Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all know Sarah is in the US at the moment, but Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie are reported to have had lunch with Oprah last Friday in Windsor. Very interesting:ermm:

I also have sympathy for Sarah and I donn't understand people's cruelty towards her sometimes.

I saw no one on this show being "cruel" to Sarah. Can you provide a clip or something?

What strikes me in all of this is that after the past week and all the stories about the Duke of Edinburgh's childhood and the terrible loneliness he must have suffered as a child not to mention a feeling of abandonment, we have "poor Sarah's" ever changing stories about her own terribly beleagured childhood. Somehow it just doesn't wash!!

PrincessofDurham - I didn't even draw that parallel but you are dead right.

I do NOT mean to Sarah-bash, but I feel that I am indeed hearing about what someone here on another thread called 'car crash tv'. Where can it go from here? IF Sarah again runs out of money, what can she claim now in order to come up with novel and interesting revelations. This is a human tragedy of the highest order, because I fear that other, innocent persons, are going to be hurt as well.

Alex

Yes, Alex, I also believe that, and have stated it in the other thread.

Last edited:
I also don't mean to Sarah-bash, but this woman is so frustrating.
She says she loves her parents - but accuses them of child abuse and maligns their reputations after their deaths.
She says she loves Andrew - but she causes him endless embarrassment and grief, has made him almost a laughing stock and has left a black mark on his reputation that he will never recover from.
She says she loves her daughters - but she uses them for their royal connections, causes them endless embarrassment and grief and the press is much more critical of them because they are Sarah's daughters.
She says she has the greatest respect for HM - but she has also caused the Queen endless embarrassment and grief.
She says that she doesn't love herself - but she acts as though Sarah is the only person that she has ever truly loved.

I've just seen pics of the York-sisters on that coach - my, do they look unhappy and under stress. Poor girls. I'm starting to hope that they can accept counselling in case they have difficulties to accept that their mother has her own life and makes her own faults and that there is no need for them to feel responsible. It is so bad IMHO to saddle children with such a responsibility. If Andrew sees what's happening to his daughters, what else can he do than offering Sarah his home and his staff in order to reduce the burden of his young daughters?

I'm convinced the two girls are too nice and loving to cut their mother out of their life and that Sarah knows that and uses that to get her share of her daughter's Royal perks.

How are the ratings? Diarist is right about finances; the children's books won't help much! Fergie's Little Red series sold very poorly, and I can't see this new offering doing much better.

As we all know Sarah is in the US at the moment, but Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie are reported to have had lunch with Oprah last Friday in Windsor. Very interesting:ermm:

This article mentions those reports:

Oprah saved my life: Sarah Ferguson - The Times of India

I think Sarah is going to drag Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie right down with her in her fruitless quest to "find herself." It's sad. I thought it was telling that Beatrice and Eugenie said they had never watched the cash-for-access video. Probably Andrew hasn't, either. They only see one side of Sarah; so they don't know what she is actually capable of.

As for Sarah's finances, I read some recent reports that she had been paid 200,000 pounds for Finding Sarah - and the articles said that wasn't a whole lot, considering how much of her time and privacy Sarah was giving up to do the show. When this cash dries up (which I suspect won't take long), what will Sarah do? What else will she sell? At some point, no matter how hard she tries to keep up appearances and continue living the same lifestyle she's become accustomed to, Sarah will just have no more money.

Last edited:
She says she loves her parents - but accuses them of child abuse and maligns their reputations after their deaths.
I would like to say that just because your parents abuse you doesn't mean you stop loving them. Trust me on this one. Life would be much less complicated if you could just chuck them and go on with your life but somehow it is hardly ever that simple.

As for Sarah's finances, I read some recent reports that she had been paid 200,000 pounds for Finding Sarah -.
Are you sure that's pounds? I have heard dollars and those are two vastly different amounts of money. Thanks! :flowers:

If that is true, then that is very sad indeed.

Sarah is taking the whole family down with her.

Can't stand Oprah, and would she not have been in heaven to have
secured that one.

If that is true, then that is very sad indeed.

Sarah is taking the whole family down with her.

Can't stand Oprah, and would she not have been in heaven to have
secured that one.

I actually see this as a hopeful sign, to be honest. It could be that this series has opened the eyes of the Duke and his daughters, and they are either consulting with Oprah about the possibility of yanking the series, or asking for access to footage that would assist in some kind of very serious intervention.

Sarah just can't go on like this, and if spilling her guts and twisting reality has had the end positive effect of the Yorks stopping the "indulge the crazy" behaviour that they have been affecting, then the outcome could really, truly, be a good one. Very late in the game, I hasten to add...

My thoughts were along the line of NotAPretender. I thought this meeting was a good sign...that maybe her family is united in recognizing that there is a problem. And maybe they were a more than a little nervous about what was still to come in the documentary.

Either that or maybe Oprah has footage that in good conscience she cannot show...but wanted her family to see it.

My thoughts were along the line of NotAPretender. I thought this meeting was a good sign...that maybe her family is united in recognizing that there is a problem. And maybe they were a more than a little nervous about what was still to come in the documentary.

Either that or maybe Oprah has footage that in good conscience she cannot show...but wanted her family to see it.

According to the article posted back a bit, its made out to be that there's nothing but praise for the great and glorious Oprah the new found savior of all those truly down and out personages that just cannot stomach their lives without something or someone defining them.

It just does seem very odd to me that Andrew and the girls would meet with Oprah without Sarah in attendance seeing as they are such a close knit family. We'll probably never know why they met or what was discussed but I sure would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at that one. Now I'm off to see the late night rebroadcast of "Finding Sarah - My Fall From Grace". :D

ETA: Duh! My Fall From Grace is the first episode aired last Sunday. I guess if you miss it, htey're going to rebroadcast it a whole lot of times before the next episode airs next Sunday. Oh but wait... I found Sarah Ferguson's gonna be on Jimmy Kimmel. Who the heck Jimmy Kimmel is I have NO idea...

Last edited:
I like Sarah. I really do. This documentary is just so disgraceful and see that clip of Beatrice playing parent is just sad. I wonder what the palace is saying about this.

The Jimmy Kimmel Interview

As much as I think that the Finding Sarah documentary now being aired on OWN for the next six weeks is not the best move Sarah could have made with her life, its NOTHING compared to what Sarah went through in an interview I just happened to catch.

I just somehow had caught wind that she was to be on this show. Its very similar in format to the Tonight Show but this guy, Jimmy Kimmel, didn't really have a clue how to interview Sarah and was probably going by notes prepped for him before the show. It very well could have been a Saturday Night Live skit satirically mocking Sarah as Kimmel really did try to go for laughs from the audiences while Sarah was trying to express seriously her "journey". I actually really felt bad for Sarah during this whole thing. Example being Sarah talking of how Andrew and her girls were always there for her and Kimmel quips "And you have Jesus Christ herself for you in Oprah". This is not verbatim but you get the drift. I think this guy really threw Sarah off balance away from why she was there because she talked of seeing "cute" polo boys in Florida and falling and breaking her ankle and they all came over to carry her and meeting Frank Sinatra and having him sign a plate for her which she took to BP and put on the mantle. She then relates how maids thought Sarah was doodling on the plates and cleaned the autograph off of it. It actually was a very short interview and I think it went very badly for Sarah.

One remark made did stand out to me and perhaps gives the most insight right now into the relationship between Andrew and Sarah. Kimmel led Sarah into stating that Andrew allows her use of a guest room in his home when she is in England. She then made a statement that they have said (can't remember if it was Andrew who stated it or Sarah.. I think she was quoting Andrew) 'We are divorced to each other not divorced from each other".

I imagine that its Oprah's PR team that are setting up these interviews and TV appearances to publicize not only Sarah's documentary but also her book and the OWN network itself. I just really wish they would take a good hard look at the "quality" of the interviews that will be conducted. Piers Morgan did a good interview (he's also known Sarah for years) but this Jimmy Kimmel interview made her look like floundering fish out of water and ridiculed her. I don't blame Sarah one bit for this interview but the handler's that supposedly have her best interests at heart.

Right now I think Sarah is in a spot and I will quote Norm Peterson from Cheers. "its a dog eat dog world and she's wearing Milk Bone underwear".

Sad

Who on earth thought a Jimmy Kimmel appearance was a good thing!?!

I can NOT stand the guy and is tied w/Conan on my would never watch even if it was the last thing on the Planet on my TV in the Number One spot on that list. This was a trainwreck waiting to happen and I can easily imagine just how bad this was.

Poor Sarah is coming across as a very sad and needy woman who needs serious help. It's beyond a pity all of this is happening in the public eye. :sad:

I can NOT stand the guy and is tied w/Conan on my would never watch even if it was the last thing on the Planet on my TV in the Number One spot on that list. This was a trainwreck waiting to happen and I can easily imagine just how bad this was.

Poor Sarah is coming across as a very sad and needy woman who needs serious help. It's beyond a pity all of this is happening in the public eye. :sad:

Its American late night TV talk show and to be honest, one I've never heard of before as its not my interest to watch that type of show. Ok.. Ok.. I'm old enough to remember the popularity of the Tonight show with Johnny Carson but that was all we had before cable and satellite giving us a bazillion channels to choose from. If Sarah had any input on doing that show, I would bet my second to last doughnut (I'm hungry)) that she's never heard of him before either and is too trusting or there was $$$ that made the decision to do it.

For this interview I do NOT put Sarah at fault. Someone in a publicity department out there is earning their dollars by the shout "Get her out there.. Get her heard!". It made sense when Sarah said in the interview when talking about that wedding to Andrew when she looked at Kimmel and stated "oh right.. you weren't born yet". That alone made me think of how long ago the marriage was and how short it was.

Its American TV folks.. Charlie Sheen has been exhausted and they need fresh fodder. I caught a part of Anderson Cooper earlier talking about Weiner and one thing that was said was "he should go away for a while. Over 6 months there will be eight new scandals for people to focus on"

This recent publicity for Sarah is doing her more harm than good even if SHE thinks she's reaching out and helping others. Perhaps her family SHOULD be keeping track and watching what we see and maybe perhaps that's what Oprah met Andrew and the girls for breakfast for. This interview with Kimmel happened well after the filming of her "journey" and to be honest, I don't know how far in advance those shows are filmed but Kimmel had a copy of the book.

Words I'd never use to describe Sarah as is shrewd and calculating. Its hard to start finding your own identity as a person when your life has been measured by titles such as "mom" "wife" Duchess of York" "child". Self worth is found by meeting the best friend you can have in the world.. the person in the mirror then realizing that that person is just another dot making up the circle and not being the dot in the middle. She doesn't know yet how to join the circle.

Is it really impossible to solve their family problems privately ? Why trough Oprah and TV and....If she needs help they are excellent Doctors and tablets.,
A shame for the British Royals! and you have to see 5 other spots , how boring.

Is it really impossible to solve their family problems privately ? Why trough Oprah and TV and....If she needs help they are excellent Doctors and tablets.,
A shame for the British Royals! and you have to see 5 other spots , how boring.

The family isn't the problem as they seem to be a tight knitted group. The problem is Sarah who hasn't been royal for years.

If the queen still could elevate people to the ranks of the nobility besides giving them Victoria Order Knighthoods then there could be a solution. She should offer Simon Cowell an earldom in let's say, 20 years if he manages to keep Sarah away from the Uk by seeing to it that she can work as a TV-presenter daily - in the US, Brazil, somewhere, doesn't matter, as long as it is not the UK.

I bet Cowell would accept and be able to hold on to his promise... :D

If the queen still could elevate people to the ranks of the nobility besides giving them Victoria Order Knighthoods then there could be a solution. She should offer Simon Cowell an earldom in let's say, 20 years if he manages to keep Sarah away from the Uk by seeing to it that she can work as a TV-presenter daily - in the US, Brazil, somewhere, doesn't matter, as long as it is not the UK.

I bet Cowell would accept and be able to hold on to his promise... :D

Who is Simon Cowell?

ETA: ok.. I googled this guy and I see your point. My bet would be he'd run screaming in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
The producer behind Britain's and America's got talent and the X factor. :flowers:

Now I *know* I'm old. I've not watched versions of those shows from either side of the pond.

I actually see this as a hopeful sign, to be honest. It could be that this series has opened the eyes of the Duke and his daughters, and they are either consulting with Oprah about the possibility of yanking the series, or asking for access to footage that would assist in some kind of very serious intervention.

NaP, it's Andrew for God's sake. Do you really think he's suddenly going to get it? I wonder if the girls are really that naive about their mother or are just playing along. Neither has shown any of the issues their parents have personaity wise and it seems to me that their continued public support might be a "I love you and will support you against all others, even if you're being an utter dunce."

Now I *know* I'm old. I've not watched versions of those shows from either side of the pond.

Well, it's not that important. He "discovered" Paul Potts and Susan Boyle. Ok. What's more important is his influence when it comes to the music and Tv business, his Royal connections through charity and The Royal Variety Performance, so I bet he could "take Sarah off their hands" if he so wished but why should he bother with her? I recall I read that he was sympathetic towards her last year but that's not enough, clearly. To help he needed a prize and I think in this case just an earldom would be enough. Well, just kidding.... :D

..... and it seems to me that their continued public support might be a "I love you and will support you against all others, even if you're being an utter dunce."

I agree with you.. I think that is Andrew's motivation and of course the girls

NaP, it's Andrew for God's sake. Do you really think he's suddenly going to get it? I wonder if the girls are really that naive about their mother or are just playing along. Neither has shown any of the issues their parents have personaity wise and it seems to me that their continued public support might be a "I love you and will support you against all others, even if you're being an utter dunce."

Sigh. silver_bic, when you are right, you are right.

My inner Pollyanna came out for a frolic there.

Did not see it but agree with you. Jimmy Kimmel was still married to his (first) wife in spite of having been a couple with Sarah Silverman (another flop of a human) for about five or so years. His actual divorce was almost simultaneous with he and Silverman breaking up - aw, isn't that sad. The two of them are singularly among the most vulgar people around.

My guess is that Oprah's people called in their chits to get Sarah on the "A" list of interviews (GMA, The Today Show, CNN/Piers Morgan, The View) for the week before the series aired. However, now that the first episode has aired and the reaction has been flat (at best!), then OWN is still trotting Sarah out to flog the series but having to book her on this kind of bottom of the barrel "entertainment."

Andrew can't be so broke that he can't settle a jointure on Sarah in exchange for her stepping out of the limelight. Didn't he get 15MM (pounds) for SouthYork in 2009? It's not up to the Queen. If Andrew has taken over her care and feeding, then he needs to do it properly. Without remarrying her. That would subject her to the kind of scrutiny that did no one any good, decades ago. She's just not suitable.

ETA. OK, I just saw it on the ABC Web site. Kimmel was surprisingly gentle with her. Still can't stand him.

Last edited:
I don't watch JK very often ... late for me. However, this is a COMEDY talk show NOT Piers Morgan (who I actually thought went very soft on SF). His is one of a variety of late night talk shows used to promote sales of books and CDs. With the right guest it is usually very funny, this is not the kind of show for SF to go on to pimp her (serious) book, it is not a serious show. Not surprised that he would make a joke about Oprah, as I said yesterday there are people who love her and those who really don't. Hers is a sob sisiter type of show. I was struck by Sarah consistently saying on the Piers Morgan show "Oprah says" or "Dr. Phil says". The people to be blamed for this lastest silliness are the people who booked her on the JK show to begin with, it's almost as if they were trying to make her look like the fool. IF she knew the kind of interviewer he was and IF she was quick on her feet with a comeback quip it might have been funny, but then she would have just not really talked in a serious way about the book. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom