The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2011, 06:01 AM
Courtier

Sarah is like a run-away train where the brakes have failed! My advice: Stop doing TV interviews where everyone is laughing at you behind your back. All these TV companies want to do is bump up the ratings I doubt they really care about Sarah. Andrew has no backbone whatsoever and let's Sarah get on with it. The real truth of the matter I think is that ---- Sarah just loves money too much and will do anything to get it. When she does it does not bring her any happiness. I wonder if she had re-married again whether that would have made her content. She did say she wanted to marry again but ... who would have me? But also she would have LOST her Title maybe she could not bear that!

Old 06-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you angieuk and I should have want that the Duke of York marries again with a nice lady of the British Nobility and Sarah was again Fergusson for always .

Old 06-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

But perhaps, for the Duke, Sarah is still the "nice lady".

If not, then he would hardly be living with her still.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
But perhaps, for the Duke, Sarah is still the "nice lady".

If not, then he would hardly be living with her still.

One thing I have noticed in her last few interviews she has been saying that Andrew allows her to stay in one of his guest rooms when she is in London. That they are basically to ships that pass in the night. Go figure
Old 06-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, she would have to say that, for form's sake.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Well, she would have to say that, for form's sake.

Oh I don't doubt that. Well she is supposed to be on the " The Talk " today. The promo said she will talk about how she explained herself to Andrew & Why they still live together? We will see.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Suze Orman often gives poor financial advice. Many of the companies you mention caused the financial crisis. Sarah has a problem. Suze cannot understand relationships, either. I have heard some of her advice. She is gay, which is fine, but not for everyone.
Well, I have no complaints as regards Suze's financial advice. I've followed her for years and have never had a "miss" with investing. I lost a ton of money in the crash of '08, but it wasn't her fault. I am now following her new financial protocol for post-crash investing and am doing very well.

She's gay! OMG, mothers, hide your daughters! Ms. Ormon might give them some prudent financial strategies...
Old 06-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Suze Orman often gives poor financial advice. Many of the companies you mention caused the financial crisis. Sarah has a problem. Suze cannot understand relationships, either. I have heard some of her advice. She is gay, which is fine, but not for everyone.
Suze's advice does leave much to be desired. However it was the laws already on the books that were not enforced by the government that caused the financial meltdown.
Cat Cora's gay too. Doesn't mean her cooking sucks.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Royal Highness

Suze's advice is laughable and I wouldn't go with even Warren Buffet anymore, he's not all he's cracked up to be. Sarah needs to find a very reputable financial advisor that knows the ropes and can be trusted, but she needs this in private.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Sarah needs to find a very reputable financial advisor that knows the ropes and can be trusted, but she needs this in private.
First of all, I think Sarah will have a tough time finding anybody who isn't out to use her. Secondly, you can give Sarah all the advisors she needs or wants, but it doesn't mean she'll listen or take their advice.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:32 AM
Serene Highness

I only happened upon the show by chance, but decided to check it out. It wasn't as horrific as I had expected it to be. I think Sarah came across as very sad. Whether it's all an act for ratings, I don't know, but she paints a melancholy and lost figure. She obviously can't move on from her former glory days as a member of the BRF. She referred back to that alot. Too much for a woman who claims to be wanting to go forward. I think that is the primary root of her current problems: She can't let go of how she screwed up such a lucrative situation, and she is incapable of accepting her life now. Sad.
I think she def. needs to pursue personal and financial help, but she needs to do this privately. With therapists who are well-trained and genuine in helping her. Not with people whose main concern appears to be if the camera is capturing their good side. Besides, she needs to start builidng back some dignity, and blasting your personal life all over the place does not do that.
I also think the girls should have been kept out of it. They are royal princesses and should not stoop to the level of this sort of display.
I felt very sorry for her, actually. I think she really does despise herself and that is sad. I'm sure there is alot more she could offer the world if she can just go over that whole royal thing and move on.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

What Sarah needs is to think about her successes, e.g. the Little Helicopter books and similar projects, TV shows where SHE has to be in charge and takes responsibility.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
She obviously can't move on from her former glory days as a member of the BRF. She referred back to that alot. Too much for a woman who claims to be wanting to go forward. I think that is the primary root of her current problems: She can't let go of how she screwed up such a lucrative situation, and she is incapable of accepting her life now. Sad.

Besides, she needs to start builidng back some dignity, and blasting your personal life all over the place does not do that.

Good points! I think she is stuck in the past, and deeply regrets screwing up.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Courtier

I agree with you Lorna. All I hear from Sarah is excuses and pretty much blaming everyone except herself for her woes. The whole I'm not worthy thing doesn't ring true. She wouldn't have married a Prince etc if she really felt that way. She worked before Andrew so she must have some understanding of money and her father was in the Army so she knew about the downfalls of marrying someone in the service. She enjoyed the perks of royal life but didn't want to do the duties and she cheated on Andrew not once but twice. Her children are enabling her as much as Andrew. Beatrice's boyfriend has already "helped" her out. This isn't a good thing and the girls need to take control and just cut her off financially so she needs to really make a go of things. She lives at Andrews, uses his maid, butler etc and gets away without having to spend a cent on real living costs and she still can't cope! Her sister here in Australia has said she doesn't remember any abuse and Sarah has been back peddling. She said it to get sympathy in the US and Oprah found the show boring and she needed some sound bytes. Now she is saying she was misquoted and it wasn't really that bad. This girl is going to continue to make these sort of stupid mistakes because the mighty dollar is far more important to her then anything else. I have often wondered why Andrew hasn't moved on from her...
Old 06-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Aristocracy

is there a place to watch Finding Sarah? i think i missed several episodes. i saw bits of the one from this morning, and that is all i have seen.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
is there a place to watch Finding Sarah? i think i missed several episodes. i saw bits of the one from this morning, and that is all i have seen.
Bethaliz6894, you have only missed the first episode which you can watch on line on OWN's website.

Welcome to the official website of OWN - the Oprah Winfrey Network - OWN TV

The second episode is on tonight.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

I feel that it isn't really necessary to watch. The truely horrendous parts will make the news. I don't feel like catering to Sara's (or Oprah's) need for attention.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Nobility

I think Sarah is so lost in her little pity party because it's easier. It brings attention and enables her to cling to her fantasies. She knows that once she crawls out of the party and takes control of her life, Andrew will move on. In other words, she will be an adult, responsible for her own actions and the fantasy will officially be over.

Until such time, she gets to live in her ex-husband's house, play family with her kids and pretend that she is still part of the royal family and entitled to all its perks. I think Sarah knows what she needs to do, she just doesn't want to do it. The pity party is easier.

She needs a push into the deep end. The question is...who is willing to do it?
Old 06-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
I think Sarah is so lost in her little pity party because it's easier. It brings attention and enables her to cling to her fantasies. She knows that once she crawls out of the party and takes control of her life, Andrew will move on. In other words, she will be an adult, responsible for her own actions and the fantasy will officially be over.

Until such time, she gets to live in her ex-husband's house, play family with her kids and pretend that she is still part of the royal family and entitled to all its perks. I think Sarah knows what she needs to do, she just doesn't want to do it. The pity party is easier.
Quite right. Coming from a hard headed group of individuals I know how easy it is to slip into that mode where you know the truth but don't face it. Our only advantage is that we all eventually have an emotional breakdown when the trough runs over. Fergie might actually enjoy this game, she gets to play with everyone, like a little girl weaving her fanciful tales which, true or not, don't get to the real issues in her life.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post

I think you are so right. Sarah is acting like a child because she wants to be rescued, and not to live in the real world.

I watched Sarah's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel recently on YouTube, and I was struck by how much weight she had gained. I don't think she's looked that heavy since, maybe, the days after her pregnancy with Beatrice...not so much a criticism, just an observation. She used to be able to say that she'd successfully paid off her debts and lost weight, and now she's back in debt and has gained back the weight.

I also noticed that Sarah talked a lot about her past..her days touring America as a young woman, and then meeting Frank Sinatra as a duchess..but she didn't talk about the future at all...not about any charity work she's planning or what she's going to do after Finding Sarah. Until last year, Sarah used to talk about her plans for the future, even if they were pipe dreams. Now it's just like she's re-living her past over and over and again. It's sad, too, because Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie just seem to enable this behaviour...Sarah said something really odd on the Jimmy Kimmel show that I still don't understand: she said her family told her to remember "the family stingray gun"...which means that if she ever feels sad or like she can't cope, she should call up her family. It makes her seem like a child who needs to be rescued, and it seems that's how Sarah wants to seem.