Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tyger for all the information on "Finding Sarah". I don't get the Oprah channel, so found it interesting and informative and very, very sad. It appears that Sarah has accomplished nothing of what she wanted to accomplish and has only succeeded in embarrassing her family, once again.

I think the reason Andrew keeps bailing out Sarah is to try to keep ahead of her self destruction to avoid embarrassment for the RF and his daughters. I think he feels he has to keep doing this, which, of course, only feeds into Sarah's problems.

The thing that stood out for me in the Mail article which I linked above, was SF's comments about Beatrice and the stylist. I don't know whether Beatrice is sensitive about this subject, or not, but it seems to me that it is inappropriate for SF to be braying to the press about it. If Beatrice wants to talk about it, that's fine, but I suspect Sarah chose to reveal it w/out Beatrice's consent.
I can just see it playing out - Sarah blabs to the press about the stylist, Beatrice complains and when Sarah doesn't get why Beatrice is upset, Beatrice tells her why and the only thing Sarah hears is that it makes Beatrice look bad fashionwise, so now Sarah is 'fixing' it by again blabbing to the press claiming Beatrice doesn't 'need' a stylist, blah blah blah. The important message, that Sarah should not be discussing her daughter's private life at all, does not occurr to Sarah.
It's one thing for Sarah to expose her every move and misstep to the press - but she should not be discussing or revealing her daughters choices. At some point the girls will have to edit what they tell their mother, since she clearly can't edit herself.

:previous: Well, its natural for parents to talk about their children....so to ask that Sarah doesn't do that about Beatrice (and Eugenie) is to ask her to do something that is not the norm for most parents. Most parents talk about the going ons of the their children quite often.

That being said, I would agree that as usual (or lately) Sarah still doesn't have a clue. I would imagine that she would talk about how proud she is of Beatrice's graduation, her career goals, etc., but to talk about a stylist? A costly stylist at that. Don't get me wrong if Andrew and/or the Queen is paying for the stylist it is certainly their business, but to remind people that Beatrice is paying someone a lot of money to dress her when people manage to do so themselves every day, or are struggling to pay their bills is not so smart. And I am definitely one of those people who don't begrudge people who have money from spending it anyway they like. I just don't think you have to be flashy about it. Beatrice could have had a low key stylist but because Sarah is talking about it...it just adds to the York bashing.

How long until she ends up like Winehouse or Marilyn Monroe? If she's losing control, it's likely that she will end up self destructing. She won't be able to end up with more work or end up getting more moeny from endorsements. I just hope to God the princesses get all the help and support they need to get through this.
I highly doubt that Sarah would end up like either woman. She has made it this far, IMO, sucking off the BRF, why should she stop now?

Lets end the Amy Winehouse and/or Marilyn Monroe comparisons. Its quite speculative.

:previous: Well, its natural for parents to talk about their children....so to ask that Sarah doesn't do that about Beatrice (and Eugenie) is to ask her to do something that is not the norm for most parents. Most parents talk about the going ons of the their children quite often.

That being said, I would agree that as usual (or lately) Sarah still doesn't have a clue. I would imagine that she would talk about how proud she is of Beatrice's graduation, her career goals, etc., but to talk about a stylist? A costly stylist at that. Don't get me wrong if Andrew and/or the Queen is paying for the stylist it is certainly their business, but to remind people that Beatrice is paying someone a lot of money to dress her when people manage to do so themselves every day, or are struggling to pay their bills is not so smart. And I am definitely one of those people who don't begrudge people who have money from spending it anyway they like. I just don't think you have to be flashy about it. Beatrice could have had a low key stylist but because Sarah is talking about it...it just adds to the York bashing.

There is another, more practical reason for Sarah not mentioning the stylist apart from the cost, and it is this: Stylists sometimes get it wrong! And that leads to increasing column inches about 'sartorial disasters'...I remember encountering Zara at Royal Ascot wearing an ill-fitting one shouldered dress. It was a somewhat unusually choice for her, but I literally can remember thinking at the time: well, Zara's a world-class equestrienne and so she does not HAVE to be fashionable; and then the news broke that this strange frock was the result of a Stylist and the story continued for days afterwards [How can Zara have paid someone so much to make her look so awful etc...?] Best to keep silent if you engage a Stylist: if you look great, well that's marvellous but if the Stylist gets it wrong, no one knows.........

:previous: That's very true but really with regards to the Yorks (Duke, Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie) it has more to do with..........Who is Paying for your Stylist?

My main point is that Sarah in her interview and television appearances should try not to add fuel to the fire as it relates to her daughters. Keep it light and sweet. Don't bring attention to anything that my negatively affect your daughters. And lately, she does it quite often. What kind of controversy can she bring (or add to) by stating Beatrice worked hard for graduation (as it relates to her dyslexia) and we are extremely proud of her.

Instead people will link Sarah's debts, Andrew's air miles image, the York Princesses security costs with the cost of a stylist. Not smart IMO.

Sarah's a survivor. Despite all her protestations about low self-esteem, I think that she has a very, very strong character. She's able to get up and make speeches and she had the "guts" at one time to court and marry a prince at a time of high press scrutiny.

I highly doubt that Sarah would end up like either woman. She has made it this far, IMO, sucking off the BRF, why should she stop now?

The greatest contrast I can think of between Sarah and the BRF members is that they all try to keep 'stories' [even anodyne ones] out of the media and do their level best [albeit unsuccessfully at times!] to make sure that the stories that reach the papers and tv are all officially disseminated by their Press Secretaries and relate mostly to their work and roles, not chit-chat about their fashions etc etc

Sarah by contrast seem to talk the whole time, not just about herself but about as many members of the BRF as she can mention......we've even had her detailed thoughts about Catherine, a person she has never me. Even when Sarah was still married to Andrew and before all the scandal started, she had no sense of discretion - I can remember how she told the BBC about the loos at Windsor Castle and how you pulled the chain 'up' [up from where? from the floor?????] rather than down, and even the BBC journalist was temporarily non-plussed!

Alex

Last edited:
Have not watched this before; I notice how Sarah does all she can to give the impresssion that she is WITH Andrew......

As I have said on another thread, I always wonder what Andrew's side of the story is?

Just my thoughts

Alex

Interesting. Her makeup is fantastic, it looks clean and business-like. It's a shame that her weight is making her uncomfortable, since I know that's a hot-button for her.

But she's still skirting a lot of issues, including a direct question about "what was going on there?" meaning during the Cash for Access situation and she brushed it off "that was then...." and didn't answer.

I think even she realizes that the Oprah thing wasn't the big payoff, and now it's back to trying to lay claim to Andy again.

In this clip, they were for sure soft-soaping her - and I don't think she knows that. I don't think she really knows that. But then she's throwing around a lot of stuff as well - so I guess with all the smoke and mirrors it gets confusing. I watched this - listened to her - and just groan inside. Same story - same patter - word for word - its a tape-loop. (I've been watching a lot of her recently). However, she does look a little like she feels trapped, doesn't she? She's unsure about what the questions will be, I think. Her fears are confirmed. For a person who has purportedly changed she is clearly still unable to face the music.

Did you hear what the guy said at the end? Paraphrased -

Him: I'm leaving with you. If we go into the restaurant with you maybe we'll get a good table -

Sarah: Well, yes, you know - (garbled)

Did he do that on purpose? Wow! After he mentioned the scandal he goes and puts that out there - saying it very loudly, on camera. Did she get it? Unlikley. Am I being cynical?

What's curious about her patter regarding the scandal - and it never seems to vary in everything I've seen so far - is that she states (in various ways) that she did not see that what she did was wrong and that its a video that is being interpreted incorrectly, etc.. (and gives no evidence to conclusively support her view. I realize we are not in a court of law but she is trying to negotiate with the public, she is in the court of public opinion - in this case ya gotta 'fess up if you want a public life, Sarah!). Yet she follows that at once with saying she was at a low point and yaddah-yaddah. She is excusing an action - asking for mercy because of extenuating circumstances (she was at a low point) - that she just said was not wrong-doing. Does anyone else see the oddness of her patter about this? Did nothing wrong but was at a low point, so.....:ermm:

Its so clear: Sarah is guilty, and she knows she is guilty. Even with Dr Phil she said did the same wily dance around the facts. She's not going to have peace until she owns it - especially if she wants a public life - she will have to own it publicly. That's the deal. She's not willing to make the deal.

I wouldn't think this way btw if it was private sexual stuff, for example, in which no law was being broken, no one was being harmed, etc. I draw the line at people's personal lives and view stone-walling as perfectly acceptable in the face of invasive journalism or kiss-and-tell low-lifes. This is quite another kettle of fish - exacerbated by the fact that Sarah has chosen to go this public route.

Its becoming hard to watch. Its a train wreck. To be humane, could the media just not give her opportunities to go through this song and dance? She is not in a place, clearly, where she can judge for herself - and its sad to watch the dissolution before one's eyes.

Last edited:
I noticed that bit about the restaurant as well, Tyger. Very telling.

And yes, I am sure that despite her many protestations, Sarah knew very well that the Cash-for-Access was very wrong.

That is another reason why, although I loathe the now-defunct News of the World as a newspaper, its journalism did bring out some interesting facts: without the video evidence, some people might really have believed Sarah's version of events [that it was not as described etc].

I must confess that I am also not keen on Sarah's statement that the Oprah show was done 'for herself' so that she could get advice from Dr Phil et al. If she really wanted therapy, this is all available on the British NHS for free and it is all held privately as well, so no need to expose yourself to all the tv viewers..................but then of course, there would be no chance of the $ or of re-building her 'career'.

Forgive me if I am cynical, but I find all of this business so hard; as I often say, when Sarah joined the BRF initially I rejoiced as it seemed that this would be a huge asset for the monarchy. It has been a very painful journey for me at times.

Alex

I must confess that I am also not keen on Sarah's statement that the Oprah show was done 'for herself' so that she could get advice from Dr Phil et al. If she really wanted therapy, this is all available on the British NHS for free and it is all held privately as well, so no need to expose yourself to all the tv viewers..................but then of course, there would be no chance of the $ or of re-building her 'career'.

Right on! You got it. The moment she starts that tack one must roll one's eyes. Disingenuous in the extreme. I have to cover my eyes - I don't want to look. "Tell me when its over!" This is what took place with Diana that has me so incensed - that someone so clearly out-of-it (to be kind) yet is allowed to go on-and-on in a public way. Its excruciating to watch. I'm close to swearing off her - and its not because I 'dislike' her - its because its so sad, so human, so terribly tragic. :sad:

P.S. Never doubt it, the children of this couple are suffering.

The fact that she would even hint that she thinks this was genuine therapy (with Dr. Phil) is yet another bit of flotsam in the train wreck.

"The media" cannot be asked to be someone's buddy and/or caretaker, when it's their ob to report. She walks up to them and demands attention, what else is to be expected? She got *paid* to do this "media" thing for Oprah.

She will never give up trying to use her royal connections to get money, perks and attention. The fact that she went way over the line into illegality (certainly unethical behavior) will not stop her; I would be so embarrassed if I were Andrew, but perhaps he still cares for her or thinks he helped create the situation.

I can imagine that this has been so much more difficult for people who've met Sarah or saw her in person when she was still the "breath of fresh air." Her tour of Canada in 1987 was the original "fun tour", and I remember reading the articles and seeing the pictures about how warm and informal the Yorks were. They were seen as young, lively, and truly "in love" as opposed to the Walses who were here the year before, when cracks were starting to appear in their marriage. My wish is to see Sarah content with her life and to do something new for herself rather than follow the pattern that she has set for the last while.

...when Sarah joined the BRF initially I rejoiced as it seemed that this would be a huge asset for the monarchy. It has been a very painful journey for me at times.

Alex

I have watched a couple of the finding Sarah eposides ...almost laughable.

This woman doesn't know why her daughter is crying and sad???? She really is something else, this is IMO, a very major mistake. It's one thing to be willing to humiliate oneself but to put her daughters in front of the camera as well ..... no wonder PA took a trip to the wilds of Canada!

:previous: This is a new low. Why couldn't Oprah have left Beatrice and Eugenie out of it?! They aren't responsible for their mother's bad decisions.

Blubbing Fergie hits a new low: Duchess allows Beatrice and Eugenie to be filmed clearly in distress for latest TV series | Mail Online

When I read this, I remembered hearing that Oprah ordered a re-shoot for part of the series to make it more "dramatic", and that Oprah wanted more access to Beatrice and Eugenie. It seems like this last episode might have been the "re-shoot"?

I didn't watch the episode, but it sounds extremely staged. :ermm:

I hope this is the lowest Sarah can go (on TV) and that she doesn't involve Beatrice and/or Eugenie in any of her other publicity stunts.

I don't blame Oprah for putting Beatrice and Eugenie on the program. Business is business and Oprah is in it for the ratings and the money. It is 100% Sarah's fault. I am absolutely appalled.

I expect next we'll be treated to a Sarah reality series - suggested titles:
'Real housewives of Royal Lodge,' or perhaps
'Yucking it up with the Yorks,' (a la 'keeping up w/ the Kardashians') or, more British,
'Big fat wanna be royal wedding.'
I really wonder what the BRF's reaction to all this is.
Sad that Sarah's so clueless that she does not realize how harmful her conduct is to her daughters and that the cause of their pain in that regard is her own irresponsible, shameless, tawdry behavior.

So only people in the US have seen the show? Oh.

The Daily mail gives a good run down of what is clearly, in British eyes, the most offensive episode - having her daughters on the show.

The 6th and final episode was a sort of wrap-up - we see Sarah with her sister in Los Angeles, flown out from Australia, who after the visit with Sarah is filmed reflecting on how much Sarah is different.

Then we see her with the final visit to Dr Phil where he begins by saying that this is her time to say what she wants. He won't be 'doing his thing' - yet he winds up saying some pertinent things (guess he can't help himself) - the one that is the stand out for me is that: she may not be suited for the celebrity life. I forget how he exactly phrases it. Her response is interesting - something along the lines of 'no,no, I want it'. Though he's said he won't do his thing, he continues - for example, looking at her steadily as though he's trying to get her to really listen, he says: it doesn't last, its going to be over, all the fuss, the series is ending, none of this lasts, its not real. She answers: I know, I know. And he says: You have to start thinking about your life when the limousine leaves you at the curb and you stand there alone, that's where your real life is, where it starts (something like that - that she has to start looking at where and how she lives her life). Her response is: oh yes, oh yes. Its not believable. You never feel she's really getting it. Its like a crack addict - oh yes, oh yes, I know - now where can I get my next fix? Its like - not sinking in. In fairness to Dr Phil, when he does his little summing up bit, he says only that she's calmer than when he met her, he's very generic - at least that's how I recall it.

We see her visit Oprah - and watch as Oprah refers to her own background - which is far grimmer than Sarah's could ever have been (but its not a pain contest as Oprah says - she's just trying to make a point about going forward from adversity) - the camera zooms in on Sarah's face and Sarah sighs as Oprah talks. One can make of that what one will - but I saw it for what it appeared to be - and I was in disbelief. Oprah says something, too - that the snow trek was Sarah's idea. Oprah makes a point of saying: you wanted to do that, why did you want to do that? what did it prove for you? It gave me pause - Oprah is clearly telegraphing that Sarah had input as to what took place in this show. I wonder how much - maybe it was Sarah's ideas playing out. Oprah just made it possible. I'm not going to worry about it but that's an interesting twist. As an aside, Oprah was professional with Sarah, no more, and it was a very quick snippet.

Then Sarah goes back to England and that last half hour is the most strange, especially with Eugenie in the garden. Why was it even filmed? How did that happen. The daughters at the charity event with their mother are not smiling. Maybe Sarah did govern what took place. There is the moment when the two daughters are suppose to be saying how changed their mother is - and Eugenie says the words but Beatrice says nothing, as I recall. The moment when Beatrice is talking with her mother on the couch is significant - Beatrice is telling her mother how much she has always worried about her and still worries about her, and then suddenly breaks down crying - there is clearly enormous love and pain in Beatrice at that moment. Sarah clearly keeps the camera rolling, and urges her on - asks Beatrice: do you think I have changed? And the camera shows Beatrice in tears, unable to speak, dissolving further in pain - anyone watching that scene knows that Beatrice must not be seeing a changed mother - or that's how I read the situation. Then we have a long shot - and Sarah again is prodding Beatrice to say that she (Sarah) has changed - and finally Beatrice comes out with something. Even by American standards that whole scene does not play well - I am very grieved to say that it plays like Sarah is using Beatrice. Yet, Beatrice has to have agreed to it. The whole thing with her daughters is very questionable - I am going to agree with the Daily Mail. :ohmy:

(Added Later: Regarding having the sister and daughters in the 'docu-series' - I feel I need to defend Oprah (for some reason). When these kinds of shows are done in the US its usually all about family relationships - it would be unusual not to have family members participate. That's the deal. If one doesn't like it, one doesn't do it. One does another kind of show. Just saying.)

It would be really good if others in the US who saw the episodes talk about the details - and correct me if I'm wrong. I give a lot of impressions and that is different from facts. OWN repeats the shows - so I am assuming they will be on to be viewed again - though I'm not seeing it. they don't advertize it anymore - it sort of 'went away'. I think it had a somewhat promising start - but when it became clear the 'star' wasn't being straight - it lost momentum. I don't know if it bombed but it came close. Its the Tatum and Ryan O'Neal show that is really in repeats - that show is amazing IMO.

I was talking about this to someone today and mentioned Sarah's comment in the most recent link to the morning show after show video when she says that its not a 'reality show' but a 'docu-series' and at one point says: but that's how it was pitched to me. I'm wondering how long it will take Sarah to make 'Finding Sarah' (the show) something that she was 'talked into' by Oprah and was given bad advice about and-and-and.....In some ways she can't go down that road because she'd be burning bridges that would mean she'd never get back here. Like she makes sure she honors Andrew, she will never 'exactly' throw Oprah et al under the bus, but it will be something like: this is what they told me, this is how it was pitched to me, etc.

And there one has Oprah making a point to say that: this was your idea, Sarah, you wanted to do this.....with Sarah sitting stone faced for a second. Oprah repeats: this was your idea, Sarah. Finally, the answer from Sarah: yes, I know....

At long last, someone made Sarah admit responsibility!

Last edited:

I stopped watching it when she said that the Cash for Access-scandal was her "wake-up call" and she was glad it wasn't cancer... As if this scandal has been something that happened to her without her own doings... :bang: And to be thankful for it because it gave her the chance to work with all these "fantastic people" - is that really how she believes she gets back into the graces of the people?

From the article:

"I’ve learned it’s not what happens in your life, it’s what you say to yourself about what happens in your life.’Sarah says she is now ‘fighting like a lioness’ after battling her ‘addiction to acceptance and approval’.

Time interview anyone? :D

From the article:

"I’ve learned it’s not what happens in your life, it’s what you say to yourself about what happens in your life.’Sarah says she is now ‘fighting like a lioness’ after battling her ‘addiction to acceptance and approval’.

Time interview anyone? :D

The first sentence is a direct quote from Dr Phil - its one of his Dr Phil-isms. The second sentence is her taking a phrase that Dr Phil gave her to explain herself - but which I saw as her using to avoid the elephant in the room - her guilt - though I'm sure its accurate as far as it goes - she began using it like a hammer in every conversation.

Another Dr Phil-ism that never got spoken in the show because of the restrictions, I guess, is: You can't change what you don't acknowledge. Had Dr Phil been able to really 'do his thing' with Sarah, we would have seen a very interesting show. Here's a link to Dr Phil's Ten Life Laws - Dr. Phil.com - Advice - Dr. Phil's Ten Life Laws

Sarah has not learned from Dr Phil the entire lesson. I have given text to some of the 'Laws' (the rest have the text in the link) -

Life Law #1: You either get it or you don't.
Strategy: Become one of those who gets it.

Life Law #2: You create your own experience.
Strategy: Acknowledge and accept accountability for your life. Understand your role in creating results.

You cannot dodge responsibility for how and why your life is the way it is. If you don't like your job, you are accountable. If you are overweight, you are accountable. If you are not happy, you are accountable. You are creating the situations you are in and the emotions that flow from those situations.

Don't play the role of victim, or use past events to build excuses. It guarantees you no progress, no healing, and no victory. You will never fix a problem by blaming someone else. Whether the cards you've been dealt are good or bad, you're in charge of yourself now.

Every choice you make — including the thoughts you think — has consequences. When you choose the behavior or thought, you choose the consequences. If you choose to stay with a destructive partner, then you choose the consequences of pain and suffering. If you choose thoughts contaminated with anger and bitterness, then you will create an experience of alienation and hostility. When you start choosing the right behavior and thoughts — which will take a lot of discipline — you'll get the right consequences.

Life Law #2: You create your own experience.
Strategy: Acknowledge and accept accountability for your life. Understand your role in creating results.

You cannot dodge responsibility for how and why your life is the way it is. If you don't like your job, you are accountable. If you are overweight, you are accountable. If you are not happy, you are accountable. You are creating the situations you are in and the emotions that flow from those situations.

Don't play the role of victim, or use past events to build excuses. It guarantees you no progress, no healing, and no victory. You will never fix a problem by blaming someone else. Whether the cards you've been dealt are good or bad, you're in charge of yourself now.

Every choice you make — including the thoughts you think — has consequences. When you choose the behavior or thought, you choose the consequences. If you choose to stay with a destructive partner, then you choose the consequences of pain and suffering. If you choose thoughts contaminated with anger and bitterness, then you will create an experience of alienation and hostility. When you start choosing the right behavior and thoughts — which will take a lot of discipline — you'll get the right consequences.

Life Law #3: People do what works.
Strategy: Identify the payoffs that drive your behavior and that of others.

Life Law #4: You cannot change what you do not acknowledge.
Strategy: Get real with yourself about life and everybody in it. Be truthful about what isn't working in your life. Stop making excuses and start making results.

If you're unwilling or unable to identify and consciously acknowledge your negative behaviors, characteristics or life patterns, then you will not change them. (In fact, they will only grow worse and become more entrenched in your life.) You've got to face it to replace it.

Acknowledgment means slapping yourself in the face with the brutal reality, admitting that you are getting payoffs for what you are doing, and giving yourself a no-kidding, bottom-line truthful confrontation. You cannot afford the luxury of lies, denial or defensiveness.

Where are you now? If you hope to have a winning life strategy, you have to be honest about where your life is right now. Your life is not too bad to fix and it's not too late to fix it. But be honest about what needs fixing. If you lie to yourself about any dimension of your life, an otherwise sound strategy will be compromised.

Life Law #5: Life rewards action.
Strategy: Make careful decisions and then pull the trigger. Learn that the world couldn't care less about thoughts without actions.

Talk is cheap. It's what you do that determines the script of your life. Translate your insights, understandings and awareness into purposeful, meaningful, constructive actions. They are of no value until then. Measure yourself and others based on results — not intentions or words.

Use any pain you have to propel you out of the situation you are in and to get you where you want to be. The same pain that burdens you now could be turned to your advantage. It may be the very motivation you need to change your life.

Decide that you are worth the risk of taking action, and that your dreams are not to be sold out. Know that putting yourself at risk may be scary, but it will be worth it. You must leave behind the comfortable and familiar if you are to move onward and upward.

Life Law #6: There is no reality, only perception.
Strategy: Identify the filters through which you view the world. Acknowledge your history without being controlled by it.

You know and experience this world only through the perceptions that you create. You have the ability to choose how you perceive any event in your life, and you exercise this power of choice in every circumstance, every day of your life. No matter what the situation, you choose your reaction, assigning meaning and value to an event.

We all view the world through individual filters, which influence the interpretations we give events, how we respond, and how we are responded to. Be aware of the factors that influence the way you see the world, so you can compensate for them and react against them. If you continue to view the world through a filter created by past events, then you are allowing your past to control and dictate both your present and your future.

Filters are made up of fixed beliefs, negative ideas that have become entrenched in your thinking. They are dangerous because if you treat them as fact, you will not seek, receive or process new information, which undermines your plans for change. If you "shake up" your belief system by challenging these views and testing their validity, the freshness of your perspective can be startling.

Life Law #7: Life is managed; it is not cured.
Strategy: Learn to take charge of your life and hold on. This is a long ride, and you are the driver every single day.

You are a life manager, and your objective is to actively manage your life in a way that generates high-quality results. You are your own most important resource for making your life work. Success is a moving target that must be tracked and continually pursued.

Effective life management means you need to require more of yourself in your grooming, self-control, emotional management, interaction with others, work performance, dealing with fear, and in every other category you can think of. You must approach this task with the most intense commitment, direction and urgency you can muster.

The key to managing your life is to have a strategy. If you have a clear-cut plan, and the courage, commitment and energy to execute that strategy, you can flourish. If you don't have a plan, you'll be a stepping stone for those who do. You can also help yourself as a life manager if you manage your expectations. If you don't require much of yourself, your life will be of poor quality. If you have unrealistic standards, then you are adding to your difficulties.

Life Law #8: We teach people how to treat us.
Strategy: Own, rather than complain about, how people treat you. Learn to renegotiate your relationships to have what you want.

Life Law #9: There is power in forgiveness.
Strategy: Open your eyes to what anger and resentment are doing to you. Take your power back from those who have hurt you.

Life Law #10: You have to name it before you can claim it.
Strategy: Get clear about what you want and take your turn.

I think the above may give a better context to understand who Sarah was dealing with. I'm not a Dr Phil groupie but I do know his work and I catch his show every once in a while. IMO He does good work. He's tough in action. An interesting man - with a wide context for his work - its just not his show. He has discernment - as does Oprah. Much can be gathered from all that was not said and not shown in the 6 episodes as much as from what was. All in all, an interesting exercise.

Yes unfortunately discretion was never one of her best charateristics. I always felt that she was a little "wild" for Andrew and never quite seemed to fit into the Dutchess role. Maybe she can still learn from Dr Phil if not Andrew. Still a great improvement on Koo Stark though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom