The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe her next stop will be Celebrity Apprentice with Donald Trump. It would certainly give her the publicity she craves.....and I might watch the show for the first time just to see Donald tell her "you're fired".

Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Maybe her next stop will be Celebrity Apprentice with Donald Trump. It would certainly give her the publicity she craves.....and I might watch the show for the first time just to see Donald tell her "you're fired".
She'd cry.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
She'd cry.
Au contraire methinks. She'd say she was set up and then write a book about it.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Majesty

Of course. It's part of her stock-in-trade, along with talking about her "bestest friend" Andrew, "my girls", and being a "good mother." I think that I'd be less cynical if I heard, just once, a genuine acceptance of her bad behaviour and real remorse rather than self-pity. Oh dear. I just want her to get her head right so that she doesn't spend the rest of her life dreaming of her 10 years as a royal duchess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
She'd cry.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Of course. It's part of her stock-in-trade, along with talking about her "bestest friend" Andrew, "my girls", and being a "good mother." I think that I'd be less cynical if I heard, just once, a genuine acceptance of her bad behaviour and real remorse rather than self-pity. Oh dear. I just want her to get her head right so that she doesn't spend the rest of her life dreaming of her 10 years as a royal duchess.
She won't because she doesn't really WANT to and that is the sad part about it all.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Courtier

And one of the reasons for this is, surely, the fact that Sarah's only real 'stock-in-trade' is the fact that 25 years ago she married into the Royal Family before separating from her husband in 1992, amidst allegations of adultery and cheating on her part. And all her interviews and television appearances seem to draw on this period in her life...... and now she seems to regret splitting up from Andrew, her settlement spent, her options apparently limited, especially with her suitors long gone as well........
Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Majesty

The only way out I can see for Sarah is if HM offers her a living in exchange for Sarah's retirement from public life and a carefully-controlled budget. But even if The Queen were willing to do this, I don't think that Sarah would be unless she had absolutely no other options and/or had therapy will a patient, well respected therapist. Those are the "interviews" she should be doing. Right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
And one of the reasons for this is, surely, the fact that Sarah's only real 'stock-in-trade' is the fact that 25 years ago she married into the Royal Family before separating from her husband in 1992, .
Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Finding Sarah

I am over 40 pages into the book that I received yesterday from the local library (and God Bless the lending library! Mr. Russo would KILL me were I to buy all the books I have read!) and I have a couple questions and observations about the book.
The first observation is that she dedicates the book to (her New BFF) Oprah for pulling her out of the darkness. To Andrew who has the "True Sarah"--what exactly does that mean? And to her daughters who have stood and are standing by her. Sounds a bit CYA IMO.
Right after the so-called (in Sarah's mind) sting with the fake Sheik and before it hit the newspapers, Sarah said another businessman appeared and wanted to back her projects. He met Princess Beatrice. My question is, why is an ordinary business man able to meet with the 6th in line to the throne so very easily?
When the news hit, the businessman vanished. All right, however, it makes me wonder, how many OTHER businessmen have been given access to the 6th and 7th in line to the throne as easily as washing ones hands? Which makes Russo think that Sarah has been trading hard on access for a long time. Although that is just my opinion.
When this mess hit splat, Simon Cowell sent Sarah an e-mail. Of course she published them. What struck me, however was that Simon gave her very sound advice. He said something along the lines of "Sarah, you need to retreat into the shadows, people will forgive and forget but there needs to be time." Well, our Sarah did NOT follow his advice. Why not? Although I do have my own opinion, was that Sarah was going to do what Sarah felt like she should do whether it was right or wrong and lay it all out there in the public court for everyone to see.
One of the good things that is coming out of this book, however, is that Sarah is reminding everyone of the things she has accomplished for good. And some of it really deserves praise. Although it is just me, however, I really am turned off by people who toot their own philanthropic horn too much.
One of the things that I am quite turned off about, it that all the mean people in this world all have it in for Sarah again. Heard this before in "My Story".
This is an easy read. I will most likely have it finished before the weekend.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile;
All right, however, it makes me wonder, how many OTHER businessmen have been given access to the 6th and 7th in line to the throne as easily as washing ones hands? Which makes Russo think that Sarah has been trading hard on access for a long time. Although that is just my opinion.
Agreed, as I said before the NOW must have had an inkling that Sarah would be up for it before setting up the "sting" and catching her out on tape. I would love for a reporter to ask her point blank "Have you ever sold access to your ex-husband or children before? If not, why do you think the NOW thought you would do it this time?"
Old 09-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Courtier

I agree with you NGalitzine.

I have also posted to the effect that the NoW's fake sheikh claims that he only sets up 'situations' to replicate situations that he knows already exist: thus the Countess of Wessex 'sting' was set up when a disgruntled employee of R-JH tipped off the fake Sheikh that Sophie was 'trading on her royal connections', Jodie Kidd [supermodel] was set up in an attempt to catch her out again on her cocaine use, and therefore apparently, Sarah was set up because it was not the first time that she had done this sort of thing......

Alex
Old 09-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Too near the truth to be funny perhaps....

To be serious again, one thing that has occurred to me over the past few months is that - and this is purely speculation on my part - the Royal Family might know more about Sarah's alleged misdeeds than is publically known. I know as a fact that the security services keep a watchful eye on the events and people that surround the BRF: the reason for this is actually to monitor the situation to ensure the safety of the BRF, in other words, to identify potential security threats..

I would speculate that after the NoW 'sting', the Security services actually checked pretty thoroughly into the background of the affair, and I am pretty certain that any such check would have revealed whether or not Sarah had been selling access to Andrew on a previous occasion. I would also speculate that if something had been discovered, BP would NOT have trumpeted the discovery from the Palace walls!!! Behind the scenes, though, I would speculate that there would have been various repercussions. For example, I would imagine that it would have effectively 'killed' any chance of Sarah being invited to William and Catherine's wedding.

Just my thoughts,

Alex
Old 09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Courtier

I never thought of that before Diarist. But I can imagine you are right it would be in the securities best interest to stay aware of what was going on. Of course if they knew the Fake Sheik was a setup they clearly didn't see the need to protect Sarah. I have often thought it wasn't the first time she had done this the price was too set and she had it all down so pat. Not the markings of a first timer. Why would Beatrice even be meeting a business man? Can she spot a phony where her mother can't? I would love someone to ask that question Ngalitzine but I doubt they will ever get the chance. Sarah will just walk out like she did in the aussie interview.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Finding Sarah

Now about 80 pages into the book. This is where Sarah has gone away to "heal". Not a bad prospect, I'd do it myself. However, our Sarah heals in Malaga, Spain; she then goes to heal in Montecito <sic>, California; and also a trip to Maui, Hawai'i with her new BFF Oprah, who pitches the Finding Sarah docudrama on her OWN network. (Russo would LOVE to heal like that!!)
Of course Sarah posts an e-mail that Princess Beatrice sends her telling her she misses her Mummy. Makes the Princess sound like she's 12 years old. At the end of a couple chapters Sarah offers some "nuggets" like de-toxing with ginger watercress soup and an invigorating run will help one get the good endorphines moving for positive thoughts. These parts are just a re-hash of "What I know Now".
The gist of the book is "If I can pull myself up from out the mud, you can too!"
Yay. . . <insert Kermit arms here>
Old 09-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Finding Sarah

I have forgotten to add that Sarah has written about a whole page gushing about how wonderful PA has been, etc. that they are a TEAM, a FAMILY that they still LOVE each other, etc.
Boy do I feel sorry for this guy. If ever he wants to get a date it ain't gonna happen. She's basically staked her territory on him!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Well, if Prince Andrew and Sarah are a team, I jolly well hope that the 'cash for access' fiasco was NOT teamwork!!!!!!!!!

I have posted previously to the effect that when I have met Prince Andrew he struck me as fairly affable but none too bright. I wonder if he ever reflects on the fact that back in 1989 Sarah [when she was pregnant with Eugenie to boot!!!] had no difficulty in being unfaithful to him with Steve Wyatt - in other words, Andrew did NOT seem to figure large in the same team as Sarah in those days?

I wonder now whether he ever queries whether Sarah is 'using him'? It seems that Sarah had no difficulty in turning him into a cuckolded husband when she thought that she had other [richer] options: now, with her richer suitors long-gone, and having made the discovery that plump not-too attractive poor 51 year old ex-duchesses do not appear to be sought-after 'hot properties', it appears that Sarah wants very much to become 'part of the team' again. Does not Andrew suspect that Sarah possibly has other motives other than her much vaunted desire to be with her 'bestest friend'?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO, she's doing a lot of CYA at his expense. PA can't come out and SAY she's doing this so he's distancing himself from her. I'd kick her sorry arse out of the Royal Lodge and over to Argentina, but that's just Russo.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Courtier

The point about Argentina is actually well-made. Sarah is not as homeless as she makes out in her interviews and her books - she certainly has SOME interest in the Argentinian property and bearing in mind that she said that the profits from her 'Hello' photoshoot with Andrew and baby Bea were used to 'save the Barrantes Estancia', we have speculated here that she might own the house outright i.e. not jointly with her sister Sarah. If she has the option to live there, then there seems to be little justification for her to be allowed to live at Royal Lodge on the basis that 'she has nowhere else to go'.

And as for Sarah's assertions in her book that 'they are a TEAM, a FAMILY that they still LOVE each other,' etc. then I feel sorry for Andrew - although I actually suspect that as Royal Lodge is large [30 bedrooms plus guest rooms] that Sarah is not in as close residential proximity to Andrew as she likes to make out, nevertheless, with her presence there and her repeated assertions that the Couple is a team, then I do feel that Andrew's chance of meeting someone to love are possibly a bit limited. Much of Andrew's commercial links and his friendships seem questionable, to put it mildly, but he has nobly stood by Sarah over the years. At 51 he, too, is getting no younger, and whilst being a Prince obviously endows one with 'special pulling power' I nevertheless think that if he wants to have a new relationship with someone, he needs to make that move now......

only my thoughts and not meant to offend,

Alex
Old 09-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic.

This thread isn't about Sarah and Andrew's feelings for each other, their marriage and/or divorce, or where Sarah lives UNLESS its in the context of an Interview or Television Appearance.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

. Sorry Darling, I've had enough of Sarah's escapades.

Diarist, the book also made a point of saying that she really lives no where but everywhere and she prefers to be a nomad living everywhere.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

But no, the press is awfully quick to kick Sarah and not report on the good things she has done. Finding Sarah says she is trying to build a girls school in Afghanistan and that is a very good thing.