The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
From "Finding Sarah"

Well Russo has finished the book and the way it is written says that Sarah has found her breakthrough and is on her way to recovery, etc. not to mention a hope of remarrying Prince Andrew. IMO, it just doesn't ring sincere. Or perhaps Russo is just too jaded. . . .

Thank you for reading the book and commenting on it Russo. Just one thing more please - are you saying that Sarah expresses a hope of re-marrying Prince Andrew or have I read what you said wrongly?

I had always thought that in recent times, Sarah had been quite clear that there was no chance of her remarrying Andrew.

Thank you in advance,

Alex

Old 09-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

Oh dear - I can't even bring myself to quote the e-mails. They are all wrong. Embarrassingly wrong. Who quotes their children's very personal love-letters to them? Why do that? Most celebrities and politicians do everything they can to keep their children separate from their public personas.

In this case it starts to become clear why - as people have said - she is using her daughters' social status to reflect on her. Its also curious that through these e-mails Sarah highlights her own relationship to the Royal Family - the Queen is 'Granny' to her children. Interesting how that is gotten in there. I have to agree - I didn't have a point of view on this before - but publishing these e-mails is pretty low-brow IMO. (In fact, I could see the possibility of her daughters access to the Queen being curtailed if such personal comments as 'helping with tidbits' and 'having a picnic' - so innocuous on the surface but really intrusions into private life - are potentially to occur. Just an idea.}

I don't buy it for a minute that Sarah is a victim - she may be a 'people pleaser' - but that's the veneer that manipulates, gets her what she wants. Underneath she's calculating the odds. We can see that when she can't 'charm' the interviewer she gets down-right 'uppity'. I no longer believe the PR. This lady is savvy - and some people are doing her modus operandi for her when they 'blame' her 'advisors'. This book is Sarah's - her name is on it - she made all the decisions. Its her responsibility.

Simon Cowell got it right! Like someone said: GENIUS! So why didn't she take the advice? Does she say in her book? What's her rationale for the route she's gone?

Old 09-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Yes Russo, did she actually write that this remarriage could happen or that she hoped it would happen?
It seemed to me when she was doing her initial publicity for the book/show she gushed often about P Andrew, lately less so - perhaps he read the book and thought whoa - better take some steps to end that speculation (hence the pix of him with other 'dates' lately.)
I've noted that we saw them together at Beatrice's graduation and they attended the same funeral (but no shots of them together) in the last few months - but no summer holiday together this year.
Sarah uses extreme flattery to her hosts in her 'friendly' interviews (over the top IMO.) I wonder if this over the top way of speaking is just the norm for her and her daughters.
I agree Tyger, below the veneer we see glimpses of a very different person.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Majesty

You know, I'm wondering if the way that Beatrice and Eugenie write to their mother is an in-joke between them. Sarah's often talked about her admiration of and her interest in Queen Victoria and her era, and this is the way children and parents sometimes wrote to each other, with over-the-top affection. For example, the correspondence between Prince George, later to be George V, and his mother, later to be Queen Alexandra, is really sugary compared to today.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
You know, I'm wondering if the way that Beatrice and Eugenie write to their mother is an in-joke between them. Sarah's often talked about her admiration of and her interest in Queen Victoria and her era, and this is the way children and parents sometimes wrote to each other, with over-the-top affection. For example, the correspondence between Prince George, later to be George V, and his mother, later to be Queen Alexandra, is really sugary compared to today.
To me it doesn't matter how or why or when they correspond to each other or the language it is done in but lets face it. This book was supposedly written by Sarah to encourage those that read it to that there is hope and methods to recover from any issues that hound the general public.

I'm sure there are a lot of us that have faced and overcome obstacles in our lives where the experiences we went through could encourage and motivate others that it can be done. I can't see though how trivial emails or correspondence from our children would be of any interest to the book.

Publishing these emails to me reek of using the golden umbilical cord that is her only link to the BRF these days. Andrew does seem to be distancing himself in the public's eye since the series and the book and I think that's a very good observation that has been made.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Majesty

Absolutely. I only hope that she had the girls' permission to publish these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Publishing these emails to me reek of using the golden umbilical cord that is her only link to the BRF these days.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Courtier

I think for some time Sarah allowed everyone to think she and Andrew actually had a chance of remarrying. Especially for the US there is nothing like a good lovestory. It would be a great selling point but I don't think in reality this has ever been on the cards. Clearly since the show and the book and all the gushing interviews afterwards there seems to have been a change in her tune. Now she has clearly said they are just friends and nothing more I think someone told her to back off and Andrew has made things even clearer by dating others. Andrew seems to have distanced himself from her and I think it has been done to stop her using their relationship as some sort of public relations ploy to get attention. Using her daughters emails was just uncalled for and shows how desperate she is to remind people she has some sort of link to the BRF. I really would love Andrew to find someone else I think Sarah would find things very different if he did. The girls seem to have a blind faith in Sarah and nothing she does is her fault something Sarah has instilled in them. That is going to be a problem in the future. She is teaching them not to take responsibility and is a shining example of how to blame everyone else. Not what I would call a super mum by any means of the imagination.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Perhaps Russo can answer this from her reading of the book, or perhaps someone who has seen Finding Sarah can help me, but [in view of a discussion I am having on another thread] is it known from the book or the interviews Sarah gave as to whether Sarah made any contribution to the settlements that were agreed with her various creditors, or did only Prince Andrew, his 'friends' and possibly the Queen make contributions to the fund used to pay Sarah's creditors?

Thank you,

Alex
Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
Perhaps Russo can answer this from her reading of the book, or perhaps someone who has seen Finding Sarah can help me, but [in view of a discussion I am having on another thread] is it known from the book or the interviews Sarah gave as to whether Sarah made any contribution to the settlements that were agreed with her various creditors, or did only Prince Andrew, his 'friends' and possibly the Queen make contributions to the fund used to pay Sarah's creditors?

Thank you,

Alex
To be honest, in all six of the series "Finding Sarah", although she alluded to "losing it all" and being practically destitute and homeless, at no time were any details of how she was solving the financial problems brought to light. In fact, I don't recall ever hearing of Sarah paying something off when I think about it.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Thanks Osipi.

I was just speculating on another thread, because it occurred to me that Sarah seemed to have kept her valuable jewellery etc in that she was not required to sell it or give it up in order to add additional funds to the 'pool' being formed to pay her creditors. I found it unacceptable that she should still have 3 Birkin bags - they do have a resale value, and even if they [only!] produced around £4,500 together it would have added something to the 'pool' as well, perhaps,as teaching Sarah that she was required to help take a bit of responsibility in the matter of her finances.

Thanks again,

Alex
Old 09-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Thanks Osipi.

I was just speculating on another thread, because it occurred to me that Sarah seemed to have kept her valuable jewellery etc in that she was not required to sell it or give it up in order to add additional funds to the 'pool' being formed to pay her creditors. I found it unacceptable that she should still have 3 Birkin bags - they do have a resale value, and even if they [only!] produced around £4,500 together it would have added something to the 'pool' as well, perhaps,as teaching Sarah that she was required to help take a bit of responsibility in the matter of her finances.

Thanks again,

Alex
Another thing I seem to remember about her finances back then was the Andrew and Andrew's office were stepping in to resolve some of Sarah's problems in the UK only. IIRC, at the time she had a huge outstanding debt with the Royal Mail and a lot of unpaid debts that related to Royal Lodge itself as in services that provided foodstuffs, services etc for her while at Royal Lodge. It was definitely stated that Andrew's office would be working on the UK angle of her debts and in no way touching the financial problems in the US which I would presume to be Hartmoor.

Would be interesting to know exactly how things were paid off and who got what but that is something that we'll never know as Sarah is a private citizen.
I imagine anything that Andrew has helped with would be in his yearly expenditure report?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I imagine anything that Andrew has helped with would be in his yearly expenditure report?
Thanks again Osipi. I would however think that as the money would have come from Andrew's 'private' resources, it will not appear in his yearly expenditure report....

Alex
Old 09-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Thanks Osipi.

Thanks again,

Alex
My perspective on this issue is that the way Sarah'd debts were settled is business and that's how business is done: mercilessly, unfeelingly and without a feeling of morality.

Andrew's office handled the debts and handled them they way they saw fit. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Sarah's jewelry (Garrard tiara, necklace, bracelet and earrings, engagement ring among many other baubles) wasn't a factor, for one thing this can all be passed onto the York Princesses and would likely bring on further public spectacle and embarrassment for The Firm.

It seems that Prince Andrew didn't want Sarah's "help" in settling her debts as it seems any help would have hampered matters as Sarah is an atrocious businesswoman.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Finding Sarah Remarriage

Sorry guys, Russo has had a pinched nerve in her back which is why we haven't been on. (Very painful that!)
To the question, yes, it is written in Finding Sarah that she harbors a hope of getting remarried as both she and Andrew love each other very much.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Majesty

Oh dear. No wonder he allowed himself to be photographed on vacation without Sarah.

Quote:
Sorry guys, Russo has had a pinched nerve in her back which is why we haven't been on. (Very painful that!)
To the question, yes, it is written in Finding Sarah that she harbors a hope of getting remarried as both she and Andrew love each other very much.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Courtier

Well, I must say that I have seen all of Sarah's recent appearances as a version of Groundhog Day.

The green velvet dress was a retread, chosen (IMO) for the forgiving nature of the fabric and its expansion capacity. However, for a woman as full-bosomed as is Sarah to wear a halter top in a plush fabric is simply atrocious.

The grey dress was worn a lot during her US Finding Sarah tour as well as to the funeral which she attended with her daughters. She wore it during her Fox TV interview (and on other interviews) on the Finding Sarah tour and I remember her having to stand and tug down the skirt of it during (what she thought was) a commercial break. It is a tidy looking dress but it is stretching as well.

The Birkins, well, I'm not saying, but she was in NY and there is a place on Broome Street where I once got a P-Birkin that "ladies who lunch" tried to acquire if I laid it down on a chair. Best knockoff ever. I'd like to check the stitches per inch on the lining of Sarah's; if it's fewer than 12, I think Ms Ferguson slipped into the same shop.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:

So sorry about your pinched nerve, Russo, and thank you for coming back to me on that one.

''Very painful that!'' [and without wishing to make light of your pinched nerve] is how I find the thought of Sarah and Andrew remarrying. The cynic in me - remembering how easily Sarah broke her marriage vows - makes me wonder about the 'quality' of her 'love' for Andrew now. When Sarah, in possession of her title, was being pandered-to by all the mega-rich [e.g. Steve Wyatt and the Wyatt private plane] she had NO difficulty whatsoever in both rejecting and criticising her hard-working Naval spouse. More than a quarter of a century on, when the mega-rich are no longer intersesting in a plump, not-particularly good looking [sorry, but however unfair it is, beauty is rated in this world and unfortunately that is how people are judged] spendthrift royal-has-been, the impecunious Sarah with-few-if-any-other-options decides she loves her former spouse very much,

I have never thought of Andrew as over-bright, but I do hope that someone is advising him to check the sincerity of Sarah's claims before plunging in to a lifelong marital commitment again.

Incidentally, I hope that Sarah's book was not on the Balmoral reading list this year - Prince Philip would surely have had an apoplectic fit!

Just my thoughts and I do not mean to offend; it is just Sarah's breathtaking nerve that gets me!

Alex
Old 09-28-2011, 04:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
The Birkins, well, I'm not saying, but she was in NY and there is a place on Broome Street where I once got a P-Birkin that "ladies who lunch" tried to acquire if I laid it down on a chair. Best knockoff ever. I'd like to check the stitches per inch on the lining of Sarah's; if it's fewer than 12, I think Ms Ferguson slipped into the same shop.

I hope you are right on that one, NotaPretender. IMHO, Sarah is not good at doing anything by halves - she has seen how the mega-rich live and wants the same for herself I fear!

Alex
Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Courtier

I'm with you Diarist, Sarah broke her wedding vows without blinking and she was pregnant no less at the time. I actually think Andrew knows what she is really after and that is why we have seen less of him with her. And Andrew vacationing on his own. No doubt Sarah would love to get back into the family, she wouldn't have to worry about money again and I think she would be in massive debt again in no time and her previous work ethic or lack of one would rear it's head again. I think the wants all the benefits but none of the work and rules. It wouldn't happen even if the DofE passed away I think Charles and the others would advise Andrew strongly against it if he became besotted with her again. I agree though she is in less then her prime and her age is really showing it's funny how her past looks so golden now her future is so tarnished. If Sarah had of played her cards right she could of had a great life and had very comfortable older years. Now she is going to have to continue to worry about where her money is coming from I can't work out where she is getting this 100 thousand a year figure from she quoted to Hello! As for the bags I doubt someone as envious of the really rich as Sarah is would get caught out with a knock off. It's the first thing people check!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Administrator

And now we have crossed the line into off topic.

Let's get back to Sarah's interview and Television appearances.

Any and all off topic posts will be deleted.