we should be called upon to forgive?

There are three sides to every story: his, hers and the truth. They have dealt with the fallout of their divorce and scandals so who the hell are we to judge her or their relationship. A lot of people seem to overlook the fact that the media has gone out of their way in every underhanded and downright cruel way they could think of to set Sarah up. And, after all these years I have come to the conclusion that she is a gullible woman, easily bamboozled and, in short, an easy mark.

For years I have read people judging her and saying "well you'd think she'd know by now" or "it's not as if she doesn't know what she's doing. The fact that HM Queen Elizabeth II has her as a regular guest at Balmoral speaks volumes. No, more than that, it speaks virtual libraries because she recognises something about Sarah that the DM et al do not. There is not one single malicious bone in her body. I think she is completely without guile.

But, most important of all, she still loves Andrew and he also loves her still and is never seen to laugh so much or even smile except when he is with her and her children adore her. And who doesn't like to have happy loving people around them? We know she goes to Balmoral quite frequently, albeit in Philip's absence, but for all we know she could be taking tea with HM on a regular basis and we would never know.

What we do know is that Sarah thinks the Queen is the most forgiving woman in the world. I myself have always looked at her as a somewhat adorable rambunctious Labrador puppy, bouncing around all over the place and loving everyone she meets. I don't know why but that's just the way I see he.

The Yorks usually go up the weekend or two before the Queen moves into the castle proper - when Philip will join her. They will be gone by then as Sarah isn't welcome when Philip is around and so the rest of the family also tend to leave - as they do on Christmas Day - put in the morning church appearances and then leave asap to spend the rest of the day with Sarah and then to the snow for the rest of the season.

I would therefore expect that the Yorks will be there this week but by next week will be holidaying somewhere warm or exotic but not at Balmoral where Sarah isn't welcome once Philip arrives.

Lots of times when a private plane is used is borrowed from others. The Cambridges have used the Duke of Westminster's plane multiple times. But they also have flown commercial like when they went to Mustique. They flew BA to St Lucia and then transferred to smaller plane to Mustique. Kate even flew BA for her day trip to the Netherlands.

The Yorks could have also borrowed someone's plane too.

Lots of times when a private plane is used is borrowed from others. The Cambridges have used the Duke of Westminster's plane multiple times. But they also have flown commercial like when they went to Mustique. They flew BA to St Lucia and then transferred to smaller plane to Mustique. Kate even flew BA for her day trip to the Netherlands.

The Yorks could have also borrowed someone's plane too.

Or taken the train?
Isn't that what the Queen sometimes does?

And it does seem so hypocritical with some famous people who are all worried about the environment (Clean Water, anyone?) but would never forego their private planes. :whistling:

York Family News and Pictures 2: September 2015

The Queen takes the train to Sandringham at Christmas, but it kinda like the Hogwarts Express. The first class section is bought out and it's only about an hour trip. But all her luggage and the Corgis aren't on the train. It's about a 4.5 hr train trip from London to Edinburgh and couple more to Aberdeen and it's about a hr drive to Balmoral. So a train from London to Balmoral is an all day trip.

I am so sick of the continual bile poured on the Yorks. Sarah and Andrew clearly love each other deeply and for those who want to quantify forgiveness, whatever has she done to any of us that we should be called upon to forgive?

There are three sides to every story: his, hers and the truth. They have dealt with the fallout of their divorce and scandals so who the hell are we to judge her or their relationship. A lot of people seem to overlook the fact that the media has gone out of their way in every underhanded and downright cruel way they could think of to set Sarah up. And, after all these years I have come to the conclusion that she is a gullible woman, easily bamboozled and, in short, an easy mark.

For years I have read people judging her and saying "well you'd think she'd know by now" or "it's not as if she doesn't know what she's doing. The fact that HM Queen Elizabeth II has her as a regular guest at Balmoral speaks volumes. No, more than that, it speaks virtual libraries because she recognises something about Sarah that the DM et al do not. There is not one single malicious bone in her body. I think she is completely without guile.

But, most important of all, she still loves Andrew and he also loves her still and is never seen to laugh so much or even smile except when he is with her and her children adore her. And who doesn't like to have happy loving people around them? We know she goes to Balmoral quite frequently, albeit in Philip's absence, but for all we know she could be taking tea with HM on a regular basis and we would never know.

What we do know is that Sarah thinks the Queen is the most forgiving woman in the world. I myself have always looked at her as a somewhat adorable rambunctious Labrador puppy, bouncing around all over the place and loving everyone she meets. I don't know why but that's just the way I see he.

So you think it's ok to sell access to Prince Andrew ? Which to me shows what she will do for money

I wouldn't call going to Balmoral for a couple of days once a year, which Sarah has done the last couple of years, a frequent visitor. Remember all the speculation that Beatrice was getting engaged a couple of years ago when Sarah was first spotted going to Balmoral for a couple of days?
The Queen indulges Andrew, Beatrice's birthday typically occurs at that time, thus Sarah visits. I'm sure Sarah is a grateful visitor and the Queen a gracious hostess.
Personally I think Phillip is an astute judge of character and unwilling to suffer fools lightly and it's telling that Sarah must be gone before he arrives - that to me says it all.

Does Fergie actually stay in the castle? Or merely on the grounds?

I thought I read that her family visits the Queen but then spends time with Fergie at another house on the estate.

Does Fergie actually stay in the castle? Or merely on the grounds?

I thought I read that her family visits the Queen but then spends time with Fergie at another house on the estate.

They are most likely staying in Balmoral itself.

What you're talking about is when Sarah used to go to Sandringham for Christmas.

The Queen indulges Andrew, Beatrice's birthday typically occurs at that time, thus Sarah visits. I'm sure Sarah is a grateful visitor and the Queen a gracious hostess.

Beatrice didn't go this time, apparently, even though it was her birthday yesterday.

Prince Philip isn't the only one who avoids her. Prince Charles and his son William are no fans of Sarah. I think that they get the Fergie visit out of the way early before the bulk of the family arrive for extended stays.

Why is it that photographers are always in place and ready to snap piccies of the Ferg when she arrives at the Aberdeen airport for her now-customary visit? Everybody else, even HM, manages to make the trip without press. I think that Jack-O-Lantern Duchess of York tips them off.

Prince Philip isn't the only one who avoids her. Prince Charles and his son William are no fans of Sarah. I think that they get the Fergie visit out of the way early before the bulk of the family arrive for extended stays.

Why is it that photographers are always in place and ready to snap piccies of the Ferg when she arrives at the Aberdeen airport for her now-customary visit? Everybody else, even HM, manages to make the trip without press. I think that Jack-O-Lantern Duchess of York tips them off.

No, the paps follow the York's. We used to get pictures of the Wales family embarking on the Balmoral holidays too. It used to be a big press event when the royals arrived at Sandringham, Windsor and Balmoral back in the day.

Remember, the paps know to photograph the York's on private planes because it goes with the narrative the media writes about.

We have seen W&K arrive before when the travelled by private jet with George and I'm sure we have seen pics of HM arriving or leaving. Maybe its just easier to photograph them getting straight off a plane on the tarmac and into a waiting car rather than getting pictures of them getting off scheduled flights which would require them going through the terminal.

I.e. maybe if the York's travelled by scheduled flights, trains or car they would not get photographed

It's no secret when the royals are at Balmoral. So if you are a photographer you are going to hang out at the Aberdeen airport this time of year and then go to Crathie Church on Sunday for the royals going to church shots.

They are most likely staying in Balmoral itself.

What you're talking about is when Sarah used to go to Sandringham for Christmas.

Has the Queen even moved into the Castle yet? She often goes up two or three weeks before the castle is closed to the public and stays in another home on the estate.

The CC has been so bad this year that I can't be sure - and the day she officially moves into the castle has been recorded in the CC in the past but the online CC hasn't updated since the 3rd August - so nearly a week with nothing, including whether the Queen is actually on the castle yet.

The 'bulk of the family' is a bit of a stretch. Charles and Camilla always spend a lot of time at Birkhall and how much they see of the Queen and Philip while there isn't known.

The rest visit for a weekend or maybe a week - but these days not all at once.

Anne has been to Scotland this year for a few weeks doing her lighthouse thing and is now back in England at Gatcombe.

The Wessexes usually spend a week or so there but by then the York's have left.

The Cambridge's - if they go at all - go for a weekend at most these days.

In other words - like Sandringham at Christmas - for most of the family it is a very short visit but unlike Sandringham - not all at once.

The idea that the Queen has all four children, eight grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren are at Balmoral at the same time isn't the case. Each of the Queen's children visit at different times and the grandchildren may or may not be there with their own parents e.g. Beatrice didn't go up with her parents and sister but she might visit on her own during the next two months while the Queen is on her summer holiday.

Unless picture at the airport or riding in a Land Rover, the going to church pictures are basically the only way to see what royals are visiting the Queen. Can't really tell how long each stayed if not pictured arriving and departing. Someone could be there from Friday to Friday but only get pictured on Sunday.

Has the Queen even moved into the Castle yet? She often goes up two or three weeks before the castle is closed to the public and stays in another home on the estate.

The CC has been so bad this year that I can't be sure - and the day she officially moves into the castle has been recorded in the CC in the past but the online CC hasn't updated since the 3rd August - so nearly a week with nothing, including whether the Queen is actually on the castle yet.

Yes, The Queen's court has officially gone to Balmoral Castle. She was just officially welcomed to Balmoral on Monday-
World of Windsor : drubles-bestgum1: Queen Elizabeth II begins her...

Like it or not, Sarah has been invited to Balmoral by the Queen for a few years now (that we know of). The invite status doesn't come any higher than that!

Should Philip pre-decease the Queen it will be interesting to see if Sarah's RF invites increase.

It will also be interesting to see what happens to any invites when the Queen herself passes away.

Of course, with her, the traditional Balmoral Summer may well become a thing of the past.

Like it or not, Sarah has been invited to Balmoral by the Queen for a few years now (that we know of). The invite status doesn't come any higher than that!

Should Philip pre-decease the Queen it will be interesting to see if Sarah's RF invites increase.

It will also be interesting to see what happens to any invites when the Queen herself passes away.

Of course, with her, the traditional Balmoral Summer may well become a thing of the past.

Charles seems to enjoy Balmoral too ( or Birkhall) so I think he'd keep the tradition.
I'm not certain about William.

Wonder if Fergie's increasing appearances have anything to do with an impending wedding for Eugenie?

How Fergie fought her way back into the 'Firm': But as Andrew drives her to Balmoral, royal aides worry about the damage she can inflict on the monarchy

"And that’s her big problem,’ says my source. ‘It’s always someone else to blame. Sarah is only ever one step away from a banana skin, and soon, she’ll slip up again. Her influence on the Duke of York is not necessarily in the Royals’ best interests. I wonder why the Queen seems unable to see this.’"

Interesting take on Sarah's financial woes from the article.
When Sarah first was spotted at Balmoral a few years ago there was conjecture that it was to plan an impending wedding for Beatrice, and while I would expect that Eugenie & Jack may be nearing engagement, I don't know that it is imminent.

Interesting take on Sarah's financial woes from the article.
When Sarah first was spotted at Balmoral a few years ago there was conjecture that it was to plan an impending wedding for Beatrice, and while I would expect that Eugenie & Jack may be nearing engagement, I don't know that it is imminent.

Yes, there was speculation that Eugenie was engaged last year and it all came to nothing. If Sarah is being seen more, I would say it's more likely to be because Prince William is taking on full-time royal duties and Prince Philip is retiring. The 'Firm' is being re-organized and Andrew is less prominent, so maybe he feels freer to take Sarah places with him.

arriving by private jet, surrounded by protection officers and spending her holiday being fawned over by flunkeys.

This is from the DM. Why must they write such rubbish. I'm talking about the "fawned over by flunkeys" crap. This is indicative of their toxic rhetoric. What's wrong with "... her holiday being attended to by castle staff." I"m on the side of the staff here. That's their choice to work as employees at the castle. There's no need to call them 'flunkys.'

Anyway, back to the Yorks and Sarah. They do seem to get along well, which is good news; there's so much angst in the world, but why does this good news get lambasted? It's their own business, and good for them.

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps Sandringham will be the main royal summer/early fall place when William is king.

I'm not looking forward to the Queen's passing; but when the inevitable happens, it'll be interesting seeing how things change as far as vacation habits for the monarch's family goes.

The Yorks might will probably continue to visit, but will Charles and Camilla reside in Balmoral Castle or in Birkhall? Perhaps Balmoral will be used for formal events, such as the Prime Minister's visit. I can't imagine Andrew and Sarah and Charles and Camilla staying together in the same place for long. :lol:

... Certainly the long summer holiday in Scotland will be a thing of the past - to the princes it is the place where they heard the news of their mother...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom