Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I think that was all part of the "show," with OWN footing the bill. If there is one thing that Sarah Ferguson excels in, it is spending money: especially money that isn't hers.

I don't doubt that OWN is footing the bill. It just does not look good given what she has been saying about her finanical situation. I don't know whose idea it was to film her trying on clothes & hats. That's a clear indication that the show does not have her best interest at heart. It reminds of those " the real housewives " reality shows here in the U.S. They show these women living this ultra fab lifestyle. Living in mansions, driving range rovers, spending tons of money shopping. Only to find out most of them are literally bankrupt.

I have no knowledge of trust laws in the UK but IMO, someone needs to move in, if possible, and put some restrictions on the trust funds belonging to the girls and I'm guessing the only person who can do this is HM the Queen. Whoever may have power in this situation, whether Andrew or HM, they need to grow a spine and set some limits.

Under English Trust Law, all trusts are controlled by the Trustees who are named to manage the Trust when it is created. We don't know who the Trustees of B + E's Trust fund are, but I would expect there to be 3 or 4 and I would speculate they might include Andrew plus a Solicitor and possibly Sir Michael Peat, [Courtier who in effect was the Queen's financial manager]'.

In theory these people could demand Sarah return the 'trust property', i.e. the money she admits 'sponging' on from her daughters' trust. In practice, I expect the Trustees won't bother chasing Sarah for the money because she won't have any hope of repaying it...

Oddly enough, the tax man might take a different view - in fact, at one point, The Times took the view that the HM Customs and Revenue [the UK version of the IRS] were probably enquiring into the 'access cash', especially as rumours [and I do stress these were rumours] were that Sarah had already sold access to Andrew before the sting, which the Fake Sheikh apparently set up because he had received information that Sarah was already 'selling' Access to Andrew....

Please note that what I have repeated is speculaton on the part of The Times.

Alex

Last edited:
According to reports (either DM or Telegraph) she is a long time friend (according to her) and has said they are only friends, and she works in an art gallery. In any event, Sarah knows that as soon as Andrew is in a serious relationship she is going to be sent packing.

As to her "friend" needing money ... Sarah is "the friend" IMO. I don't hate Sarah but I am really vastly tired of her. She seems to have a sense of entitlement based on what others have, whether it is the Polo/racing set or her former sister in law. The fact is, Sarah Ferguson NEVER had the drawing power of Diana, Princess of Wales.

I have no knowledge of trust laws in the UK but IMO, someone needs to move in, if possible, and put some restrictions on the trust funds belonging to the girls and I'm guessing the only person who can do this is HM the Queen. Whoever may have power in this situation, whether Andrew or HM, they need to grow a spine and set some limits.

ETA ... good grief ... re: Access Hollywood ... Sarah is NOT A FELLOW ROYAL AND HAS NOT BEEN FOR 20 YEARS. She really needs to get over herself. This current nonsense calling her a "star" is just pulling her in deeper and deeper, IMO.

Oh I agree with you. She knows if he meets someone she is outta there. It's almost like she is playing a game of beat the clock trying to get him to remarry her before he meets someone else.

My guess therefore is that the Queen will insist that something is done; next year is the Diamond Jubilee and I suspect that the BRF won't be happy if further antics from Sarah errupt [she will be running short of money by then, presumably, especially if she is already telling people that she is still teetering on the verge of bankruptcy...]

At the end of the day, perhaps a solution is for the Queen (yet again) to put her hands in her pocket and come up with a monthly allowance payable to a financial manager for Sarah [perhaps by lodging capital in some form of Trust] and finding some form of 'grace of favour' house for Sarah in Windsor [as the Queen has now done from the once-disgraced Marina Ogilvy] in return (say) for Sarah agreeing to drop the 'duchess' title [slightly OT but did you see the extract in which Sarah gives someone a business card with 'The Duchess of York' on it, despite not having had the power to use this title for nearly 20 years] and refraining from any business activity or meeting [fake sheikhs included] without vetting by BP or Sarah's new Trustee...]

All this might sound hard on poor Sarah, but at the end of the day I think that it is most in her interests if she was controlled......

As usual I will end by saying that I don't mean to offend anyone, least of all Sarah's supporters, as the foregoing is only my opinion

Alex

PS - read the comments on the OWN site [which I can read, even if I can't see the video], from which it seems that the respondents all feel very supportive of the apparently abused Sarah......strange; is this view representative? I had thought from what I read here that many were fed up with Sarah's current outpourings............

I think, even if the royal family was willing to provide Sarah with periodic funding, she'd still find a way to get into trouble. Sarah doesn't want to live a quietly affluent life - she could have had that after the divorce. She seems to want to live the life of a rock star's wife, and a rock star who's much richer than she's ever been, at that.

I think the comments on the website are biased, probably because they've been edited, as someone else already said, but also because Sarah hits all the hot buttons for Oprah's core audience. Abuse, being a "people pleaser", emotional damage after a divorce, financial troubles.... All she needs to do now is talk about her weight and/ or how she was bullied in school and she'll be set.

We've been watching Shania Twain's series on OWN and it was simliar to Sarah's in the way that Shania was also on a journey to rediscover herself after everything she's been through. She's also lost her voice along the way and had realized the two were connected.

Here's the big, as in the space between the walls of the Grand Canyon big, difference between the two shows though. Shania not only knew she needed help, *but*, was also willing to do whatever was needed and also do the hard work needed to get to the root of everything.

Sarah OTOH...Not so much. She wants that quick fix so she can go off on her merry way and, as night follows day, act just as she has all these years until the next scandal happens. Which *will* happen. I think we all know that sadly. The only thing Sarah wanted out of all of this is attention and she's getting it. The truly sad thing is it's the wrong kind of attention for her, the Family and the Royal Family in general.

Oh and can I just add to the growing chorus here about Suzie's comments on leaving Royal Lodge where she was going on and on about Sarah being Royal. This really bugs me, so forgvie the upcoming shriek...

SHE'S NOT A ROYAL ANYMORE!!!!

She's divorced for crying out loud. The only connection she has w/the RF is w/her daughters and ex husband/doormat and that's *it*!!

Sorry, but that ticks me off to no end.

Can't remember who said it, but I've never thought of Sarah seeing Diana come out in public w/her eating disorder as perhaps Sarah seeing that and going "Ah HA!!" and thinking that's the way to go to get sympathy and attention. The only difference being is that after Diana admitted that, that was that. She never used it in the public after those admissions IIRC. Whereas Sarah to this day is still going on and on about this thing that happened and that thing that happened and "Oh woe is me...My Man left me to go out w/the Navy after our Wedding!!!!"

Oh, you mean just like every other Serving Member in the Armed Forces in any Country? Did she *seriously* not see that coming? Really?

I really and truly wish she'd never done this thing, as she's not coming across well, good luck to her trying to get anyone to take her on after this and it's also hurting her Daughters.

What a mess!! :eek:(

I have to say that the whole 'helping a friend' business just does not ring true, and I am sorry to say this because I don't want to seem to Sarah-Bash. Helping a friend is a laudable thing to do, so why go behind your own staff's back - if you were genuinely wishing to help a friend, would it not have been better to have called your staff together and say 'XYZ wants to go to uni but can't afford it - can we help?' In which case the staff members should say to Sarah 'No, we can't help'.

On one of her recent TV appearances, don't recall which one, Sarah stated she needed the money to pay back a friend she borrowed money from.

Oh and can I just add to the growing chorus here about Suzie's comments on leaving Royal Lodge where she was going on and on about Sarah being Royal. This really bugs me, so forgvie the upcoming shriek...

SHE'S NOT A ROYAL ANYMORE!!!!

She's divorced for crying out loud. The only connection she has w/the RF is w/her daughters and ex husband/doormat and that's *it*!

I truly believe this is where the style "Sarah, Duchess of York" has been a big advantage for Sarah over the years. SHE knows as well as those of us here on the forums that this style denotes a divorced wife of a Duke but the majority of the American public would see this as her still being a full fledged Duchess of York of the UK... titled and styled as such also with all the rank and privileges of a Royal. There's been a few times where I've seen her on TV or in interviews where she is called "The Duchess of York" and she just soaked it right in. Diana, on the other hand, would correct people when anyone addressed her as "Princess Diana".

Without Andrew and her girls, I really believe that Sarah would lose a lot of who she thinks she is and have some real problems. When I was raising my children I can remember reading somewhere where it was stated "A parent's job is to become unnecessary to the child" and that stuck with me. She's increasingly seems to be becoming more and more attached to both Andrew and the princesses and sooner or later they are all going to realize that this is seriously hindering their own lifestyles. Its been remarked somewhere in the forums here that perhaps Diana would have been "the mother-in-law from hell" but it'll be nothing compared to the iron umbilical cord that Sarah will have attached to her daughter's lives and families unless something drastic happens.

Andrew is totally a horse of a different color. He's never spoken out on what he thinks or feels and we really don't know what his feelings are for Sarah. He may be choosing not to remarry because of his beliefs (CoE and divorce), he may see Sarah as a "third child" and hence be there for her when she needs him like a father would or maybe he really does want to retain the relationship they had when they married before royal duties and protocol and scandals and outside things threw the proverbial cold water on falling in love.
The picture Sarah is painting in abstracts is that she and Andrew still very much have a closeness that no one or no thing will ever be able to come between. I think the only thing that would force Andrew to address this issue is Sarah coming out and blatantly stating they share the same bedroom. Once again I think this was shown by the remark Sarah herself made "We're divorced TO each other not divorced FROM each other". Powerful statement if you ask me.

Its not unusual for anyone to reach their 40s or 50s and have an identity crisis. I've been down that road myself. We look at our lives and wonder who the heck we really are. In the 60s, young people took off to "find themselves". We want to be something other than "Joe's wife" or "Jane's mother" or "the Cookie Lady down the street". When we do find the answers, we realize that they have come from within and we can easily be Joe's wife and Jane's mother and bake a LOT of cookies happily or even make major changes. Its all about finding that best friend in the mirror.

Once he does seriously get involved with someone romantically, even if it didn't lead to marriage, it would send a signal to Sarah that she needs to move on with her life.

Andrew was pretty serious with Amanda Staveley, if we can believe the papers at the time--I remember reading rumours of an upcoming engagement. But Sarah didn't move on then...actually, she moved right back in a few years later!

It doesn't surprise me that any mention of the "Cash for Access" or the little fact about Epstien's financial aid are going to subjects that will get Sarah's hackles up because she knows deep down that there's no one to blame for these actions except herself. Or perhaps dealing with those subjects are just too much "Sarah" and not the "Brand Sarah" that the multitudes of followers she's imagining can identify with. Emotional problems that can be blamed on external things (bad marriage, bad parenting, or environmental) make one a victim which Sarah is portraying herself to be. Things like greed are character shortcomings and for the most part stem from self-absorption which is really the issues that need to be addressed IMHO and is clearly shown in the clip of Sarah out shopping for things that any sane person would realize is not a necessity and totally contradicts the help she is supposedly getting from these therapists. A parallel would be filming someone drastically needing to lose weight and going on a "journey" to better health such as a health farm, digging into the roots of why the overeating exists and setting goals etc and then filming the person going on a spree to McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and then retiring for the night with Ben and Jerry. The clear message being sent out then is "hey folks... this show is really a joke.. do not attempt this at home.".

I've really a sinking feeling that this is but a step downwards for Sarah on the destruction spiral and that she's headed for even more of a breakdown but its been well known that a person has to seriously hit their own rock bottom and realize it before they can start the uphill climb.

I completely agree. If Sarah owned up to her problems and the program showed her taking steps to fix them, that would be one story. But from what I can gather, Sarah just keeps steering the conversation back to her emotional issues and her past, and everyone lets her. Maybe someone who has watched Finding Sarah can
tell me...Suze Orman is a financial advisor: what kind of financial advice did she give Sarah (if any)? How did Sarah respond to it?

It seems to me that the cash for access scandal stemmed from Sarah's (severe) tendency to live beyond her means, and that should be addressed on the show. If the program is showing Sarah shopping for shoes and hats, when we know she has no money, how are we supposed to take any of the show seriously?

I agree with Osipi...I don't think Sarah has hit rock bottom yet, but if she keeps going, she will hit it sooner later. I didn't like sound of Finding Sarah and thought that Oprah would get more out of it than Sarah would; but the show seems to be turning out worse than I thought. I'm not sure Sarah has taken any constructive insights from the show at all, and it doesn't look like a launching point for any future inspirational speaking career. Sarah is basically painting herself as a victim and a child who can't take care of herself...and who would employ a person like that?

Actually, I wonder if Sarah is deliberately doing this. I just don't get the sense, from her behaviour, that she wants to rebuild her career. The subliminal message seems to be that she's found the world outside the royal family too hard, and if they won't let her back in, she'll continue to live with Andrew indefinitely...

Perhaps it's too late for that?
Beatrice and Eugenie are of age, so it's possible there are no restrictions on their trust funds.

Perhaps it's too late for that?
Beatrice and Eugenie are of age, so it's possible there are no restrictions on their trust funds.

Being "of age" sometimes has no bearings on trust funds. There have been stories for ages of different stipulations set to be met before the trust fund is handed over free and clear. From personal experience, my children had to be 30 to have complete control of theirs and I believe there was a set age also for William and Harry's trust fund from their mother.

I would think that with the divorce settlement type of trust funds set up for Beatrice and Eugenie, there would be stipulations. We will never know as those details will never be made public and shouldn't be.

Trust fund age limits are often 25 years in England and Wales i.e. the age at which the so-called 'beneficiaries' [B + E in this case] become entitled to the use of the Capital, not just the income from the trust ; as to use of their funds, see my previous post # 152 on the other page in which I speculate that the Trustees in theory could take action to recover any money improperly spent by Sarah, but probably wouldn't do so in practice because.........has she any money they could recover?!!!

Alex

Last edited:
Without Andrew and her girls, I really believe that Sarah would lose a lot of who she thinks she is and have some real problems. When I was raising my children I can remember reading somewhere where it was stated "A parent's job is to become unnecessary to the child" and that stuck with me. She's increasingly seems to be becoming more and more attached to both Andrew and the princesses and sooner or later they are all going to realize that this is seriously hindering their own lifestyles. Its been remarked somewhere in the forums here that perhaps Diana would have been "the mother-in-law from hell" but it'll be nothing compared to the iron umbilical cord that Sarah will have attached to her daughter's lives and families unless something drastic happens.

Andrew is totally a horse of a different color. He's never spoken out on what he thinks or feels and we really don't know what his feelings are for Sarah. He may be choosing not to remarry because of his beliefs (CoE and divorce), he may see Sarah as a "third child" and hence be there for her when she needs him like a father would or maybe he really does want to retain the relationship they had when they married before royal duties and protocol and scandals and outside things threw the proverbial cold water on falling in love.
The picture Sarah is painting in abstracts is that she and Andrew still very much have a closeness that no one or no thing will ever be able to come between. I think the only thing that would force Andrew to address this issue is Sarah coming out and blatantly stating they share the same bedroom. Once again I think this was shown by the remark Sarah herself made "We're divorced TO each other not divorced FROM each other". Powerful statement if you ask me.

Its not unusual for anyone to reach their 40s or 50s and have an identity crisis. I've been down that road myself. We look at our lives and wonder who the heck we really are. In the 60s, young people took off to "find themselves". We want to be something other than "Joe's wife" or "Jane's mother" or "the Cookie Lady down the street". When we do find the answers, we realize that they have come from within and we can easily be Joe's wife and Jane's mother and bake a LOT of cookies happily or even make major changes. Its all about finding that best friend in the mirror.

Very well written post Oispi which says it all really.

I

When Sarah provides that quote, though, she often mentions that Andrew said it first: and he definitely has said it himself. In one of his 50th birthday interviews, Andrew says that the secret of a good divorce is "being divorced to, not from." And when I Googled that quote, I found this:

He also said that he is divorced "to" not "from" Sarah, and that they remain great friends for the sake of their two daughters.
Blacktie | Captured Events | March, 31 2005 A Royal Welcome for Florence Crittenton

The article is from 2005, so Prince Andrew has been saying this for a while.

It is hard to say why Andrew still supports Sarah so much. I think he is attached to her, and I also think all three of them (Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie) think that if they stop supporting and caring for Sarah, she'll be totally lost.

When Sarah provides that quote, though, she often mentions that Andrew said it first: and he definitely has said it himself. In one of his 50th birthday interviews, Andrew says that the secret of a good divorce is "being divorced to, not from." And when I Googled that quote, I found this:

from 2005, so Prince Andrew has been saying this for a while.

It is hard to say why Andrew still supports Sarah so much. I think he is attached to her, and I also think all three of them (Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie) think that if they stop supporting and caring for Sarah, she'll be totally lost.

First bolded: Sarah has ever been a skillful mimic: her echo of Diana's woes, retold and recast as her own sad self; this of Andrew's (also recast and retold as "original" of her own mouth, but not) is a perfect example. Also important: it takes years for Sarah to "learn her lines" of what works for her personal gain, so often it is that by the time she gets her lines down, the play has moved on;

and

Second bolded: I would argue that Sarah is, currently, totally lost. And, possibly, irredeemably so.

I have a horrible feeling that someday Sarah will be in a granny flat in Beatrice's back yard, crashing her parties and "photobombing" her family pictures.:D

Last edited:
OWN's 'Finding Sarah' Finds an Audience - Hollywood Reporter

According to this report the show is hitting it's target audience.

We have to remember too what type of audience they're aiming for. For example, if it was targeted to British audiences, it would go over like a program to explain how bull roping made this guy impotent and he lost his wife, his truck and his dog in the process. I do really think that the program was delayed until after the grand infusion to the American public of William and Kate's wedding for the sole purpose that "royalty" and that Sarah being an erstwhile member of the BRF would draw the same response.

"OWN’s Finding Sarah – a docudrama about the redemption of Sarah Ferguson, erstwhile member of the British Royal Family – premiered to solid numbers on Sunday night."

That's a quote from the article. Actually for most Americans, and I do have to admit to being one on this, to just read that sentence it alludes in language that British Royal Family stands out and the erstwhile part is just a lonely adverb in a petunia patch. Also notice the use of docudrama. Sheesh.. they could have just said formerly of the British Royal Family but that's not good for the advertising and creating positive numbers. OR.. these folks have no clue themselves who Sarah really is. OR Oprah's PR have been working overtime.

I am American and yes I've watched this docudrama (ok.. I kept dozing off through the NYC episode which I know I can see at my choice over several times during this upcoming week. Mr. Remote knew I wanted to see the program and even though I dozed on and off on it, didn't change the channel (and 15 minutes later I resume this post because I asked him what if anything he "got" from the show).

His take is he heard this Dr. Phil firing questions at her but has no recollection of her responses. (he can hear the TV in another room and can multitask playing cards whereas I need to watch the closed captioning. I tease him he got the extra hearing that I had lost. With this show though, he didn't leave the room but sat there through the whole thing and didn't touch the remote when he saw me dozing.) When asked what he thought of Sarah, he just said "I know she was married to some royal somewhere?" He's not the demographic target audience but then again, neither am I. I'm over 54. :ROFLMAO: Maybe, just maybe Sarah here is the "hook" to promote the Notthedoctor Phil's show and I have no clue who Orman is. Is Suze Orman is a Oprah regular or not or what her reputation is as I've never heard of her before this.

As I was typing this, we are watching CNN and Piers Morgan has Ryan O'Neal on talking about his program coming up on OWN.
OWN's PR people are doing their job and getting the shows into the public domain.

The sad part is that for Sarah, I really do think SHE thinks that people care and in her mind maybe is trying to make a difference in others learning from her but she will be remembered as a fleeting time of fame such as the pet rock. We all remember the pet rock but we'd never go out and actually buy one again.

On one of her recent TV appearances, don't recall which one, Sarah stated she needed the money to pay back a friend she borrowed money from.

I don't remember that one at all. Then again, with all that's come out over the past year, there's been so many conflicting reports of what was said.

Anyhoo... this is a bit late but heartfelt none the less

Claddagh... nice to see you here and um...welcome to the zoo.. err TRF.. . I can change my avatar if you like. I think mine suits you better. :flowers:

IF Andrew did get remarried what would Sarah call herself then? There can't be two Duchess's of York and how would they stop Sarah from using the title? It would take some woman to take him on with her around and that could be why he is still single. Beatrice and Eugenie need to think ahead as well there boyfriends will soon get sick of mum sponging of them! I thought she had a house and was waiting for it to be decorated at least that was the excuse! The show isn't going to help her because I don't believe she really thinks she needs help. She just wants sympathy and money without doing any real hardwork. Which she has managed doing for most of her life anyway. I think she is very greedy and that was what got her in debt in the first place. Wanting to live a royal lifestyle that most of the royals don't live themselves. Maybe she bought the hat hoping to go to Zara's wedding but I don't see her being invited to anything royal again unless it is her daughters wedding and that will be interesting.

IF Andrew did get remarried what would Sarah call herself then? There can't be two Duchess's of York and how would they stop Sarah from using the title? It would take some woman to take him on with her around and that could be why he is still single. Beatrice and Eugenie need to think ahead as well there boyfriends will soon get sick of mum sponging of them! I thought she had a house and was waiting for it to be decorated at least that was the excuse! The show isn't going to help her because I don't believe she really thinks she needs help. She just wants sympathy and money without doing any real hardwork. Which she has managed doing for most of her life anyway. I think she is very greedy and that was what got her in debt in the first place. Wanting to live a royal lifestyle that most of the royals don't live themselves. Maybe she bought the hat hoping to go to Zara's wedding but I don't see her being invited to anything royal again unless it is her daughters wedding and that will be interesting.

From what those that really know titles and styles and all what needs to be known about them, I can pass on what I've learned.

When Sarah and Andrew married, his mother, the Queen created Andrew the Duke of York. By marriage to Andrew, just like it is still customary for a lot of women now, she took on her husband's "name" or rather title and styles of it. She was HRH The Duchess of York (and all of his secondary titles too). She was in that long list of titles also Princess Andrew as as stated, one takes the form of the males address. There's a lot on these forums that really get into specifics. Sarah and Andrew divorced. As an ex wife, she lost the HRH and is allowed to be styled as Sarah, Duchess of York. The style for those that know denotes a person no longer married to the Duke. It was the same with Diana. After her divorce from Charles, she was styled Diana, Princess of Wales. What most don't see is there's a difference. THE is the key word. Should Andrew remarry tomorrow, his wife will be The Duchess of York and all the feminine versions of the titles he holds. Sarah though could still use the style that she's got as Sarah, Duchess of York. The key point to me is that if you see the person's first name and a title (or style) after it, she's her own entity and not married to the title. To make things more clear on titles and styles.... Camilla is HRH THE Princess of Wales but is styled as HRH THE Duchess of Cornwall. Should they divorce, she could be styled as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall or legally even as Camilla, Princess of Wales. Its confuzzling and I've :bang::bang::bang::bang: for ages trying to get it right. I had good teachers here.

To be honest, I don't think that if Sarah and Zara met each other in a "posh" boutique, they'd recognize each other. As far as the the princesses' marriages, Sarah will be afforded the highest honor of being mother of the bride which is what she is. How the seating goes, I don't even want to guess.

And now for something NOT so completely different

After 20 some years it seems like my computer and I have made good friends. It knows me and knows what I'm looking for. Looking for something else entirely, this somehow came to my attention and I thought it should be passed on. Everyone seems to be jumpin on the Sarah bandwagon these days it seems. Too bad they don't talk to each other eh?

Sarah Ferguson: 'I wish Prince Andew and I never got divorced' | Mail Online

ETA: this answers my question of the coverage of Finding Sarah in the UK press. Its the Daily Mail but....

Last edited:
I wonder if it is just the divorce that she regrets or maybe(hopefully,because it could be the start of recovery if she does) she is beginning to take some responsibility for it. However, I suspect that like others who have HPD-and imo Sarah falls into this catagory-whilst they happily narrate their numerous problems to anybody willing to listen, they NEVER take responsibility for those problems, and with wide eyed naievete they make a convincing case for themselves until they sense that the listener is losing interest/patience and at such time they quickly find another listener. Cures aren't part of the HPDs adenda-what they seek is affirmation.

Couldn't the Queen give Sarah a grace-and-favor apartment, to get Fergie out of Andrew's (and the girls') orbit?

If she's living elsewhere, it would be easier for them to distance themselves from her problems- at least her financial problems.

As far as the the princesses' marriages, Sarah will be afforded the highest honor of being mother of the bride which is what she is. How the seating goes, I don't even want to guess.

Oh jeez when one of those girls get married that's going to be a site to see. She is not hiding the fact that she wants back in the royal fold but one of her daughters weddings the way her mind seems to work will give her just the leverage she needs to get back in. Just my thoughts.

Couldn't the Queen give Sarah a grace-and-favor apartment, to get Fergie out of Andrew's (and the girls') orbit?

If she's living elsewhere, it would be easier for them to distance themselves from her problems- at least her financial problems.

I was wondering...who does Royal Lodge really belong to? The Crown? Can the Queen tell Sarah she can't live there anymore if she is damaging the reputation of the royal family too much?

I don't see Andrew, Beatrice or Eugenie ever telling Sarah to leave, but maybe the Queen can step in?

She is not hiding the fact that she wants back in the royal fold but one of her daughters weddings the way her mind seems to work will give her just the leverage she needs to get back in. Just my thoughts.

Or what the BRF needs as a reason to get the girls out..

If Sarah got a letter on Buckingham Palace stationery telling her to quit Royal Lodge, I think that HM would have a worse case than Charles and Diana's divorce letter on her hands. The grief wouldn't be worth it, because it could split the York princesses from their grandmother, their cousins, and anyone else who would support HM's decision. It would only, possibly, work with a big pay-off and a gagging clause. In other words, no-one could ever find out that there even was such a letter. There's no way that I can imagine HM doing this in person.

I don't see Andrew, Beatrice or Eugenie ever telling Sarah to leave, but maybe the Queen can step in?

The Royal Lodge is a Crown property.

From what those that really know titles and styles and all what needs to be known about them, I can pass on what I've learned.

When Sarah and Andrew married, his mother, the Queen created Andrew the Duke of York. By marriage to Andrew, just like it is still customary for a lot of women now, she took on her husband's "name" or rather title and styles of it. She was HRH The Duchess of York (and all of his secondary titles too). She was in that long list of titles also Princess Andrew as as stated, one takes the form of the males address. There's a lot on these forums that really get into specifics. Sarah and Andrew divorced. As an ex wife, she lost the HRH and is allowed to be styled as Sarah, Duchess of York. The style for those that know denotes a person no longer married to the Duke. It was the same with Diana. After her divorce from Charles, she was styled Diana, Princess of Wales. What most don't see is there's a difference. THE is the key word. Should Andrew remarry tomorrow, his wife will be The Duchess of York and all the feminine versions of the titles he holds. Sarah though could still use the style that she's got as Sarah, Duchess of York. The key point to me is that if you see the person's first name and a title (or style) after it, she's her own entity and not married to the title. To make things more clear on titles and styles.... Camilla is HRH THE Princess of Wales but is styled as HRH THE Duchess of Cornwall. Should they divorce, she could be styled as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall or legally even as Camilla, Princess of Wales. Its confuzzling and I've :bang::bang::bang::bang: for ages trying to get it right. I had good teachers here.

To be honest, I don't think that if Sarah and Zara met each other in a "posh" boutique, they'd recognize each other. As far as the the princesses' marriages, Sarah will be afforded the highest honor of being mother of the bride which is what she is. How the seating goes, I don't even want to guess.

Just out of curiousity what if he marries someone who does not want to take the title duchess of york? What happens then? Due to all the negative press attached to the title & does not want to have spend her whole life saying" No that's not me that was the 1st duchess of york. I can't say I would blame her.

Just out of curiousity what if he marries someone who does not want to take the title duchess of york? What happens then? Due to all the negative press attached to the title & does not want to have spend her whole life saying" No that's not me that was the 1st duchess of york. I can't say I would blame her.

Andrew, as well as being Duke of York is also the Earl of Inverness and Baron Killyleagh. I suppose if his second wife wanted to avoid being Duchess of York, she could elect to be (say) The Countesss of Inverness, rather in the same way that Camilla chose to be called The Duchess of Cornwall to avoid [admitedly for different reasons] association with Diana, Princess of Wales.

This is only pure speculation on my part; at the end of the day who knows how things will turn out: Sarah might find love with an incredibly wealthy european aristocrat, marry him and take his style and title, which might even 'free up' [I use the term in the entirely non-technical sense] the associations with the 'Duchess of York' Style.

If he had been a generation or so younger, the wealthy Prince Alfonso of Hohenlohe-Langenburg would have done a treat for Sarah! An astute businessman, he was the founder of the jet-set Marbella Club, a favourite haunt of the rich and famous from the world of motorsport and indeed from the world of polo!! He was divorced from his first wife, who then............oh dear, this will not do, his wife claimed that the $1m settlement she received was not enough.......in other words, here we go again! Forgive me, I am just being a bit naughty and having a bit of fun.....

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom