The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2017, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry is the closest cousin in age to Beatrice and Eugenie on the royal side. Andrew is also Harry's godfather. So it is totally not surprising that Harry would be close with the York family.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Majesty

Princess Eugenie was joined by her mother on Wednesday afternoon as they visited Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool.

Princess Eugenie and Sarah, Duchess of York visit teenage cancer unit in Liverpool – Royal Central

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-Hospital.html

Old 09-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Courtier

It is nice to see Princess Beatrice at this event yet why is her mother clinging the way she is to her daughter? Desperate or what here? This is just a sad state of affairs when the mother clings to her family like that.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
It is nice to see Princess Beatrice at this event yet why is her mother clinging the way she is to her daughter? Desperate or what here? This is just a sad state of affairs when the mother clings to her family like that.
Yeah, it's sad when a mum hugs her daughter.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Courtier

It is never sad to see a mother hug her daughter, it is just at an event that a royal is being there for a reason that the mother should not be so clinging. Why couldn't Sarah just stand up straight and be in the event instead of clinging to her daughter is all I am trying to say. It would of IMHO have been nice to see Sarah supporting her daughter not clinging to her daughter, big difference.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

It is never sad to see a mother hug her daughter, it is just at an event that a royal is being there for a reason that the mother should not be so clinging. Why couldn't Sarah just stand up straight and be in the event instead of clinging to her daughter is all I am trying to say. It would of IMHO have been nice to see Sarah supporting her daughter not clinging to her daughter, big difference.
Some are more touchy-freely than others. And seeing young people so ill and fighting for their lives would make most parents feel grateful for their own "child's" good health. Sarah doesn't need criticism for every single thing she does.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Why do you feel the need to question the idea of Sarah hugging her daughter?

Sarah and Eugenie are there visiting their charity of which they are both patron of.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I agree - obviously we don't know what was going on at the time these photographs were taken, but I think it would have looked more appropriate in the media if either Princess Eugenie, or Sarah, had attended this event alone, and had been shown paying more attention to the patients, rather than it being shown as a photo opportunity for them. The patients are the heroes here, not them.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Sarah and Eugenie are there visiting their charity of which they are both patron of.
That is Not what I was questioning and you know it, it was at an event with a royal person, supporting someone and clinging to someone are 2 very different things.......done with this.....
Old 09-13-2017, 05:02 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think a lot of this has to do with the layout of the article. That's not Sarah or Eugenie's fault but one decide on by the editors of the article. The first and primary photo puts the entire article into a "photo op" mode for Sarah and Eugenie with the top, prime focus on mother and daughter. The rest of the story has photos with the people they were interacting with and you'll notice that those photos are much smaller.

From a journalistic view, it should have been the other way around with the why they were there being the prime focus and not the who was there being made to be what draws the eye.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I've been wondering lately if maybe Sarah may be having balance issues as she gets a little older. She is almost always holding someone's hand or arm when she's walking, and she nearly always wears flats these days. I'm two years younger than she, and I know MY balance isn't what it used to be and I don't have to worry about press headlines such as "Fergie stumbles out of (fill in the blank)" every time I leave the house.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:18 AM
Courtier

Unfortunate that the photos make Sarah look so desperate, sort of like a desperate teenager clutching a bf trying to tell the world 'mine mine mine.'
I can't think of another royal or famous person that I've ever seen hugging their adult daughter during a photo op at a charity visit to a cancer hospital in a patient's room- occasionally a patient will get a hug, there's a place and time where hugging your adult children in public is appropriate and this was not it, IMO.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:32 AM
Majesty

I agree, sndral. Sarah wasn't greeting Eugenie after an absence, or comforting her. This behavior seems strange to me.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would like to have seen video of this because it does look very strange from the photos
Old 09-14-2017, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't see what is strange or odd? To me it's just one of those mom hugs. Do I do this to my kids? No. But I've seen mom/daughters joke around and hug in a similar manner.

LaRae
Old 09-14-2017, 01:16 AM
Royal Highness

We've only seen a few pictures out of perhaps dozens which were taken. The shots were mostly casual, not posed. If Eugenie paid her mother a compliment, there could easily have been a spontaneous hug.

It seems sad that everything Sarah does, or says, or wears, is assessed as being inappropriate, or foolish, or ugly by the press and others. She doesn't deserve such constant public scorn.
IMO

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-14-2017, 02:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
One could say it was in fact Princess Eugenie (not Bea) doing the supporting. Sarah has been patron of Teenage Cancer trust for 27 years, taking on the patronage back in 1990. It is one she has continued to be active in since her divorce, opening many of their locations. Like Children in crisis, she has brought her daughters into her work with the charity.

I don't find anything unusual about the two of them sharing a moment together. Being at a childrens hospital with sick kids could be emotional.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

That is not a hug.
It is more like a stranglehold!
Old 09-15-2017, 04:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
We've only seen a few pictures out of perhaps dozens which were taken. The shots were mostly casual, not posed. If Eugenie paid her mother a compliment, there could easily have been a spontaneous hug.

It seems sad that everything Sarah does, or says, or wears, is assessed as being inappropriate, or foolish, or ugly by the press and others. She doesn't deserve such constant public scorn.
IMO
I have to agree, the 'spin' on the York family is always negative and the very worst is aimed at Sarah. So her mother gave her a squeeze, we know that out of the hundreds of snaps taken at high speed result in a really good choice. That embrace could have just been a two second squeeze and moving on with what they were seeing and doing.

The photo chosen to lead the story was incredibly misleading but hey, it's the York's so they trash them. I am tired of those who are so shallow as to do that and for all the posts on other threads asserting and reminding members that the DM was not considered a reputable source, for Sarah those same people make an exception!
Old 09-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to agree, the 'spin' on the York family is always negative and the very worst is aimed at Sarah. So her mother gave her a squeeze, we know that out of the hundreds of snaps taken at high speed result in a really good choice. That embrace could have just been a two second squeeze and moving on with what they were seeing and doing.

The photo chosen to lead the story was incredibly misleading but hey, it's the York's so they trash them. I am tired of those who are so shallow as to do that and for all the posts on other threads asserting and reminding members that the DM was not considered a reputable source, for Sarah those same people make an exception!
Absolutely, a snap in time. I doubt Sarah hung on to Eugenie, it was a hug.

Given Eugenie's own history with and treatment for scoliosis as a child, I can well understand Sarah giving her daughter a quick squeeze as they visited the hospital. But as said, the positives of the visit are ignored and the negatives, aimed at Sarah are all that are reported or commented on.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson