The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm with you on this one. Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Nobility

Once again. IF we have confirmation that they're government dealings than he has some protection but if there isn't, well we have to wonder what the hell the man is thinking.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Being further away from the throne means nothing, if something happens to the family, something happens.
This is just speculation, but suppose something did happen to William?
Charles is a decade older than Andrew, so it may happen that Andrew would outlive him.

Is it conceivable that Andrew would challenge Harry's right to the throne?
Harry's parentage remains questionable to many people; what if Andrew claimed that his place in the succession should follow William's?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Is it conceivable that Andrew would challenge Harry's right to the throne?
Harry's parentage remains questionable to many people; what if Andrew claimed that his place in the succession should follow William's?
Have we really gone there?

You want the end of the monarchy? There it is.

Yes there are questions but seriously, do you think that Andrew would go that far even if he had proof? Would he honestly ruin his nephew, his family, in such a manner for the crown?

He'd never sit on the throne if he did it, proof or not. The people would never allow anyone willing to go that far to rule because you'd wonder what else he's willing to do to get what he wants. If he's willing to do that to a blood relative than what would he do to his kingdom?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Majesty

As for Andrew and the present time - hopefully he will voluntarily stand down from his current position and spend some time trying to re-establish himself but doing what - who knows - he doesn't really have anything going for him and what charity would want him?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As for Andrew and the present time - hopefully he will voluntarily stand down from his current position and spend some time trying to re-establish himself but doing what - who knows - he doesn't really have anything going for him and what charity would want him?
A golf one?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
A golf one?
Now Now Russo, someone is in a cheeky mood!!!

Anyway it seems the DM isn't letting this go any time soon.

Why did 'rude' Prince Andrew ever get trade role, asks ex-envoy | Mail Online

Oh well, no better woman than his Sarah to get him off the front pages, give her time.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Majesty

This is the same sort of thing that came out months ago with Wikileaks.
The DM is determined to destroy him and his family and they will probably succeed.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

And after that happens, I wonder who the next royal scapegoat will be? If anyone in that family has been seriously up to no good lately, they must be shaking in their shoes.

Quote:
The DM is determined to destroy him and his family and they will probably succeed.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Nobility

To be fair, the girl's have kept their noses clean. If they continue to do so and get jobs or begin doing their part in the Firm I think the pressure on them will lessen as people will lose what little ammunition they believe to have on the girls. The parents? Eh, I think we might have to accept that they'll never really change..
Old 03-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Majesty

I do think it is a pity that the girls weren't given the same press pass that William had while at uni.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Yes I agree, it's more of the same from the Daily Mail.

The story of Andrew being entertained by the Libyan who smuggled a machine gun is from a few years ago and I vaguely remember it, but it bothers me more now.

I think the Daily Mail will probably succeed as well. I know that they don't like the rich and privileged, but they really have it in for the Yorks...I'm not quite sure why. I guess they are easy targets.

Something will give with Andrew's job, eventually--I'm just not quite sure what, yet.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Serene Highness

If Prince Andrew has been acting as any kind of emissary to Libya, I can see why a populist-oriented news paper/tabloid would find him an easy target. If he was sent there (surely he must have been), it is unfair that he got such an unpopular job (whatever it was).
Old 03-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Koo Stark's take on the latest Prince Andrew news: Koo Stark defends her ¿war hero¿ ex Andrew | Mail Online
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
If Prince Andrew has been acting as any kind of emissary to Libya, I can see why a populist-oriented news paper/tabloid would find him an easy target. If he was sent there (surely he must have been), it is unfair that he got such an unpopular job (whatever it was).
I continue to make the point that he'd be in the clear if someone would provide proof that he was there on the job. From the article it seems he was vacationing with the guy. That he reimbursed him doesn't make it look any better.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:

No, they aren't. Andrew is doing that all by himself, and a fine job he is doing, at that.

And this is far more than the Wikileaks, which was basically about his rude behavior. This, here and now, is frolicking with criminals, convicted of wretched crimes. Not alleged criminals, convicted criminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
.... I think the Daily Mail will probably succeed as well. I know that they don't like the rich and privileged, but they really have it in for the Yorks...I'm not quite sure why. I guess they are easy targets.
See my comment above. Sarah and Andrew, all by themselves, make themselves into targets. Look how well Sophie Wessex learned her lesson about not selling access? Poof, one major kerplop, and that was all it took; as far as I can see, she's never set a foot wrong, since. But these two ,these Yorks? Go from scandal to scandal. Easy targets, you say? Yes. Because they make themselves so.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Koo Stark's take on the latest Prince Andrew news: Koo Stark defends her ¿war hero¿ ex Andrew | Mail Online
Maybe she's looking for a bailout from PA. Worked for Sarah. . . .
Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, in my dream scenario, Sarah would become CEO and/or spokeswoman for her own charity for disadvantaged children/youth--something like her Children in Crisis charity, but more based in Britain. There would be drop-in centres for youth across Britain, and she'd spend a few days at each one, interacting with the children. The rest of her time would be spent speaking at schools/community organizations about childhood abandonment, the effects of divorce on children, etc. Sarah would learn a few key points about the best ways to help children cope with these issues, and she'd make sure to hammer them home in each speech. This would be her primary job--no more forays into Oprah or other reality TV shows.

Andrew would drum up financial support for the charity by visiting various businesses (much as he does now, but this wouldn't be for the UK, it would be for the charity). Just as now, most of his public duties would consist of his work for the charity, although he would still peform a few official royal duties.

The girls could get jobs there as well!

Andrew and Sarah could then remarry while somewhat avoiding the problem of Sarah's re-entry into the royal family. While they'd have to be together at major family gatherings, royal life will start to revolve around Charles' immediate family, and Andrew and Sarah wouldn't have to spend too much time with the other royals. Andrew would perform some royal duties without Sarah at his side; the rest of the time, they would work together at the charity--Andrew drumming up financial support; Sarah drumming up psychological support.

I can dream...

Back to reality: I think Andrew will never step down from his UKTI job voluntarily unless he has done something HUGELY incriminating, and knows he has no choice. I think it is a self-esteem thing for him--as Iluvbertie says, what would his public role be without this job? He is the second son, and will get pushed further down the line as William and Harry take on more public duties.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.express.co.uk/blogs/post/...tish-monarchy-

Prince Andrew not only Royal embarrased by Libya
Old 03-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
No, they aren't. Andrew is doing that all by himself, and a fine job he is doing, at that.

And this is far more than the Wikileaks, which was basically about his rude behavior. This, here and now, is frolicking with criminals, convicted of wretched crimes. Not alleged criminals, convicted criminals.

Had you actually taken note of my post you would have seen that I was referring to the new claim in the DM that as diplomat had to smooth over the situation after he made a comment to a fashion person (I don't know who you are). That sort of thing was in Wikileaks ages ago.

This is the link about which I was commenting:

Why did 'rude' Prince Andrew ever get trade role, asks ex-envoy | Mail Online

I was not referring to the situation with the Epstein person in making that comment about Wikileaks.

Other papers, such as the Express, are showing that the many members of the royal family, up to and including the Queen, not just Andrew, have dealings with many of these unsavoury people - at the government's behest and some of them are going to be invited to William and Kate's wedding e.g. the Kings of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia - who have recently given orders for soldiers to fire on their own people. Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Blogs | Richard Palmer | Royal blog: Arab uprising embarrasses British monarchy | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writers-

The DM only attacks Andrew while they should be going after the entire family to be fair on this issue.