Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Osipi.

I was just speculating on another thread, because it occurred to me that Sarah seemed to have kept her valuable jewellery etc in that she was not required to sell it or give it up in order to add additional funds to the 'pool' being formed to pay her creditors. I found it unacceptable that she should still have 3 Birkin bags - they do have a resale value, and even if they [only!] produced around £4,500 together it would have added something to the 'pool' as well, perhaps,as teaching Sarah that she was required to help take a bit of responsibility in the matter of her finances.

Thanks again,

Alex

Another thing I seem to remember about her finances back then was the Andrew and Andrew's office were stepping in to resolve some of Sarah's problems in the UK only. IIRC, at the time she had a huge outstanding debt with the Royal Mail and a lot of unpaid debts that related to Royal Lodge itself as in services that provided foodstuffs, services etc for her while at Royal Lodge. It was definitely stated that Andrew's office would be working on the UK angle of her debts and in no way touching the financial problems in the US which I would presume to be Hartmoor.

Would be interesting to know exactly how things were paid off and who got what but that is something that we'll never know as Sarah is a private citizen.
I imagine anything that Andrew has helped with would be in his yearly expenditure report?

I imagine anything that Andrew has helped with would be in his yearly expenditure report?

Thanks again Osipi. I would however think that as the money would have come from Andrew's 'private' resources, it will not appear in his yearly expenditure report....

Alex

Thanks Osipi.

I was just speculating on another thread, because it occurred to me that Sarah seemed to have kept her valuable jewellery etc in that she was not required to sell it or give it up in order to add additional funds to the 'pool' being formed to pay her creditors. I found it unacceptable that she should still have 3 Birkin bags - they do have a resale value, and even if they [only!] produced around £4,500 together it would have added something to the 'pool' as well, perhaps,as teaching Sarah that she was required to help take a bit of responsibility in the matter of her finances.

Thanks again,

Alex

My perspective on this issue is that the way Sarah'd debts were settled is business and that's how business is done: mercilessly, unfeelingly and without a feeling of morality.

Andrew's office handled the debts and handled them they way they saw fit. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Sarah's jewelry (Garrard tiara, necklace, bracelet and earrings, engagement ring among many other baubles) wasn't a factor, for one thing this can all be passed onto the York Princesses and would likely bring on further public spectacle and embarrassment for The Firm.

It seems that Prince Andrew didn't want Sarah's "help" in settling her debts as it seems any help would have hampered matters as Sarah is an atrocious businesswoman.

Finding Sarah Remarriage

Sorry guys, Russo has had a pinched nerve in her back which is why we haven't been on. (Very painful that!:eek:)
To the question, yes, it is written in Finding Sarah that she harbors a hope of getting remarried as both she and Andrew love each other very much.

:eek: Oh dear. No wonder he allowed himself to be photographed on vacation without Sarah.

Sorry guys, Russo has had a pinched nerve in her back which is why we haven't been on. (Very painful that!:eek:)
To the question, yes, it is written in Finding Sarah that she harbors a hope of getting remarried as both she and Andrew love each other very much.

Well, I must say that I have seen all of Sarah's recent appearances as a version of Groundhog Day.

The green velvet dress was a retread, chosen (IMO) for the forgiving nature of the fabric and its expansion capacity. However, for a woman as full-bosomed as is Sarah to wear a halter top in a plush fabric is simply atrocious.

The grey dress was worn a lot during her US Finding Sarah tour as well as to the funeral which she attended with her daughters. She wore it during her Fox TV interview (and on other interviews) on the Finding Sarah tour and I remember her having to stand and tug down the skirt of it during (what she thought was) a commercial break. It is a tidy looking dress but it is stretching as well.

The Birkins, well, I'm not saying, but she was in NY and there is a place on Broome Street where I once got a P-Birkin that "ladies who lunch" tried to acquire if I laid it down on a chair. Best knockoff ever. I'd like to check the stitches per inch on the lining of Sarah's; if it's fewer than 12, I think Ms Ferguson slipped into the same shop.

So sorry about your pinched nerve, Russo, and thank you for coming back to me on that one.

''Very painful that!:eek:'' [and without wishing to make light of your pinched nerve] is how I find the thought of Sarah and Andrew remarrying. The cynic in me - remembering how easily Sarah broke her marriage vows - makes me wonder about the 'quality' of her 'love' for Andrew now. When Sarah, in possession of her title, was being pandered-to by all the mega-rich [e.g. Steve Wyatt and the Wyatt private plane] she had NO difficulty whatsoever in both rejecting and criticising her hard-working Naval spouse. More than a quarter of a century on, when the mega-rich are no longer intersesting in a plump, not-particularly good looking [sorry, but however unfair it is, beauty is rated in this world and unfortunately that is how people are judged] spendthrift royal-has-been, the impecunious Sarah with-few-if-any-other-options decides she loves her former spouse very much,

I have never thought of Andrew as over-bright, but I do hope that someone is advising him to check the sincerity of Sarah's claims before plunging in to a lifelong marital commitment again.

Incidentally, I hope that Sarah's book was not on the Balmoral reading list this year - Prince Philip would surely have had an apoplectic fit!

Just my thoughts and I do not mean to offend; it is just Sarah's breathtaking nerve that gets me!

Alex

Last edited:
The Birkins, well, I'm not saying, but she was in NY and there is a place on Broome Street where I once got a P-Birkin that "ladies who lunch" tried to acquire if I laid it down on a chair. Best knockoff ever. I'd like to check the stitches per inch on the lining of Sarah's; if it's fewer than 12, I think Ms Ferguson slipped into the same shop.

I hope you are right on that one, NotaPretender. IMHO, Sarah is not good at doing anything by halves - she has seen how the mega-rich live and wants the same for herself I fear!

Alex

I'm with you Diarist, Sarah broke her wedding vows without blinking and she was pregnant no less at the time. I actually think Andrew knows what she is really after and that is why we have seen less of him with her. And Andrew vacationing on his own. No doubt Sarah would love to get back into the family, she wouldn't have to worry about money again and I think she would be in massive debt again in no time and her previous work ethic or lack of one would rear it's head again. I think the wants all the benefits but none of the work and rules. It wouldn't happen even if the DofE passed away I think Charles and the others would advise Andrew strongly against it if he became besotted with her again. I agree though she is in less then her prime and her age is really showing it's funny how her past looks so golden now her future is so tarnished. If Sarah had of played her cards right she could of had a great life and had very comfortable older years. Now she is going to have to continue to worry about where her money is coming from I can't work out where she is getting this 100 thousand a year figure from she quoted to Hello! As for the bags I doubt someone as envious of the really rich as Sarah is would get caught out with a knock off. It's the first thing people check!

And now we have crossed the line into off topic.

Let's get back to Sarah's interview and Television appearances.

Any and all off topic posts will be deleted.

Despite the television interviews, a second marriage between Andrew and Sarah would surprise me. They may be good friends now but is that substantial ground for another marriage? In any case, judging by the age of the female company that Andrew likes to keep these days, I would imagine that Sarah is way too old for him now. To avoid further scandal, I would stay well away if I were her.

Last edited:
I think Andrew does like her, she is after all the mother of his children, but she wants more out of certain things in life than he does. He looks like he enjoys living a home based life and while he's jet setted, it's not as frenetic as Sarah's is. He isn't as manic as she is and she keeps craving more and more and more luxury, even with all she has now. He has reached a plateau and is content while Sarah is still desperately climbing desperately to get that one elusive thing that will give her peace of mind.

A remarriage to her would upset the life he's created for himself, bringing more chaos into his life.

Sarah likes to give out that they're good friends. The daughters and former husband carefully avoid saying that.

Sarah likes to give out that they're good friends. The daughters and former husband carefully avoid saying that.

He is allowing her to stay at Royal Lodge - even if its an acre away in a separate apartment. That does say something. Might it be that they are less 'avoiding' as just abiding by the protocol - what is private is private?

I don't know - maybe there are indications that it is avoidance, but I don't see Charles or Camilla talking about each other (I know they're married but you get my drift). Has Andrew ever talked about Sarah since the divorce? Or before for that matter? Ever? Why would he now? And so the daughters are just following along in that groove - someone has trained them well in the niceties of Royal privacy maybe.

Later: Ooops! Just saw the video posted before me. :) So there we are. Though it is oblique - she is basically talking about the 'co-parenting' being a success. I didn't hear 'best friends' - no comment on their personal relationship - though I may have missed it.

Andrew does sound like Charles. The mannerisms are the same - inflection - accent is similar - even the phrasing - though Charles has a way of getting a deeper voice, more animated, 'delicious' is the word that comes to mind, like he's savoring every syllable. An observation.

Also, sobering way he answers the question about 'lessons learned'. Closest I've heard him come to a 'comment' on his marriage.

Last edited:
I do think that Andrew does still have a huge sense of responsibility towards Sarah in view of the fact that she is the mother of his children. Given all the mistakes and faults, a child will always love his or her mother. I think it is no different for Beatrice and Eugenie. So maintaining a friendship between Andrew and Sarah is to be expected. Sarah may possibly have hidden agendas but I do think that Andrew, despite is own faults, is a bit more aware of what is happening around him.

Last edited:
If I had a guest camping out with me due to financial set back and then heard them saying they had a 100K income it wouldnt take long for me to suggest they seemed to have adequate income to rent a place of their own and give them a timeline to move out.

Later: Ooops! Just saw the video posted before me. :) So there we are. Though it is oblique - she is basically talking about the 'co-parenting' being a success. I didn't hear 'best friends' - no comment on their personal relationship - though I may have missed it.
Tyger, the comment is around 1:47. She says something about a cushion that says "happiness is being married to your best friend," and goes on to say "that's what they are. They are the best of friends."

I don't have a doubt in my mind that Andrew and Sarah are very firm friends, if not more.

Their daughters have both reiterated that their parents are good friends and I think Andrew's answer to if there have been "Lessons Learned" is very telling. I get the suggestion that he places a lot of blame on "the people who are around" the Royal couple and it is for that reason that I think he stands by Sarah. Only the two of them know what really went on during their marriage and if any of what Sarah said about "The Grey Men" at Buckingham Palace is true it doesn't surprise me that Andrew feels that he and Sarah were damned from the start.

I like them both and I think whatever arrangement they have going on works out well for them.

If I had a guest camping out with me due to financial set back and then heard them saying they had a 100K income it wouldnt take long for me to suggest they seemed to have adequate income to rent a place of their own and give them a timeline to move out.

As has oft been discovered, just because Sarah says something does not make it true. Andrew may be quite aware of Sarah's financial resources or lack thereof. Keeping some tabs on Sarah may be the best damage control he can manage, at least she's less likely to run up bills for 'her' staff which go unpaid.

So now they're everything but married (if happiness is being married to your best friend, and you then dispense with the marriage part and just have the happiness of being best friends, there's hardly any difference at all between the former state and the present one - from Sarah's point of view. Right?)

Why do I not quite believe her? (Either in the fact that she once regarded him as her best friend during the marriage or that they are best friends now; if they are, it's a peculiar form of best friendship, but to each their own) Until I hear Andrew's side (and something more than the common divorced children's words of "they're still friends), I'm loath to rely just on Sarah's statements.

That's after watching her reality show, of course.

I'm taking what Sarah says about Andrew with a big hunk of salt.

I just keep thinking that perhaps her feelings right now about Andrew is more transference than a strong, loving relationship that goes both ways. He gives her a place to live, he jumps in to try and help when her finances go bust and they do have a good relationship in how they interact with their daughters. I think perhaps Sarah is seeing Andrew as the knight on the white horse that is there to rescue her much like a patient would fall in love with her psychiatrist who sorts out her mental problems or a doctor that saves a patient from a life threatening disease.

Its also probable that this is exactly the same reason Sarah describes Oprah as her new best friend.

These are just my suppositions only and me thinking out loud again.

I agree with that. It suits Sarah right now but if someone else came along I think she would be off like a shot just like she did before. I think it is very telling that Beatrice refers to Andrew as a single dad and she would like him to be with someone. That says that he and Sarah are nothing more then friends and their is no romantic relationship there. If Sarah and Andrew where some sort of couple Beatrice wouldn't be saying it.

This statement, Osipi, makes good sense. Those sorts of "love" can feel very strong and permanent when a person is dependent on someone, even in a professional relationship. I'd think that they could be even more intense with an ex-husband and/or friend who comes to the rescue again and again.

I think perhaps Sarah is seeing Andrew as the knight on the white horse that is there to rescue her much like a patient would fall in love with her psychiatrist who sorts out her mental problems or a doctor that saves a patient from a life threatening disease.

The way I see Sarah and Andrew's relationship... I feel that they have a very deep, very close friendship. I think any romantic element belongs in the past, and although Sarah recognizes this, she does have regrets that they aren't "together" as husband and wife still (This is what she says in Finding Sarah - I don't have the exact quote to hand).

Eugenie says that they are "best friends" - not just "still friends" as many divorced couples would be described. And Sarah has frequently used the same phrase to describe their relationship. She has often talked in interviews of how she feels she divorced "the system" of the RF, rather than Andrew, and perhaps that may explain her feelings of regret - that on a personal level, in different circumstances, it could still have worked.
I think their current relationship is defined firstly by a strong sense of their co-parenting obligations (again, something that Sarah has frequently said in interviews) - they have been commendable determined to give Beatrice and Eugenie a united, secure family.

And secondly I think there is a strong sense of mutual support of each other in their relationship, as befits a very close friendship. For example, Andrew acted like a true gentleman in the way that he helped Sarah after her financial problems, paying off her debts and continuing to let her live at RL as long as necessary. And when Andrew had problems with the media over his trade role, Sarah was the first to defend him to the world.

By personal view is that they have a very close friendship, through which they help and support each other and provide a strong, secure family unit for their girls. I think they deserve a lot of credit for that.

Since I am unlikely to ever buy "Finding Sarah" unless it is in the 1.99 remainders bin at the shops, does she ever discuss her infidelities while married to Andrew in the book?

I watched when it came on OWN and from that I learned that she's going through emotional issues and that she is referring accepting that bribe from that reporter that used her, and her daughters only wish for her to feel better and have a bright future and thanks to psychologists and dr. Phil helping her understand why she acts the way she does and hopefully with the show she can recover from her troubled past. I just didn't know how much she was suffering and says she sabotaged herself.

Since I am unlikely to ever buy "Finding Sarah" unless it is in the 1.99 remainders bin at the shops, does she ever discuss her infidelities while married to Andrew in the book?

That's a very good point - does she ever own up to all of that? Does she ever say "I did this and so, it was wrong of me, I regret it - this is what I have learned from it?" Is she ever that honest - or is it a white-wash?

[...] with the show she can recover from her troubled past. I just didn't know how much she was suffering and says she sabotaged herself.

Just saw this posted close to my post. I saw the show but have not read the book (unlikely to - lack of interest and lack of time for such). So I know the show never discussed details - though at one point Dr Phil did bring up the marital infidelities (he did seem to try to get her to talk substance) - but she never 'complied' and they are glossed over with the "says she sabotaged herself". Its all generalities. She talks about what a great man Andrew is and how he was 'her man', etc. Yet I now know that at the time of her marriage she is referencing she was saying and behaving quite differently - saying Andrew was 'boring'. So the book is just as general?

To be honest, I'm surprised Dr Phil allowed himself to be part of such a fluffy, non-substantive show. Perhaps he went in trusting it would be one thing and it turned into something else. Wouldn't be the first time for such a swithceroo.

Last edited:
In the beginning of the autobiography that Sarah wrote after her divorce from Andrew, she describes the morning that the photos of her with John Bryan were all over the papers. According to her, Andrew's response on seeing the photos was that it wasn't anyone's business but their own what happened. Oddly enough, Sarah didn't say anything about how she felt that she betrayed Andrew; but she does talk about the Queen's anger and how badly she felt about letting HM down. Sarah seemed to have been most upset about the pictures being in the paper and the fall-out within the Royal Family because of that. I didn't get any sense that she was remorseful for what she had done or that she had her very young girls within view of her "playtime" with Bryan.

'
In the beginning of the autobiography that Sarah wrote after her divorce from Andrew, she describes the morning that the photos of her with John Bryan were all over the papers. According to her, Andrew's response on seeing the photos was that it wasn't anyone's business but their own what happened. Oddly enough, Sarah didn't say anything about how she felt that she betrayed Andrew; but she does talk about the Queen's anger and how badly she felt about letting HM down. Sarah seemed to have been most upset about the pictures being in the paper and the fall-out within the Royal Family because of that. I didn't get any sense that she was remorseful for what she had done or that she had her very young girls within view of her "playtime" with Bryan.

Curiously, I have read that it was Diana who called the press and tipped them so that they could get the pictures that incriminated her. Nice sister-in-law.

From what you say, is it possible that no one - even 'the firm' - really did 'care' except for her being 'caught'? Its an attitude that in some ways I can savvy to - that there is a public and private life - and the private life is private, accountable privately but not accountable to the public. I agree with this - especially when it comes to sexual stuff with people in the public eye - I soooo don't want to know. :sad:

So her attitude is - 'this is about Andrew and me, even Andrew agrees - so I don't have to say anything'. Okay. But when you start putting oneself forward as an 'example' of 'finding oneself' - well, one has to pony up to the facts. Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom