The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nice to see the York's heading to Balmoral to spend some time with The Queen.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am going to take it that Philip isn't at Balmoral yet.

There was conversation here on TRF about Fergie actually visiting the Queen and staying at Balmoral itself. This kind of affirms that she has and is.

Its nice that the entire family can be together and vacation together. I'm wondering if Beatrice will make her way up there also as it is her birthday.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am going to take it that Philip isn't at Balmoral yet.

There was conversation here on TRF about Fergie actually visiting the Queen and staying at Balmoral itself. This kind of affirms that she has and is.

Its nice that the entire family can be together and vacation together. I'm wondering if Beatrice will make her way up there also as it is her birthday.
Yes, Sarah has been visiting the Queen for some time now. Their relationship has been good for years.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Duchess of York joined Prince Andrew and their daughter Princess Eugenie as they arrived in Scotland yesterday to holiday with the Queen at Balmoral.
That article has too many negative implications to even count!

Flew in on a private jet instead of using inexpensive air fare, Beatrice is on holiday, etc. etc.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Majesty

I didn't read the article but being the Fail, I wouldn't expect it to be based in actual reality.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Exclusive: rich man uses private plane for holiday.

In other news ...... staying at Balmoral can mean staying in the castle or staying on the estate. Does the DF say which (I wont read it either)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think Beatrice will go up to Balmoral too. The family make their way there to spend some time with The Queen and Prince Philip for the summer.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know what the big deal is with Andrew using a private plane. Doesn't Charles and Camilla? Doesn't William, Kate, and family? How many times have we ever heard of any member of the royal family flying commercial -- few and far between! The Andrew obsession with some people is ridiculous.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Majesty

Tack a moniker like "Air Miles Andy" onto Andrew and any means of transportation by him is suspect. Its the Fail's favorite hobby.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I don't know what the big deal is with Andrew using a private plane. Doesn't Charles and Camilla? Doesn't William, Kate, and family? How many times have we ever heard of any member of the royal family flying commercial -- few and far between! The Andrew obsession with some people is ridiculous.

I might be wrong but I think William and Harry fly commercial. Anyway as long as Andrew and Sarah pay their way it's fine
Old 08-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Majesty

I am so sick of the continual bile poured on the Yorks. Sarah and Andrew clearly love each other deeply and for those who want to quantify forgiveness, whatever has she done to any of us that we should be called upon to forgive?

There are three sides to every story: his, hers and the truth. They have dealt with the fallout of their divorce and scandals so who the hell are we to judge her or their relationship. A lot of people seem to overlook the fact that the media has gone out of their way in every underhanded and downright cruel way they could think of to set Sarah up. And, after all these years I have come to the conclusion that she is a gullible woman, easily bamboozled and, in short, an easy mark.

For years I have read people judging her and saying "well you'd think she'd know by now" or "it's not as if she doesn't know what she's doing. The fact that HM Queen Elizabeth II has her as a regular guest at Balmoral speaks volumes. No, more than that, it speaks virtual libraries because she recognises something about Sarah that the DM et al do not. There is not one single malicious bone in her body. I think she is completely without guile.

But, most important of all, she still loves Andrew and he also loves her still and is never seen to laugh so much or even smile except when he is with her and her children adore her. And who doesn't like to have happy loving people around them? We know she goes to Balmoral quite frequently, albeit in Philip's absence, but for all we know she could be taking tea with HM on a regular basis and we would never know.

What we do know is that Sarah thinks the Queen is the most forgiving woman in the world. I myself have always looked at her as a somewhat adorable rambunctious Labrador puppy, bouncing around all over the place and loving everyone she meets. I don't know why but that's just the way I see he.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Yorks usually go up the weekend or two before the Queen moves into the castle proper - when Philip will join her. They will be gone by then as Sarah isn't welcome when Philip is around and so the rest of the family also tend to leave - as they do on Christmas Day - put in the morning church appearances and then leave asap to spend the rest of the day with Sarah and then to the snow for the rest of the season.

I would therefore expect that the Yorks will be there this week but by next week will be holidaying somewhere warm or exotic but not at Balmoral where Sarah isn't welcome once Philip arrives.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post

Lots of times when a private plane is used is borrowed from others. The Cambridges have used the Duke of Westminster's plane multiple times. But they also have flown commercial like when they went to Mustique. They flew BA to St Lucia and then transferred to smaller plane to Mustique. Kate even flew BA for her day trip to the Netherlands.

The Yorks could have also borrowed someone's plane too.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Lots of times when a private plane is used is borrowed from others. The Cambridges have used the Duke of Westminster's plane multiple times. But they also have flown commercial like when they went to Mustique. They flew BA to St Lucia and then transferred to smaller plane to Mustique. Kate even flew BA for her day trip to the Netherlands.

The Yorks could have also borrowed someone's plane too.
Or taken the train?
Isn't that what the Queen sometimes does?

And it does seem so hypocritical with some famous people who are all worried about the environment (Clean Water, anyone?) but would never forego their private planes.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

York Family News and Pictures 2: September 2015

The Queen takes the train to Sandringham at Christmas, but it kinda like the Hogwarts Express. The first class section is bought out and it's only about an hour trip. But all her luggage and the Corgis aren't on the train. It's about a 4.5 hr train trip from London to Edinburgh and couple more to Aberdeen and it's about a hr drive to Balmoral. So a train from London to Balmoral is an all day trip.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am so sick of the continual bile poured on the Yorks. Sarah and Andrew clearly love each other deeply and for those who want to quantify forgiveness, whatever has she done to any of us that we should be called upon to forgive?

There are three sides to every story: his, hers and the truth. They have dealt with the fallout of their divorce and scandals so who the hell are we to judge her or their relationship. A lot of people seem to overlook the fact that the media has gone out of their way in every underhanded and downright cruel way they could think of to set Sarah up. And, after all these years I have come to the conclusion that she is a gullible woman, easily bamboozled and, in short, an easy mark.

For years I have read people judging her and saying "well you'd think she'd know by now" or "it's not as if she doesn't know what she's doing. The fact that HM Queen Elizabeth II has her as a regular guest at Balmoral speaks volumes. No, more than that, it speaks virtual libraries because she recognises something about Sarah that the DM et al do not. There is not one single malicious bone in her body. I think she is completely without guile.

But, most important of all, she still loves Andrew and he also loves her still and is never seen to laugh so much or even smile except when he is with her and her children adore her. And who doesn't like to have happy loving people around them? We know she goes to Balmoral quite frequently, albeit in Philip's absence, but for all we know she could be taking tea with HM on a regular basis and we would never know.

What we do know is that Sarah thinks the Queen is the most forgiving woman in the world. I myself have always looked at her as a somewhat adorable rambunctious Labrador puppy, bouncing around all over the place and loving everyone she meets. I don't know why but that's just the way I see he.

So you think it's ok to sell access to Prince Andrew ? Which to me shows what she will do for money
Old 08-09-2017, 02:45 AM
Courtier

I wouldn't call going to Balmoral for a couple of days once a year, which Sarah has done the last couple of years, a frequent visitor. Remember all the speculation that Beatrice was getting engaged a couple of years ago when Sarah was first spotted going to Balmoral for a couple of days?
The Queen indulges Andrew, Beatrice's birthday typically occurs at that time, thus Sarah visits. I'm sure Sarah is a grateful visitor and the Queen a gracious hostess.
Personally I think Phillip is an astute judge of character and unwilling to suffer fools lightly and it's telling that Sarah must be gone before he arrives - that to me says it all.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Does Fergie actually stay in the castle? Or merely on the grounds?

I thought I read that her family visits the Queen but then spends time with Fergie at another house on the estate.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Does Fergie actually stay in the castle? Or merely on the grounds?

I thought I read that her family visits the Queen but then spends time with Fergie at another house on the estate.
They are most likely staying in Balmoral itself.

What you're talking about is when Sarah used to go to Sandringham for Christmas.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
The Queen indulges Andrew, Beatrice's birthday typically occurs at that time, thus Sarah visits. I'm sure Sarah is a grateful visitor and the Queen a gracious hostess.
Beatrice didn't go this time, apparently, even though it was her birthday yesterday.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson