The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2016, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've seen this discussed somewhere recently...

Old 06-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Andrew still acting as a 'trade envoy' writes SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-06-2016, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
OK. This is something I've just come across and something I'd never heard before and I'm wondering just how credible this is. The article claims that HM bought a residence in 1997 for Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie but according to the article, Sarah turned it down stating it would be too expensive to maintain.

See inside the stunning $6.1 million home the Queen bought for Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie - AOL

According to the Telegraph though, the divorce settlement was to include "£500,000 provided by the Queen for her to buy a new house for her and her children."

Duchess of York's divorce settlement was worth £3 million - Telegraph

Odd. Very Odd.
BBC at the time has a very different take on price... BBC News | UK | Duchess's mansion up for grabs
We have no idea what were the issues. Not large enough? Asbestos remediation needed? It is very close to Bagshot. And the timing is interesting as well; March 1998 was when Bagshot was leased for the Earl of Wessex.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah practising domestic economy! Ye Gods!

I've never read anything about a multi-million dollar property purchased by the Queen for Fergie and her daughters. Anything's possible I suppose, but most writers on the York divorce seem to sing from the same hymn book viz that Fergie wished for the Queen's friendship above all else, didn't ask for much relatively speaking in her divorce settlement (hardly surprising when you consider the scandals surrounding her during the separation,) and that therefore the RF lawyers didn't offer much.

What they did offer seems to have been sectioned off in the divorce settlement into property, trust funds for the Princesses and so on, wise in view of Fergie's spending habits. Therefore, IMHO, the Telegraph's estimate of £500,000 for a new home seems to be nearer to the mark.

Isn't Bagshot leased? I didn't think it was bought outright. Unless you mean that the Wessexes and Sarah didn't get on and therefore she didn't want to live near them?
Old 06-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Sarah practising domestic economy! Ye Gods!

I've never read anything about a multi-million dollar property purchased by the Queen for Fergie and her daughters. Anything's possible I suppose, but most writers on the York divorce seem to sing from the same hymn book viz that Fergie wished for the Queen's friendship above all else, didn't ask for much relatively speaking in her divorce settlement (hardly surprising when you consider the scandals surrounding her during the separation,) and that therefore the RF lawyers didn't offer much.

What they did offer seems to have been sectioned off in the divorce settlement into property, trust funds for the Princesses and so on, wise in view of Fergie's spending habits. Therefore, IMHO, the Telegraph's estimate of £500,000 for a new home seems to be nearer to the mark.

Isn't Bagshot leased? I didn't think it was bought outright. Unless you mean that the Wessexes and Sarah didn't get on and therefore she didn't want to live near them?
Bagshot is leased from the Crown Estate. Whether they got on or not, there is a difference in the grandeur or Birch Hall and Bagshot. And who knows for sure what was behind Sarah never moving the girls in? I can think of a dozen reasons or more - all speculative.
But I trust the 1998 BBC report of value far more than I trust the recent press.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Courtier

From the BBC article it seems to me that the property was bought for Sarah and her daughters to live in - I would assume Sarah had a life estate in the property with the property reverting to her daughters upon her death. After this was agreed Sarah decided she didn't want to live there or realized she couldn't afford to live there (remember Sarah had a number of money making schemes set up w/ Johnny Bryan at the time of her seperation/divorce which fell apart resulting in her moving back in w/ Andrew) and the settlement had to be renegotiated - assigning a value to Sarah's life estate and a value to the fee simple which the girls were to inherit. I would assume the £500,000 referenced was the value of Sarah's interest and that the remainder of profit from sale of the property went to the trust for the girls.
So to me it's possible all 3 articles aren't at odds.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

‘Royal Love’ The first royal Graffiti? Collaborated By The York Women And TeddyM

Quote:
The painting will be auctioned at The Masterpiece Fair dinner on 30 June in aid of Children in Crisis, the Duchess of York’s charity, which helps train teachers so that thousands of children get an education. An exhibition of Teddy M Heart’s including a print of the “Royal Love” painting will be on public display at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel, London from 21st June 2016
Photos belong to the DOY and TeddyM
Teddy M on the creation of 'Royal Love' with the Duchess of York and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | British GQ
Old 06-29-2016, 02:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Eugenie and Beatrice brave the downpour at Sentebale concert | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-01-2016, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Girls' night out! Fergie hits the town with daughters Princess Beatrice and Eugenie at a swanky private members' club in London* | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Courtier

Fergie was a wonderful horse woman (taught by her father), but do her daughters ever ride? I can't remember them on horseback as adults
Old 07-13-2016, 03:46 AM
Courtier

Eugenie had something wrong with her back when she was young and needed an operation from memory so she may not ride. I can't remember seeing many pictures of either of them on horseback. The only one that comes to mind it Beatrice on a pony at about 3 with the Queen and Eugenie was a toddler and too young but she wanted to go. I saw it recently in one of the documentires about the Queens life. It's very cute Bea has new boots. I can't remember any pictures of either riding as adults.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:54 AM
Courtier

Eugenie had Scoliosis.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sarah Ferguson all smiles at the Frost Summer Fundraiser with a mystery man | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Courtier

I'm not keen on that dress or those shoes. Sarah need to wear sleaves it looks bad. I think she has had a haircut which i a good thing. For some reason she looks washed out it could be her makeup but it doesn't make her look good.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if she will ever had another important relationship...
Old 07-19-2016, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

Black for mid-summer? Oh, for heaven's sake Sarah, put on some lipstick. You look like the walking dead.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think the dress is black - looks midnight blue (at least on my screen!) and her arms are decent for her age, so she can sort of get away with sleeveless, but it would have been far more elegant with a cap or 3/4 sleeve. Her hair looks SO much better cut and styled like that. I can't begrudge anyone wearing comfortable shoes, but Sarah should get in touch with Jerry Hall - the flats she wore to her wedding to Rupert Murdoch were fabulous.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Fergie was a wonderful horse woman (taught by her father), but do her daughters ever ride? I can't remember them on horseback as adults
They did from time to time when younger. Not all kids continue riding as an adult. Seems Bea did jumping at some point.

Princess Beatrice And Princess Eugenie Pictures | Getty Images

Princess Beatrice Pictures | Getty Images

Princess Beatrice At Pony Club Pictures | Getty Images
Princess Beatrice, at The Royal Windsor Horse Show Pictures | Getty Images
Princess Beatrice Pictures | Getty Images
https://www.google.ca/search?q=princ...Hq9TDJpmmNM%3A
Beatrice And Eugenie Ponies Pictures | Getty Images
Princess Beatrice, and Princess Eugenie at The Royal Windsor Horse Show Pictures | Getty Images
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/258605203576591933/
Old 07-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Horsing around: Fergie can't hide her excitement as she cheers on the winners with Princess Eugenie at Ascot | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Just goes to show how much damage sunning can do!
Fergie looks about 90.
Otoh, her dress is quite attractive...but nothing can help the skin!

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson