York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so over this family. They can't stop reminding us all that they are princess's and how wonderful they are. They do some work for charity we should be so thankful !!
Why does anyone even bother with Fergie ? Is Anne's first husband in the news giving statements etc etc ?

i would take that family instead of those who can't stop whining about how difficult and the worse thing in the world to have a title (spoiler alert it isn't ) .

you think they bother with fergie! princess diana died 20 years ago and they still drag her name in every article that is remotely related to any royals :bang: .

there is people who see whatever prince henry and william do isn't bad or stepping on the wrong foot because of their mother and see whatever the york princesses do is wrong and bad because of their mother .

for the first time i can't critic sarah for being proud of her daughters any parents would proud of their children and Brag About Their Kids .

prince harry made a fuss and released a statement because the paparazzi are following the girl he is dating who were a public figure and an actress before she started dating him but sarah is out of line when she is urging the media to stop criticizing her daughters for every single thing they do or say no matter if it is good or not they always find a way to critic them .

Last edited:
The thing is you have to draw a line somewhere. We have seen in the United States if you dont deny something it will just fester. Heard of the birther movement and associated frivolous lawsuits as well as pizzagate that has nearly lead to gun violence due to internet rumors about a politician. The current news about the duke of york asking for titles is just a variant on the same old theme of wanting roles for his daughters. Logically does that make any sense due to the fact that they run in titles circles but have never dated anyone with a title. These rumors about what prince Andrew wants for the girls have been around since 2008 I have used google to look. Only this time 8 years later has he given a statement on this subject --- that is 8 whole years since that has started and it had never died. Everyone even assumes its true without knowing anything. Eugenie does she live in Kensington place? Maybe she does or maybe not but everyone assumes its true because some sleazy rag said so. DM readers also repeat the lies in comments that Andrew demanded his daughter be princesses. It takes all of a minute to search why they are princesses but people still repeat the same old lies for no reason. I guess they are poorly educated I dont know. But practice discernment in what you read and where you read it from

I'm so over this family. They can't stop reminding us all that they are princess's and how wonderful they are. They do some work for charity we should be so thankful !!
Why does anyone even bother with Fergie ? Is Anne's first husband in the news giving statements etc etc ?

I think what I come away with mostly when reading about Sarah or anything she's saying or doing is that she very much comes across as if, even though she is divorced, she is still very much The Duchess of York. Even on Twitter it seems that she's @SarahTheDuchess.

I get that they're a close family and a united family as far as divorced parents go but sometimes I feel Sarah just cannot let go of her royal status even one little bit and that is what is important to her.

I have never heard anyone tell people what a wonderful mother she is more than Sarah. And her daughters are princess's don't forget. Oh and she's still a duchess and don't you forget her and Andrew still love each other.
Also still best buddies with the Queen etc.
Just that little problem of money but there is usually someone to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

so you would prefer the other scenario " i'm still diana , princess of wales my children are princes and my son is going to be the king but i don't wont my husband to be the king he never loved me he cheated on me with another woman while we were married we now almost hate each other his family never accepted me they are trying to obstacle me while i'm trying to help charities " would that make you and the press consider her the divine angel that they portray diana as ?!

Last edited:
I There are parts of that statement that don't even make any sense, it just comes across as a badly written rant. He also loves writing 'the princesses' and 'as gradaughters of the Queen' just incase any of us had forgotten. I dread to think what Charles will make of this. I think he will be livid that his name is being brought up in this statement as I don't think for one second he's been consulted before it's gone out.

I think Andrew did the right thing. This has been building for weeks - stories about his daughters from anonymous sources; splits in the BRf etc etc. ALL believed not because we know they are true but because he isn't popular. And the media when they cant attack him directly take it out on his children. That's the truth of it.

There is absolutely no evidence for any of these stories. There is no evidence for the reduction of the BRF - it is interpretation of information and that doesn't mean its true.

We don't se the impact these stories have on the girls - he does. And all I'm seeing is a man defending his daughters.

And don't just look at Andrew - in the past few months William and Harry have also issued statements. BRF have had enough of it and they now have direct access to the public.

Changing times

This statement was authorise by BP and therefore The Queen. People knew he was going to say it, and allowed it.

Clarence house is a different matter. I totally believe that Charles will not be happy about this. Also what proof can you ever show in regards to any press stories? Things are only ever truly proved or disproved through time. It will be the same with this story. When Charles is King we'll see then if these reports about him and Andrew have been true or not. I'd personally go for the former.

I There are parts of that statement that don't even make any sense, it just comes across as a badly written rant. He also loves writing 'the princesses' and 'as gradaughters of the Queen' just incase any of us had forgotten. I dread to think what Charles will make of this. I think he will be livid that his name is being brought up in this statement as I don't think for one second he's been consulted before it's gone out.

Which parts don't make sense? It all makes sense to me.

Clarence house is a different matter. I totally believe that Charles will not be happy about this. Also what proof can you ever show in regards to any press stories? Things are only ever truly proved or disproved through time. It will be the same with this story. When Charles is King we'll see then if these reports about him and Andrew have been true or not. I'd personally go for the former.

Why would Charles be unhappy?

People will either think that he knew nothing about it so no problem for him

And if he did know about it then he is confirming there is no breach - what's wrong with that?

Win Win

Why would you believe Charles over Andrew? Here's an example of how the media is totally capable of making things up: in Canada, someone from a family I know is newly elected to the provincial parliament. A newspaper ran an article about how the family 'attends mass in a chapel in their town.' They aren't Catholic, and their church is no chapel - it's just a normal-sized church! This person then missed a vote in Parliament and said it was because of a family circumstance. The media didn't buy it, and many papers claimed he was just avoiding the vote. I know that the family reason is probably true, because it fit with what I know about them.

We don't know Charles or Andrew personally, so why do we believe what the media tells us without proof? Not just Andrew's interventions, but the idea that Charles wants to slim down the royal family or get rid of the York sisters.

Last edited:
I think what I come away with mostly when reading about Sarah or anything she's saying or doing is that she very much comes across as if, even though she is divorced, she is still very much The Duchess of York. Even on Twitter it seems that she's @SarahTheDuchess.

Would probably be very different if Andrew had remmarried and their would be a new HRH the Duchess of York.

Would probably be very different if Andrew had remmarried and their would be a new HRH the Duchess of York.

Somehow, I don't think even a new HRH The Duchess of York would deter Sarah at all. She would still be using the style of a divorced wife of a peer as Sarah, Duchess of York and hell would freeze over before she discontinued using that to her advantage.

What do I know though? BTW: Hell (Michigan) at this moment has a temperature of 25 degrees Fahrenheit so its entirely possible that Hell has frozen over.

Last edited:
I wonder what Prince Edward and Princess Anne think of all this. Anne specifically didn't want her children to have titles - which I think suits them fine - and Edward was happy for his children to have lesser titles. And Lady Sarah Chatto is also the granddaughter of a monarch, but there was never any talk of her husband having a title. It does seem to be an issue confined to the Yorks.

Somehow, I don't think even a new HRH The Duchess of York would deter Sarah at all. She would still be using the style of a divorced wife of a peer as Sarah, Duchess of York and hell would freeze over before she discontinued using that to her advantage.

I agree it would not stop Sarah from using it. But as there would be another woman with the same style who would perhasp be better knmown or more popular this one would be more associated with the Title and not Sarah.

I wonder what Prince Edward and Princess Anne think of all this. Anne specifically didn't want her children to have titles - which I think suits them fine - and Edward was happy for his children to have lesser titles. And Lady Sarah Chatto is also the granddaughter of a monarch, but there was never any talk of her husband having a title. It does seem to be an issue confined to the Yorks.

Personally I don't think a parent should make that decision for his/her children.

If they don't want a title when they come of age, fine; but why not give them a choice?

Osipi that gave me needed laugh. Hope it's warming up at your home

I also agree with you

Although I've been to Hell in my native Michigan, I've since come to my senses and moved to Almost Heaven, West Virginia. :ROFLMAO:

John Denver ?
Last off topic post

I've seen Andrew refer to Sarah as The Duchess of York for years in television interviews he gives and he's never once corrected a reporter (like Tania Bryer and the late Sir David Frost) when they've referred to Sarah as The Duchess of York.

Sarah's own stationary is titled From The Office Of The Duchess Of York.

And let's not forget that the nameplate marking Andrew's private apartment at Buckingham Palace still reads TRH The Duke and Duchess of York.

I think he's definitely taken the party line that, despite losing her HRH, Sarah is very much The Duchess of York or at the very least, His Duchess of York.

I don't understand your problem with the way Andrew refers to his daughters. If they were Bea and Genie Brown they would be loved daughters, but what Andrew is stressing when he refers to them as 'Princesses' is that they are royal and that's the excuse the paps give for playing fast and loose with the truth about his family. It is because they are HRH Princesses that they are of interest!

As to your comment about Andrew's brother Charles being livid, well obviously you buy into the tabloid slime about there being little love between the royal family siblings, etc. ad nauseum. We "know" no such thing and only hear of such things via the tabloids.
Actually, in this you are wrong. When Princess Margaret married Antony Armstrong-Jones there were concerns that her children would not have a title. So, he was created Earl of Snowdon and Viscount Linley, of Nymans in the County of Sussex, thus his son became Viscount Linley and his daughter, Lady Sarah.

Princess Anne and Mark Phillips opted for the status quo and Mark did not take a title and so Peter and Zara, HM's grandchildren hold no title. Prince Edward, in a break from tradition, was created Earl of Wessex on his marriage to Sophie but HM made it known that she wishes him to inherit his father's title, Duke of Edinburgh. Presumably, Louise and James will become known as prince and princess at that time (although 1917 Letters of Patent designate them as such already).
Personally I don't think a parent should make that decision for his/her children.

If they don't want a title when they come of age, fine; but why not give them a choice?
In the event, the parents did not make a decision for their children. Anne and Mark could have accepted the gift of a grace and favour title and earldom, they chose not to. HM made the decision to create Edward the first Earl of a child of a monarch since Tudor times. Albeit with an eye to the future, to ensure that her husband's title lives on.

After Philip's death the nature of the title devolves back to the sovereign so I believe that HM is certain this will happen either at her hand or, should she predecease him, at King Charles, thus ensuring that the title will live on with Edward's son James his heir.

In the event, no children were denied their rightful inheritance.

Last edited:
HRH titles generally are reserved for male heirs and their descendants.

Of course they made sure to cover their basis with two articles.

They need to remind us one of the yorks is taking another vacation. Let's start their usual count for the year :bang:

And they are dropping engagement hits just in case. They still wNt people to believe they weren't wring in September when they claimed Sarah was talking to the queen about an engagement. The sooner there is an engagement, they can claim the couple just wanted to hide plans from the public. Even if they get engaged now, it isn't proof that they had plans back in September.

But a romantic proposal in Verbier where they first met would be special :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom