The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy'

Unless we get confirmation, mind you there were claims that there were cameras in Epstein's house, they won't do anything but he has to speak. He has to deny it.

Have you considered that perhaps he can't deny it?

I believe he should keep his mouth shut, resign his post "for personal reasons"- and lie low for a time, until the flap dies down.

(I also think he should shake loose of Sarah once and for all, and avoid any more questionable company! I truly think he mostly got so deeply entangled with Epstein because he was trying to help her, but she can't be helped, and she'll just drag him down with her!)

I believe he should keep his mouth shut, resign his post "for personal reasons"- and lie low for a time, until the flap dies down.

(I also think he should shake loose of Sarah once and for all, and avoid any more questionable company! I truly think he mostly got so deeply entangled with Epstein because he was trying to help her, but she can't be helped, and she'll just drag him down with her!)

Mirabel, at this point, I think that the pair of them are drowning each other.

Sorry, I didn't make that clearer in my last post. When I wrote about him not responding, I didn't mention it being because he was guilty of something, this his life in the UK being hell after that.

He can't resign, especially if he has done something. Diplomatic immunity saves him from being questioned.

He's been friends with Epstein for years. Also, he could've done that privately, that he let himself get photographed in public is his own doing.

Last edited:
muriel said:
Duchess of York admits Duke arranged for convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein to pay off her debts - Telegraph

Duchess of York admits Duke arranged for convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein to pay off her debts

The Duchess of York has admitted that her former husband arranged for a convicted paedophile to pay off her debts

Seems to be she is trying to take the fall as it be (put the blame on herself) but actually I think it sounds worse for Andrew.... She seems to be implying he arranged payment of her debts and she wasn't sure where it all came from ..... Not sure she helped anyone with this interview...

BBC News - Cameron backs Prince Andrew in trade envoy row

Cameron backs Prince Andrew in trade envoy row

Prince Andrew has been in the role since 2001

David Cameron has given his full backing to the Duke of York in his role as a UK trade envoy, hours after No 10 sources questioned the prince's future.
The prime minister's spokesman said there was no review of his post and Mr Cameron had "full confidence" in him.
Prince Andrew has been criticised over his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, a convicted sex offender and financier.
Downing Street sources had told the BBC the prince might have to step down if any more damaging revelations emerged.
Mr Cameron's official spokesman said: "We fully support Prince Andrew in his role as trade envoy. Our position is very clear. There is no review of his role."

If this guy is a convicted pedophile, why is he not in jail???? Did I miss something? How did he get so rich?

Something just doesn't sound right. :whistling:

... and know that this was a gigantic error of judgment on my behalf.

How often have we heard exactly this statement from Sarah? Countless times, she sounds like a broken record. I dont mind people making mistakes but you should learn from them at some point and she doesnt. Not only that she doesnt but she is almost showing off, like, oh, another error of judgement, who will clean it up this time?

Back to Andrew - he will never break with Sarah because they are two of a kind. They deserve each other and are both ruthless, arrogant and greedy people. There are so many examples to support this judgement I dont even want to get started. If they do indeed go down together I dont mind. They have already brought the BRF into disrespect too often and if Andrew wasnt protected by the fact that he is a core member of the BRF he would have been neutralized a long time ago. Its time now.

Prince Andrew: David Cameron pledges full support in Jeffrey Epstein paedophile row | Mail Online

IMO its the all too common case of "I scratch your bag, you scratch mine". Who knows what goes on behind the scenes and who knows whose secrets. The dirty game of politics, this time involving royalty, whats new.

But fact is, people will get even more annoyed. They cant get rid of politicians, but they can get rid of royalty. Watch out, Airmiles Andy, your Mummy wont be there for the rest of your life to protect you.

If this guy is a convicted pedophile, why is he not in jail???? Did I miss something? How did he get so rich?

Something just doesn't sound right. :whistling:

He served 13 months of an 18 month sentence, as part of a plea deal. Another part of that deal is that he could not be prosecuted for any other crimes that may have taken place in Florida. However - shipping anyone (underage or not) across state lines or internationally for "immoral" purposes falls outside of that part of the plea bargain. So, all bets are off now and this could bring down a whole new host of charges.

Are you suggesting that he really isn't a convicted pedophile, because he is not currently in jail?

Duchess of York admits Duke arranged for convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein to pay off her debts - Telegraph

Duchess of York admits Duke arranged for convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein to pay off her debts

The Duchess of York has admitted that her former husband arranged for a convicted paedophile to pay off her debts

Ye Gods, is there nothing people will not do for money?With all his own problems , enter Sarah. These two are a soap opera.They deserve each other.

Last edited:
I have never been a supporter of the Yorks (and that pretty much includes all of them), but it just seems like a witch hunt now for Andrew's skin. In his defence, I suspect Andrew has known Epstein for some time now, and probably long befiore the paedophia came out. How does that, in any way, impact his abiolity to be trade ambassador?

I feel so sorry for Beatrice and Eugenie. How embarrassing it must be to have a father who befriends a convicted paedophile. What kind of father does that? And their mother takes money from that paedophile, how much greed, stupidity and bad judgement is needed from both Andrew and Fergie to sink that low?

The poor young women probably know by now that their parents are the oposite of noble, but this situation takes the cake.

Last edited:
I have never been a supporter of the Yorks (and that pretty much includes all of them), but it just seems like a witch hunt now for Andrew's skin. In his defence, I suspect Andrew has known Epstein for some time now, and probably long befiore the paedophia came out. How does that, in any way, impact his abiolity to be trade ambassador?

Being associated with paedophilia does and must have have an impact on any official business a public person does, let alone the son of QEII. Mingling with shady people of all kind, this time its a paedophile, before that it was people close to dictatorship, whats next, speaks volumes and not for the good of the country Andrew is supposed to be serving.

The paedophile story is only adding up to long, long line of failures or shady occasions, inappropriate behaviour (see articles) and a self-concept of being above the common people or even the law, paired with immunity to critizism.

BBC News - Prince Andrew: Envoy career plagued with controversy
Prince Andrew and Fergie deserve each other. They should get married again – Telegraph Blogs

Being associated with paedophilia does and must have have an impact on any official business a public person does, let alone the son of QEII. Mingling with shady people of all kind, this time its a paedophile, before that it was people close to dictatorship, whats next, speaks volumes and not for the good of the country Andrew is supposed to be serving.

The paedophile story is only adding up to long, long line of failures or shady occasions, inappropriate behaviour (see articles) and a self-concept of being above the common people or even the law, paired with immunity to critizism.

BBC News - Prince Andrew: Envoy career plagued with controversy
Prince Andrew and Fergie deserve each other. They should get married again – Telegraph Blogs

Surely you are not suggesting that Andrew knowingly befriended a paedophile? You cannot always guarantee that you will know everything about your friends, can you?

Ye Gods, is there nothing people will not do for money?With all his own problems , enter Sarah. These two are a soap opera.They deserve each other.

Sarah should not have spoken up. She's clearly trying to take all the blame herself, but she just ends up sounding desperate to protect Andrew, while admitting that his office arranged for Epstein to clear her debts.

I don't see why Sarah should have to take the blame for this. It was made clear in the media that the Duke of York's office was taking charge of Sarah's financial affairs and working to resolve her debts. And the person photographed with Mr. Epstein was Prince Andrew, not Sarah. So in this case, I think Andrew is being unfairly protected as a member of the royal family. He made the mistake of contacting Epstein--even if he was doing it for Sarah.

Surely you are not suggesting that Andrew knowingly befriended a paedophile? You cannot always guarantee that you will know everything about your friends, can you?

I wouldnt be surprised if he knew. I mean he has been surrounded by shady people in the past who have been well known to be shady.

Now you can say that paedophilia is a different level but I think that Andrew is simply arrogant enough to think that nothing can touch him and that the common folk should stay out of his business or is too stupid to understand his engagement and hard work for the country and value it.

His "ambassador" job was finally created by the government in order to make people believe that Andrew actually "works" and to give his lifestyle an official sense, a justification that the public has to foot his expense bills.

Yes. If he didn't know about Epstein's predilections when he first got to know him, he should have realized when he was in that Florida house. Pictures of naked young girls on the walls would have made any decent man wonder about his friend's interests. Creepy.

I just want to know the truth. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-support-Jeffrey-Epstein-paedophile-row.html

I wouldnt be surprised if he knew. I mean he has been surrounded by shady people in the past who have been well known to be shady.

Last edited:

Yes but once your friend has been convicted of a heinous crime like the sexual abuse of a minor - you can't really say that you don't know, now, can you?

Honestly.

He served 13 months of an 18 month sentence, as part of a plea deal. Another part of that deal is that he could not be prosecuted for any other crimes that may have taken place in Florida.

I think there's also some kind of provision if he wasn't completely forthcoming within the boundaries of the plea deal, which is why a new investigation, even if it did happen at the Florida home, might burn him.

Yes but once your friend has been convicted of a heinous crime like the sexual abuse of a minor - you can't really say that you don't know, now, can you?

Honestly.

Some people will sit the and say. "The past is in the past. He's a good guy who made a stupid mistake but that's not all he is." And some people just don't give a *bleep*

Last edited:
Some people will sit there and say. "The past is in the past. He's a good guy who made a stupid mistake but that's not all he is." And some people just don't give a *bleep*

I know - I know those people, silverbic....

I wonder if Andrew looked at those girls that Jeffrey Epstein had wandering around his Florida manse and stopped for even a moment to reflect that those girls were roughly the same age as his own.

I am guessing not.

I feel so sorry for Beatrice and Eugenie. How embarrassing it must be to have a father who befriends a convicted paedophile. What kind of father does that? And their mother takes money from that paedophile, how much greed, stupidity and bad judgement is needed from both Andrew and Fergie to sink that low?

The poor young women probably know by now that their parents are the oposite of noble, but this situation takes the cake.
I am starting to wonder if they truly are in debt and have that inability to know another's character.It makes me skeptical. I sometimes think they cannot be that silly. Beatrice and Eugenie will probably pay dearly for their the immaturity of their parents and they are not to blame for anything.I havethis inkling that Sarah and Andrew like to pull these mini scandals off now and again just to get back at the BRF. There must be a psychologcal motivation other than immaturity.

Last edited:
That's an interesting theory, Jaya. Why would they want to "get back at the BRF?" Prince Andrew's always been protected, and Sarah has been provided for lately by Andrew, who's on the Queen's private payroll.

I havethis inkling that Sarah and Andrew like to pull these mini scandals off now and again just to get back at the BRF. There must be a psychologcal motivation other than immaturity.

It's arrogance, plain in simple. To break down childishly..... Andrew: "Do you know who my mother is?!"

I am starting to wonder if they truly are in debt and have that inability to know another's character.It makes me skeptical. I sometimes think they cannot be that silly. Beatrice and Eugenie will probably pay dearly for their the immaturity of their parents and they are not to blame for anything.I havethis inkling that Sarah and Andrew like to pull these mini scandals off now and again just to get back at the BRF. There must be a psychologcal motivation other than immaturity.

I beg to differ. Those girls haven't done anything and I don't believe the tarnish of their parents will rub off on them. They will be in high cotton unless they have done something wrong.

How very different it might have been had someone spanked Andrew's bottom when he was young | Mail Online

I agreed with most of this article. It isn't disrespectful of the royal family--it's honest. Most of the members of the royal family are not "bad" people, per se (as compared to Epstein, anyway!); but they are above criticism in a way others aren't, and this leads to arrogance. This quote echoes my own thoughts about Andrew:

He chooses the company of crooks and tyrants who will entertain him in palaces rather than that of honest men who might expect him to carry his own bags upstairs.

Read more: How very different it might have been had someone spanked Andrew's bottom when he was young | Mail Online

As someone on the CBC news said in an online clip I watched, Prince Andrew is being criticized not because of anything he has done, but because of the company he keeps. This is something Sarah did not seem to understand when she gave that interview about Andrew being a "first rate" man. I think Andrew's choice of friends must be a combination of arrogance and insecurity--he boosts his own sense of self-importance by hanging around with wealthy, popular people.

I am not Prince Charles' biggest fan, but he and his siblings seem to keep better company (as much as they can, given that they are royal and inevitably spend time with leaders who may be corrupt).

I thought that the article was unnecessarily hard on Prince Edward, but I agree with what the writer said otherwise. I feel badly for the Queen, for the York princesses, and for Prince William and Kate; because it's up to the Queen's grandchildren to clean up the legacy of Prince Andrew and Sarah and, to a lesser extent, Charles and Diana.

How very different it might have been had someone spanked Andrew's bottom when he was young | Mail Online

I am not Prince Charles' biggest fan, but he and his siblings seem to keep better company (as much as they can, given that they are royal and inevitably spend time with leaders who may be corrupt).

I thought that the article was unnecessarily hard on Prince Edward, but I agree with what the writer said otherwise. I feel badly for the Queen, for the York princesses, and for Prince William and Kate; because it's up to the Queen's grandchildren to clean up the legacy of Prince Andrew and Sarah and, to a lesser extent, Charles and Diana.

I agree about Prince Edward; a couple of minor problems in his youth, he learned from them, and now does a sterling job for the Royal Family; no scandals whatsoever.

The York princesses may have to clean up their own reputations considering the latest photos of them appearing drunk leaving a questionable nightclub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom