York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bring up strife between the brothers where there probably isn't any? Why is the second son always a "problem" ... wish people would stop imposing their perceptions on familial relationships. Charles, Anne, Andrew, and Edward probably have the same sibling relationships as any other "normal" family. Stop it people ... JMHO!

Andrew and Sarah have a lot of love between them. They may just like how their relationship is now. But I can tell you, if they ever decide to remarry, they would be much better at now than in the past. They know what their doing now.

Andrew's family would love and support him no matter what. Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward are very close and aren't against each other as people would like to think.

Last edited:
Andrew's family would love and support him no matter what. Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward are very close and aren't against each other as people would like to think.

I doubt that very much. Charles doesn't seem close to any of his siblings, but especially Andrew.
Didn't he once say of Andrew something to the effect that he's always wanted to be me?

Charles hasn't much use for his former sister-in-law either, if rumors are correct.

But as for remarriage, Fergie may want that very much at this point.
Because, should Andrew predecease her, it won't be long before she goes broke again.
If they wed, at least she'd be able to count on a substantial legacy if she's his widow.

I doubt that very much. Charles doesn't seem close to any of his siblings, but especially Andrew.
Didn't he once say of Andrew something to the effect that he's always wanted to be me?

Charles hasn't much use for his former sister-in-law either, if rumors are correct.

Because, should Andrew predecease her, it won't be long before she goes broke again.
If they wed, at least she'd be able to count on a substantial legacy if she's his widow.

There has always been media speculations about the relationships between the royal siblings. It may appear they don't care much for each other, because they're all busy with different aspects of the "Firm", but they are close and support one another.

Again, Charles can't pass judgement, because of his own past and, no matter what, his brothers and sister was there for him. So, he'll be there for Andrew if remarriage is in the works.

No one knows what the York's will do, but I know it's love, family, respect and friendship that has carried them this far.

I suspect that Andrew will leave her a considerable legacy anyway - simply as the mother of his children. They have already bought a house in both their names in Switzerland so there is evidence there that he is providing for her.

:bang::bang::bang:
Again, Charles can't pass judgement, because of his own past and, no matter what, his brothers and sister was there for him. So, he'll be there for Andrew if remarriage is in the works.
:censored::censored::censored::censored:

Sarah joined Andrew to celebrate his birthday. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I think Andrew and Sarah will marry. Or they will become like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell.

IMO, Sarah and Andrew will voluntarily retire to Switzerland.

I think buying the chalet was the first step in the York family leaving the BRF as far as royal duties are concerned. As soon as the mortgage on the chalet is paid off Sarah and Andrew will retire to Switzerland.

Their daughters are not regularly seen with the BRF and as time goes on they will be seen less. It is not because of any difficulties with relationships with any member of the family but that is just how it is.

The family gets larger and less people can fit into the house.

Zara & Mike missed Christmas but their relationships with the BRF is not being scrutinized..:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Charles has not yet banished Andrew so where is all this negative attacks on Charles coming from...oh yes......:lol::lol:

After Andrew & Sarah retire to Switzerland she & Andrew would continue to live in Windsor Lodge.

Last edited:
:bang::bang::bang::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Sarah joined Andrew to celebrate his birthday. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I think Andrew and Sarah will marry. Or they will become like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell.

IMO, Sarah and Andrew will voluntarily retire to Switzerland.

I think buying the chalet was the first step in the York family leaving the BRF as far as royal duties are concerned. As soon as the mortgage on the chalet is paid off Sarah and Andrew will retire to Switzerland.

Their daughters are not regularly seen with the BRF and as time goes on they will be seen less. It is not because of any difficulties with relationships with any member of the family but that is just how it is.

The family gets larger and less people can fit into the house.

Zara & Mike missed Christmas but their relationships with the BRF is not being scrutinized..:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Charles has not yet banished Andrew so where is all this negative attacks on Charles coming from...oh yes......:lol::lol:

After Andrew & Sarah retire to Switzerland she & Andrew would continue to live in Windsor Lodge.

Only time will tell, but I would not be at all surprised if this was the end result for Andrew and Sarah.

I'm all for Sarah's involvement in good causes, and I think that she's doing better than she was; but why, why, why does she come out with such statements? She veers from self-loathing to grandiose. It's two sides of the same egocentric coin, perhaps.:ermm:

Oh dear me let's make her a saint

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think Fergie is probably a kind and generous person but oh, so self-absorbed! How many times have we seen her on TV shows talking endlessly about herself and her psyche and her problems and her past? I just wish the media would get over her and give her and us some peace!

Sarah is the one courting the press. She did the Oprah show which did not make Sarah look good at all. She is the one posing for the cameras etc. We don't see her for ages so she can be private when she wants too. It's also her who looks for things to promote which include going on tv shows etc. Sarah could step away she just doesn't want too she loves the attention when it suits her and when she can have some sort of finacial gain. I don't think she will ever change in her mind she is way more important then what she actually is.

I tend to agree with both the above posts. I do believe Sarah has worked hard for her charities over the years, but at the same time she has worked hard to promote herself - both as a person who was once married to a prince and as a business woman with all her various commercial interests.

I give her credit for trying hard and being a good mother and the fact that she and Andrew are still so close. Nonetheless, she is inconsistent sometimes - she has talked about her self doubts and problems for years and years and then says she's stronger and better now, but after a while it is back to talking about the difficulties times etc.

Beatrice and Eugenie may well have donated her to the world, but what a strange thing to say - and certainly it doesn't apply to the part of the world I live!

That link is showing an un-related article. Or are my eyes not open all the way yet? :ermm:

DOM's link takes you to the whole homepage unfortunately.

Agreed. She seems to do well for a time and then slips back into the same old pattern of landing in trouble and then trying to redeem herself by engaging in psycho-babble followed by vowing to do better to doing better and then falling back again.

She's currently on an upswing and seems to be doing well. She looks slimmer and is engaged in some good things. I sincerely hope that she has turned a real corner this time and there won't be another crash.

I rather like Sarah and hope that she finds fulfillment.:flowers:

I give her credit for trying hard and being a good mother and the fact that she and Andrew are still so close. Nonetheless, she is inconsistent sometimes - she has talked about her self doubts and problems for years and years and then says she's stronger and better now, but after a while it is back to talking about the difficulties times etc.

I tend to agree with both the above posts. I do believe Sarah has worked hard for her charities over the years, but at the same time she has worked hard to promote herself - both as a person who was once married to a prince and as a business woman with all her various commercial interests.

Beatrice and Eugenie may well have donated her to the world, but what a strange thing to say - and certainly it doesn't apply to the part of the world I live!

I do not see Sarah as having worked hard for her charities at all. I wonder if they are more of a cover for her so that she can fly around the world on the charity's expense, attend parties and whatnot.

Recently in the UK news a story broke about a celebrity whom had set up a charity which received millions but less than 10% of the donations were actually used towards those in need.

I have expected a story like this to be reported on the Duchess of York for YEARS....

If you read any of the biographies written about her (w/o her consent) there is more than a few alllusions to this.....

I do not see Sarah as having worked hard for her charities at all. I wonder if they are more of a cover for her so that she can fly around the world on the charity's expense, attend parties and whatnot.

Recently in the UK news a story broke about a celebrity whom had set up a charity which received millions but less than 10% of the donations were actually used towards those in need.

I have expected a story like this to be reported on the Duchess of York for YEARS....

If you read any of the biographies written about her (w/o her consent) there is more than a few alllusions to this.....

I totally agree with you I doubt Sarah does anything without first thinking what's the upside for me. Setting up charities is the latest way to make a living it would seem by the number of celebs charities

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Princess Beatrice and Eugenie suffer another fashion fail | Daily Mail Online

Princess Eugenie, 26, and sister Beatrice, 27, attended Not Forgotten Association garden party with Prince Andrew

Oh dear, I'm afraid it WAS another fashion fail. The trouble is, I think, that the sisters both like unusual patterns and designs but they don't choose outfits that suit their body types. Eugenie in particular could be seen to real advantage as she is a very pretty girl, if only she would consult a stylist. She could still have fun with her clothing but would know more about what suits her and what doesn't.

OK. This is something I've just come across and something I'd never heard before and I'm wondering just how credible this is. The article claims that HM bought a residence in 1997 for Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie but according to the article, Sarah turned it down stating it would be too expensive to maintain.

See inside the stunning $6.1 million home the Queen bought for Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie - AOL

According to the Telegraph though, the divorce settlement was to include "£500,000 provided by the Queen for her to buy a new house for her and her children."

Duchess of York's divorce settlement was worth £3 million - Telegraph

Odd. Very Odd.

I've seen this discussed somewhere recently...

OK. This is something I've just come across and something I'd never heard before and I'm wondering just how credible this is. The article claims that HM bought a residence in 1997 for Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie but according to the article, Sarah turned it down stating it would be too expensive to maintain.

See inside the stunning $6.1 million home the Queen bought for Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie - AOL

According to the Telegraph though, the divorce settlement was to include "£500,000 provided by the Queen for her to buy a new house for her and her children."

Duchess of York's divorce settlement was worth £3 million - Telegraph

Odd. Very Odd.
BBC at the time has a very different take on price... BBC News | UK | Duchess's mansion up for grabs
We have no idea what were the issues. Not large enough? Asbestos remediation needed? It is very close to Bagshot. And the timing is interesting as well; March 1998 was when Bagshot was leased for the Earl of Wessex.

Sarah practising domestic economy! Ye Gods!

I've never read anything about a multi-million dollar property purchased by the Queen for Fergie and her daughters. Anything's possible I suppose, but most writers on the York divorce seem to sing from the same hymn book viz that Fergie wished for the Queen's friendship above all else, didn't ask for much relatively speaking in her divorce settlement (hardly surprising when you consider the scandals surrounding her during the separation,) and that therefore the RF lawyers didn't offer much.

What they did offer seems to have been sectioned off in the divorce settlement into property, trust funds for the Princesses and so on, wise in view of Fergie's spending habits. Therefore, IMHO, the Telegraph's estimate of £500,000 for a new home seems to be nearer to the mark.

Isn't Bagshot leased? I didn't think it was bought outright. Unless you mean that the Wessexes and Sarah didn't get on and therefore she didn't want to live near them?

Last edited:
Sarah practising domestic economy! Ye Gods!

I've never read anything about a multi-million dollar property purchased by the Queen for Fergie and her daughters. Anything's possible I suppose, but most writers on the York divorce seem to sing from the same hymn book viz that Fergie wished for the Queen's friendship above all else, didn't ask for much relatively speaking in her divorce settlement (hardly surprising when you consider the scandals surrounding her during the separation,) and that therefore the RF lawyers didn't offer much.

What they did offer seems to have been sectioned off in the divorce settlement into property, trust funds for the Princesses and so on, wise in view of Fergie's spending habits. Therefore, IMHO, the Telegraph's estimate of £500,000 for a new home seems to be nearer to the mark.

Isn't Bagshot leased? I didn't think it was bought outright. Unless you mean that the Wessexes and Sarah didn't get on and therefore she didn't want to live near them?

Bagshot is leased from the Crown Estate. Whether they got on or not, there is a difference in the grandeur or Birch Hall and Bagshot. And who knows for sure what was behind Sarah never moving the girls in? I can think of a dozen reasons or more - all speculative.
But I trust the 1998 BBC report of value far more than I trust the recent press.

From the BBC article it seems to me that the property was bought for Sarah and her daughters to live in - I would assume Sarah had a life estate in the property with the property reverting to her daughters upon her death. After this was agreed Sarah decided she didn't want to live there or realized she couldn't afford to live there (remember Sarah had a number of money making schemes set up w/ Johnny Bryan at the time of her seperation/divorce which fell apart resulting in her moving back in w/ Andrew) and the settlement had to be renegotiated - assigning a value to Sarah's life estate and a value to the fee simple which the girls were to inherit. I would assume the £500,000 referenced was the value of Sarah's interest and that the remainder of profit from sale of the property went to the trust for the girls.
So to me it's possible all 3 articles aren't at odds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom