York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure; Eugenie does praise her very understanding boss, who allows her to take time off whenever she likes.

The article mentions that, of her first 50 days on the job, she was off on 25 of them.
The public isn't apt to applaud that work ethic.

Yes, she praised H&W in her Harper's Bazaar interview in 2016, but not in the context the DM is using. This is the original quote, "5:00 P.M. In the evenings, I often have engagements related to my family or a charity I support. Hauser & Wirth is very accommodating and understanding of my sense of duty. So I'll work until 5 P.M., then leave to do the engagement. My sister, Bea, and I have charities we're patrons of. We also try to support Granny and Grandpa in any way we can because that is what family is for."

Also the DM must love contradicting itself because in this article: Princess Eugenie challenges sister Beatrice's holiday record with EIGHT in 15 months | Daily Mail Online, which was written around the same time, they mention only eight for Eugenie. In those eight, two are faulty, going to Balmoral is more like tradition not holiday and when did it become unusual to take a trip between Christmas and New Years.

Yes, she praised H&W in her Harper's Bazaar interview in 2016, but not in the context the DM is using. This is the original quote, "5:00 P.M. In the evenings, I often have engagements related to my family or a charity I support. Hauser & Wirth is very accommodating and understanding of my sense of duty. So I'll work until 5 P.M., then leave to do the engagement. My sister, Bea, and I have charities we're patrons of. We also try to support Granny and Grandpa in any way we can because that is what family is for."

Also the DM must love contradicting itself because in this article: Princess Eugenie challenges sister Beatrice's holiday record with EIGHT in 15 months | Daily Mail Online, which was written around the same time, they mention only eight for Eugenie. In those eight, two are faulty, going to Balmoral is more like tradition not holiday and when did it become unusual to take a trip between Christmas and New Years.

They also claim as 'holidays' weekends away - but ignore the fact that many Brits go away for the weekend.

As for the 25 days off in the first 50 - I have known of people who in changing jobs have been able to take their annual leave from the earlier job after starting at the new job for the simple reason that the alternative would be the person going two years without a break and that isn't good for anyone. One of my colleagues had booked a six week Long Service Leave break in first term and when she changed schools the new school respected that rather than force her to cancel the holiday planned. Sometimes it happens because the change of job doesn't fit with the planned holidays.

The media like to show Eugenie as on 'holidays' every time she goes overseas - even though part of her job would involve going to art exhibitions etc overseas. The same with Beatrice e.g. earlier this year she was in Sydney for her company Afiniti and also did an engagement for a charity but the DM reported that as a 'holiday'.

Harry's recent trip to Botswana is the same - a trip for official engagements but it isn't seen as a 'holiday' but when the girls do the same thing it is.

Sure trips to the Caribbean are holidays but not all of the others.

I have stopped reading the DF when it comes to Beatrice and Eugenie. I wish they were born at a time when it was thought already that the life of a granddaughter of the souverain would be easier if they were not burdened with the title and rank of princess but without the background to support this.
I just think that Lady Louise will be treated differently when she is grown-up and seen as an adult, much like the well-liked other Ladies of the Windsor-family.

For a princess, nothing is ever quiet, for a Lady X Mountbatten-Windsor nearly everything is.

I'm surprised at popular opinion about 'princess' titles in Britain (as per DM comments...or DF if you will...;)). Everyone seems to think that Princess Anne deliberately renounced titles for her children, whereas Andrew 'demanded' them for his daughters...when actually the law of the land always mandated titles for the children of a royal prince, but not princess. Princess Anne's children were never destined to have titles, unless Mark Phillips had accepted a title from the Queen. On the other hand, Andrew's children were always destined to be princesses. It's just the way things went in the royal family for centuries.
When I first started learning about the BRF (at age 10 or so!) one of the first things I learned is who could and couldn't be an HRH - and I am in Canada! So it always surprises me that so many people in Britain are convinced Andrew basically forced titles on Beatrice and Eugenie.

It doesn't help matters, of course, that Edward and Sophie chose for their children not to be called Prince and Princesses, even though legally, they are.

I can't help but wonder if these same commenters expect that any children of Harry and Meghan will not carry titles either? Because there is no difference between Harry's position and Andrew's position at the time of Beatrice and Eugenie's birth, other than that Harry is slightly FARTHER from the throne as the grandson of the monarch.

On one hand, I think it would make it easier for Beatrice and Eugenie if they could give up those titles. But then why should they have to when they were born with them, at a time when this was more accepted than it is now?

On one hand, I think it would make it easier for Beatrice and Eugenie if they could give up those titles. But then why should they have to when they were born with them, at a time when this was more accepted than it is now?
And don't forget, that from her birth in 1988 until the birth of Princess Charlotte in 2015 Princess Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession to the throne - for nearly 27 years. She was in the exact same position Queen Victoria was at her birth - fifth.

Last edited:
And don't forget, that from her birth in 1988 until the birth of Princess Charlotte in 2015 Princess Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession to the throne - for nearly 27 years. She was in the exact same position Queen Victoria was at her birth - fifth.
I never understood why Andrew’s website mentioned that Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession. After all Anne was born 3rd in line and was the first female in line from 1952 when her mother became queen until Beatrice was born in 1988 - so 32 years. Ahead of Victoria at birth were her father and 3 childless Uncles, her father died and her Uncles had no children whereas Beatrice had 2 cousins from her generation ahead of her who were likely to have children not to mention a father who could have had a son.

I never understood why Andrew’s website mentioned that Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession. After all Anne was born 3rd in line and was the first female in line from 1952 when her mother became queen until Beatrice was born in 1988 - so 32 years. Ahead of Victoria at birth were her father and 3 childless Uncles, her father died and her Uncles had no children whereas Beatrice had 2 cousins from her generation ahead of her who were likely to have children not to mention a father who could have had a son.

Andrew's website and many others mentioned that Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession as she was. Not that she was the first ever female to be in the line of succession but that from her birth until Charlotte's the only people ahead of her were male. She is now the second female in the line of succession at 8th meaning that of the first 8 in the line of succession there are 6 men and 2 women.

Regardless of who was ahead of Beatrice at birth she was born 5th in line - as was Victoria - who at times dropped and rose again as Queen Adelaide had and then lost her babies. Even when Victoria succeeded the provision was clear - that if Adelaide had a child after William died (highly unlikely but ...) then Victoria would stop being Queen.

It doesn't help matters, of course, that Edward and Sophie chose for their children not to be called Prince and Princesses, even though legally, they are.

Not according to Buckingham Palace.

I have written to them to check this fact and was told that they aren't now nor ever will be Prince and Princess.

What most people don't realise is that there are three ways for a title to be given or withheld:

Letters Patent
Royal Warrant
Queen's Will

The Queen's Will was used to strip Louise and James of HRH.

NOTE that it was announced on the 19th May that Harry was Duke of Sussex and he was officially referred to as such from that date onwards.

The LPs weren't issued until nearly two months later so for those two months he was Duke of Sussex by The Queen's Will and nothing else.

...1st
Regardless of who was ahead of Beatrice at birth she was born 5th in line - as was Victoria - who at times dropped and rose again as Queen Adelaide had and then lost her babies...
What babies of Queen Adelaide’s are you referring to? I know of only one. Her first daughter was born and died before Victoria was born. After Victoria’s birth Queen Adelaide had one live birth - Princes Elizabeth in Dec. 1820 - who lived a little less than 3 months. Queen Adelaide’s twin boys were still born so would not have effected Victoria’s place in the line of succession.
In any event, if Harry has daughters or the Cambridge’s have more Beatrice will drift even further down vis a viz. first female in line. It just seemed an odd statement to me - particularly to leave the statement up after male precedence was ended before George’s birth.
I see the website now says Beatrice is 8th in line and the second female whereas Eugenie’s simply says 9th in line omitting reference to being the 3rd female.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: A very sweet photo of Beatrice and Eugenie! Thanks eya.
I found it interesting that they used the surname York at school though when she attended St. George's, Lady Louise was referred to as "Louise Windsor" on the school's Twitter account so I presume they prefer to use their titles as surnames (or in Louise's case, just Windsor rather than Mountbatten-Windsor) in circumstances such as school.

:previous: Yeah, I've never seen a photo of Beatrice and Eugenie with their name written on their school equipment before so I guess I was just surprised though I was aware that William and Harry used Wales at school and at work.

Say whatever you like about the Yorks....they are as happy and solid a family unit as you are likely to find in the British Royal family or any other.

And I admire them for it.;)

That photo of the York princesses as little flower girls is enchanting!

The photos are lovely, you feel calm & relaxed just looking at them. It's nice that Beatrice got them to herself for a while, it's all about Eugenie for the next week.

Happy Birthday to Prince Adrew today and what better from his family wishes!!

Duchess of York:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuD94p2FVs5/

Princess Eugenie:

"Happy Birthday to you Papa...���� we are so proud of you in everything you have achieved in your 59 years!! "

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuD9ZZhF-rR/

Princess Eugenie posted a very very cute picture with her sister!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuJ8kojFQr_/

Princess Eugenie on her instagram:

"#tbt to my parents being adorable !!'

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bub7gTfFF04/

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie attended ‘The Global Conversation: “The Way to the Top”’ panels held by Global Thinkers Forum to celebrate International Women's Day.

Princess Beatrice chaired the New York panel and Princess Eugenie attended the panel in London.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyl...international-womans-day-london-a4084556.html

:previous:

Here's an additional photo of Beatrice who chaired the New York session on March 6:

** Pic **

I notice someone asked the question on the Meghan/Harry forum why Beatrice and Eugenie were not at the event. And the question came up if they were even in the country. Beatrice wasn't (in NY) but Eugenie was.

While they were in different countries, Eugenie was at the same event as Bea. While Bea was involved with the forum, Eugenie was in the audience. She was at the London event (held in six cities across the world).

The Duke of York, Princess Eugenie and husband Jack visited the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in London today, March 21, to open the new Stanmore Building.

The Duke of York is Patron of the Hospital, Princess Eugenie is Patron of its appeal.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** video ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** hellomagazine: Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank carry out FIRST engagement with Prince Andrew **

** dm: It's a family affair! Princess Eugenie sports an unusual leather headband as she's joined by her husband and father at the London hospital..**

Last edited:
:previous:

Princess Eugenie on her instagram for today:

"What an honour to open the RNOH Stanmore Building today. My Great Grandmother visited the RNOH in 1931 and to follow in her footsteps is so special. "

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSRnDnFw-y/

And from Sarah too!

Duke of York riding with Princess Beatrice in Windsor today 23 March

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...or-estate-amid-rumours-shes-set-tie-knot.html

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/421661916

Princess Eugenie wish Happy Mother;s Day to her mother:

"Wishing every Mother a very Happy Mothering Sunday...and to my beautiful and spectacular mother today and every day."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvrctCylvYn/

Court Circular 21st March:
The Duke of York, Patron, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, accompanied by Princess Eugenie of York, this morning opened the Stanmore Building, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Brockley Hill, Stanmore, Middlesex.

The Duke of York, Princess Eugenie and husband Jack visited the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in London today, March 21, to open the new Stanmore Building.

The Duke of York is Patron of the Hospital, Princess Eugenie is Patron of its appeal.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** video ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** hellomagazine: Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank carry out FIRST engagement with Prince Andrew **

** dm: It's a family affair! Princess Eugenie sports an unusual leather headband as she's joined by her husband and father at the London hospital..**

Thank you for the photographs and articles!

After his biography indicated that he would assist the princess with her duties, his attendance at an event for her family's longstanding patronage is welcome and not unexpected.

Edit: The articles state that it is their first joint engagement, but is it also Jack Brooksbank's first public engagement for a royal patronage?

On another note, even on the plaque (Pic 2) commemorating the opening, Princess Eugenie is described as "HRH Princess Eugenie of York 21st March 2019".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom