The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sarah interview was just on our evening news. She's saying " I won't have a word said about him he wouldn't do that " but when asked had he ever met the girl she says " I can't answer that you would have to ask him"
So all she has done is made it worse IMO
He has got away with so much all his dealings with convicted gun smugglers, convicted drug dealers people investigated for money laundering. He really should retire from public life then he could do as he wants. I'm sure when Charles becomes king we won't see Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I hope that his brother will put his foot down about Andrew retiring into private life when he comes to the throne. Otherwise we will probably be faced with more Andrew and Fergie scandals erupting every few years until they are both too old and decrepit to bother. I don't want to see either of them again, quite frankly.

The 'diary' does not sound like it was written by a 17 year old. It sounds like it was written by a 30 year old or older.

Perhaps, a ghost writer for her memoirs or her attorney or a law clerk.

So you think an attorney or a law clerk is committing a crime by making false records. Really !!!

So you think an attorney or a law clerk is committing a crime by making false records. Really !!!

*rouses self from ennui* *reads the material to which royal rob was replying* *ponders* I suppose I should kick up a bit of a fuss about this, and seek clarification on behalf of my profession and its law clerks, and squawk a bit about the implication that an attorney and/or his/her law clerk would have written that stuff for Roberts.

Do people here really have such a low opinion of the legal profession?

*rouses self from ennui* *reads the material to which royal rob was replying* *ponders* I suppose I should kick up a bit of a fuss about this, and seek clarification on behalf of my profession and its law clerks, and squawk a bit about the implication that an attorney and/or his/her law clerk would have written that stuff for Roberts.

Well Queen Camilla seems to have which upsets me greatly.
To think they would break the law but those wonderful royals never do a thing wrong and everyone is just out to get them.
So those people that work their butts off to get good marks and then work their way though uni then work 80 hr weeks are the bad guys. My son is a Lawyer and I was offended by her comments

where was it written, that it was a lawyer who wrote it for her?

Also to me it does not sound like anything written by a 17year old - but by a much older person.

I remember too well, when 'Der Spiegel' or 'der Stern' (cant remember which) (a german journal) was publishing the Diaries of Hitler ....

It wasn't written anywhere Queen camillia suggested it

I have to laugh at this quote from Sarah's interview "I won’t stand by – because I know what it feels like to have salacious lies made up about you – and not support him so publicly, because they are just shockingly accusatory allegations,” she added "The American people know my integrity.”

Integrity she was selling off her husband a few years ago

The Sarah interview was just on our evening news. She's saying " I won't have a word said about him he wouldn't do that " but when asked had he ever met the girl she says " I can't answer that you would have to ask him"
So all she has done is made it worse IMO
He has got away with so much all his dealings with convicted gun smugglers, convicted drug dealers people investigated for money laundering. He really should retire from public life then he could do as he wants. I'm sure when Charles becomes king we won't see Andrew

Did we really expect anything else?

How did they bill that out... "Drafting documents...10.9"? :D

I have to laugh at this quote from Sarah's interview "I won’t stand by – because I know what it feels like to have salacious lies made up about you – and not support him so publicly, because they are just shockingly accusatory allegations,” she added "The American people know my integrity.”

Integrity she was selling off her husband a few years ago

Indeed, she was selling Wedgwood at my local store to beguiled Southerners just a few years back. I turned up just to watch the spectacle!

Oh That would have been fun. Ha ha

"Your Royal Highness, your mother, Her Majesty, just read Ms. Roberts purported journal over breakfast. She would like a word."

For the The royal equivalent of "I brought you into this world I can take you out of it"?

Yes, I think they do...until they need a lawyer; then they come running.

Not much but she involves herself in affairs she has no business in makes things worse for it and when she just had to give her 2 cents she opened herself up for discussion.

The return of Sarah Ferguson to the spotlight does nothing to help Prince Andrew in this sordid mess. While no one can blame her for his decisions regarding Epstein, her continued presence in his life as a smothering, grasping hanger-on has been a disaster for Andrew. It's one thing to remain friendly with an ex, but to have your former wife living in your home nearly 20 years after your divorce? The relationship is baffling.

I'm completely with Prince Philip on how toxic the arrangement has been. Andrew is too stubborn or arrogant to see that her neediness and greed has closed off any chance for him to remarry or to form another serious relationship.

Absolutely! If not for this bizarre arrangement, Andrew might have remarried years ago to someone who would probably be more suitable (well, she couldn't be worse than Fergie!)
I just don't see this as a healthy relationship; Andrew is basically her enabler.

But I can't agree with your statement that Charles could have been a better mentor to his younger brother; I've read that Charles feels Andrew has always resented him, because of his status as heir and also his large independent income.
In that sort of atmosphere, any advice would probably have been disregarded anyway.

But I can't agree with your statement that Charles could have been a better mentor to his younger brother; I've read that Charles feels Andrew has always resented him, because of his status as heir and also his large independent income.
In that sort of atmosphere, any advice would probably have been disregarded anyway.

I do remember that quote from Charles [ some thought it tongue in cheek] but I think it is still true. Jealously from a sibling is an awful thing. Can cause tons of family trouble. Andrew loves the show of being a royal [quite like the young P. Margaret who was quite the "one" in her day]. Unlike the Queen, Charles will not put up with Andrew's ways and Andrew will have to regard Charles' views as final. Shame this is all happening and upsetting the Queen and P. Philip in their later years. They will never publically downgrade this son, but I would love to hear what they said to 'old Andy in private!

Originally Posted by Winnie
Shame this is all happening and upsetting the Queen and P. Philip in their later years.

I have frequently observed that very old people are generally much more concerned about themselves than anything else. I'm sure they must love Andrew and care about what happens to him, but when you are 90, you are looking out for No.1!

I have frequently observed that very old people are generally much more concerned about themselves than anything else. I'm sure they must love Andrew and care about what happens to him, but when you are 90, you are looking out for No.1!
Uhm, woah! What kind of attack on eldery people is that?! First of all, I'm really sorry that is your experience, and ofc there are a few elderly like that. But I have met soooo many caring, wise older people with such good hearts and willingness to help. What can sometimes come across as not caring when "scandals" show up is that they have lived enough time to know bad times usually are just a blip in the grand scheme of things.

Uhm, woah! What kind of attack on eldery people is that?! First of all, I'm really sorry that is your experience, and ofc there are a few elderly like that. But I have met soooo many caring, wise older people with such good hearts and willingness to help. What can sometimes come across as not caring when "scandals" show up is that they have lived enough time to know bad times usually are just a blip in the grand scheme of things.

Certainly not an attack on elderly people, just an observation. Of course, it's partly because they have 'seen it all', but it's also because if you are very elderly, you have to keep yourself together. Most 90 year olds are not human dynamos, and have to ration their emotions. I've been a volunteer in a nursing home for nearly 15 years, and I have heard it all from the people I talk with. They want their children to be healthy and successful, but they can't expend their own limited energy on worrying about other things.

:previous: This sounds promising. I'm a bit disappointed His Honour didn't set a timetable though. Without a timetable to keep parties on their toes, things like this tend to lose momentum. I imagine the plaintiffs will be keen to keep things moving, but the longer it delays, the more opportunity there is for obstacles to arise or be created.

:previous: This sounds promising. I'm a bit disappointed His Honour didn't set a timetable though. Without a timetable to keep parties on their toes, things like this tend to lose momentum. I imagine the plaintiffs will be keen to keep things moving, but the longer it delays, the more opportunity there is for obstacles to arise or be created.

Usually such an order will contain a date (was there a link to the order?). In any event, the plaintiffs' filings will be prompt enough, forcing Epstein to show his hand within the next few weeks. I would expect these filing to be within the next month, but of course, the court's ruling could take some time.

The court is clearly leaning towards disclosure.

But hey, Andrew had BP deny any facilitation of Epstein's sentence. So won't this help clear his name in this regard? ;)

Usually such an order will contain a date (was there a link to the order?). In any event, the plaintiffs' filings will be prompt enough, forcing Epstein to show his hand within the next few weeks. I would expect these filing to be within the next month, but of course, the court's ruling could take some time.

But hey, Andrew had BP deny any facilitation of Epstein's sentence. So won't this help clear his name in this regard? ;)
Haha, yeah. Having Mummy (aka the Queen) as a character witness (not on stand, obviously!) should have some power :p

I can't make a judgment on whether the photo is fake or not, but Andrew's left arm would have to be extraordinarily long to reach around the woman in the manner shown.

You are right. I have not noticed it until now.

I have no doubt that Epstein threw Andrew's name around but, if I understand it correctly, the issue is whether Andrew and others contacted the prosecutor on behalf of Epstein. So the if there is disclosure, it will be of the prosecutor's records.

I think a lot of people will have difficulty with the precedent of releasing that type of information to the prosecutor. Coming to the defense of a scum bag like Epstein is very distasteful, but I can think of a lot of reasons that the prosecutor would not want to make that sort of information public.

What if drug dealers started to use these types of law suits to find out what their friends and relatives really told prosecutors? I can see a lot of people just deciding not to get involved.

The reality is that even if some big names lobbied the prosecutor to reduce Epstein's sentence, the final decision was made by the prosecutor.

You are right. I have not noticed it until now.
There were someone showing that in the same 700% zoom of their eyes his (or if it was hers, I can't recall) had a much higher pixel-count than the other. That can not happen in pictures where everything was in the picture at the moment of taking it.

I don't see anything unusual about the way his hand is positioned. If you read the comments from that post, people are saying that the photo isn't photoshopped and differences could be attributed to a number of things. But more importantly, Andrew hasn't denied that he took a photo wth her.

It will be interesting to see what's in those papers and find out who lobbied on Epstein's behalf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom