The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Uhm, woah! What kind of attack on eldery people is that?! First of all, I'm really sorry that is your experience, and ofc there are a few elderly like that. But I have met soooo many caring, wise older people with such good hearts and willingness to help. What can sometimes come across as not caring when "scandals" show up is that they have lived enough time to know bad times usually are just a blip in the grand scheme of things.
Certainly not an attack on elderly people, just an observation. Of course, it's partly because they have 'seen it all', but it's also because if you are very elderly, you have to keep yourself together. Most 90 year olds are not human dynamos, and have to ration their emotions. I've been a volunteer in a nursing home for nearly 15 years, and I have heard it all from the people I talk with. They want their children to be healthy and successful, but they can't expend their own limited energy on worrying about other things.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-16-2015, 03:35 AM
Royal Highness

Oh dear
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...lleged-4987213

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 01-16-2015, 03:51 AM
Heir Apparent

This sounds promising. I'm a bit disappointed His Honour didn't set a timetable though. Without a timetable to keep parties on their toes, things like this tend to lose momentum. I imagine the plaintiffs will be keen to keep things moving, but the longer it delays, the more opportunity there is for obstacles to arise or be created.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
This sounds promising. I'm a bit disappointed His Honour didn't set a timetable though. Without a timetable to keep parties on their toes, things like this tend to lose momentum. I imagine the plaintiffs will be keen to keep things moving, but the longer it delays, the more opportunity there is for obstacles to arise or be created.
Usually such an order will contain a date (was there a link to the order?). In any event, the plaintiffs' filings will be prompt enough, forcing Epstein to show his hand within the next few weeks. I would expect these filing to be within the next month, but of course, the court's ruling could take some time.

The court is clearly leaning towards disclosure.

But hey, Andrew had BP deny any facilitation of Epstein's sentence. So won't this help clear his name in this regard?
Old 01-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Usually such an order will contain a date (was there a link to the order?). In any event, the plaintiffs' filings will be prompt enough, forcing Epstein to show his hand within the next few weeks. I would expect these filing to be within the next month, but of course, the court's ruling could take some time.

But hey, Andrew had BP deny any facilitation of Epstein's sentence. So won't this help clear his name in this regard?
Haha, yeah. Having Mummy (aka the Queen) as a character witness (not on stand, obviously!) should have some power :P
Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Well this is interesting to say the least .....

BREAKING: We Can Conclusively Prove That #PrinceAndrew Underaged Prostitute Photo is Fake - GotNews

I wonder will the media pick up on this?
I can't make a judgment on whether the photo is fake or not, but Andrew's left arm would have to be extraordinarily long to reach around the woman in the manner shown.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I can't make a judgment on whether the photo is fake or not, but Andrew's left arm would have to be extraordinarily long to reach around the woman in the manner shown.
You are right. I have not noticed it until now.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

I have no doubt that Epstein threw Andrew's name around but, if I understand it correctly, the issue is whether Andrew and others contacted the prosecutor on behalf of Epstein. So the if there is disclosure, it will be of the prosecutor's records.

I think a lot of people will have difficulty with the precedent of releasing that type of information to the prosecutor. Coming to the defense of a scum bag like Epstein is very distasteful, but I can think of a lot of reasons that the prosecutor would not want to make that sort of information public.

What if drug dealers started to use these types of law suits to find out what their friends and relatives really told prosecutors? I can see a lot of people just deciding not to get involved.

The reality is that even if some big names lobbied the prosecutor to reduce Epstein's sentence, the final decision was made by the prosecutor.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
You are right. I have not noticed it until now.
There were someone showing that in the same 700% zoom of their eyes his (or if it was hers, I can't recall) had a much higher pixel-count than the other. That can not happen in pictures where everything was in the picture at the moment of taking it.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't see anything unusual about the way his hand is positioned. If you read the comments from that post, people are saying that the photo isn't photoshopped and differences could be attributed to a number of things. But more importantly, Andrew hasn't denied that he took a photo wth her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Oh dear
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...lleged-4987213

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
It will be interesting to see what's in those papers and find out who lobbied on Epstein's behalf.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I don't see anything unusual about the way his hand is positioned. If you read the comments from that post, people are saying that the photo isn't photoshopped and differences could be attributed to a number of things. But more importantly, Andrew hasn't denied that he took a photo wth her.
I agree there is nothing unusual about the placement of his hand. I have some pictures with my husband that look pretty similar.

This picture would have been taken more than 10 years ago so in all probability, Andrew wouldn't remember either way. I don't think it matters. Both Andrew and Jane Doe #3 were involved with Epstein at the same time and it not unreasonable to assume that they met each other. That would not be a problem as long as Andrew didn't know she was under duress or underaged.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I have no doubt that Epstein threw Andrew's name around but, if I understand it correctly, the issue is whether Andrew and others contacted the prosecutor on behalf of Epstein. So the if there is disclosure, it will be of the prosecutor's records.

I think a lot of people will have difficulty with the precedent of releasing that type of information to the prosecutor. Coming to the defense of a scum bag like Epstein is very distasteful, but I can think of a lot of reasons that the prosecutor would not want to make that sort of information public.

What if drug dealers started to use these types of law suits to find out what their friends and relatives really told prosecutors? I can see a lot of people just deciding not to get involved.

The reality is that even if some big names lobbied the prosecutor to reduce Epstein's sentence, the final decision was made by the prosecutor.
Although I don't know much about prosecutor's records, your reasoning might be why such a thing is done on a case-by-case basis, but courts lean towards disclosure. Once a prosecutor's investigation is complete, my understanding is that they files are subject to Open Records Act requests, but certain information is stautorily subject to exclusion or the prosecutor can move for a protective order, but I'm not that familiar with this area, as I said.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Courtier

If Andrew didn't lobby on Epsteins behalf he has nothing to worry about. I think if something is being requested in the support of a case and it's vital then they need to release it or it looks like even more of a cover up. If it comes out Andrew did lobby for a sex offender I think it will harm him way more then this girls claims. You can excuse Andrew if he didn't know how old the girl was and didn't know she was under duress. You can't excuse him for supporting a convicted sex offender charged with over 40 counts of sex abuse and slavery. The royal reporter said that one of the problems for Andrew is the detail coming out in these claims and that next week more claims could be coming out and Andrew has his official duty in Switzerland and he thinks Andrew is actually going to harm himself more by doing this it will make people focus more on the claims. Also Jane Doe might be doing some television interviews in the States soon. This isn't going to go away her claim hasn't been accepted yet which is why Andrew can't do much according to this mornings report.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:35 PM

True, it could be that Charles has reached out to Andrew on occasion, only to be met with stubbornness. But apart from any feelings of jealousy that Andrew might harbour towards Charles, I suspect that Andrew CRAVES his brother's respect and probably longs for a closer relationship. Sibling relations being what they are, it's also possible that Charles has felt some resentment towards Andrew for being their mother's reported favourite.

As for Sarah, she's been making the rounds of American talk shows promoting her weight-loss product. Can we agree that the woman is well-meaning, but utterly delusional? She and Andrew seem trapped in a disastrous, enabling, self-defeating living arrangement. It floors me that even after her awful betrayal of a few years ago, he's that gullible. The whole set-up is odd in the extreme.

I see that Andrew is going ahead with his trip to Davos. That's the other point: if there were ever an opportunity for him to show that he's capable of serious reflection and, good God, a little humility, it would be now. No sign of that yet...
Old 01-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

'My fight will clear Prince Andrew's name': Harvard Law professor accused alongside royal in 'sex slave' case vows to discredit woman behind the allegations* | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
There were someone showing that in the same 700% zoom of their eyes his (or if it was hers, I can't recall) had a much higher pixel-count than the other. That can not happen in pictures where everything was in the picture at the moment of taking it.
I have absolutely no idea what all that zooming and pixel stuff was about, but now that I look at it again his arm would have to be long to get in that position. I think a person would have to be closer to wrap a hand around a waist.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The thing that gets me about the photo (whether photoshopped or not) is that it is completely innocuous. I can see Andrew posing the same way with either one of his daughters.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Majesty

Yes, I agree, but I have noticed that as time passes, whenever the photo is printed there are only two people in it. There were three to start with which, of course, gives further weight to the innocence of the photo.

It's just like any other "selfie" shot.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

The third person in the photo is Ghislaine Maxwell. She's as bad as Epstein. According to Ms Roberts, Ghislaine Maxwell acted as a Epstein’s pimp, luring underage girls to properties in London, the US and the Virgin Islands
Old 01-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Nobility

Didn't see this coming. He speaks ...
Good decision or bad decision?

Prince Andrew fights back with a Davos denial: Duke's bid to bury underage 'sex slave' claims with dramatic TV appearance* | Daily Mail Online