The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
As we all know Sarah is in the US at the moment, but Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie are reported to have had lunch with Oprah last Friday in Windsor. Very interesting
If that is true, then that is very sad indeed.

Sarah is taking the whole family down with her.

Can't stand Oprah, and would she not have been in heaven to have
secured that one.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
If that is true, then that is very sad indeed.

Sarah is taking the whole family down with her.

Can't stand Oprah, and would she not have been in heaven to have
secured that one.
I actually see this as a hopeful sign, to be honest. It could be that this series has opened the eyes of the Duke and his daughters, and they are either consulting with Oprah about the possibility of yanking the series, or asking for access to footage that would assist in some kind of very serious intervention.

Sarah just can't go on like this, and if spilling her guts and twisting reality has had the end positive effect of the Yorks stopping the "indulge the crazy" behaviour that they have been affecting, then the outcome could really, truly, be a good one. Very late in the game, I hasten to add...

Old 06-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

My thoughts were along the line of NotAPretender. I thought this meeting was a good sign...that maybe her family is united in recognizing that there is a problem. And maybe they were a more than a little nervous about what was still to come in the documentary.

Either that or maybe Oprah has footage that in good conscience she cannot show...but wanted her family to see it.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
My thoughts were along the line of NotAPretender. I thought this meeting was a good sign...that maybe her family is united in recognizing that there is a problem. And maybe they were a more than a little nervous about what was still to come in the documentary.

Either that or maybe Oprah has footage that in good conscience she cannot show...but wanted her family to see it.
According to the article posted back a bit, its made out to be that there's nothing but praise for the great and glorious Oprah the new found savior of all those truly down and out personages that just cannot stomach their lives without something or someone defining them.

It just does seem very odd to me that Andrew and the girls would meet with Oprah without Sarah in attendance seeing as they are such a close knit family. We'll probably never know why they met or what was discussed but I sure would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at that one. Now I'm off to see the late night rebroadcast of "Finding Sarah - My Fall From Grace".

ETA: Duh! My Fall From Grace is the first episode aired last Sunday. I guess if you miss it, htey're going to rebroadcast it a whole lot of times before the next episode airs next Sunday. Oh but wait... I found Sarah Ferguson's gonna be on Jimmy Kimmel. Who the heck Jimmy Kimmel is I have NO idea...
Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like Sarah. I really do. This documentary is just so disgraceful and see that clip of Beatrice playing parent is just sad. I wonder what the palace is saying about this.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent

The Jimmy Kimmel Interview

As much as I think that the Finding Sarah documentary now being aired on OWN for the next six weeks is not the best move Sarah could have made with her life, its NOTHING compared to what Sarah went through in an interview I just happened to catch.

I just somehow had caught wind that she was to be on this show. Its very similar in format to the Tonight Show but this guy, Jimmy Kimmel, didn't really have a clue how to interview Sarah and was probably going by notes prepped for him before the show. It very well could have been a Saturday Night Live skit satirically mocking Sarah as Kimmel really did try to go for laughs from the audiences while Sarah was trying to express seriously her "journey". I actually really felt bad for Sarah during this whole thing. Example being Sarah talking of how Andrew and her girls were always there for her and Kimmel quips "And you have Jesus Christ herself for you in Oprah". This is not verbatim but you get the drift. I think this guy really threw Sarah off balance away from why she was there because she talked of seeing "cute" polo boys in Florida and falling and breaking her ankle and they all came over to carry her and meeting Frank Sinatra and having him sign a plate for her which she took to BP and put on the mantle. She then relates how maids thought Sarah was doodling on the plates and cleaned the autograph off of it. It actually was a very short interview and I think it went very badly for Sarah.

One remark made did stand out to me and perhaps gives the most insight right now into the relationship between Andrew and Sarah. Kimmel led Sarah into stating that Andrew allows her use of a guest room in his home when she is in England. She then made a statement that they have said (can't remember if it was Andrew who stated it or Sarah.. I think she was quoting Andrew) 'We are divorced to each other not divorced from each other".

I imagine that its Oprah's PR team that are setting up these interviews and TV appearances to publicize not only Sarah's documentary but also her book and the OWN network itself. I just really wish they would take a good hard look at the "quality" of the interviews that will be conducted. Piers Morgan did a good interview (he's also known Sarah for years) but this Jimmy Kimmel interview made her look like floundering fish out of water and ridiculed her. I don't blame Sarah one bit for this interview but the handler's that supposedly have her best interests at heart.

Right now I think Sarah is in a spot and I will quote Norm Peterson from Cheers. "its a dog eat dog world and she's wearing Milk Bone underwear".

Sad
Old 06-15-2011, 03:54 AM
Serene Highness

Who on earth thought a Jimmy Kimmel appearance was a good thing!?!

I can NOT stand the guy and is tied w/Conan on my would never watch even if it was the last thing on the Planet on my TV in the Number One spot on that list. This was a trainwreck waiting to happen and I can easily imagine just how bad this was.

Poor Sarah is coming across as a very sad and needy woman who needs serious help. It's beyond a pity all of this is happening in the public eye.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

I can NOT stand the guy and is tied w/Conan on my would never watch even if it was the last thing on the Planet on my TV in the Number One spot on that list. This was a trainwreck waiting to happen and I can easily imagine just how bad this was.

Poor Sarah is coming across as a very sad and needy woman who needs serious help. It's beyond a pity all of this is happening in the public eye.
Its American late night TV talk show and to be honest, one I've never heard of before as its not my interest to watch that type of show. Ok.. Ok.. I'm old enough to remember the popularity of the Tonight show with Johnny Carson but that was all we had before cable and satellite giving us a bazillion channels to choose from. If Sarah had any input on doing that show, I would bet my second to last doughnut (I'm hungry)) that she's never heard of him before either and is too trusting or there was $$$ that made the decision to do it.

For this interview I do NOT put Sarah at fault. Someone in a publicity department out there is earning their dollars by the shout "Get her out there.. Get her heard!". It made sense when Sarah said in the interview when talking about that wedding to Andrew when she looked at Kimmel and stated "oh right.. you weren't born yet". That alone made me think of how long ago the marriage was and how short it was.

Its American TV folks.. Charlie Sheen has been exhausted and they need fresh fodder. I caught a part of Anderson Cooper earlier talking about Weiner and one thing that was said was "he should go away for a while. Over 6 months there will be eight new scandals for people to focus on"

This recent publicity for Sarah is doing her more harm than good even if SHE thinks she's reaching out and helping others. Perhaps her family SHOULD be keeping track and watching what we see and maybe perhaps that's what Oprah met Andrew and the girls for breakfast for. This interview with Kimmel happened well after the filming of her "journey" and to be honest, I don't know how far in advance those shows are filmed but Kimmel had a copy of the book.

Words I'd never use to describe Sarah as is shrewd and calculating. Its hard to start finding your own identity as a person when your life has been measured by titles such as "mom" "wife" Duchess of York" "child". Self worth is found by meeting the best friend you can have in the world.. the person in the mirror then realizing that that person is just another dot making up the circle and not being the dot in the middle. She doesn't know yet how to join the circle.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is it really impossible to solve their family problems privately ? Why trough Oprah and TV and....If she needs help they are excellent Doctors and tablets.,
A shame for the British Royals! and you have to see 5 other spots , how boring.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Is it really impossible to solve their family problems privately ? Why trough Oprah and TV and....If she needs help they are excellent Doctors and tablets.,
A shame for the British Royals! and you have to see 5 other spots , how boring.
The family isn't the problem as they seem to be a tight knitted group. The problem is Sarah who hasn't been royal for years.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:04 AM
Royal Highness

If the queen still could elevate people to the ranks of the nobility besides giving them Victoria Order Knighthoods then there could be a solution. She should offer Simon Cowell an earldom in let's say, 20 years if he manages to keep Sarah away from the Uk by seeing to it that she can work as a TV-presenter daily - in the US, Brazil, somewhere, doesn't matter, as long as it is not the UK.

I bet Cowell would accept and be able to hold on to his promise...
Old 06-15-2011, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
If the queen still could elevate people to the ranks of the nobility besides giving them Victoria Order Knighthoods then there could be a solution. She should offer Simon Cowell an earldom in let's say, 20 years if he manages to keep Sarah away from the Uk by seeing to it that she can work as a TV-presenter daily - in the US, Brazil, somewhere, doesn't matter, as long as it is not the UK.

I bet Cowell would accept and be able to hold on to his promise...
Who is Simon Cowell?

ETA: ok.. I googled this guy and I see your point. My bet would be he'd run screaming in the opposite direction.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Who is Simon Cowell?
The producer behind Britain's and America's got talent and the X factor.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
The producer behind Britain's and America's got talent and the X factor.
Now I *know* I'm old. I've not watched versions of those shows from either side of the pond.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
I actually see this as a hopeful sign, to be honest. It could be that this series has opened the eyes of the Duke and his daughters, and they are either consulting with Oprah about the possibility of yanking the series, or asking for access to footage that would assist in some kind of very serious intervention.
NaP, it's Andrew for God's sake. Do you really think he's suddenly going to get it? I wonder if the girls are really that naive about their mother or are just playing along. Neither has shown any of the issues their parents have personaity wise and it seems to me that their continued public support might be a "I love you and will support you against all others, even if you're being an utter dunce."
Old 06-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Now I *know* I'm old. I've not watched versions of those shows from either side of the pond.
Well, it's not that important. He "discovered" Paul Potts and Susan Boyle. Ok. What's more important is his influence when it comes to the music and Tv business, his Royal connections through charity and The Royal Variety Performance, so I bet he could "take Sarah off their hands" if he so wished but why should he bother with her? I recall I read that he was sympathetic towards her last year but that's not enough, clearly. To help he needed a prize and I think in this case just an earldom would be enough. Well, just kidding....
Old 06-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post

..... and it seems to me that their continued public support might be a "I love you and will support you against all others, even if you're being an utter dunce."
I agree with you.. I think that is Andrew's motivation and of course the girls
Old 06-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
NaP, it's Andrew for God's sake. Do you really think he's suddenly going to get it? I wonder if the girls are really that naive about their mother or are just playing along. Neither has shown any of the issues their parents have personaity wise and it seems to me that their continued public support might be a "I love you and will support you against all others, even if you're being an utter dunce."
Sigh. silver_bic, when you are right, you are right.

My inner Pollyanna came out for a frolic there.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

Did not see it but agree with you. Jimmy Kimmel was still married to his (first) wife in spite of having been a couple with Sarah Silverman (another flop of a human) for about five or so years. His actual divorce was almost simultaneous with he and Silverman breaking up - aw, isn't that sad. The two of them are singularly among the most vulgar people around.

My guess is that Oprah's people called in their chits to get Sarah on the "A" list of interviews (GMA, The Today Show, CNN/Piers Morgan, The View) for the week before the series aired. However, now that the first episode has aired and the reaction has been flat (at best!), then OWN is still trotting Sarah out to flog the series but having to book her on this kind of bottom of the barrel "entertainment."

Andrew can't be so broke that he can't settle a jointure on Sarah in exchange for her stepping out of the limelight. Didn't he get 15MM (pounds) for SouthYork in 2009? It's not up to the Queen. If Andrew has taken over her care and feeding, then he needs to do it properly. Without remarrying her. That would subject her to the kind of scrutiny that did no one any good, decades ago. She's just not suitable.

ETA. OK, I just saw it on the ABC Web site. Kimmel was surprisingly gentle with her. Still can't stand him.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Courtier

I don't watch JK very often ... late for me. However, this is a COMEDY talk show NOT Piers Morgan (who I actually thought went very soft on SF). His is one of a variety of late night talk shows used to promote sales of books and CDs. With the right guest it is usually very funny, this is not the kind of show for SF to go on to pimp her (serious) book, it is not a serious show. Not surprised that he would make a joke about Oprah, as I said yesterday there are people who love her and those who really don't. Hers is a sob sisiter type of show. I was struck by Sarah consistently saying on the Piers Morgan show "Oprah says" or "Dr. Phil says". The people to be blamed for this lastest silliness are the people who booked her on the JK show to begin with, it's almost as if they were trying to make her look like the fool. IF she knew the kind of interviewer he was and IF she was quick on her feet with a comeback quip it might have been funny, but then she would have just not really talked in a serious way about the book.