The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-16-2017, 11:35 AM
Serene Highness

The comments on the Daily Mail on York stories are very, very predictable...mostly about Sarah's wrinkles and how much she has aged. A few "pointless woman," "waste of space," "Sarah would turn up at the opening of an envelope," "scroungers," "shameless self-promotion," and that pretty much rounds it up!

I think it is ridiculous that Sarah gets criticized just for hugging her daughters, especially on royal forums. On the Daily Mail, people just go there to make snarky comments about celebrities' looks/weight/spending, for the most part...but I'd hope the discussion can be more substantial on a royal forum.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Totally agree.

Sarah really is in a no win situation whatever she does. And it rubs off on her daughters. Just like Bea and Eugenie, no matter what they do, people spin it as self promotion, holiday or something else. No matter what they do charity wise, there is nothing but criticism for it. Doesn't help the daily fail always spins it in the negative and many readers seem to be sheep.

Sarah is not there for self promotion. Or hanging on. Like Diana, Sarah didn't simply abandon her charities when she got divorced. Anyone who cares to take off the tinted daily fail glasses would notice how active she has been with both Cancer trust and children in crisis for the past decades. Instead of being recognized for her continued commitment to her charities even as a private citizen, she is slammed for being out for attention.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

What rmay said!!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-16-2017, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Countessmeout;2019248
Sarah is not there for self promotion. Or hanging on. Like Diana, Sarah didn't simply abandon her charities when she got divorced. Anyone who cares to take off the tinted daily fail glasses would notice how active she has been with both Cancer trust and children in crisis for the past decades. Instead of being recognized for her continued commitment to her charities even as a private citizen, she is slammed for being out for attention.[/QUOTE]

I think she is generally slammed because, if you read the comments, there is a feeling that she does rather well out of her charity work.

I honestly don't know what, if any, remuneration she receives.

But the sense I get is that she is criticized for seeking money, rather than for seeking attention.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I think she is generally slammed because, if you read the comments, there is a feeling that she does rather well out of her charity work.

I honestly don't know what, if any, remuneration she receives.

But the sense I get is that she is criticized for seeking money, rather than for seeking attention.
Yes, when she goes to Australia or such and makes an appearance at a charity benefit she gets paid. Celebrities all do, that is a reality. Zara does.

But the Cancer trust???? How anyone can suggest a cancer charity is paying her to tour the hospital I don't get at all. People just like to paint anyone with York attached to their name as freeloading mooches, no matter what they do. Why their charity work only gets attention usually when there is some way to paint it as a holiday or in some other negative light.

Sarah has done these kinds of visits for 27 years. But we only hear about it when there is some way to spin it in the negative. This time, to criticize her and her daughter.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Sometimes people in life repeat the same mistake over and over again, time after time, the same old story, so how much is a person to take when this goes on for decades. Sarah has not and IMHO will never learn to take care of one person in her life that should be important..*Sarah*. She runs, clings, depends on her family to pick her up, pick up the pieces of her shattered plans again.......there are people in life that do that for they do not know how to stand on their own *2 feet and accept responsibility for their decisions and mistakes*, Sarah is one of them from all that I see and read in the news around the world. I can accept her behavior once, twice yet 3 times you make a fool of yr family and the world......so no I am not a Sarah fan as it is well know nor a fan of anyone who has done the same thing over and over again to the point of no return.

I look at her like someone who does drugs, booze

(and no I am NOT saying that she does this for I do not know personally so don't jump to conclusions that I am)

who cries wolf all the time and says they will change, she never changes. I see behavior patterns in her that are still the same from the day of her divorce, so what Sarah reaps, Sarah sows and it all comes down to *her behavior* over the decades not anyone else. I don't give her a pass now for nothing in her behavior has changed regardless of whom she has a good relationship or not. Sarah is not a victim here, she knows just what she is doing and how to get it. If anyone is the victim it is the people that *Enable* her constantly.

I apologize to the mods for my rant. I will now go back to my hole and hide and shut up for I know that I am kicking a for in the end it is just MHO of Sarah, not anyone elses. We all can't agree on everything or everyone....
Old 09-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I just really think that in order to judge a person's behavior patterns, one would actually need to know the person. We don't see Sarah's day to day life or what she does day in and day out. We see how the media portrays Sarah and we know that over the years, they've been biased.

Her family loves her so she must be doing something right. Somewhere.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We see how the media portrays Sarah and we know that over the years, they've been biased.
This, so much this! And not just Sarah.
Sarah has made some pretty bad mistakes in her personal life. But the continuing trashing of all the Yorks is based on dollars for the media--positive stories don't get the clicks, comments or sales.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I have always been a fan of Sarah...however she does exasperate me sometimes. You can pick out the pattern of low self esteem and self sabatoge that's gone on her whole life. Sometimes I think it's amazing she's coped as well as she has when you look back from when she became a public figure.

I think her general attitude now is that she's going to do what she wants with her appearances, her family and her personal relationships (with Andrew or whoever) because the media is going to always try to put her in a negative light. Can't say I blame her even if she's been the one to provide them with the stories (by her behavior).

LaRae
Old 09-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

Regardless of what someone thinks of Sarah, I can't comprehend the zealous and repetitive recitation of her faults, or errors, or previous misdeeds. Not every careless phrase, or clumsy stance, or fleeting moue is deserving of a scathing comment. Let's give this struggling but good-hearted woman a break from such minutely parsed criticism.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Majesty

You called it. Sarah is a wonderfully warm, gregarious and immensely likeable woman. I can say this without fear of reproach for no other reason than after all these years as a divorced woman she is still invited to celebrity charity galas, attends events for her charities and they thrive so, contrary to the DM et al, she must be doing something very right.

As to her family? They have always been very, very, close. Certainly closer than and family with divorced parents that I know. Sarah and Andrew may as well remarry for they spend more time together than man married people I know or know of. The jointly own the Verbier Chalet and still celebrate their Wedding Anniversary together.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:59 PM
Majesty

I like Sarah as well. I think that the only way that Andrew and Sarah would remarry is if Andrew were less involved with royal duties. Sadly, I think that if Sarah did become HRH The Duchess of York again, they'd both be crucified by media. Perhaps when Charles is the King and The Cambridges are The Cornwalls/Waleses, the Yorks will be in the background enough to make it work.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Remarriage will only work if people can find it in their hearts to allow the York's a second chance at happiness. Folks have to learn to let go of the past and let these people live their lives. Right now, people are too stuck in the past and take a lot of joy in ripping the York's at new hole whenever they feel like it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-17-2017, 11:16 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Remarriage will only work if Sarah and Andrew want it to. Simple. Its their lives and their choices to do as they see fit. If they were to remarry and retire to Verbiers, more power to them. Everyone deserves to be happy and if a remarriage is what will make them happy and fulfill their lives, nothing else matters.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I think after the Queen passes we could see Andrew retiring from most of his public life except perhaps personal charities he may be involved in.

LaRae
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Remarriage will only work if Sarah and Andrew want it to. Simple. Its their lives and their choices to do as they see fit. If they were to remarry and retire to Verbiers, more power to them. Everyone deserves to be happy and if a remarriage is what will make them happy and fulfill their lives, nothing else matters.
I agree - Sarah has had her chance in the limelight, but it didn't work out for many reasons.
If she and Prince Andrew wish to remarry, we should have no problem with that, and wish them well. Both of them attract much negative publicity, so should retreat from public life and live their lives together in relative obscurity (how much this would appeal to either of them, I doubt!)
Perhaps this would open up some space in Royal circles for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie? They also generate a lot of negative publicity, which isn't really warranted in my opinion.
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM
Courtier

I don't think Eugenie wants to do royal duties. She has a career path.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson