The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
And while I'm thinking about this Koo stark piece what has prince Charles being nice to her when she hit heads and thinking she was going to a petrol station for dinner with Andrew got to do with Andrews good character ? Why talk about her life 30 years ago now ? ??
I would imagine she has because, as a lot of us do, when allegations are presented about a friend that goes against the grain of a long standing friendship and that friend doesn't have the option to defend himself, the first instinct is to speak up and stand behind what one believes to be the truth in the character makeup of said friend.

I thought Koo's recollections of her time as Andrew's girlfriend and the anecdotes during that time period were a way of accentuating just how close the relationship was at the time with only giving her own personal incidents (and I admit, I found them quite amusing myself) as insight. There was nothing in the article that I think the BRF would be aghast at and along with showing support years down the road for Andrew, it probably also gave him a chuckle to remember those times. It had no elements of the "tell all" tabloid yellow journalistic innuendo or finger pointing and for that its one article that the Daily Mail has published that I can respect. It wasn't a self seeking ambition to me nor was it done for money or publicity or any other reason than she was standing up for someone she cared for and still cares for.

How many of us really can say that should something similar to us happened that friends from years ago could open up and stand up and do the same for us? I think if we can think of just one, we're blessed.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure how much good an article like this does.. It just prolongs Andrews agony, keeps the sex slave allegations in the headlines and at the end of the day, I don't think Koo's opinion of Andrew is likely to sway public opinion one way or the other.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

To me it does poke some holes in Virginia Roberts story- like her diaries were written 8 yrs later and Andrew ordering drinks at the club and manhandling her. Andrew is well know for not drinking alcohol and I would think a British Prince would get noticed in a London club.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Oh dear! What is it with Andrews ex'es? Nothing they can say has any bearing on what he might or might not have done with respect to Roberts or Epstein. All he has been accused of by Roberts is having sex with him. How on earth can either Sarah or Koo know whether he did or not? They weren't there and, like a lot of people, he has lots of different facets and would not necessarily reveal all of them to his ex-girlfriend or wife. We still don't know whether or not Andrew wrote submissions in support of a lenient sentence for Epstein, though we might find that out.
Exactly, what does she know? She wasn't there. And why does she reveal a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with the case (meeting Charles etc)
Old 02-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Oh dear! What is it with Andrews ex'es? Nothing they can say has any bearing on what he might or might not have done with respect to Roberts or Epstein. All he has been accused of by Roberts is having sex with him. How on earth can either Sarah or Koo know whether he did or not? They weren't there and, like a lot of people, he has lots of different facets and would not necessarily reveal all of them to his ex-girlfriend or wife. We still don't know whether or not Andrew wrote submissions in support of a lenient sentence for Epstein, though we might find that out.
She wrote it because the BRF is fighting in the court of public opinion - it's all about Andrew's image at this point and they are trying to rehabilitate it. The actual allegations will never be tried in a court of law - because Andrew refuses to bring a defamation suit.

Despite the old refrain "innocent until proven guilty," that's NOT the way it works in the court of public opinion.

And by public opinion, I don't mean posters here who are inclined to believe Roberts over Andrew- I mean the British public.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

Gosh, what a bunch of cynics!
I thought her memories and character defense of Andrew were rather sweet and charming. I can't believe a British Prince would be a clumsy galumphing dancer, particularly since he's a well-known non- drinker. And if he was seen behaving that way in Annabel's, the story would have been reported somewhere in the tabloids. I feel sorry for Miss Roberts, but I don't necessarily believe her.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Royal Highness

My take on this. I think she is doing it as a friend wanting to help. I don't see it cynically. But I don't think this will help in any way. Not do it worse, but keep it in the news which is the last thing he wants...
Old 02-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
My take on this. I think she is doing it as a friend wanting to help. I don't see it cynically. But I don't think this will help in any way. Not do it worse, but keep it in the news which is the last thing he wants...
I rather agree. As I remember her she was a good egg, gorgeous, had a sense of humor, was a bit naive and celebrity struck. The press could not wait to eat her alive and as much as she knew it was an opportunity, they ate her alive. She certainly has aged beautifully! And still seems to be fairly well balanced, if a bit less naive and celebrity struck.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I liked the comment from Charles when she got the curtsey wrong at Balmoral - shows that he really does have a caring side.

I have always felt that this is who Andrew should have married. He met Sarah on the rebound but if he had married Koo I suspect they would still be together - don't know why but I do think she has that something to have survived the marrying in issues with the BRF.
Perhaps, although her subsequent marriage ended in divorce and her custody battle with her daughter's father became tabloid fodder. I wonder how the BRF would have dealt with her commitment to Buddhism, although perhaps she would not have followed that path if she and Andrew had married.
Her take that Andrew was a great BF 30 years ago and has remained a good friend doesn't really address the issues of his questionable friendships and financial dealings with shady characters, which to my mind are more troubling than the sensational Roberts claims. He has a position thanks to his birth, he undertakes certain activities for that same reason, is he using that position for his personal gain and in doing so or even in appearing to do so does he weaken the monarchy's position in the political climate of today?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that Koo probably spoke about Andrew to try and help an old friend. She may well have been pestered by tabs to say something.

They, especially the Daily Fail, would like this story to keep running and it has temporarily ground to a halt in the US. If it was going full blazes they wouldn't be interested in Koo Stark.

However, I also agree that it's not likely to help Andrew or the BRF, who just want this thing to die off quickly.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I agree that Koo probably spoke about Andrew to try and help an old friend. She may well have been pestered by tabs to say something.

They, especially the Daily Fail, would like this story to keep running and it has temporarily ground to a halt in the US. If it was going full blazes they wouldn't be interested in Koo Stark.

However, I also agree that it's not likely to help Andrew or the BRF, who just want this thing to die off quickly.
I think it's about to pick up steam again in the U.S. as the New York Post has picked up on the Bill Clinton connection. With the presidential election next year and Hillary a frontrunner, this is going to stay with us for quite some time, and will put pressure on the judiciary to order the federal prosecutors to turn over more evidence. I had been waiting for the Bill Clinton shoe to drop - I'm surprised it took all of six weeks

Bill’s libido threatens to derail Hillary — again | New York Post
Old 02-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I think it's about to pick up steam again in the U.S. as the New York Post has picked up on the Bill Clinton connection. With the presidential election next year and Hillary a frontrunner, this is going to stay with us for quite some time, and will put pressure on the judiciary to order the federal prosecutors to turn over more evidence. I had been waiting for the Bill Clinton shoe to drop - I'm surprised it took all of six weeks

Bill’s libido threatens to derail Hillary — again | New York Post
I'm surprised. Thought this would get buried...
Old 02-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I'm surprised. Thought this would get buried...
Bill Clinton on the Lolita Express??? The headlines were just too good to pass up.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Bill Clinton on the Lolita Express??? The headlines were just too good to pass up.
I know, that's why I was surprised it didn't blow up right from the beginning.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, yeah! With Hillary in the Presidential race I had no doubt that we'd be hearing more about Billy Boy and Epstein! The Bill and Monica stories were such fun in their time, and who could ever forget his "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"? It's one of the most memorable clips from recent popular history. No way in the wide world would the press let this opportunity slip away. It was a treat to savour and chew over and play with and toss up again and again when they think the timing is right.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Koo Stark has painted a fascinating picture of life with Prince Andrew, in an attempt to defend him against allegations of a relationship with a teenage “sex slave”.
Koo, who dated Prince Andrew 32 years ago, doubts the veracity of claims made by Virginia Roberts about being forced to offer sexual favours to the Duke of York. “I have only known him to be honourable and honest, with Christian values,” she wrote at the weekend, before describing the time the Duke pushed in front of her on their first date, saying “I am a Prince – I go first”.
Honourable indeed!
The real reason why Koo Stark is speaking out in defence of Prince Andrew - Telegraph

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

“I am a Prince – I go first”.

Good grief! Apparently the writer doesn't understand that this was a joke. But then it's always good print if you want to trash someone.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

The actual point of the article is to question the veracity of Koo. Was she paid for her rush to defend Andy?
Old 02-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The actual point of the article is to question the veracity of Koo. Was she paid for her rush to defend Andy?

Yes she sure was.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Yes she sure was.
How much I wonder? Do you know?

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon