Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I see with Sarah hosting one of these reality shows is that so many people detest her, and wish she'd just go away!

Why would any producers take a chance on Sarah, when they could get someone with a much better Q factor at the drop of a hat?

I think they'd be going on the no such thing as bad publicity train line of thought. Considering the "reality" trash that's on tv, would it surprise anyone to see Sarah doing a show? It'd be better than a good amount of the stuff that's out at the moment.

Besides if she was looking at the lifestyle of a Kardashian, Hilton, Ecclestone or one of the Russian billionaires she might look pretty good by comparison.

True. Sarah has a nice voice, too; she's low-pitched and well-spoken.

Besides if she was looking at the lifestyle of a Kardashian, Hilton, Ecclestone or one of the Russian billionaires she might look pretty good by comparison.

There you go!!! See? ;)

There's a PBS show called 'Globe Trotters" - I think - do I have it right? Anyway, Sarah is a bit of a clown, a show off, likes to have fun - she'd be perfect for something quirky along those lines. No introspection - no self analysis - just flat out extrovert nonsense. It might fly. Someone would like it. Ya never know. :D

Globe Trekkers its an amazing show.

Globe Trekkers its an amazing show.

Oh yes - Globe Trekkers. :p Thank you. ;)

Now that we've solved Sarah's problems - albeit on the wrong thread - who gets the finder's fee? :D

:previous: That dress is screaming out for a little jacket. Otherwise, it's not too bad.

Sarah needs to cover up her arms and that split just looks funny with those shoes. She really does need to start dressing her age things that looked great 10 years ago don't anymore. That dress just isn't flattering on her. She seems to have changed her makeup everytime I see her lately she looks washed out. I would think after her holiday she would have looked a little better. I do notice she has that little butterfly clutch with her again, it has a link to a cancer foundation doesn't it?

Last edited:
The pictures on Getty Images from the Too Many Women event demonstrate that The Daily Mail chose the absolutely *worst* picture of Sarah possible.

The other pictures show that, although the shoes are sort of hilarious, Sarah looks quite good in the dress and I usually hate her outfits. Her stomach looks flat, arms looks pretty good for nearing in on 52. The makeup is a little minimal so she looks a bit washed out.

But overall, not bad. She needs a stylist and to dress a bit more classic.

So it isn't just me with the shoes then? Cause they just look odd and out of place with that outfit. Sarah has taken to wearing very little makeup but she need it because it doesn't look good on her it does wash her out. I have a good friend who is a red head and she looks really pale too but with the right makeup looks great. Sarah has had lovely makeup in the past so it surprises me it was usually something she got right. Still not keen on that style of dress on her, she needs more classic cuts and not to match the shoes with the silver on the neckline!

Covering up this time Pippa? Fergie shows more flesh than Miss Middleton at breast cancer charity event | Mail Online

Sarah's pix is halfway down. I assume these charity events raise money by selling expensive tickets - are there a % of free tickets handed out to celebs to get publicity for the charity and/or to encourage wealthy persons to buy tickets to attend in order to mingle w/ the celebs?

I have answered this question at some length on the 'Sarah's Current Events' thread so that I do not take this thread too much OT.

I do think that Sarah would have looked better if she had been covered up a bit more! And 'silver shoes' are regarded as a no-no with black outfits and tights - I hardly rate myself a 'fashion plate' and aim only to dress so as 'not to let the side down' and the rules of English 'ladylike evening dressing' used to be that you usually are meant to ensure that your shoes match the colour of your tights and skirt. But there again, rules are made to be broken, and some people manage to look fabulous beaking these rules.....

Just a few thoughts, which are not meant to offend,

Alex.

Does it bother anyone else that Sarah always says what a fantastic mother she is? I mean Andrew and the girls surely deserve some of the credit especially with all the things they have had to deal with because of her. I would think she would be the last person Catherine would go to for any advice.

I agree 110%. By her own admission (in her first book, My Story), she had "never warmed much to babies", skied down a "blackrun" when she was pregnant with Beatrice and took a nasty tumble (pretty irresponsible to go skiing when you're pregnant), left Beatrice for 12 weeks when she went to Australia when Beatrice was only 6 weeks old, and admitted that when the girls were small they "weren't with [Sarah and Andrew] on outtings, nor did they see me [Sarah] much through the week" where she would "bury herself in [her] work" at Buckingham Palace. She then wrote "it broke my heart when Beatrice would ask her nanny "Why can't we go live where mommy lives sometimes", yet she made no move to spend more time with her daughters in order to become a better mother.

I believe that Sarah lacks emotional continuity, which is why she was never much of a mother to the girls. And I sincerely doubt Catherine would ever ask Sarah's advice on anything.

That video shows that Sarah just does not get the enormity of what she's done. She is clearly angry at any questions related to her trying to sell access to Andrew and does not want to answer them. What's surprising is that the interviewer puts up with her arrogance and lies and meekly goes on. If that were me, I'd simply tell her "you're lucky anyone wants to interview you, and if you can't handle the hard questions, then perhaps you should keep your head down and your mouth shut and not agree to be interviewed."

She never was a very good mother so I don't get where she can claim that she was.

Sarah will be the marquee guest (as in for the hour) on The Rosie Show, November 1 on OWN.

Not sure if it's a live or live-to-tape interview. Regardless, Rosie O'Donnell and Sarah are old pals, known each other since the 1990s and Rosie's always been in Sarah's corner so it's bound to be a very positive interview.

One rule is "never wear shoes lighter than your skirt or your hose." I think that gleaming silver qualifies as lighter than black. ;) The young Princess of Wales circa early '80s would wear evening slippers in gold or silver, but always with sheer hose and usually with a big skirt.

And 'silver shoes' are regarded as a no-no with black outfits and tights - I hardly rate myself a 'fashion plate' and aim only to dress so as 'not to let the side down' and the rules of English 'ladylike evening dressing' used to be that you usually are meant to ensure that your shoes match the colour of your tights and skirt.

I agree 110%. By her own admission (in her first book, My Story), she had "never warmed much to babies", skied down a "blackrun" when she was pregnant with Beatrice and took a nasty tumble (pretty irresponsible to go skiing when you're pregnant), left Beatrice for 12 weeks when she went to Australia when Beatrice was only 6 weeks old, and admitted that when the girls were small they "weren't with [Sarah and Andrew] on outtings, nor did they see me [Sarah] much through the week" where she would "bury herself in [her] work" at Buckingham Palace. She then wrote "it broke my heart when Beatrice would ask her nanny "Why can't we go live where mommy lives sometimes", yet she made no move to spend more time with her daughters in order to become a better mother.

I remember when she left Bea to go on that trip. she left her because the trip was scheduled months before she ever knew she was pregnant and when Diana took William she was given a ton of grief by the press and reportly by BP. Sarah admitted back then she didnt want a replay of what Diana went through.

That is funny cause I remember the time very well. Taking William with her gave Diana wonderful press over here in Oz and at home. And really if it was such a problem the Queen could have stopped it. It makes no sense Sarah would have any trouble taking Beatrice. Most of the concern about William was him travelling on the same plane as his father. That problem did not exist for Andrew and Sarah. Also a lot of Sarah's trip was more private then public official. Sarah could have taken Beatrice she chose not too. Sarah extended what was supposed to be a few weeks up to about 3 months. Following Andrew all over the place when most other Navy wives were not allowed too. I still remember the incredible bad press she got for leaving her so no I don't buy BP thought it was a good idea and the even worse bad press she got for following Andrew around. Sarah tends to rewrite things to suit herself she does it with everything. It suits her for everyone to believe she has always been a devoted mother, but people have long memories and remember all the trips away having fun with whoever she was with at that moment. Of course that wouldn't be how Sarah remembers it!

I remember it in exactly the same way too, Meadow. In fact, IIRC, Diana and Charles were showered with praise for taking William with them, and I believe that the couple's Australian hosts were charmed with the idea, too. I can remember watching the BBC news and seeing the couple with Prince William practising his crawling on a rug.

Since the mid to late 1960's, it has been very much easier to travel with royal babies - fast, comfortable [for Royals, certainly!!] air travel has eliminated long sea voyages. Royal Couples can take the best nannies with them. Diana had Barbara Barnes at the time, and although, from memory, I think there were a couple of times during the tour when Charles and Diana had to leave William with Barbara Barnes for a couple of nights, the royal couple mostly saw a great deal of William.

I am sure that Sarah could have easily taken Beatrice [I think her Nanny at that time was the Princess-Christian [hugely exclusive nanny training college] trained Alison Wardley. At that type of training school, Nannies were trained to deal with charges whose parents were very often moving all over the world.

I hate to say it, but when considering anything that Sarah says in her tv interviews and appearances etc, I always take it with a huge pinch of salt. Recently we've seen her claiming - and then retracting, the horrible slur that her mother beat her. We've seen her saying various things about the 'cash for access sting' that were then easily contradicted by viewing the footage of the incident.

And, so, regretfully, because I don't hate Sarah and wish only the best for her, I would not put a great deal of reliance on what she claims in her interviews and tv appearances. IMHO, I don't think Sarah was over-keen on B or E when they were babies. Perhaps that is because she had no 'use' for them, although I readily concede that this is just speculation on my part following what I myself saw at the time. And what I do remember is that at Guards' Polo Club, people who knew Major Ron and the Ferguson family well, watched the York marriage disintegrate and Sarah's maintenance demands start to appear in the press, and immediately started to refer to B and E as the 'SLMTs'. When I first heard this phrase, I could not work out what it meant, but was subsequently told it stood for 'Sarah's Little Meal Tickets'. Which in many ways has proved quite right - perhaps another reason why I always find it a bit creepy to watch Sarah 'holding hands' with her adult daughters - at times, she did not seem that close to them before they suddenly became of real use to her. This sounds harsh, and I apologise in advance for offending people, but I think that Sarah has the capacity to be quite manipulative, and just because she claims in her tv appearances and interviews a particular fact about (say) her daughters / her family / Andrew, does not mean the particular fact is true. The allegation about her mother for example was later retracted and put down to 'a joke'. Although IMHO it did not seem so at the time.

Only my thoughts and not meant to offend and please forgive me for posting frankly.

Alex

Last edited:
I believe the entire specter of Sarah needs to be dealt with frankly. She is a loose cannon to herself, her children and the BRF. I am always surprised when people on this forum defend her, but to each his own, as the old saying goes.

I think her use of her children, under the guise of being a great and loving mother, is horrific. If she truly put them at the highest priority in her life, she would conduct herself entirely differently. If she wanted them to be respected, she would act respectfully and lower her profile. She would, as good mothers everywhere do with their adult children, seek to help them as opposed to seeking help for herself.

Sarah tends to rewrite things to suit herself she does it with everything. It suits her for everyone to believe she has always been a devoted mother, but people have long memories and remember all the trips away having fun with whoever she was with at that moment. Of course that wouldn't be how Sarah remembers it!

You mean all devoted mothers do not cavort with their lovers with their children around to watch?:eek:

The princesses are grown-up now and one hopes that they are able to understand how manipulation works. At least after having seen the result of their participation in the "Finding Sarah"-series and how this participation was used to trivialise their feelings about their mother in the final cut of the series should have given them food for thought. I don't think for a moment if they turned to their Royal aunts for help in coping with that situation either one would turn them away and give them the feeling they are backed into Sarah's corner forever.

As for behaving for the sake of relatives: Gary Goldsmith seems to me a perfect example of how behaviour can be adjusted for the sake of somebody one cares about. He once made scandalous headlines because he as a self-made millionaire with working-class background didn't care about the public getting to know about his lifestyle but once set-up he obviously realised that these headlines disturbed and hurt his sister and his niece, so ever since he has lived a quiet and as dignified life as possible. He dressed and behaved at the wedding, didn't give any interviews and keeps himself very much in the background. Why can't Sarah do likewise for her daughters if an uncle can do that for his niece?

Last edited:
I watched Sarah tonight on the Rosie show on OWN. She was introduced as the duchess of York Sarah Ferguson.
Sarah interjects Beatrice into the conversation within the first seconds saying Beatrice had just told her that they were selling her hat for halloween costumes. They talk about 'the' wedding and Sarah says she was in Thailand, I wasn't there and Rosie says ya, you were calling and texting and I told you to hop a plane and come to Florida with me and have a couple of margaritas. Then Rosie scolds the royal family saying "that wasn't nice of them, bad manners royals" and the audience applauds.
Sarah and Rosie have known each other since '95 and, either Rosie thinks she's still a royal or wants to give that impression:
Rosie "When you are a royal..."
Sarah "A lot is expected of you"
Later, Rosie "I'd chat with you and you'd say here's my Prince and this deep voice would come on the phone and I'd say Andy..."
Rosie asks if Sarah thought about how difficult life as a royal would be and Sarah responds "I loved my boy."
Rosie criticizes Pippa's name and Sarah responds "she's got a great bum."
They talk about Beatrice's hat again and Sarah says she told Beatrice to get the scissors and cut it down, but you couldn't just run out and get another hat that morning.
Rosie gushes about Sarah's OWN show and says although B&E weren't really in it, the small part they were in was in her opinion very moving (or something like that) and that you could really see the connection between Sarah and B&E. Sarah adds "B&E wanted to be on the show to show how proud they are of me."
Rosie tells her she's a great mom. They talk about Sarah's mom leaving her when she was 12 or 13 and Sarah says she could never leave her daughters, but hastens to say that she and her mom had made up before her mom died. She says her mom, dad, then Diana then Carolyn(?) all died close together.
Rosie asks about Sarah moving to America, Sarah says she'd like to, but she has to find a job and she loves Chicago and maybe she and Rosie could go around and give children their wishes or buy children out of slavery (she references what she learned in her conference in San Jose.) She says they could have Blake (Rosie's child?) and Eugenie in the back fighting over stuff while they do this roaming around feature thing.
Cut to commercial, then they come back and make a couple of hot dogs with some hot dog guys and Rosie quips "does the Queen ever call up and say come on over for hot dogs?"
That's pretty much all I noted - realize, I've never watched any shows Rosie's been on, and this will be the last I do watch!

So much for moving on. Sarah could off corrected Rosie but hey then why would she be interviewed? So she hasn't moved to the US yet she needs a job well now that is out there too. Notice Sarah never said when I was a Royal or yes a lot was expected of me and I didn't do a good job. Rosie clearly has no idea about Sarah at all and if she is that gullable she must be a really bad interviewer. This really does show Sarah has no intentions of finding herself she wants everyone to still think she is a royal and treat her like one. You notice in England she never says stuff like this. One step forward, two steps back again.

She says they could have Blake (Rosie's child?) and Eugenie in the back fighting over stuff while they do this roaming around feature thing.

That does sound as if Eugenie was her slave, so she can tell her what to do on TV - if I was Eugenie I'd be really angry! Talk about children trafficking.... :bang:

She never stops does she? She really is going to hit a wall and I wish that someone would get her daughters AWAY from her and take her "Duchess of York" nimbus and let her hit the stupid wall.

Slowly I come to believe that what Alex wrote is true: when people called the York Princesses "Sarah's little Meal Tickets", they were spot on. The way she obviously talks about them shows that she has neither respect for the girls as grown-up persons nor any regard for the difficulty she gets them in on being Princesses of the Blood Royal. It's only ever Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. Bad enough that still some media persons buy into tht "good mother"-thing but what really annoys me is that Beatrice and Eugenie seems so absolutely devoted to their mother that she can even in all openness on Tv talk about them as if they were her possession.

I watched Sarah tonight on the Rosie show on OWN. She was introduced as the duchess of York Sarah Ferguson.
Sarah interjects Beatrice into the conversation within the first seconds ..........

Rosie tells her she's a great mom. They talk about Sarah's mom leaving her when she was 12 or 13 and Sarah says she could never leave her daughters, but hastens to say that she and her mom had made up before her mom died. She says her mom, dad, then Diana then Carolyn(?) all died close together

sndral, Thank You so much for this fascinating review of Sarah's interview. [And, I might say, I can just about read about this type of interview - had I been watching it live on tv......well, I think I would have exploded with rage.]

There is much that I wish to comment on, but before posting my views [I have to go out shortly], please can I try to help with some information?

I presume that 'Carolyn' probably refers to Sarah's former flat-mate, Carolyn Beckwith-Smith. [Before she married Andrew, Sarah shared a flat with Carolyn in Lavender Hill, South London.] Carolyn moved in the circles that we all did and I can remember her well. From memory, people used to worry that her nose wasn't her best feature, which seemed a strange thing to worry about because whenever I used to see her, I always thought that she looked abosultely lovely.

The Beckwith-Smiths are a socially impeccable family, with very close connections to public life and service. Carolyn had a younger brother called Rupert, who we all used to reckon was very dashing (although just a bit too young for me) and a sister called Camilla. A relative, Anne Beckwith-Smith, was a lady-in-waiting to Princess Diana.

Carolyn married Henry Cotterell, heir to Sir John Cotterell (a baronet - heriditary title). Henry was actually known as 'Harry' - in exactly the same way as Prince Harry is really Prince Henry.

Carolyn was as different from Sarah as can be; I can testify that she had a sense of fun, but she was very much a lady. I don't mean she was stuffy or prissy, but just ladylike. Sarah was IIRC Godmother to Carolyn's daughter and I know that Carolyn was a godmother to Beatrice. I believe that the Queen saw Carolyn as a (potentially) stabilising force on Sarah, and HM approved the appointment of Carolyn as an extra lady-in waiting to Sarah. [not very-experienced royal-watchers often used to confuse the two Beckwith-Smith ladies-in-wating when talking about them, even though they were physically very different.]

Carolyn died (tragically young) around 10 or 12 years ago (sorry, my memory is a bit hazy at times when it comes to years, as time seems to fly) from malignant melanoma. I can remember the event quite cleary, if not the actual year, because the funeral sevice was actually held on Fergie's birthday; many royal watchers who didn't know Carolyn actually remember the day for another reason as well; Major Ferguson chose that particular day to make public his birthday greeting to Sarah, in which he stated that he advised Sarah to re-marry Prince Andrew. I can remember the fury that was spreading throughout my social circle at the time, because it seemed so crass to make such a public statement when a young mother was being buried.

With hindsight, I regret to say that NOTHING that the Fergusons do or did surprises me any more.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Last edited:
Very interesting and knowledgeable as always Diarist. Thank you.

She never stops does she? She really is going to hit a wall and I wish that someone would get her daughters AWAY from her and take her "Duchess of York" nimbus and let her hit the stupid wall.

Absolutely! IMHO, the thing is that the ONLY thing that Sarah can now do to link herself with royalty [and so exploit her royal connections for money] is to continually talk about her daughters.

I said on another thread that in my opinion, the reason that the Queen never actually invites Sarah to what she calls 'the Big House' [Sandringham] for Christmas is not because HM and particularly Prince Philip hate Sarah [because I don't actually think they do hate Sarah, although I can well believe that P.P. dislikes her] is because the Queen is canny enough to realise that Sarah is probably going to talk about it in her interviews and tv appearances, and in other words, invade the RF's privacy. It would also, I suppose, 'underscore' in some people's minds that Sarah is 'still royal'.

I said some weeks ago that I thought that had Fergie not been invited to the Royal Wedding because of the then very-recent cash-for-access and Sarah's near-bankruptcy scandals. Looking back, I now think that the decision to exclude her from the wedding was also to prevent Sarah talking about it: remember, even without an invitation, and despite the fact that I do not think that Sarah had even seen William and Harry much for about 10 years, Sarah still managed to divert some of the focus of the 'surrounding glory of the wedding' to herself. Thus we heard all about what she thought of Catherine and what advice she would give to her, despite the fact that Sarah has, so far as I am aware, never even met Catherine. We heard about how Sarah spent the wedding day. We heard how she was 'constantly on the phone' to Andrew and the girls [poor them!!] on the day of the actual ceremony itself, and how it reminded her and Andrew about their own wedding day at Westminster Abbey 25 (!!!!) years previously [hardly topical by that stage!] and that how Andrew had allegedly carried her photo in his pocket, making her in effect 'part of the day', too. And we heard Sarah in her interviews say how like Diana, she couldn't be part of the wedding either, which she regarded as a link to the day. [surely the most tasteless remark of the whole wedding?] And in fact, to pre-empt the possibility of someone pointing out to Sarah that she and Diana hadn't spoken for a very long time in the period up to Diana's death, I remember Sarah glibly remarking that a 'friend' [very convenient, these 'friends'!!] ''had told Sarah that just before Diana died", Diana had asked this friend ''where 'Red' " [presumably Sarah!] was ''and that she wanted to get in touch with 'Red'. '' Oh yeah! How convenient!

Make no mistake, in her quest to continue to make money out of the BRF, it appears that there is nothing that Sarah won't do, however tastless, unfair or inacurrate it might be. IMHO, the only thing that the BRF can do is to deny Sarah as much opportunity as they can to avoid her constantly talking. And, as I have speculated on the appropriate thread, IMHO I reckon that that is why the BRF feels they cannot take a chance with B and E having a royal role.

Regarding the inteview with Rosie: it is SUCH a pity that people seldom challenge Sarah when she says things - here, it seems that the audience in effect showed their disaproval the BRF because Sarah wasn't invited to the wedding. A more perceptive interviewer, rather than just a sycophant, could have tried for a much more interesting answer by saying: You had no hesitation in committing adultery during your very short marriage - and even when you were pregnant with Eugenie; the split from Andrew was your choice and your doing and you have continuously exploited your links with the BRF for commercial gain, you have been involved in countless scandals, you have never even met Catherine and you haven't seen William for years; most families, where there has been a difficult divorce DO NOT invite an ex-wife to a wedding where she has no connection to the Couple as a whole so why do YOU think you were entitled to an invitation to William and Catherine's wedding? Instead, the interviewer proceeds as though its the BRF who has always been at fault.

Just my thoughts and NOT meant to offend,

Alex

Last edited:
Absolutely! IMHO, the thing is that the ONLY thing that Sarah can now do to link herself with royalty [and so exploit her royal connections for money] is to continually talk about her daughters.

From what I've been reading about her recent interview with Rosie, it does seem that her links and her daughters are the mainstay of any conversation with Sarah.

Its kind of sad when you realize that this is a woman who really wants to go out there and champion good causes and be in the public eye to make a difference.
She very well could IF she could get past the ego. Sitting there with Rosie, she very well could have relayed just what she knows is going on with human trafficking, made people aware of the need to do something about it and the need to be aware of things going on that are detrimental to our society.

Instead we get the same rehash of Sarah talking about Sarah and Rosie gushing on Sarah mistreatment by the BRF as if Sarah is owed and deserves status that Sarah through her own actions threw away.

The more I read and hear about what Sarah is doing, the more I am inclined to think that as well as using her daughters and her past connection to the BRF, she is also using appearances at charitable functions for self aggrandizement and ego stroking.

From what I've been reading about her recent interview with Rosie, it does seem that her links and her daughters are the mainstay of any conversation with Sarah.

Its kind of sad when you realize that this is a woman who really wants to go out there and champion good causes and be in the public eye to make a difference........

Osipi, I have a tremendous respect for what you always say, but sometimes I wonder only if Sarah is first and foremost looking for a way to remain in the public eye, rather than specifically take on charitable causes for the sake of doing good. Indeed, in the final sentence of your post, you do seem to be entertaining just such a possibility yourself.

The Charity Sector has long relied on the BRF, 'Society Philanthropists' and indeed ordinary members of the public to help both with their fundraising and their 'profile raising', but over the years many people have undertaken 'good works' for less than wholesome reasons: a few examples are mixing with royalty, attendance at Society functions, the receipt of an honour such as the OBE or even a Knighthood given 'for charitable services'. This has even led to Charity being named 'charidee' by some cynical commentators. I don't want to pour scorn on any genuine efforts by Sarah, but I am afraid to say that sometimes I do think she is capable of being manipulative, and although undoubtedly her efforts have assisted in the raising of a great deal of money, there does seem to be a fair amound of self-interest in Sarah's actions at times. A forum member here once quoted Dr Alan Starkie in his book [which I personally have not read] describing how Sarah used her charity contacts to find her 'an event' in Ireland to cover up her particular romantic assignation at that time...

I do not wish to offend anybody by what I say, but do honestly hold the view that at times 'the jury is out' when it comes to some of Sarah's ostensibly charitable activities.

Alex

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom