The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Philip isn't the only one who avoids her. Prince Charles and his son William are no fans of Sarah. I think that they get the Fergie visit out of the way early before the bulk of the family arrive for extended stays.

Why is it that photographers are always in place and ready to snap piccies of the Ferg when she arrives at the Aberdeen airport for her now-customary visit? Everybody else, even HM, manages to make the trip without press. I think that Jack-O-Lantern Duchess of York tips them off.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Prince Philip isn't the only one who avoids her. Prince Charles and his son William are no fans of Sarah. I think that they get the Fergie visit out of the way early before the bulk of the family arrive for extended stays.

Why is it that photographers are always in place and ready to snap piccies of the Ferg when she arrives at the Aberdeen airport for her now-customary visit? Everybody else, even HM, manages to make the trip without press. I think that Jack-O-Lantern Duchess of York tips them off.
No, the paps follow the York's. We used to get pictures of the Wales family embarking on the Balmoral holidays too. It used to be a big press event when the royals arrived at Sandringham, Windsor and Balmoral back in the day.

Remember, the paps know to photograph the York's on private planes because it goes with the narrative the media writes about.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

We have seen W&K arrive before when the travelled by private jet with George and I'm sure we have seen pics of HM arriving or leaving. Maybe its just easier to photograph them getting straight off a plane on the tarmac and into a waiting car rather than getting pictures of them getting off scheduled flights which would require them going through the terminal.

I.e. maybe if the York's travelled by scheduled flights, trains or car they would not get photographed
Old 08-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

It's no secret when the royals are at Balmoral. So if you are a photographer you are going to hang out at the Aberdeen airport this time of year and then go to Crathie Church on Sunday for the royals going to church shots.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Andrew & Sarah, Duchess of York arrive in Balmoral for a holiday with The Queen Prince Andrew & Sarah, Duchess of York arrive in Balmoral for a holiday with The Queen – Royal Central
Old 08-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They are most likely staying in Balmoral itself.

What you're talking about is when Sarah used to go to Sandringham for Christmas.
Has the Queen even moved into the Castle yet? She often goes up two or three weeks before the castle is closed to the public and stays in another home on the estate.

The CC has been so bad this year that I can't be sure - and the day she officially moves into the castle has been recorded in the CC in the past but the online CC hasn't updated since the 3rd August - so nearly a week with nothing, including whether the Queen is actually on the castle yet.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post

The 'bulk of the family' is a bit of a stretch. Charles and Camilla always spend a lot of time at Birkhall and how much they see of the Queen and Philip while there isn't known.

The rest visit for a weekend or maybe a week - but these days not all at once.

Anne has been to Scotland this year for a few weeks doing her lighthouse thing and is now back in England at Gatcombe.

The Wessexes usually spend a week or so there but by then the York's have left.

The Cambridge's - if they go at all - go for a weekend at most these days.

In other words - like Sandringham at Christmas - for most of the family it is a very short visit but unlike Sandringham - not all at once.

The idea that the Queen has all four children, eight grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren are at Balmoral at the same time isn't the case. Each of the Queen's children visit at different times and the grandchildren may or may not be there with their own parents e.g. Beatrice didn't go up with her parents and sister but she might visit on her own during the next two months while the Queen is on her summer holiday.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Unless picture at the airport or riding in a Land Rover, the going to church pictures are basically the only way to see what royals are visiting the Queen. Can't really tell how long each stayed if not pictured arriving and departing. Someone could be there from Friday to Friday but only get pictured on Sunday.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Has the Queen even moved into the Castle yet? She often goes up two or three weeks before the castle is closed to the public and stays in another home on the estate.

The CC has been so bad this year that I can't be sure - and the day she officially moves into the castle has been recorded in the CC in the past but the online CC hasn't updated since the 3rd August - so nearly a week with nothing, including whether the Queen is actually on the castle yet.
Yes, The Queen's court has officially gone to Balmoral Castle. She was just officially welcomed to Balmoral on Monday-
World of Windsor : drubles-bestgum1: Queen Elizabeth II begins her...

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-10-2017, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

How Fergie fought her way back into the 'Firm': But as Andrew drives her to Balmoral, royal aides worry about the damage she can inflict on the monarchy

Old 08-10-2017, 06:41 AM
Courtier

Like it or not, Sarah has been invited to Balmoral by the Queen for a few years now (that we know of). The invite status doesn't come any higher than that!

Should Philip pre-decease the Queen it will be interesting to see if Sarah's RF invites increase.

It will also be interesting to see what happens to any invites when the Queen herself passes away.

Of course, with her, the traditional Balmoral Summer may well become a thing of the past.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Like it or not, Sarah has been invited to Balmoral by the Queen for a few years now (that we know of). The invite status doesn't come any higher than that!

Should Philip pre-decease the Queen it will be interesting to see if Sarah's RF invites increase.

It will also be interesting to see what happens to any invites when the Queen herself passes away.

Of course, with her, the traditional Balmoral Summer may well become a thing of the past.

Charles seems to enjoy Balmoral too ( or Birkhall) so I think he'd keep the tradition.
I'm not certain about William.

Wonder if Fergie's increasing appearances have anything to do with an impending wedding for Eugenie?
Old 08-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
How Fergie fought her way back into the 'Firm': But as Andrew drives her to Balmoral, royal aides worry about the damage she can inflict on the monarchy

"And that’s her big problem,’ says my source. ‘It’s always someone else to blame. Sarah is only ever one step away from a banana skin, and soon, she’ll slip up again. Her influence on the Duke of York is not necessarily in the Royals’ best interests. I wonder why the Queen seems unable to see this.’"

Interesting take on Sarah's financial woes from the article.
When Sarah first was spotted at Balmoral a few years ago there was conjecture that it was to plan an impending wedding for Beatrice, and while I would expect that Eugenie & Jack may be nearing engagement, I don't know that it is imminent.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Interesting take on Sarah's financial woes from the article.
When Sarah first was spotted at Balmoral a few years ago there was conjecture that it was to plan an impending wedding for Beatrice, and while I would expect that Eugenie & Jack may be nearing engagement, I don't know that it is imminent.
Yes, there was speculation that Eugenie was engaged last year and it all came to nothing. If Sarah is being seen more, I would say it's more likely to be because Prince William is taking on full-time royal duties and Prince Philip is retiring. The 'Firm' is being re-organized and Andrew is less prominent, so maybe he feels freer to take Sarah places with him.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
arriving by private jet, surrounded by protection officers and spending her holiday being fawned over by flunkeys.
This is from the DM. Why must they write such rubbish. I'm talking about the "fawned over by flunkeys" crap. This is indicative of their toxic rhetoric. What's wrong with "... her holiday being attended to by castle staff." I"m on the side of the staff here. That's their choice to work as employees at the castle. There's no need to call them 'flunkys.'

Anyway, back to the Yorks and Sarah. They do seem to get along well, which is good news; there's so much angst in the world, but why does this good news get lambasted? It's their own business, and good for them.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps Sandringham will be the main royal summer/early fall place when William is king.

I'm not looking forward to the Queen's passing; but when the inevitable happens, it'll be interesting seeing how things change as far as vacation habits for the monarch's family goes.

The Yorks might will probably continue to visit, but will Charles and Camilla reside in Balmoral Castle or in Birkhall? Perhaps Balmoral will be used for formal events, such as the Prime Minister's visit. I can't imagine Andrew and Sarah and Charles and Camilla staying together in the same place for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
... Certainly the long summer holiday in Scotland will be a thing of the past - to the princes it is the place where they heard the news of their mother...
Old 08-11-2017, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that some posts relating to royals at Balmoral have been moved to the Balmoral Castle thread.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
So you think it's ok to sell access to Prince Andrew? Which to me shows what she will do for money
Certainly not! However, we all read the same garbage in the DM et al, for the most part, and you only have to see the headlines about "Sarah flying in a private jet" to see their slant on things.

I do not believe that many of these "scandals" have actually been scandals at all and if I were to wonder I would take my lead from HM. If, after all the scandalous headlines she finds it in herself to not only overlook Sarah's "outrageously shocking" lapses but to continue to extend both the hand of friendship and her hospitality to her, who am I to hold a judge. Queen Elizabeth is a practising Christian and obviously believes that forgiveness lies in the hands of God.

It is also worth noting that HM does not feel obliged to invite anyone but those she wants to her private homes of Sandringham and Balmoral.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:19 AM
Majesty

Sarah and Beatrice attended at the wedding of Sarah's sister Eliza

Princess Beatrice attends Eliza Ferguson's wedding | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-04-2017, 04:53 AM
Majesty

I think it is also worth noting that not all of the BRF loath Sarah obviously HM doesn't and when William and Harry were younger they joined the annual skiing holiday with them.

After William had been with Catherine for a while he started holidaying in the sun with her and sometimes her family too. Harry has continued to join ALL or some of the York's for skiing at Verbier, military commitments not withstanding. I think last New Year was the first time he missed in ages. I believe he was off courting a lovely lady!

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson