The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The proof is 'her word.'

Andrew therefore has equal proof - his word - that nothing happened.
Bertie, it is not equal proof, at least not here in the U.S.

By going into court with this, Roberts has subjected herself to the possibility of federal perjury charges - likely felonies, should she be proven a liar, to the possibility of sanctions should this be proven a frivolous litigation, and to the derision of the world, and the possibility of making enemies of some very powerful people. Most of us would think twice about going into Federal court with true information, let alone false, under such circumstances.

By making statements from behind the walls of spokespersons at BP - Andrew subjects himself to none of these things.

I realize that she might be completely discredited -but thus far there are some compelling reasons to believe her. I have not made up my mind on this issue -but I've got to say if I had to vote, and had to do it today - I'd vote for her

What I find very interesting, from all I have read, is that in her accounts (not saying it's true, I'm saying in her accounts), she was flown about the world to have sex with Andrew outside of Florida (where she was under the age of consent) to places she she was above. What would this say Andrew's planning of these events? Did Andrew conspire to have her moved across state and international lines or was he just surprised by her showing up, like some sort of surprise present? What does he say about Andrew's ignorance about whether Roberts and other girls were paid for sex?

Perhaps, if she were going to lie, she should have kept it simple -yes, we had sex in the mansion in Florida. Period. Why go through the elaborate lie and in doing so place the sex acts in places where evidence of Andrew's alleged commission of crimes would be harder to prove (i.e. trafficking and prostitution vs. plain old statutory rape, where state of mind is not a necessary element in the case?)

Just a few questions flowing through my head - if you are going to make something up, and go into court with it - why fabricate the story in the manner she did?

Old 03-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I see no connection with the Duke of York.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

You have to be 18 to secure an individual passport. If she was underage, she would have had to either lie on the application or travel on a fake passport. Implications?
Old 03-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
You have to be 18 to secure an individual passport. If she was underage, she would have had to either lie on the application or travel on a fake passport. Implications?
Do you? My daughters were about six months when they got their passports. I don't know what the procedures in England are. But to me it doesn't seem such an inpossibility.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I think 18 is without parents permission. If you are under age, your parent is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Definitely. "I am a truth machine."

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Actually I'd love to see Andrew in Judge Judy's court room. She sorts things out Haha

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I think 18 is without parents permission. If you are under age, your parent is needed.
Is it alleged somewhere that Roberts got a passport without her parents' permission?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Please note that off topic posts have been deleted.

Any and all questions should be directed to a member of the TRF moderation team.

Zonk

Old 03-15-2015, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

US prosecutors ask judge to throw Prince Andrew's accuser Virginia Roberts's case out of court* | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Prince Andrew’s chances of appearing in a US court over ‘sex slave’ allegations receded last night, after authorities mounted a legal challenge against the woman who claims she slept with him.

Prosecutors have asked a judge in Florida to reject Virginia Roberts’s plea to join a seven-year legal battle being waged by two other women.

They are suing the US Government over the lenient treatment of convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, jailed for 18 months in 2008.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Well... there comes the monkey out of the sleeve...
Old 03-15-2015, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Is anyone surprised?
Old 03-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I am not. I knew the State Attorney would advice the Court to reject the case when it became clear that former Vice-President and Mrs Gore have never ever set foot on Epstein’s private island, contrary to Ms Roberts' claim.

Then the strong improbability that the United States Secret Service would ever have allowed Mr Epstein’s girlfriend (then a novice helicopter pilot) to fly the sitting President of the United States to the island like Ms Roberts had claimed...

The legal defences from Mr Epstein, Mr Dershowitz, Mrs Maxwell, they would have used bazookas to blow all claims by Ms Roberts in shatters. So the State Attorney had to be sure, very sure, that he had a strong case with a clear evidence. He had not.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I am not. I knew the State Attorney would advice the Court to reject the case when it became clear that former Vice-President and Mrs Gore have never ever set foot on Epstein’s private island, contrary to Ms Roberts' claim.

Then the strong improbability that the United States Secret Service would ever have allowed Mr Epstein’s girlfriend (then a novice helicopter pilot) to fly the sitting President of the United States to the island like Ms Roberts had claimed...
She was claiming all this? I have not followed any of it closely. This explains it. They did their due diligence and find her story wanting. She over-reached methinks, so if there is any smidgeon of truth to her essential grievance, she's lost all credibility. Very sad situation for her, but she made her choices.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The following phrases sum it up:

[...]

In the new filing at Palm Beach County Court, prosecutors say Roberts was happy to receive an out-of-court settlement from Epstein, knowing the non-prosecution agreement had been signed.

[...]

Legal experts said prosecutors had a strong case and believe it is likely a judge will side with them. US lawyer Charles Hayes said: ‘The government just have to prove Roberts was aware of the [immunity] agreement and a judge will favour them.'

[...]

Old 03-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
She was claiming all this? I have not followed any of it closely. This explains it. They did their due diligence and find her story wanting. She over-reached methinks, so if there is any smidgeon of truth to her essential grievance, she's lost all credibility. Very sad situation for her, but she made her choices.
Yep, she claimed all of this. But to be fair, she did state that Al or Tipper Gore were not involved in any of the shenanigans. She just said that she met them once and they seemed like a beautiful couple.

Bill was not a sitting president at the time of the alleged helicopter ride. He had just left office. Virginia claimed that Maxwell Ghislaine (not Epstein's girlfriend) flew him to the island. She never says from where, but I assume Maxwell picked him up from the local airport and dropped him off at the island - since it looks like the only way to get to the island from the airport is by air. According to Virginia, Maxwell got her license a couple of years before, so it's not inconceivable that she could have flown a short distance with a co-pilot.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Majesty

Given your first quote, I think that perhaps this latest suit really was 'all about the money.'
Old 03-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Yep, she claimed all of this. But to be fair, she did state that Al or Tipper Gore were not involved in any of the shenanigans. She just said that she met them once and they seemed like a beautiful couple.
She never claimed the shenanigans part, but she claimed Vice-President and Mrs Gore were at Mr Epstein's island. When the US State Attorney and/or the lawyers from Epstein/Maxwell/Dershowitz/&tc. can prove this is nonsense, her already not too solid credibility is in shatters...
Old 03-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

As far as Andrew is concerned however the mud will stick and the name calling 'paedo' etc is all over the internet with many people already believing he is guilty and without a 'day in court' and a clear judgement in his favour his reputation will remain in tatters.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:05 PM
Majesty

Yes, the mud will stick. However, I think that even if Prince Andrew went to court to deny that anything happened, the mud would still stick. It's so unfortunate that he's had shady friends over the years, because it means that everything he does is now suspect.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Time heals everything. In the coming ten years we probably will have King Charles, the Prince of Wales, young Prince George going to his teenage years. The Duke of York will, like the Kents, the Gloucesters, the Princess Royal and the Wessexes more and more fade away to the shadows of "the extended royal family". Then something shady once claimed by an US citizen without any proof, document, witness, will soon be history. Internet is full with bogus stories.