The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2017, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Really I never said a child can't have a birthday party that is just twisting my words for the sake of it. You can see the difference. But anyway I'm out of Internet next few days so you can twist away

Old 07-13-2017, 07:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Designer Stella McCartney is 'furious with the Beckhams for posting a picture of her daughter alongside Harper at lavish Buckingham Palace tea party'

Old 07-13-2017, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Now there's someone that does it right.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe I'm dense but I'm not understanding what all the fuss is about.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

York Family News and Pictures 2: September 2015

I have to say; I do think that the whole birthday location was a bit extravagant. I'm sure Harper wouldn't have cared less if she had gone to a local hall or had the party at home - as long as there's some fun games, a bouncy castle and face painting, young children generally aren't really fussed about where they have their birthdays.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm not sure if the Yorks should be "blamed/attacked" for this though, because we don't even know if they are 'responsible' for letting the Beckhams host Harper's birthday at the palace.
They are responsible. The party was held in Andrew's private apartments at BP and at the York family invitation and the refreshments paid for by Andrew.

There is no other way they could have had the party at BP otherwise. It is never for rent to private parties.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The party was in the 'private' apartments. The issue isn't with the royals having a private birthday party for their friends but that the friends happen to be the Beckhams - who are loathed by so many people - and the fact that it was the Yorks who hosted the party - and they are loathed by even more of the people.

If this had been Anne hosting them in her private apartment there, or Edward, then it wouldn't be garnering anywhere near the animosity.

The second issue is the releasing of the photos. Most of the royals have private events in their private apartments which they pay for themselves but the visitors don't advertise the facts by posting photos of the event everywhere - that was tacky by the Beckhams and only adds to the dislike of this family and the York's.

What I can see happening is a ban on the royal family having such private events with friends inside BP or KP or CH due to this - which would be unfortunate but could easily be the fall-out.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Might have been better all around if Andrew had insisted on the party being held at Royal Lodge instead of BP. Royal Lodge seemed to be good enough for his daughters' birthday parties. I just don't think the Yorks thought this thing through much. They probably also never figured that the Beckhams would go so public with the photos either.

It'll be a mistake that's never repeated again. That's for sure.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The party was in the 'private' apartments. The issue isn't with the royals having a private birthday party for their friends but that the friends happen to be the Beckhams - who are loathed by so many people - and the fact that it was the Yorks who hosted the party - and they are loathed by even more of the people.
Exactly. I found a funny caption this! today:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...0025987522.jpg
Philip muttering - 'Now, can somebody check those bloody Beckham haven't sneaked back in!'
Old 07-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
They are responsible. The party was held in Andrew's private apartments at BP and at the York family invitation and the refreshments paid for by Andrew.

There is no other way they could have had the party at BP otherwise. It is never for rent to private parties.
It seems that I missed that part of the report. I edited that particular part of my post.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-18-2017, 01:39 AM
Majesty

Prince Andrew with Sarah have a dinner last night in Mayfair , London

Fergie and Prince Andrew mix it with celebs at steakhouse | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-18-2017, 03:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Prince Andrew with Sarah have a dinner last night in Mayfair , London

Fergie and Prince Andrew mix it with celebs at steakhouse | Daily Mail Online
The good times just continue, for these two!
Old 07-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The good times just continue, for these two!
I saw the pictures, and he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself. But, his default expression is somewhat stern, so what do I know.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I saw the pictures, and he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself. But, his default expression is somewhat stern, so what do I know.

I wonder if he's just lonely, and that's why he puts up with Fergie?

I know he once proposed marriage to another woman after the divorce, but she turned him down.
And unlike Charles, he doesn't seem to have a close circle of friends.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Andrew and Sarah has always been soulmates. They don't move on because they want to be together. Even the late Queen Mother knew that.

The only time I think Andrew is lonely is when he's on official engagements and tours. It's lonely doing all that work on your own and for so many years.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-18-2017, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I wonder if he's just lonely, and that's why he puts up with Fergie?

I know he once proposed marriage to another woman after the divorce, but she turned him down.
And unlike Charles, he doesn't seem to have a close circle of friends.
I've always admired Prince Andrew, ever since the Falklands conflict.

I'm his age. I saw him in the paper, with that rose when he came back from the South Atlantic. All I cared about at the time was ....what any empty-headed young person cared about --- the weekend.

Still, he registered. He was so handsome. Google "Prince Andrew Young". He was quite that cat's meow.

Nowadays, I still admire him. I like his fortitude, I like his ..royal aplomb, if that's the term. HRH The Princess Margaret is deceased, so someone has to carry the trident.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Andrew and Sarah has always been soulmates. They don't move on because they want to be together. Even the late Queen Mother knew that.

The only time I think Andrew is lonely is when he's on official engagements and tours. It's lonely doing all that work on your own and for so many years.
It was odd that the Daily M. was so bold in saying that they do not have an intimate relationship. How do they know? The Daily Mail is so caught up in side-boobs and pins and underboobs and hot felons...where was I?

Anyway, IMHO the Queen Mother was eventually horrified by Fergie. Fergie wore off after ....say, 18 months. There might have been a honeymoon period at first, but after the Budgie character was, let's say, FULLY exploited, QEQM pulled the plug.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
It was odd that the Daily M. was so bold in saying that they do not have an intimate relationship. How do they know? The Daily Mail is so caught up in side-boobs and pins and underboobs and hot felons...where was I?

Anyway, IMHO the Queen Mother was eventually horrified by Fergie. Fergie wore off after ....say, 18 months. There might have been a honeymoon period at first, but after the Budgie character was, let's say, FULLY exploited, QEQM pulled the plug.
Emotions are always raw when family are having issues with one another. I believe The Queen Mother made her comments after the York divorce.

In reality it doesn't matter who shuts out who, Andrew and Sarah's relationship as always been close. They've dated others, but at the end of the day, they like being together as a family and the rest of the royal family do respect that.

I know some people dream of the day Andrew drops Sarah like a overly hot potato, but he's proven that she's a non-negotiable part of his life. The same for her part. Their divorce and all the drama never tore them apart.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Aristocracy

HM thinks Sarah is not worthy of comment, and it has been this way for decades.

HM never said anything about Sarah Ferguson in any form what so ever. Ever. Nothing. Period.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
HM thinks Sarah is not worthy of comment, and it has been this way for decades.

HM never said anything about Sarah Ferguson in any form what so ever. Ever. Nothing. Period.
I'm talking about the late Queen Mother. Not The Queen. The Queen has a pretty nice relationship with Sarah.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson