The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how much Andrew would know, Epstein couldn't be that stupid and bring his lifestyle around Andrew. There was that one girl who has proof she met Andrew but nothing happened. Could be they want to know if Epstein ever talked to Andrew about the girls or if he saw anything odd. Since it is still on going that could still talk to Andrew and if anything else gets uncovered that involves Andrew then they certainly will. It is a serious crime and the Palace can only protect Andrew so much. They need to be careful this sort of thing creates strong feelings in people and if Andrew does know something he needs to tell the authorities now not wait and see if they come up with something. It will create dark shadow over Andrew if it comes out he was protecting his so called friend! I hope Andrew really has cut off all ties with Epstein because if the press find out he is still seeing him then they will really go after Andrew.

This story is back in the news:

'Prince Andrew knew about Jeffrey Epstein's abuse of under-age girls', claims document | Mail Online

In the past, whenever the Epstein case has been reported, it has been claimed there is no suggestion that Andrew was ever aware that the tycoon paid under-age girls for sex.

But in Exhibit D, Roberts alleges otherwise.

Asked whether the Prince would have ‘relevant information’ about ‘Jeffrey’s taking advantage of under-age girls’, she replies: ‘Yes, he would know a lot of the truth.’

It should at this stage be stressed that the Mail has no evidence to corroborate this and other claims made by Virginia Roberts in the document.

IF there is any truth that Andrew KNEW about Epstein's behaviour he will have to retire from public life surely.

The DM isn't alleging that Andrew did know anything but that the witness is saying that he would have known.

How credible this Virginia Roberts is will also have to be considered but this isn't looking good as it keeps coming back to haunt Andrew.

Last edited:
I don't know if or how much of this disgusting story is true, but I am surprised that the girl was a spa attendant at 15. You usually have to be 16 to work in the States.

That is part of the issue I think - that Epstein was 'employing' such young girls. They were clearly working illegally, which is why Epstein is so anxious for them to settle out of court - so the full disclosure of what he was up to isn't made public but this one girl is refusing to take that option.

Prince Andrew named in US lawsuit over underage sex allegations | UK news | The Guardian
A woman who claims that an American investment banker loaned her to rich and powerful friends as an underage “sex slave” has alleged in a US court document that she was repeatedly forced to have sexual relations with Prince Andrew.

The accusation against the Duke of York is contained in a motion filed in a Florida court this week in connection with a long-running lawsuit brought by women who say they were exploited by Jeffrey Epstein, a multi-millionaire convicted of soliciting sex with an underage girl after a plea deal.

Dear god! I really hope this isn't true. Major scandal looming...

The press isn't going to let this go. Andrew is in for a rough ride

I really hope there is not at least one bit true.... Otherwise, I don't know what it might happen...

Charles must be having a fit over this. Not what the monarchy needs

It's not a good thing, but I hope none of it is true. I'm sure Andrew's lawyers will try their best to kill these allegations.

The worst thing is, he'll have no opportunity to respond to the claims because he isn't named as a defendant

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 1h
Palace: "This relates to long-standing and ongoing civil proceedings in the United States, to which The Duke of York is not a party."

oh boy

Well, the girl in question was 17 at the time according to what I can find, so she was just barely underage. The real question here is consent. This case will turn on that point. If it were just a case of consensual sex with a 17 year old, this case would probably be dismissed. It is only making headlines at all because they are dragging Prince Andrew into it. I can't imagine what proof can be brought at this late date.

With consent or not....I really hope it is not true. I think 50 something is a bit too old for a teenager.

BP has responded;

@BBCBreaking: "Suggestion of impropriety with minors untrue," says Buckingham Palace after Prince Andrew named in US sex lawsuit http://t.co/0phOMfUrA7

There have been a spate of accusations recently here in the States regarding famous people. The problem then can become a "copy cat" issue. "Oh what a good idea, there could be money in this". What is an adventure and "fun" for a seventeen year old can become lucrative to an older woman. Hoping this is NOT true!

It's a disaster for his image anyway. I wonder whether he'll ever recover from this.

Well if there was hope of Andrew maintaining a role in the monarchy under Charles, I think this may just end those dreams. True or not, bad PR

Prince Andrew named in US court papers over claims he had sex with underage girl | Royal | News | Daily Express
A WOMAN has claimed in court papers that she was repeatedly forced to have sex with Prince Andrew while being loaned out as an underage sex slave.

The woman, who cannot be named, alleges that the Duke of York was among a group of rich and powerful men that she was forced to have intimate relations with by American investment banker Jeffrey Epstein.

The untested allegations against the Duke of York - who vehemently denies them - are contained in a motion filed in a United States court in Florida this week, according to The Guardian.

It relates to a long-running lawsuit brought by women who say they were exploited by Mr Epstein, a multi-millionaire convicted of soliciting sex with an underage girl, after a plea deal.

The woman insists that between 1999 and 2002 she was repeatedly sexually abused by Epstein, who she also accuses of loaning her out to influential men around the world.

Prince Andrew is irrverelent to the monarchy.

Prince Andrew is the son of the reigning monarch and brother of the next King. He carries out over 300 official duties each year. He is hardly irrelevant to the monarchy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I highly doubt it is true but it shows that Andrew has been absolutely stupid in his choice of friends/acquaintances. IMO Andrew was so bothered about keeping up with the rich jet set that it didn't mind who he had to hang out with to be part of it. Isn't Epstein the man who paid of Sarah's debts?
The problem now is Andrew has allowed himself to be seen to be so close to Epstein that any damage to him will also damage Andrew.
I suspect there will be a lot more accusations / revelations before we hear the end of this. Notice how he denies 'impropriety with underage minors' interesting choice of words IMO.

Last edited:
Well, the girl in question was 17 at the time according to what I can find, so she was just barely underage. The real question here is consent. This case will turn on that point. If it were just a case of consensual sex with a 17 year old, this case would probably be dismissed. It is only making headlines at all because they are dragging Prince Andrew into it. I can't imagine what proof can be brought at this late date.

With consent or not....I really hope it is not true. I think 50 something is a bit too old for a teenager.

If she was under the legal age it is irrelevant whether she consented or not. At law, if you are underage you are are considered to be incapable of giving consent. My understanding of the American legal system (although different in every State) is that it would be considered statutory rape.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The Express articles says the encounters with Andrew supposedly happened in NY, London and the Caribbean. It's 16 as the age of consent in NY and UK. Later on in the article it said she was 17.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

This is outrageous and unbelievable !!!! I do not believe this rumor one bit !!!!! The Duchess will have his back and so will his children !!!!

The Express articles says the encounters with Andrew supposedly happened in NY, London and the Caribbean. It's 16 as the age of consent in NY and UK. Later on in the article it said she was 17.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Even though the legal part in this is very important and legal action would make even a bigger splash, I think there is a very dark grey moral line there. If this comes out to be true (legal or not) there will be a huge scandal since such behavior is not accepted by the public. I think if this doesn't calm down very fast, Andrew might have to step out of his royal role fully.

What is the evidence saying he did this unspeakable thing ?

What is the evidence saying he did this unspeakable thing ?
None at all at the moment as far as I know. But it's out there now (true or not) and the harm has already been done. Even if it comes out that he didn't do anything it will still highlight his connection with someone who did and imply that he knew/helped with it. It is a PR disaster. In the image of him it kind of doesn't matter now if he did it or not (ofc it does in the real world, but not as far as his image goes). The harm has already been done. Please though, let it not be true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom