The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew's decision to continue a relationship with this man after he was convicted of sex crimes, however, simply defies belief. What on earth was he thinking?

I don't believe he does think of much except himself. Andrew has always been the best looking of the BRF and is used to having anything he wants and thinks, I am sure, he deserves it. Yes, he does his bit for charities and his mother requests, but only as it gives him more attention. Nothing will happen to Andrew, and he knows it. To me he has always been a one sided paper cut-out type of Royal. Looks good but with no real substance.

This entire thing really upsets me ONLY because what it is doing to his parents. I don't actually care about him, but the Queen and P Phillip certainly do not deserve this garbage. Would LOVE to know exactly what Charles has said to him behind closed doors!

:previous: It's altogether too easy to destroy someone's reputation and career these days. With the speed of communication, it can happen almost instantly. We probably all know of at least one person who was falsely accused and found to be innocent. I'm trying very hard not to rush to judgement, but it's difficult.

I'm certainly not rushing to judgement but Andrew is presumably a smart man and he must have known the optics of all this looks terrible.

Publicly maintaining a friendship with a convicted paedophile he's been accused of accepting 'favours' from doesn't look good, it may not be fair but often times life isn't fair.

Exactly,life's not fair and Andrew needs to realize he can't have his cake and eat it! He's a member of one of the most famous and high profile members of the Royal Family, a fact he is happy to use to further himself, his daughters and his ex-wife. He is happy to take the benefits; charging taxpayers to use private jets to travel across the country to play golf, charging taxpayers to fly around the world staying in 5 star hotels meeting billionaires and dictators he can make 'friends' with to his benefit, using his position as a royal to secure more favorable terms on a country house for him and his ex wife to stay in, fighting for his daughters to have 24hr protection officers to drive them around. Yet like the spoilt boy he is he will take all of that, grab all he can, but will he give up seeing a 'friend' (who I suspect he is friends with for some benefit more material than friendship) who has been convicted of sex crimes and is a registered sex offender? No of course he won't. He doesn't accept he has to give a little to get so much.

If nothing else I guess one would be able to hope he would have tried to avoid this so as not to embarrass his parents, particularly his mother, but no. He doesn't care for anyone but himself IMO.

Last edited:
Lord Ashcroft @LordAshcroft · 37m
Do not judge @TheDukeOfYork by what's in a U.S. lawsuit. The contents are often wild and unsubstantiated allegations protected by privilege

I can just imagine Rupert Murdoch rubbing his hands together, and saying, "Yippee a juicy story here!" Now how is he going to handle it? Considering his main aim is to sell newspapers he will give it a big splash and then make it run and run.

Never mind a person is innocent until proven guilty. With that in mind how much of the press information can we Actually Believe! Murdoch Press may get Andrew's name right, but apart from that it's anyone's guess how accurate his stories will be.

Yes the press will run with it that's their job. Andrew has no one else to blame but himself.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes the press will run with it that's their job. ...

I beg to differ: it is NOT the job of the media to besmearch peoples good names, or hound victims, or to twist facts and stories - but that is what the media very often do.

Also serious media is reporting on that story - but it sounds quit diffrent like what the daily fail or other rags are writing ...

It is the job of the people who work for these papers. You mightn't like them but they are what they are.
Andrew mixed with and involved himself with the scum that this man was. It's not the fault of the daily mail etc it's Andrews fault

Exactly it's Andrew who continued a friendship with a convicted sex offender and these weren't just one or two charges there are 40 underage girls forced into this. It's hard to believe Andrew who attended parties etc before the conviction had no idea what was going on. Yes it can be hard to tell how old some girls are but you can't blame them if they have been abused by a powerful man. I do expect more stories to come out on this and the press will of course report them and create huge headlines but Andrew has no one to blame but himself. I've read a lot about Andrew over the years and I can't remember anyone describing his as smart, arrogant and spoilt yes he probably thought nothing would come of it. It sounds like no one expected this lawsuit. Andrew would be better off keeping a low profile and not doing royal duties for awhile he could actually put himself into more harms way. While we may not know if it is true or not there are some people who will take advantage and we will start getting stories of Andrew doing this or that it tends to snowball. He shouldn't be around younger girls it's a minefield in fact I won't be surprised if charities stopped having him as a Patron. If he has that poor judgement keeping company and remaining friends with a convicted sex offender he has no right to be giving advice etc to young people no one is going to take him seriously. He has been told off before about his rich friends and golf trips worked around some obsecure engagement he just thinks he can do anything. Maybe this will be a wakeup call? There is one thing to stand by a friend in need it's another to keep up a friendship with man convicted of sexual abuse and slavery seriously what kind of friend is that? And let's not forget Andrew has two young daughters he should have known better and I'm sure they will stand by him as will Sarah she lives off him she isn't going to bite the hand that feeds her. And while the RF will publicly support Andrew I'm thinking behind the scenes things are a lot less comfortable for him especially with Prince Charles there have been rumours for ages about his relationship with Andrew I can't see this helping that.

The power of the accusation. :ermm: Damned from the first word, without reprieve. Ugly business.

The British Royals Message Board: Re: BBC: Prince Andrew named in US child sex lawsuit

The above is a link (I hope) to a very good article posted over on The British Royals Message board. I think it is worth a read. I believe these lawyers in the case may have picked on the wrong fellow lawyer.

Alan Dershowitz has also been named. According to quotes from an interview on the subject, he can prove he was not at any of the locations except one and that time he was there with his family. He is going to start disbarment proceedings against the two lawyers representing JD3 on the basis that they did not do any fact checking before naming names.

Mr Dershowitz is a VERY prominent criminal attorney and law professor in the United States.
Having read the link I can only shake my head. Prince Andrew has absolutely no recourse because of privilege. Mr Dershowitz is reduced to essentially fighting the case with the Bar Association, and that's not going to clear his name in the eyes of many even when the truth is there and the proof irrefuteable. A very salient lesson.

:previous: It's altogether too easy to destroy someone's reputation and career these days. With the speed of communication, it can happen almost instantly. We probably all know of at least one person who was falsely accused and found to be innocent. I'm trying very hard not to rush to judgement, but it's difficult.

This isn't a personal statement about you but you have raised a really vital point. Before social media, I think it was a given that "innocent till proven guilty" was the code we all lived by - a key ingredient of a democracy.

However, today press/media is feeding off social media - and social media is not a democracy.

We do not receive lots of information from many sources giving strength to a story - we get one or two sources repeated again and again.

This makes it very hard for all of us to determine where the balance lies.

You are right in not rushing to judgement. I certainly am in the "wait and see" camp.

If ever there were a reason to slim the monarchy down, it is this very reason. Andrew needs to be removed from public life and his daughters need to be kicked off of royal life. Neither princess will be left to starve, they'll have plenty of money. They don't need any official role in the BRF.

If ever there were a reason to slim the monarchy down, it is this very reason. Andrew needs to be removed from public life and his daughters need to be kicked off of royal life. Neither princess will be left to starve, they'll have plenty of money. They don't need any official role in the BRF.

The Princesses do not have any official role in the BRF.

Why should his daughters pay for the sins of their father ?

It seems the Duke of York will fight back the allegations against him, and he's totally right in doing so.

Why should his daughters pay for the sins of their father ?

That's what I'd like to know as well. What have Beatrice and Eugenie done?:sad:

Were the children of the late George Duke of Kent scapegoated by the BRF because their father led a wildly dissolute private life?

Some people seem to have it in for the York princesses because they dislike their parents. And I think that's awful.

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 1h
Prince Andrew comes out fighting: in unprecedented step BP deny any "sexual contact" with Virginia Roberts.

BP state: "It's emphatically denied that the Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts 1/2

2/2BP statement cont:"Any claim to the contrary is false and without foundation."Her v detailed claims against his...

Videos:
Prince Andrew sex claim: Alan Dershowitz threatens action-

BBC News - Prince Andrew sex claim: Alan Dershowitz threatens action

Palace issues second denial over Andrew sex claims-
Buckingham Palace issues second denial over Andrew sex claims - ITV News

Last edited:
Prince Andrew denies having relations with 'sex slave' girl - Telegraph

The Duke of York last night emphatically denied sleeping with the woman at the centre of an alleged sex-slave scandal.
Prince Andrew had been accused in court documents, lodged in the United States, of sexually abusing a 17-year-old girl, Virginia Roberts, who was allegedly supplied to him by friend and convicted sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein.
But in an unprecedented statement, Buckingham Palace, insisted that the claims were categorically untrue.
Following a day of bruising headlines, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace said: “It is emphatically denied that HRH The Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts. The allegations made are false and without any foundation.”

EXCLUSIVE: Prince Andrew's sex claims crisis talks with the Queen | Royal | News | Daily Express

Royal sources have told the Sunday Express the 54-year-old Prince will meet senior Palace courtiers and legal advisers in the coming days before he travels to Sandringham to brief the Queen on developments.

“The Queen is very fond of Andrew and will not chastise him, but she will expect to see him soon to hear his views,’’ said a royal source.

“A very clear denial has already been issued and Prince Andrew will be meeting senior courtiers to work out a strategy of dealing with this in the coming weeks.”

Prince Andrew has been accused of having sex with a 17-year-old in London, New York and on Epstein’s private island in the Virgin Islands, according to court papers filed in the US.

He may take advice on what he should do if he is asked to testify in a US court about the allegations.

Although he lost his position as an official trade envoy in 2011 because of his links to Epstein, he has quietly carried out 67 engagements in 11 foreign countries, many in the Middle East, in recent months.

The Queen will want to know if he feels he can continue in the unofficial role this year as the scandal gathers pace, but will make clear to him that he has strong support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be pleased to see him fight these allegations and not try to "ostrich" hoping that everything will blow over.

It seems the Duke of York will fight back the allegations against him, and he's totally right in doing so.

Andrew needs to be very careful what he says and does next. He needs to listen to his advisers. This has nothing to do with Beatrice and Eugenie they will support their father I think many feel sorry for them more then anything. It has been said for a long time that Andrew has wanted the girls to be part of Royal Life this has probably put the nail in that ever happening. It seems to be either their mother or their father getting into scandals. It is very much he said she said Andrew needs to make sure he tells the truth because if he doesn't and she comes out with evidence to disprove what he says no one will believe anything he says. She already has a picture with him and has talked about when and where they met. Andrew really needs to take some sort of action it's a tough situation. But he put himself into this and I think it's going to be very hard for him to come out of this well. I wonder where his security were?

In terms of his police protection officers I don't think they'll see it as their job to come out and publicly comment on what did or did not happen. Behind closed doors and to lawyers i'm sure they'll tell the truth but its not their job to go public and 'defend' Andrew.
Also it might be worth remembering all those stories from the past about how Andrew treats his bodyguards, making them fetch golf balls from lawns etc and the way he made a big public fuss about how he was 'grateful' for the apology he got when he was accidentally stopped by police in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. I wouldn't surprise me if there were a few people in the police thinking now the tables have turned they won't be rushing to be kind to him just as he hasn't been to them. but that's just my opinion on it.

Last edited:
I'll be pleased to see him fight these allegations and not try to "ostrich" hoping that everything will blow over.

So am I. If he didn't do it, he needs to fight.

However, likewise, if he did do it, I hope the woman keeps fighting and doesn't allow herself to be bullied, or bought, into silence.

I don't think that the protection officers are supposed to do anything when/if a royal person is acting badly. They're there to keep the RH from being killed or injured, and that's about it. However, since they're police officers and responsible to the police department and not the Palace, I'd think they'd have a responsibility to step in if something illegal is going on. Wouldn't they?

It is very much he said she said Andrew needs to make sure he tells the truth because if he doesn't and she comes out with evidence to disprove what he says no one will believe anything he says. She already has a picture with him and has talked about when and where they met.

So am I. If he didn't do it, he needs to fight.

However, likewise, if he did do it, I hope the woman keeps fighting and doesn't allow herself to be bullied, or bought, into silence.

May the best man (or woman) win! :D

I don't think that the protection officers are supposed to do anything when/if a royal person is acting badly. They're there to keep the RH from being killed or injured, and that's about it. However, since they're police officers and responsible to the police department and not the Palace, I'd think they'd have a responsibility to step in if something illegal is going on. Wouldn't they?

Good question, but then what if the illegal act takes place outside of their jurisdiction, i.e., a foreign country?

Mmm can't see a police officer saying " excuse me sir it's against the law to have sex with that young girl " can't see that happening !!!!

Martin @CourtierUK · 5h
BBC say Mail on Sunday interviewed Virginia Roberts in 2011 and that "there was no suggestion of any sexual contact” with Prince Andrew.

If we're going to completely vilify Prince Andrew for his relationship with Esptein, we'd better be ready to do the same for many other people, admired and great. The likes of Bill Clinton (perhaps not the best example, lol), Kevin Spacey, great members of academia, et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom