The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 650
Trust fund age limits are often 25 years in England and Wales i.e. the age at which the so-called 'beneficiaries' [B + E in this case] become entitled to the use of the Capital, not just the income from the trust ; as to use of their funds, see my previous post # 152 on the other page in which I speculate that the Trustees in theory could take action to recover any money improperly spent by Sarah, but probably wouldn't do so in practice because.........has she any money they could recover?!!!

Alex
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 343
OWN's 'Finding Sarah' Finds an Audience - Hollywood Reporter

According to this report the show is hitting it's target audience.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Without Andrew and her girls, I really believe that Sarah would lose a lot of who she thinks she is and have some real problems. When I was raising my children I can remember reading somewhere where it was stated "A parent's job is to become unnecessary to the child" and that stuck with me. She's increasingly seems to be becoming more and more attached to both Andrew and the princesses and sooner or later they are all going to realize that this is seriously hindering their own lifestyles. Its been remarked somewhere in the forums here that perhaps Diana would have been "the mother-in-law from hell" but it'll be nothing compared to the iron umbilical cord that Sarah will have attached to her daughter's lives and families unless something drastic happens.

Andrew is totally a horse of a different color. He's never spoken out on what he thinks or feels and we really don't know what his feelings are for Sarah. He may be choosing not to remarry because of his beliefs (CoE and divorce), he may see Sarah as a "third child" and hence be there for her when she needs him like a father would or maybe he really does want to retain the relationship they had when they married before royal duties and protocol and scandals and outside things threw the proverbial cold water on falling in love.
The picture Sarah is painting in abstracts is that she and Andrew still very much have a closeness that no one or no thing will ever be able to come between. I think the only thing that would force Andrew to address this issue is Sarah coming out and blatantly stating they share the same bedroom. Once again I think this was shown by the remark Sarah herself made "We're divorced TO each other not divorced FROM each other". Powerful statement if you ask me.

Its not unusual for anyone to reach their 40s or 50s and have an identity crisis. I've been down that road myself. We look at our lives and wonder who the heck we really are. In the 60s, young people took off to "find themselves". We want to be something other than "Joe's wife" or "Jane's mother" or "the Cookie Lady down the street". When we do find the answers, we realize that they have come from within and we can easily be Joe's wife and Jane's mother and bake a LOT of cookies happily or even make major changes. Its all about finding that best friend in the mirror.
Very well written post Oispi which says it all really.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 06-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I
The picture Sarah is painting in abstracts is that she and Andrew still very much have a closeness that no one or no thing will ever be able to come between. I think the only thing that would force Andrew to address this issue is Sarah coming out and blatantly stating they share the same bedroom. Once again I think this was shown by the remark Sarah herself made "We're divorced TO each other not divorced FROM each other". Powerful statement if you ask me.
When Sarah provides that quote, though, she often mentions that Andrew said it first: and he definitely has said it himself. In one of his 50th birthday interviews, Andrew says that the secret of a good divorce is "being divorced to, not from." And when I Googled that quote, I found this:

Quote:
He also said that he is divorced "to" not "from" Sarah, and that they remain great friends for the sake of their two daughters.
Blacktie | Captured Events | March, 31 2005 A Royal Welcome for Florence Crittenton

The article is from 2005, so Prince Andrew has been saying this for a while.

It is hard to say why Andrew still supports Sarah so much. I think he is attached to her, and I also think all three of them (Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie) think that if they stop supporting and caring for Sarah, she'll be totally lost.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 PM
NotAPretender's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WPB FL/Muttontown NY, United States
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
When Sarah provides that quote, though, she often mentions that Andrew said it first: and he definitely has said it himself. In one of his 50th birthday interviews, Andrew says that the secret of a good divorce is "being divorced to, not from." And when I Googled that quote, I found this:

from 2005, so Prince Andrew has been saying this for a while.

It is hard to say why Andrew still supports Sarah so much. I think he is attached to her, and I also think all three of them (Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie) think that if they stop supporting and caring for Sarah, she'll be totally lost.
First bolded: Sarah has ever been a skillful mimic: her echo of Diana's woes, retold and recast as her own sad self; this of Andrew's (also recast and retold as "original" of her own mouth, but not) is a perfect example. Also important: it takes years for Sarah to "learn her lines" of what works for her personal gain, so often it is that by the time she gets her lines down, the play has moved on;

and

Second bolded: I would argue that Sarah is, currently, totally lost. And, possibly, irredeemably so.
__________________
"Me, your Highness? On the whole, I wish I'd stayed in Tunbridge Wells"
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 06-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,157
I have a horrible feeling that someday Sarah will be in a granny flat in Beatrice's back yard, crashing her parties and "photobombing" her family pictures.

[QUOTE=HRH Princess Sonya;1270304Maybe as they mature in life and have romantic relationships of their own hopefully they won't allow anyone to take advantage of them & not allow themselves to be treated any kind of way because they have seen it first hand. [/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 06-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 7,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
OWN's 'Finding Sarah' Finds an Audience - Hollywood Reporter

According to this report the show is hitting it's target audience.
We have to remember too what type of audience they're aiming for. For example, if it was targeted to British audiences, it would go over like a program to explain how bull roping made this guy impotent and he lost his wife, his truck and his dog in the process. I do really think that the program was delayed until after the grand infusion to the American public of William and Kate's wedding for the sole purpose that "royalty" and that Sarah being an erstwhile member of the BRF would draw the same response.

"OWN’s Finding Sarah – a docudrama about the redemption of Sarah Ferguson, erstwhile member of the British Royal Family – premiered to solid numbers on Sunday night."

That's a quote from the article. Actually for most Americans, and I do have to admit to being one on this, to just read that sentence it alludes in language that British Royal Family stands out and the erstwhile part is just a lonely adverb in a petunia patch. Also notice the use of docudrama. Sheesh.. they could have just said formerly of the British Royal Family but that's not good for the advertising and creating positive numbers. OR.. these folks have no clue themselves who Sarah really is. OR Oprah's PR have been working overtime.

I am American and yes I've watched this docudrama (ok.. I kept dozing off through the NYC episode which I know I can see at my choice over several times during this upcoming week. Mr. Remote knew I wanted to see the program and even though I dozed on and off on it, didn't change the channel (and 15 minutes later I resume this post because I asked him what if anything he "got" from the show).

His take is he heard this Dr. Phil firing questions at her but has no recollection of her responses. (he can hear the TV in another room and can multitask playing cards whereas I need to watch the closed captioning. I tease him he got the extra hearing that I had lost. With this show though, he didn't leave the room but sat there through the whole thing and didn't touch the remote when he saw me dozing.) When asked what he thought of Sarah, he just said "I know she was married to some royal somewhere?" He's not the demographic target audience but then again, neither am I. I'm over 54. Maybe, just maybe Sarah here is the "hook" to promote the Notthedoctor Phil's show and I have no clue who Orman is. Is Suze Orman is a Oprah regular or not or what her reputation is as I've never heard of her before this.

As I was typing this, we are watching CNN and Piers Morgan has Ryan O'Neal on talking about his program coming up on OWN.
OWN's PR people are doing their job and getting the shows into the public domain.

The sad part is that for Sarah, I really do think SHE thinks that people care and in her mind maybe is trying to make a difference in others learning from her but she will be remembered as a fleeting time of fame such as the pet rock. We all remember the pet rock but we'd never go out and actually buy one again.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 7,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by claddagh View Post
On one of her recent TV appearances, don't recall which one, Sarah stated she needed the money to pay back a friend she borrowed money from.
I don't remember that one at all. Then again, with all that's come out over the past year, there's been so many conflicting reports of what was said.

Anyhoo... this is a bit late but heartfelt none the less

Claddagh... nice to see you here and um...welcome to the zoo.. err TRF.. . I can change my avatar if you like. I think mine suits you better.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 06-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 885
IF Andrew did get remarried what would Sarah call herself then? There can't be two Duchess's of York and how would they stop Sarah from using the title? It would take some woman to take him on with her around and that could be why he is still single. Beatrice and Eugenie need to think ahead as well there boyfriends will soon get sick of mum sponging of them! I thought she had a house and was waiting for it to be decorated at least that was the excuse! The show isn't going to help her because I don't believe she really thinks she needs help. She just wants sympathy and money without doing any real hardwork. Which she has managed doing for most of her life anyway. I think she is very greedy and that was what got her in debt in the first place. Wanting to live a royal lifestyle that most of the royals don't live themselves. Maybe she bought the hat hoping to go to Zara's wedding but I don't see her being invited to anything royal again unless it is her daughters wedding and that will be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 06-21-2011, 03:04 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 7,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
IF Andrew did get remarried what would Sarah call herself then? There can't be two Duchess's of York and how would they stop Sarah from using the title? It would take some woman to take him on with her around and that could be why he is still single. Beatrice and Eugenie need to think ahead as well there boyfriends will soon get sick of mum sponging of them! I thought she had a house and was waiting for it to be decorated at least that was the excuse! The show isn't going to help her because I don't believe she really thinks she needs help. She just wants sympathy and money without doing any real hardwork. Which she has managed doing for most of her life anyway. I think she is very greedy and that was what got her in debt in the first place. Wanting to live a royal lifestyle that most of the royals don't live themselves. Maybe she bought the hat hoping to go to Zara's wedding but I don't see her being invited to anything royal again unless it is her daughters wedding and that will be interesting.
From what those that really know titles and styles and all what needs to be known about them, I can pass on what I've learned.

When Sarah and Andrew married, his mother, the Queen created Andrew the Duke of York. By marriage to Andrew, just like it is still customary for a lot of women now, she took on her husband's "name" or rather title and styles of it. She was HRH The Duchess of York (and all of his secondary titles too). She was in that long list of titles also Princess Andrew as as stated, one takes the form of the males address. There's a lot on these forums that really get into specifics. Sarah and Andrew divorced. As an ex wife, she lost the HRH and is allowed to be styled as Sarah, Duchess of York. The style for those that know denotes a person no longer married to the Duke. It was the same with Diana. After her divorce from Charles, she was styled Diana, Princess of Wales. What most don't see is there's a difference. THE is the key word. Should Andrew remarry tomorrow, his wife will be The Duchess of York and all the feminine versions of the titles he holds. Sarah though could still use the style that she's got as Sarah, Duchess of York. The key point to me is that if you see the person's first name and a title (or style) after it, she's her own entity and not married to the title. To make things more clear on titles and styles.... Camilla is HRH THE Princess of Wales but is styled as HRH THE Duchess of Cornwall. Should they divorce, she could be styled as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall or legally even as Camilla, Princess of Wales. Its confuzzling and I've for ages trying to get it right. I had good teachers here.

To be honest, I don't think that if Sarah and Zara met each other in a "posh" boutique, they'd recognize each other. As far as the the princesses' marriages, Sarah will be afforded the highest honor of being mother of the bride which is what she is. How the seating goes, I don't even want to guess.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 06-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 7,904
And now for something NOT so completely different

After 20 some years it seems like my computer and I have made good friends. It knows me and knows what I'm looking for. Looking for something else entirely, this somehow came to my attention and I thought it should be passed on. Everyone seems to be jumpin on the Sarah bandwagon these days it seems. Too bad they don't talk to each other eh?

Sarah Ferguson: 'I wish Prince Andew and I never got divorced' | Mail Online

ETA: this answers my question of the coverage of Finding Sarah in the UK press. Its the Daily Mail but....
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 06-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 194
I wonder if it is just the divorce that she regrets or maybe(hopefully,because it could be the start of recovery if she does) she is beginning to take some responsibility for it. However, I suspect that like others who have HPD-and imo Sarah falls into this catagory-whilst they happily narrate their numerous problems to anybody willing to listen, they NEVER take responsibility for those problems, and with wide eyed naievete they make a convincing case for themselves until they sense that the listener is losing interest/patience and at such time they quickly find another listener. Cures aren't part of the HPDs adenda-what they seek is affirmation.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,407
Couldn't the Queen give Sarah a grace-and-favor apartment, to get Fergie out of Andrew's (and the girls') orbit?

If she's living elsewhere, it would be easier for them to distance themselves from her problems- at least her financial problems.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:53 PM
HRH Princess Sonya's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Posts: 134
As far as the the princesses' marriages, Sarah will be afforded the highest honor of being mother of the bride which is what she is. How the seating goes, I don't even want to guess.

Oh jeez when one of those girls get married that's going to be a site to see. She is not hiding the fact that she wants back in the royal fold but one of her daughters weddings the way her mind seems to work will give her just the leverage she needs to get back in. Just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Couldn't the Queen give Sarah a grace-and-favor apartment, to get Fergie out of Andrew's (and the girls') orbit?

If she's living elsewhere, it would be easier for them to distance themselves from her problems- at least her financial problems.
I was wondering...who does Royal Lodge really belong to? The Crown? Can the Queen tell Sarah she can't live there anymore if she is damaging the reputation of the royal family too much?

I don't see Andrew, Beatrice or Eugenie ever telling Sarah to leave, but maybe the Queen can step in?
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post

She is not hiding the fact that she wants back in the royal fold but one of her daughters weddings the way her mind seems to work will give her just the leverage she needs to get back in. Just my thoughts.
Or what the BRF needs as a reason to get the girls out..
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 06-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,157
If Sarah got a letter on Buckingham Palace stationery telling her to quit Royal Lodge, I think that HM would have a worse case than Charles and Diana's divorce letter on her hands. The grief wouldn't be worth it, because it could split the York princesses from their grandmother, their cousins, and anyone else who would support HM's decision. It would only, possibly, work with a big pay-off and a gagging clause. In other words, no-one could ever find out that there even was such a letter. There's no way that I can imagine HM doing this in person.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I don't see Andrew, Beatrice or Eugenie ever telling Sarah to leave, but maybe the Queen can step in?
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 06-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,434
The Royal Lodge is a Crown property.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 06-21-2011, 04:53 PM
HRH Princess Sonya's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From what those that really know titles and styles and all what needs to be known about them, I can pass on what I've learned.

When Sarah and Andrew married, his mother, the Queen created Andrew the Duke of York. By marriage to Andrew, just like it is still customary for a lot of women now, she took on her husband's "name" or rather title and styles of it. She was HRH The Duchess of York (and all of his secondary titles too). She was in that long list of titles also Princess Andrew as as stated, one takes the form of the males address. There's a lot on these forums that really get into specifics. Sarah and Andrew divorced. As an ex wife, she lost the HRH and is allowed to be styled as Sarah, Duchess of York. The style for those that know denotes a person no longer married to the Duke. It was the same with Diana. After her divorce from Charles, she was styled Diana, Princess of Wales. What most don't see is there's a difference. THE is the key word. Should Andrew remarry tomorrow, his wife will be The Duchess of York and all the feminine versions of the titles he holds. Sarah though could still use the style that she's got as Sarah, Duchess of York. The key point to me is that if you see the person's first name and a title (or style) after it, she's her own entity and not married to the title. To make things more clear on titles and styles.... Camilla is HRH THE Princess of Wales but is styled as HRH THE Duchess of Cornwall. Should they divorce, she could be styled as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall or legally even as Camilla, Princess of Wales. Its confuzzling and I've for ages trying to get it right. I had good teachers here.

To be honest, I don't think that if Sarah and Zara met each other in a "posh" boutique, they'd recognize each other. As far as the the princesses' marriages, Sarah will be afforded the highest honor of being mother of the bride which is what she is. How the seating goes, I don't even want to guess.

Just out of curiousity what if he marries someone who does not want to take the title duchess of york? What happens then? Due to all the negative press attached to the title & does not want to have spend her whole life saying" No that's not me that was the 1st duchess of york. I can't say I would blame her.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
Just out of curiousity what if he marries someone who does not want to take the title duchess of york? What happens then? Due to all the negative press attached to the title & does not want to have spend her whole life saying" No that's not me that was the 1st duchess of york. I can't say I would blame her.
Andrew, as well as being Duke of York is also the Earl of Inverness and Baron Killyleagh. I suppose if his second wife wanted to avoid being Duchess of York, she could elect to be (say) The Countesss of Inverness, rather in the same way that Camilla chose to be called The Duchess of Cornwall to avoid [admitedly for different reasons] association with Diana, Princess of Wales.

This is only pure speculation on my part; at the end of the day who knows how things will turn out: Sarah might find love with an incredibly wealthy european aristocrat, marry him and take his style and title, which might even 'free up' [I use the term in the entirely non-technical sense] the associations with the 'Duchess of York' Style.

If he had been a generation or so younger, the wealthy Prince Alfonso of Hohenlohe-Langenburg would have done a treat for Sarah! An astute businessman, he was the founder of the jet-set Marbella Club, a favourite haunt of the rich and famous from the world of motorsport and indeed from the world of polo!! He was divorced from his first wife, who then............oh dear, this will not do, his wife claimed that the $1m settlement she received was not enough.......in other words, here we go again! Forgive me, I am just being a bit naughty and having a bit of fun.....

Alex
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Noor: Magazines, Articles, Interviews, Speeches & TV appearances Jacqueline Royal House of Jordan 199 03-09-2016 01:45 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday christening of prince oscar coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall's fashion duke of cambridge fashion poll jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander love martha louise member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel 2016 norway november november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles prince mateen princess eugenie hats princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia princess sofia and alexander princess victoria birthday princess victoria fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen mathilde style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen silvia september 2016 spanish state visit to japan state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises