The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Clarence house is a different matter. I totally believe that Charles will not be happy about this. Also what proof can you ever show in regards to any press stories? Things are only ever truly proved or disproved through time. It will be the same with this story. When Charles is King we'll see then if these reports about him and Andrew have been true or not. I'd personally go for the former.
Why would you believe Charles over Andrew? Here's an example of how the media is totally capable of making things up: in Canada, someone from a family I know is newly elected to the provincial parliament. A newspaper ran an article about how the family 'attends mass in a chapel in their town.' They aren't Catholic, and their church is no chapel - it's just a normal-sized church! This person then missed a vote in Parliament and said it was because of a family circumstance. The media didn't buy it, and many papers claimed he was just avoiding the vote. I know that the family reason is probably true, because it fit with what I know about them.

We don't know Charles or Andrew personally, so why do we believe what the media tells us without proof? Not just Andrew's interventions, but the idea that Charles wants to slim down the royal family or get rid of the York sisters.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

On Friday November 9th 2016, Patrons, Princess Beatrice, Eugenie and Sarah Visit UCH For Teenage Cancer Trust.
https://www.teenagecancertrust.org/a...-festive-visit

Old 12-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think what I come away with mostly when reading about Sarah or anything she's saying or doing is that she very much comes across as if, even though she is divorced, she is still very much The Duchess of York. Even on Twitter it seems that she's @SarahTheDuchess.
Would probably be very different if Andrew had remmarried and their would be a new HRH the Duchess of York.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Would probably be very different if Andrew had remmarried and their would be a new HRH the Duchess of York.
Somehow, I don't think even a new HRH The Duchess of York would deter Sarah at all. She would still be using the style of a divorced wife of a peer as Sarah, Duchess of York and hell would freeze over before she discontinued using that to her advantage.

What do I know though? BTW: Hell (Michigan) at this moment has a temperature of 25 degrees Fahrenheit so its entirely possible that Hell has frozen over.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Gentry

I wonder what Prince Edward and Princess Anne think of all this. Anne specifically didn't want her children to have titles - which I think suits them fine - and Edward was happy for his children to have lesser titles. And Lady Sarah Chatto is also the granddaughter of a monarch, but there was never any talk of her husband having a title. It does seem to be an issue confined to the Yorks.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Somehow, I don't think even a new HRH The Duchess of York would deter Sarah at all. She would still be using the style of a divorced wife of a peer as Sarah, Duchess of York and hell would freeze over before she discontinued using that to her advantage.
I agree it would not stop Sarah from using it. But as there would be another woman with the same style who would perhasp be better knmown or more popular this one would be more associated with the Title and not Sarah.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I wonder what Prince Edward and Princess Anne think of all this. Anne specifically didn't want her children to have titles - which I think suits them fine - and Edward was happy for his children to have lesser titles. And Lady Sarah Chatto is also the granddaughter of a monarch, but there was never any talk of her husband having a title. It does seem to be an issue confined to the Yorks.

Personally I don't think a parent should make that decision for his/her children.

If they don't want a title when they come of age, fine; but why not give them a choice?
Old 12-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Osipi that gave me needed laugh. Hope it's warming up at your home

I also agree with you

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although I've been to Hell in my native Michigan, I've since come to my senses and moved to Almost Heaven, West Virginia.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

John Denver 👼
Last off topic post

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-17-2016, 02:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think what I come away with mostly when reading about Sarah or anything she's saying or doing is that she very much comes across as if, even though she is divorced, she is still very much The Duchess of York. Even on Twitter it seems that she's @SarahTheDuchess.
I've seen Andrew refer to Sarah as The Duchess of York for years in television interviews he gives and he's never once corrected a reporter (like Tania Bryer and the late Sir David Frost) when they've referred to Sarah as The Duchess of York.

Sarah's own stationary is titled From The Office Of The Duchess Of York.

And let's not forget that the nameplate marking Andrew's private apartment at Buckingham Palace still reads TRH The Duke and Duchess of York.

I think he's definitely taken the party line that, despite losing her HRH, Sarah is very much The Duchess of York or at the very least, His Duchess of York.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:33 AM
Administrator

Sarah and Beatrice were out in London last night, December 20/21:

** dailymail: Like mother like daughter! Princess Beatrice and Sarah Ferguson coordinate their style as they party until the small hours..**
Old 12-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Majesty

Fergie steps out with Beatrice, Eugenie and Prince Andrew in Mayfair | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-29-2016, 02:28 AM
Majesty

Sarah Ferguson's great bond with daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie - HELLO! US
Old 12-29-2016, 04:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I There are parts of that statement that don't even make any sense, it just comes across as a badly written rant. He also loves writing 'the princesses' and 'as gradaughters of the Queen' just incase any of us had forgotten. I dread to think what Charles will make of this. I think he will be livid that his name is being brought up in this statement as I don't think for one second he's been consulted before it's gone out.
I don't understand your problem with the way Andrew refers to his daughters. If they were Bea and Genie Brown they would be loved daughters, but what Andrew is stressing when he refers to them as 'Princesses' is that they are royal and that's the excuse the paps give for playing fast and loose with the truth about his family. It is because they are HRH Princesses that they are of interest!

As to your comment about Andrew's brother Charles being livid, well obviously you buy into the tabloid slime about there being little love between the royal family siblings, etc. ad nauseum. We "know" no such thing and only hear of such things via the tabloids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Actually, in this you are wrong. When Princess Margaret married Antony Armstrong-Jones there were concerns that her children would not have a title. So, he was created Earl of Snowdon and Viscount Linley, of Nymans in the County of Sussex, thus his son became Viscount Linley and his daughter, Lady Sarah.

Princess Anne and Mark Phillips opted for the status quo and Mark did not take a title and so Peter and Zara, HM's grandchildren hold no title. Prince Edward, in a break from tradition, was created Earl of Wessex on his marriage to Sophie but HM made it known that she wishes him to inherit his father's title, Duke of Edinburgh. Presumably, Louise and James will become known as prince and princess at that time (although 1917 Letters of Patent designate them as such already).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Personally I don't think a parent should make that decision for his/her children.

If they don't want a title when they come of age, fine; but why not give them a choice?
In the event, the parents did not make a decision for their children. Anne and Mark could have accepted the gift of a grace and favour title and earldom, they chose not to. HM made the decision to create Edward the first Earl of a child of a monarch since Tudor times. Albeit with an eye to the future, to ensure that her husband's title lives on.

After Philip's death the nature of the title devolves back to the sovereign so I believe that HM is certain this will happen either at her hand or, should she predecease him, at King Charles, thus ensuring that the title will live on with Edward's son James his heir.

In the event, no children were denied their rightful inheritance.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm very confused who is Mark Todd ?
Old 12-29-2016, 05:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I'm very confused who is Mark Todd ?
She means Phillips.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:55 AM
Serene Highness

HRH titles generally are reserved for male heirs and their descendants.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:02 AM
Majesty

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...er-Fergie.html

Princess Eugenie with boyfriend enjoy an extended festive break in Verbier visiting her mother Fergie
Old 01-11-2017, 02:41 AM
Administrator

** atlanticopress gallery **

And another article about the same topic:

** dailymail: Eugenie and her wine merchant beau slope off to Fergie's £13m chalet in exclusive Swiss resort of Verbier **

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson