The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

If Andrew wants his future son in laws to have a title, then B & E need to marry one not hope that Uncle Charles or Granny makes them one.

The Queen already has 3 great grandchildren who are just Miss Tindall and Miss Philips with another on the way. Peter and Zara's kids have no title and if Mark did accept that earldom, Zara kids wouldn't have a title and Isla and Savannah would be Honorable Miss until Mark died, Peter inherits a title that would be extinct after him since he has just sisters and daughters. Would Lady Savannah and Lady Isla have a huge social advantage over Miss Mia Tindall and her sibling? No.

Sarah Chatto is the granddaughter of King George VI. Her kids have no title. All the Kents and Gloucesters who are not directly in line for the Dukedom will have no titles in time.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Eh, I always think people are better off with a title. (Especially if they don't have to do charitable work to justify them).

But if the York girls feel that way, they'd better hurry up and marry!
I don't see Charles giving Andrew anything he wants!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be honest, after all the years and the not so honorable messes that Andrew has gotten himself into either willingly or unwillingly, I don't see Charles giving him an inch either. Charles takes his duties and responsibilities far too seriously to just pacify a younger brother's whims.

I also think that Charles is going to be very involved and very particular when it comes to handing out any kind of honors and accolades too. After all these years as Prince of Wales and getting involved in all aspects of just about anything he puts his name on, I don't see Charles as being anyone's "yes" man but will listen to opinions from all quarters before making a decision. On titles and orders and such for his own family, he'll do what he believes is right.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
If Andrew wants his future son in laws to have a title, then B & E need to marry one not hope that Uncle Charles or Granny makes them one.

The Queen already has 3 great grandchildren who are just Miss Tindall and Miss Philips with another on the way. Peter and Zara's kids have no title and if Mark did accept that earldom, Zara kids wouldn't have a title and Isla and Savannah would be Honorable Miss until Mark died, Peter inherits a title that would be extinct after him since he has just sisters and daughters. Would Lady Savannah and Lady Isla have a huge social advantage over Miss Mia Tindall and her sibling? No.

Sarah Chatto is the granddaughter of King George VI. Her kids have no title. All the Kents and Gloucesters who are not directly in line for the Dukedom will have no titles in time.
because princess anne refused that her children have title and that's her own choice and that also should be princess eugenie and beatrice choice if they won't a title for their spouse and children or not, because their aunt choose that she didn't wont it dosen't mean that they should be denied the choice that she had
Old 12-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
because princess anne refused that her children have title and that's her own choice and that also should be princess eugenie and beatrice choice if they won't a title for their spouse and children or not, because their aunt choose that she didn't wont it dosen't mean that they should be denied the choice that she had
I think the big difference will be that Anne was the daughter of the monarch and Beatrice and Eugenie are granddaughters of the monarch and if left until Charles is King, they'll be nieces of the monarch.

The Queen didn't offer any kind of a title to Mike Tindall when Zara married and other than not having a title, Zara shares the same relationship with HM as Beatrice and Eugenie do.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the big difference will be that Anne was the daughter of the monarch and Beatrice and Eugenie are granddaughters of the monarch and if left until Charles is King, they'll be nieces of the monarch.

The Queen didn't offer any kind of a title to Mike Tindall when Zara married and other than not having a title, Zara shares the same relationship with HM as Beatrice and Eugenie do.
but like u said zara isn't a princess like Beatrice and Eugenie and they are like princess alexandra granddaughters of a monarch and princess alexandra wasn't even offered the earldom by her grandfather or uncle but by her cousin .
Old 12-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Majesty

From what I've been reading so far though, its Andrew that's making all the noise. We have absolutely no idea if either Beatrice or Eugenie and the men that they marry will even want a title when the time comes.

Its just my opinion but I do think that Andrew is a bit on the pompous side.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Majesty

Mine is pure speculation, but I think that only Beatrice of the two girls, actually care for a title.... I don't see Eugenie and her boyfreind for that matter making any tantrum about it... All in all, I agree that it is maybe Andrew who is dipleased with it...
Old 12-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Nobility

i think it sounds a bit odd in this day and age, and how do we know it's true, anyway, since it comes from an unnamed source.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Majesty

There is no knowing even Andrew is making a fuss

The media likes to make scapegoats. No reporter knows private conversations. They are covering their asses. If Eugenie and her husband get a titles when she married one day, the press 'oh look we were right, whiny Andy got his way.' Or if wrong 'Charles put down his foot.' Either way Andrew and his daughters come out looking bad.

I think will come down to what their future role is. If they are even part time royals, I see their husbands offered a title. If they get pushed out all together, which makes little sense, then their kids will be like the Philippe kids, and no need for a title. As for Snowden, there is no saying it will go extinct. Would not be the first time a holder petitioned for a daughter to inherit, Louis Mountbatten for instance. It is possible Peter could ask for it to be done for his daughters.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There is no knowing even Andrew is making a fuss

The media likes to make scapegoats. No reporter knows private conversations. They are covering their asses. If Eugenie and her husband get a titles when she married one day, the press 'oh look we were right, whiny Andy got his way.' Or if wrong 'Charles put down his foot.' Either way Andrew and his daughters come out looking bad.

I think will come down to what their future role is. If they are even part time royals, I see their husbands offered a title. If they get pushed out all together, which makes little sense, then their kids will be like the Philippe kids, and no need for a title. As for Snowden, there is no saying it will go extinct. Would not be the first time a holder petitioned for a daughter to inherit, Louis Mountbatten for instance. It is possible Peter could ask for it to be done for his daughters.
why would the current earl of Snowdon petitioned for a daughter to inherit he has a hier who is David Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley the son of princess margaret who also have a heir who is the Honourable Charles Armstrong-Jones .
Old 12-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that would be a typo. I believe the poster is talking about if Mark Philips took an Earldom when he married Anne. The Earldom would stop after Peter since there are no other sons of Mark and Peter just has 2 girls. The often cited Mountbatten Earldom only allows for the Earl's daughters to inherit after that is goes to males. A female granddaughter could not inherit.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Serene Highness

‏@TeenageCancer Lots of festive decoration making @uclh this morning with our Patrons @SarahTheDuchess, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie
https://twitter.com/TeenageCancer/st...91790243770368
Old 12-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Serene Highness

@TeenageCancer
"We're ready!" Great to hear from our enthusiastic Patrons about working to support young with cancer
https://twitter.com/TeenageCancer/st...84271496609792

@TeenageCancer 1h1 hour ago
We're very excited to welcome our Patrons @sarahtheduchess, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie to meet young people on our unit at UCH!
https://twitter.com/TeenageCancer/st...82752520998912

**Pic**
Old 12-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Here are some more pics:

** standard: Duchess of York in plea to 'stop bullying Beatrice and Eugenie' during Teenage Cancer Trust visit **

** dailymail: Where’s your ring Eugenie? Princess steps out without her rumoured engagement band as she joins sister Beatrice and mother Sarah.. **
Old 12-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Aristocracy

Is it just me, or does Fergie out and out asking for relief from the press for her daughters sound odd? Perhaps she's decided to take a page from Prince Harry's statement defending his girlfriend? It just feels like one of the York parents again trying to wave the spotlight over to their daughters. I wish I could find video of her making those remarks, in order to see what expressions Bea and Eug had as she said that (if they were next to her at that moment).
Old 12-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Andrew rubbishes claims he asked for future husbands of Bea and Eug to have titles and says there is no 'split' whatsoever between him and Charles

Statement:

Ow.ly - AY.pdf uploaded by @TheDukeOfYork (The Duke of York)
Old 12-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for Andrew to set the record straight.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

What an odd (and poorly edited) statement. Should we expect the RF to put out statements for every rumor now?
Old 12-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Is it just me, or does Fergie out and out asking for relief from the press for her daughters sound odd? Perhaps she's decided to take a page from Prince Harry's statement defending his girlfriend? It just feels like one of the York parents again trying to wave the spotlight over to their daughters. I wish I could find video of her making those remarks, in order to see what expressions Bea and Eug had as she said that (if they were next to her at that moment).
Agree! Just seems like Sarah doing her usual thing ..... look at me, look at me (my daughters). She needs to go into retirement. IMHO.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson