The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Majesty

I'll be pleased to see him fight these allegations and not try to "ostrich" hoping that everything will blow over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
It seems the Duke of York will fight back the allegations against him, and he's totally right in doing so.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Courtier

Andrew needs to be very careful what he says and does next. He needs to listen to his advisers. This has nothing to do with Beatrice and Eugenie they will support their father I think many feel sorry for them more then anything. It has been said for a long time that Andrew has wanted the girls to be part of Royal Life this has probably put the nail in that ever happening. It seems to be either their mother or their father getting into scandals. It is very much he said she said Andrew needs to make sure he tells the truth because if he doesn't and she comes out with evidence to disprove what he says no one will believe anything he says. She already has a picture with him and has talked about when and where they met. Andrew really needs to take some sort of action it's a tough situation. But he put himself into this and I think it's going to be very hard for him to come out of this well. I wonder where his security were?

Old 01-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Royal Highness

Totally agree with you

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Serene Highness

In terms of his police protection officers I don't think they'll see it as their job to come out and publicly comment on what did or did not happen. Behind closed doors and to lawyers i'm sure they'll tell the truth but its not their job to go public and 'defend' Andrew.
Also it might be worth remembering all those stories from the past about how Andrew treats his bodyguards, making them fetch golf balls from lawns etc and the way he made a big public fuss about how he was 'grateful' for the apology he got when he was accidentally stopped by police in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. I wouldn't surprise me if there were a few people in the police thinking now the tables have turned they won't be rushing to be kind to him just as he hasn't been to them. but that's just my opinion on it.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'll be pleased to see him fight these allegations and not try to "ostrich" hoping that everything will blow over.
So am I. If he didn't do it, he needs to fight.

However, likewise, if he did do it, I hope the woman keeps fighting and doesn't allow herself to be bullied, or bought, into silence.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Majesty

I don't think that the protection officers are supposed to do anything when/if a royal person is acting badly. They're there to keep the RH from being killed or injured, and that's about it. However, since they're police officers and responsible to the police department and not the Palace, I'd think they'd have a responsibility to step in if something illegal is going on. Wouldn't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
It is very much he said she said Andrew needs to make sure he tells the truth because if he doesn't and she comes out with evidence to disprove what he says no one will believe anything he says. She already has a picture with him and has talked about when and where they met.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
So am I. If he didn't do it, he needs to fight.

However, likewise, if he did do it, I hope the woman keeps fighting and doesn't allow herself to be bullied, or bought, into silence.
May the best man (or woman) win!

Quote:
I don't think that the protection officers are supposed to do anything when/if a royal person is acting badly. They're there to keep the RH from being killed or injured, and that's about it. However, since they're police officers and responsible to the police department and not the Palace, I'd think they'd have a responsibility to step in if something illegal is going on. Wouldn't they?
Good question, but then what if the illegal act takes place outside of their jurisdiction, i.e., a foreign country?
Old 01-04-2015, 12:19 AM
Royal Highness

Mmm can't see a police officer saying " excuse me sir it's against the law to have sex with that young girl " can't see that happening !!!!

Old 01-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @CourtierUK · 5h
BBC say Mail on Sunday interviewed Virginia Roberts in 2011 and that "there was no suggestion of any sexual contact” with Prince Andrew.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Aristocracy

If we're going to completely vilify Prince Andrew for his relationship with Esptein, we'd better be ready to do the same for many other people, admired and great. The likes of Bill Clinton (perhaps not the best example, lol), Kevin Spacey, great members of academia, et al.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here's the NYT reporting on this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/04/us...inor.html?_r=0

Interesting that one of the attorneys Dershowitz is seeking to disbar is a former federal judge.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: The first full account of the masseuse at the center of the explosive Prince Andrew 'sex slave' drama... but is she telling the truth?-
The first full account of the masseuse at the centre of the explosive Prince Andrew 'sex slave' drama | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-04-2015, 01:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
The Duke of York has issued another, more emphatic, denial. He's denying any sexual contact whatsoever.

'No, I did not have sex with that girl': Palace sensation as Prince Andrew denies any 'sexual contact' | Daily Mail Online
I've been reluctant to post in this thread but I must say, confound the DM for putting those [reminiscent] words in quotes in the headline when apparently they are not what was said. Confound them!
Old 01-04-2015, 01:40 AM
Courtier

This is like the Cosby scandal, first one or two, but then a torrent of women came out. If there are more coming out, who tell the same kind of story, then I'm certain that the palace will end up having to ask Andrew to step down from his position completely.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Rose View Post
I've been reluctant to post in this thread but I must say, confound the DM for putting those [reminiscent] words in quotes in the headline when apparently they are not what was said. Confound them!
Oh, are you really surprised? Of course they'd use those words. And of course the denial would use words that covered Clinton sex, too.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:22 AM
Royal Highness

The woman has a bit of a credibility issue.

Virginia Roberts (Jane Doe #3) claims she was working for Donald Trump as a changing room assistant in the spa at Trump's Florida home Mar-A-Lago, where her father was a maintenance manager. Soon after her 15th birthday, in 1998, she says she met Ghislaine at the club.

She stated she told Jeffrey Epstein 'I’d been a runaway and I’d lived on the street and I’d taken ecstasy tablets and I wasn’t a virgin.' (Is this the first thing one tells a prospective employer?)

According to her story she was working for Donald Trump as a 14 years old while her father was also employed by Donald Trump. She voluntarily left Trump's employment to join Epstein's.

How old was she when she was working for Donald Trump? Was she really 14?

Virginia requested that Andrew pose with her to show her mother.

Something isn't adding up. The woman worked with her father. She is sending a picture of herself with Prince Andrew to her mother and yet she is claiming she was a sexual slave.

Andrew needs to keep his head held high and continue to represent his mother. I see no point in Andrew stepping down or reducing his royal duties. (Yes sticking by Jeffrey Epstein wasn't a smart move nor was being his friend but if Andrew did not have sex with an underage girl then he and his name should not be dragged in the mud.) The age of consent was 16 and she admitted she was 17. (I will like to see a birth certificate and Trump's employment records.)

The first full account of the masseuse at the centre of the explosive Prince Andrew 'sex slave' drama | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-04-2015, 05:14 AM
Royal Highness

I think there is a lot more to this story. What was Epstein getting out of his friendship with Andrew ???
And what was Andrew getting from Epstein aside from money for Sarah ?
Why would Andrew continue seeing Epstein and helping him ?
All sounds like blackmail to me

Old 01-04-2015, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why do any of them have to 'get anything' out of it? Why can't it be a simple matter of friendship?
Old 01-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
If we're going to completely vilify Prince Andrew for his relationship with Esptein, we'd better be ready to do the same for many other people, admired and great. The likes of Bill Clinton (perhaps not the best example, lol), Kevin Spacey, great members of academia, et al.
Let's also not forget the way pretty much all of Hollywood, as well as the great and good of Europe, trip over themselves to fawn all over Roman Polanski who admits having sex with a 13-year old.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:13 AM
Royal Highness

A friendship is based on people having the same interests and values so if it was just a friendship then Andrew would have to have the same values as this disgusting person