The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Beckham paid Fergie a lot of money to get access. Wouldn't be the first time for her to do something like that.
The first thing I thought of too. The Beckham's seem to be relentless social climbers and David never misses an opportunity to appear close to the royals. I believe he would be willing to pay a lot for that birthday tea at the palace and given Fergie and Andrew's past money grabbing antics.....well, let's just say the whole situation dosn't look good for everyone involved.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Sarah's past selling access to her husband means it doesn't take a lot for the media to suggest thats what has been done here.
Yeah, we know the media would of course be quick to jump on that bandwagon, but there's no proof of any of that whatsoever. So going down that speculation is just wrong.

Members of the royal family do host private events at the royal residences. Nothing goes on in Buckingham Palace without The Queen's permission and knowledge. She's kept up to date about everything the family do and where they go. Even If there's some unwanted hanky panky going on, her staff let her know about it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-11-2017, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought the same thing: that somehow Fergie benefits from this.

(We'll see if she starts turning up in items from Victoria's clothing line!)
Old 07-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Regardless of if it was Sarah or Andrew, the fact remains that what came out of it made it seem like Buckingham Palace is "for rent" to anyone with enough money to fork over to have a "palace" party for their kid. It didn't help matters that Eugenie posed with the little girls which made her look like a "princess for hire". I'm sure that Andrew will hear about it from his mother but we'll never know about it. Either way, the Yorks were careless in not setting certain parameters for this "tea party" and making sure that as it was a private party, it should remain private.

How soon is BP being closed down for renovations? Right now I'm thinking the quicker the better.
Well, I'm sure this tempest in a teapot will settle down as soon as the next headline grabbing event happens. But the obvious question is if BP is mostly for 'private events' for the Royal Family then why aren't they the ones paying for the renovations out of their own pocket or at least paying for the % which is used for private purposes?
Second question is why can the Beckhams post photos taken where the public who actually pay to visit aren't allowed to take them - seems rather unfair that Joe Public who spends his hard earned cash to visit BP is forbidden from taking photos for 'security' or whatever reasons yet the multi millionaire Beckhams can both take and post photos on the internet.
Perhaps BP can raise the funds for the renovations by hosting paid for tea parties for 6 year olds w/ a promise that a real princess will visit for poses and pictures just like Disney does w/ faux Princesses. Sarah can organize the tea parties.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

I think the fact the pictures were so publicly shared shows that the Beckhams and Yorks aren't that close and this was a first time visit for them. If they visited so often they wouldn't post pictures on social media as they would just be visiting friends 'at home'.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

I don't fault the Beckhams for taking up on an invitation to BP to do something special for the little cutie, if that's what happened. The resulting blame-game is making it all worse.

I personally thought that Angelina Jolie and her son taking a private evening tour of Buckingham Palace (about 2-3 months ago) was way more offensive.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Says it all really
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ew-Fergie.html
Old 07-12-2017, 01:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I don't fault the Beckhams for taking up on an invitation to BP to do something special for the little cutie, if that's what happened. The resulting blame-game is making it all worse.

I personally thought that Angelina Jolie and her son taking a private evening tour of Buckingham Palace (about 2-3 months ago) was way more offensive.
IMO Angelina Jolie who is the mother of six, an Oscar winner, a director and actress and an Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations… and an humanitarian and now an Honorary Dame by HM is more of the stuff that HM seems to care about then a football player and his wife who are clearly social climbers and from viewing their pictures (as that is all we have) are nothing but people who think that their money will buy them entrance to BP. IMO all these 2 people are after is status and wealth and think that HM is their new best friend though Prince Andrew and Sarah....I sure hope not for then the republicans will be out in full force trying to displace HM and the entire family.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:55 AM
Majesty

The difference between Angelina and David is not who is the better person. The difference is the type of visit

Private tour of the public part if the palace va private event

Angelina had a private tour if the palace. Of state rooms and public spaces. The part of the palace that is a public building.

The Beckhams on the other hand were guests in private apartments.

What the critics seem to forget is the palace is also a residence for members of the royal family. Not just the queen. Including Andrew. He didn't invite them to have a tea party in the state banquet room. Or anything else related to his mother or being a sovereign. It was in his private apartments.

Royals do this alll the time. They do have private lives. If Camilla and Charles had a dinner party at Clarence House would people complain? If Kate and Will had a party for three friends at Kensington no one would blink. Meghan stays with Harry and no one complains.

The only difference is it is the Yorks. Any reason to dirty them is taken.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Royals do this alll the time. They do have private lives. If Camilla and Charles had a dinner party at Clarence House would people complain? If Kate and Will had a party for three friends at Kensington no one would blink. Meghan stays with Harry and no one complains.

The only difference is it is the Yorks. Any reason to dirty them is taken.
I wonder why. Of course royals have private lives but with the Yorks, very often personal benefit or at least something dodgy is involved/behind the motivation.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Let's not forget what has happened to London the last couple of months. So many young people killed or their parents have died. Homeless with nothing and the Yorks throw a princess experience party for a privileged 6 year old
Extremely bad taste at the very least no matter who did it
Old 07-12-2017, 07:38 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I most definitely agree. Its one thing to invite your friends over to a dinner party or tea in your royal apartments at BP like the Yorks did as that has happened many, many times. It was extremely bad taste and poor form to not set parameters with the guests as what is allowed and what is not allowed and to request that the party be strictly treated as a private matter and the general rule for *everybody* is that no pictures are allowed to be taken while in BP. Andrew, above all, should have known better.

It also reflected badly on the Beckhams' part not only to post the pictures and allude to things that caused quite a bit of backlash, but it also reflects these parents as blatantly using their child to garner popularity and admiration from the general masses. It was a "look at what *WE* can do and you can't" kind of a move with a whole lot of name dropping to boot.

None involved in this fiasco (excepting the six year olds) showed any kind of class whatsoever. These are people that wonder why the press has a field day with them.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Let's not forget what has happened to London the last couple of months. So many young people killed or their parents have died. Homeless with nothing and the Yorks throw a princess experience party for a privileged 6 year old
Extremely bad taste at the very least no matter who did it

So I have major issues with the situation. Like I think it's completely out of line that Sarah has basically sold her ex-husbands home and her daughter for the Beckhams.

However, I disagree that you can compare the goings on in London with somebody having a birthday party. All that had to happen is for nobody to post pictures. Then nobody would know. Harper Beckham can have a birthday party, a princess experience one because she's allowed. You cannot blame Harper for her parents and who she was born to. It's like attacking Eugenie for Sarah's mistakes. Shouldn't happen.

Whilst this situation is a huge failure on the PR part, live goes on. Atrocities happen, if you're going to say the above then you might as well say that the State Visit shouldn't happen because look at all those ladies in tiaras.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's like attacking Eugenie for Sarah's mistakes. Shouldn't happen.

But shouldn't Eugenie realize that it is a major mistake to take part in these things?

It's been said that Fergie and Andrew never learn, but Eugenie ought to know better after all the blunders her parents have made in the past.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:49 AM

York's can never win. This story reminded me of Beatrice and Ed Sheeran last year and everything that was done about it, and it was not even that.
So the parts we do not know make a lot of difference, about what really happened.

I think it's my first comment, sorry my English.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But shouldn't Eugenie realize that it is a major mistake to take part in these things?

It's been said that Fergie and Andrew never learn, but Eugenie ought to know better after all the blunders her parents have made in the past.

I was genuinely referring to things that have happened previously. But whilst to some extent I agree for me it depends on what the situation Eugenie walked into. It could have been "there's a real princess coming to your party", like would you really turn a kid down? Or was she told the whole situation and how it came about, and still went?

The whole issue has stemmed from the fact someone released pictures of put them on social media. Can anyone tell me where they came from? Was it one of the beckhams accounts?
Old 07-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I was genuinely referring to things that have happened previously. But whilst to some extent I agree for me it depends on what the situation Eugenie walked into. It could have been "there's a real princess coming to your party", like would you really turn a kid down? Or was she told the whole situation and how it came about, and still went?

The whole issue has stemmed from the fact someone released pictures of put them on social media. Can anyone tell me where they came from? Was it one of the beckhams accounts?
Yes Beckham posted 2 pictures and then another one with some explaining to do (I guess someone 'asked' him to clarify).
Old 07-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So I have major issues with the situation. Like I think it's completely out of line that Sarah has basically sold her ex-husbands home and her daughter for the Beckhams.

However, I disagree that you can compare the goings on in London with somebody having a birthday party. All that had to happen is for nobody to post pictures. Then nobody would know. Harper Beckham can have a birthday party, a princess experience one because she's allowed. You cannot blame Harper for her parents and who she was born to. It's like attacking Eugenie for Sarah's mistakes. Shouldn't happen.

Whilst this situation is a huge failure on the PR part, live goes on. Atrocities happen, if you're going to say the above then you might as well say that the State Visit shouldn't happen because look at all those ladies in tiaras.

State visits are for political reasons we all know that ..can't be compared to the birthday party
Old 07-13-2017, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Royal Toadies: How that Palace party was reward for decades of bowing and scraping by the Beckhams

How Palace party was reward for the Beckhams* | Daily Mail Online

Maybe some consolation for the Knighthood dream being over.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
State visits are for political reasons we all know that ..can't be compared to the birthday party

It can. As for a political visit you certainly don't need a gigantic banquet, horse guards on parade and the full pomp and ceremony. Felipe can turn up, meet The Queen, speak in parliament and go home. We have the pomp for tradition. Therefore if you're going to say a kid can't have a birthday party because people have died, what about the other celebrations going on in the world? We've got to carry on.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson