The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Lord Charteris was right all those years ago when he described Sarah as a vulgar woman.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
We all have a less-than-noble side. Anyone who describes herself as having a pure heart has a problem.
That reminds me of a roommate I had who claimed he never lied though he was easily the biggest liar I knew.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Courtier

I used to date a guy who told me how funny he was he wasn't. People who feel the need to tell you that they have a pure heart clearly don't think you are going to see it. I'm not sure how pure she can be after all the things she has done. Having affairs, being greedy, overspending, her love of vacations over work, selling access! Yep spells pure of heart too me. What is scary is she really seems to believe the stuff she is saying she needs to reread some of her previous interviews and her book so she can get things straight.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Aristocracy

Try asking friends and family how they see you as being, their revelations could surprise you. The person who lives in our heads could be very different from the person we reveal. Sarah appears to have a big ego coupled with low self esteem, some thing which is not specific to Duchesses, ex or otherwise.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

NGalitzine - Lord Charteris is also the man who said that "the Prince is such a charming man when he isn't being whiny"...
Old 07-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Tonight the saga of "Finding Sarah" continues and I'm sure I'll catch it sooner or later this week.

I have a few off the wall questions to pose and would be interested in what the views out there are on it. We were all wondering and supposing reasons why there was a break in new episodes this past week. I'm wondering it maybe it was to not have Finding Sarah on at the same time as William and Kate's visit to Canada and LA? Another thing. Did the royal visit draw attention to or distract attention from Sarah's journey and how the public perceive it?

IIRC, the new episode that begins airing tonight deals with Sarah and the announcement of William and Kate's engagement. I really wonder what thoughts went through Sarah's mind as saw how highly successful W&K have been recently wherever they went.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Won't that be an interesting comparison: Wills and Kate Media SuperStars and doing diplomatically, and with decorum what Royals ought to be doing, and Sarah and her myriad of problems aired out for all to see.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Won't that be an interesting comparison: Wills and Kate Media SuperStars and doing diplomatically, and with decorum what Royals ought to be doing, and Sarah and her myriad of problems aired out for all to see.
After having followed "Waity Katie" for so many years, I can simply not even imagine that she could "do a Sarah" - we still don't know much about the new Duchess of Cambridge, but one thing seems to be clear: she won't shame her husband and his family in public. And my guess is that she won't do it in private either.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
NGalitzine - Lord Charteris is also the man who said that "the Prince is such a charming man when he isn't being whiny"...
And he was probably right on both counts. In this case though, if the Prince does whine he at least does it in private and not on a reality tv show. The former Duchess choses to show her vulgarity to the entire world.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Ahh one of the true rewards with making a hefty dinner is that Mr. Remote fell asleep and I was able to catch the first showing of session #4.

All I can say about the physical challenge of walking 26 miles back to Yellowknife lugging necessities and gear takes a whole lot of courage and guts. This episode of the intensive training for the quest for me was actually the best one yet. I don't think I'd even make it to the end of my driveway tugging a tire along and it sure was a far cry from watching Sarah walk doing an aisle with a train following her. She keeps on pushing on. I would have quit and I can understand why Sarah got to the breaking point of quitting also. This was filmed at the time of the announcement of Will and Kate's engagement and actually the session with Dr. Phil was a good one. She touches on her relationship with Andrew and from what she's said, I am now really inclined to think that she would be very happy to spend the rest of her life with him. However you look at that session, it did give her the courage to keep pushing on rather than quit.

Next week is the actual 26 mile trek and should be interesting.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

I think Sarah could take a lesson or two from The Middletons in how to behave when one is associated with but not a member of the BRF. Of course the Middletons are fairly new to this......sort of.......
Old 07-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

Sarah seems to want to be told exactly what to do, but when people take that approach, she gets huffy. I don't feel particularly hopeful about her changing, after watching the first 3 shows - but will watch the rest of the show with interest.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Thank you for the update Osipi and I look forward to hearing from other forum members who saw the episode too.

Whilst I obviously have not watched the episode, I can well believe why Sarah wants to spend her life with Andrew. Without in any way wanting to be thought of as a Sarah-basher, Sarah does not really seem to have too many other options at this point, does she?

At the moment, even though Sarah has apparently no money [at least according to her!] she is living in a Royal Property on what we call an 'all-found basis'. I count myself as very fortunate and lucky, as I live in a good house in a pleasant part of the country. My husband has a good professional job, and I have always worked although I switched to flexible hours and a more flexible job a few years ago in order to fit in my family commitments. But even so, there is hardly any 'spare money' about in my family, I don't live in a Royal Property, I don't enjoy a designer clothed existence, I don't have a selection of Birkin Bags etc etc and I don't drive about in a Bentley. I don't eat out in Mosimann's!! In other words, my lifestyle - which I enjoy and am very, very, very grateful for, is quite modest by comparison to that of the almost-bankrupt Sarah! No wonder she does not wish to move out........

I can imagine that there is another reason for Sarah wanting to stay put at Royal Lodge and it is simply this - I don't mean to be unkind, but Sarah's way of earning to date has been based on her relationship to the Royal family, and to trying to maintain that she is still 'royal'. Sorry if this offends people, but it is true. At every opportunity she has to remind people that she is connected to Royalty; her books and interviews and even her publisher's 'blurb' talks about Sarah THE Duchess of York. In one of the links posted here, there is even an anecdote about Sarah passing over her business card which is engraved on one side with 'The Duchess of York'. The interviewer is then charmed because Sarah then crosses this through and puts simply 'Sarah'. Well, the fact is that having separated from Andrew in 1992 [ that is nearly 20 years ago], Sarah is hardly 'Royal' any more and she has not been Duchess of York since her divorce. At the moment, people seem to think that she is still 'royal' and I daresay she benefits commercially from this misassumption. Take her out of Royal Lodge and not only will it start to cost her a lot of money but she also loses her 'connection to royalty'. Sad, but true.

And like I always say, I don't mean to offend, but I am just putting forward my view.

Alex
Old 07-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

I'm watching the fourth episode and I'm not getting the part about Sarah's "lack of intention" when she introduced a third person into her marriage. How could she not have intended to be seen with the guy in Texas (IIRC)?

More plainly put, the impression was strongly given that she cheated on Andrew - but she says her intentions were good? She didn't mean to do it? I don't get it.

Andrew sounds very sweet. She's lucky that he lets her live there and considers her family. I can certainly see how he wouldn't want to reintroduce her as family, though.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I'm watching the fourth episode and I'm not getting the part about Sarah's "lack of intention" when she introduced a third person into her marriage. How could she not have intended to be seen with the guy in Texas (IIRC)?

More plainly put, the impression was strongly given that she cheated on Andrew - but she says her intentions were good? She didn't mean to do it? I don't get it.

Andrew sounds very sweet. She's lucky that he lets her live there and considers her family. I can certainly see how he wouldn't want to reintroduce her as family, though.
So the topic of Sarah's affair or relationship with Steven Wyatt came up? I'm curious, because she has almost never discussed that topic. I can't watch the show...can you elaborate a little more? Why does Andrew sound "sweet"?
Old 07-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Andrew sounds "sweet" because he tells her that he's glad to have his "three girls" around as family and includes her as family when the girls are around. He clearly does more than just tolerate Sarah staying at his house.

The affair came up obliquely when Dr. Phil asked Sarah whether she had ever *intended* to ruin her marriage or something like that. Sarah said oh, no way, she never *intended* to do anything to ruin her marriage.

At the end, I was left liking Sarah - the way I like some of my weaker-willed family members, but thinking there's no way this woman is suited to the kind of life that the Royals have to endure. I also feel for her daughters, who must be growing up at around the same time as their 51 year old mother (Sarah seems as if she's dealing with issues that are from late adolescence).
Old 07-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

All the readers and viewers of Sarah's effusions deserve a medal for Valour and Intrepitude from HM !!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

What will happen on Béatrice or Eugenie's wedding-day ? The Queen and the Duke will stay home instead of sitting next to Sarah.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Aristocracy

At Andrew's 50th birthday he called her his " Third Child" not as she put it on the show last night that he has 3 girls in his life. Call me crazy but I don't see anything cute or endearing about a 50 year old woman at the time being referred to as a child by anyone. Some may say that he was just kidding but there is a lot of truth in jest.

Dr. Phil said asked her about why is she still living in Andrew's house. He also said I don't know of any adult that does not want their own place to live but I guess the key to that statement is the word adult. The other thing he asked her is how can it be healthy for both her & Andrew for her to continue to live there what surprised me is that she said it was healthy for the both of them. Of course she qualified that by saying since Andrew travels so much & she travels that he is often he is not there so they don't see each other all the time. Sarah's versions of different stories seem to change depending on who she is doing the interview with. Dr. Phil said something to her about being able to move on & that Andrew may have forgiven her, my love her but has moved on but she needs to find a way to move on herself or something to that effect. Just seems to me if she keeps trying to recreate what she she destroyed she will never find Sarah. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
What will happen on Béatrice or Eugenie's wedding-day ? The Queen and the Duke will stay home instead of sitting next to Sarah.

I don't think they would do that. Most grandparents would just suck it up & grin and bear it rather than hurt their granddaughters on the most important day of their lives no matter their feelings about one of the parents.